Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I honestly prefer xbox tanks just because of xvm. Controls aren't that great but they're workable. It's also a lotttttt easier to carry and they still have dragon's ridge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone know if the LT-432 is any good? I still have a $25 Starbucks gift card that I can put towards something.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone know if the LT-432 is any good? I still have a $25 Starbucks gift card that I can put towards something.
I still see them everywhere on EU.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Imagine a light tank that is super difficult to hit and most shots that do hit bounce. It's a pain to play against in Frontlines.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Imagine a light tank that is super difficult to hit and most shots that do hit bounce. It's a pain to play against in Frontlines.

:allears:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I still see them everywhere on EU.

Looking at it's win rate across the servers I can see why. Yeah, might be a good investment. Looks like a fun tank to boot.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

I appreciate that console WOT has just turned the dumb dial up to 11 and called it good.
But uhh..
"A shot from the Dreadnought KV-2’s quick-aiming gun offers excellent penetrating power combined with a fast firing-rate, making it ideal for suppressing or harassing your way to victory. "

152 mm ML-20SM
rate of fire
2.61rounds/min
damage
700/700/910hp
penetration
175/250/86mm
reload time
23sec
aiming time
2.86sec

I'm not sure a 23s reload counts as fast.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CitizenKain posted:

I appreciate that console WOT has just turned the dumb dial up to 11 and called it good.
But uhh..
"A shot from the Dreadnought KV-2’s quick-aiming gun offers excellent penetrating power combined with a fast firing-rate, making it ideal for suppressing or harassing your way to victory. "

152 mm ML-20SM
rate of fire
2.61rounds/min
damage
700/700/910hp
penetration
175/250/86mm
reload time
23sec
aiming time
2.86sec

I'm not sure a 23s reload counts as fast.

700 alpha 250 pen at tier 7

on a turreted tank

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mesadoram posted:

It's a tier 9 medium with tier 8 light tank match making.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Of course.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

good enough

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Turns out Starbuck gift cards can only be used to buy gold and not tanks.

Insert sad trombone here.

But I do want that tank... Shitburgers.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Turns out Starbuck gift cards can only be used to buy gold and not tanks.
Ah yes, gold. That premium currency which can be used to buy premium tanks, except you can't use it to buy the ones you actually want.

Great move WG.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
thanks to all these 20k daily exp drops i ground out the wz132a in no time and bought the tier 10 on discount.. i really disliked the tier 9 it had nothing going for it vs other tanks.. lookin forward to acing this tier 10 -NOT and i know this tier 10 has awful gun stats but no matter how bad it's nice to be in a fresh tier 10 for a change, i cant remember the last time i bought one. --played it some.. i hate it the gun IS BAD a lot like the tier 9.. you can fully aim but only hit half if you're lucky of your shots and thats IF you even penetrate

Ah yes, gold. That premium currency which can be used to buy premium tanks, except you can't use it to buy the ones you actually want.

Great move WG.
hell yeah that way they get your money AND your other money

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 8, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Great move WG.

Super frustrating. I am thinking of sending them an email and try to see if I can get this by them.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Super frustrating. I am thinking of sending them an email and try to see if I can get this by them.

Has Wargaming customer support ever helped anyone?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

on a turreted tank

lol

McGavin posted:

They gave me back my beta sherman pretty easily and quickly

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

serious gaylord posted:

It's a tier 9 medium with tier 8 light tank match making.

It's very good but that's a bit of a stretch.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Still enjoying the Leo so far. Top gun is perfectly workable, view range upgrade on the top turret maxes you out to 445 with coated optics too, so it's still pretty okay for a tier 7 medium.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When is frontlines in may?

I skipped April, so probably need to put my dick on the grind stone to make sure I get the sweedman premium.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

They used to tell me why I was chatbanned.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

They used to tell me why I was chatbanned.

Used to...

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Used to...

he doesn't "play" anymore

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I see people mention maxing out spotting range all the time but doesn't having a higher spotting range help see though camo? Or this that not really much of a factor?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

on a turreted tank

I mean yea. I'm just saying a 23s reload isn't fast.

I'd buy the poo poo out of this tank if it was on PC though, because goddamn would it be hilarious.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Squibbles posted:

I see people mention maxing out spotting range all the time but doesn't having a higher spotting range help see though camo? Or this that not really much of a factor?

Yep, that is exactly what having greater than max view range spotting does. Your crew's excess view subtracts enemies' effective camo values.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Squibbles posted:

Yeah, but if you're both firing in the middle of a field, you really want to hit max view range to ensure you don't have the classic "I'm currently shooting the enemy, oh they blinked out and I shot way over and now they're back, cool" situation.

wjs5 posted:

he doesn't "play" anymore

smartest decision of my life

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
DUN DUN DUNNNN hmp i wonder why wn8 even exists! i bet i could pad the heck out of it in arty in clan wars! (early day teams)-are the worst .. this is the most assbackwards thing i've seen someone say in this game

McGavin posted:

i once got premiums i sold back without using real money

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 9, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

So they replied back and basically said sorry, the gift cards are only for gold. Unless they are CVS gift cards.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
WG NA discord is exactly what I expected.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

A calm and respectful place to discuss the historical influence of tanks in world history?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

:catstare:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Because *of course they would*, the IS-3A is going up for sale this month until the 31st. A ~pre-sale~ from 5/11-5/13, then a ~general~ sale from 5/13-5/31.

Betting this is going to be the first $99 just-for-the-tank sale.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Because *of course they would*, the IS-3A is going up for sale this month until the 31st. A ~pre-sale~ from 5/11-5/13, then a ~general~ sale from 5/13-5/31.

Of course they are.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Sucks to play against an IS3A in a heavy, but for every other class it's basically free damage. Load gold, sit at 400m at smoke his rear end.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
How's the 50TP Proto? I've got a 50% off thing on xbox tanks and I'm thinking about picking it up.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i only played a couple games in the rental but i thought it was pretty good. the gun felt a bit more reliable than the one on my is-3

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They had the Defender on sale last week for about ~$43 just for the base tank. But I am glad to see they are giving people a chance at purchasing the drat thing.

McGavin posted:

Remember when I first posted and I accidently used my facebook to make an account? They changed it very quickly for me when I submitted a ticket for a name change.

E2- I asked on Discord but I will ask here too. I forgot I can exclude two maps but I am undecisive mainly due to I hate seeing maps in a top down view. But I figured I would ask you guys: What are the two worst maps in your opinion?

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 9, 2019

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

primelaw posted:

How's the 50TP Proto? I've got a 50% off thing on xbox tanks and I'm thinking about picking it up.

I enjoy it. That alpha will surprise you too. It is more reliable at heavy tanking if it can sidescrape a bit as the tracks are huge.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gorman Thomas posted:

Sucks to play against an IS3A in a heavy, but for every other class it's basically free damage. Load gold, sit at 400m at smoke his rear end.

lol if you think an IS-3A needs to aim to hit you at 400m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

E2- I asked on Discord but I will ask here too. I forgot I can exclude two maps but I am undecisive mainly due to I hate seeing maps in a top down view. But I figured I would ask you guys: What are the two worst maps in your opinion?

I'm blocking Ensk and Province.