Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
A full new semester (the original had barely 2) really makes me hopeful for a lot of new side content to flesh out the party, just like Golden did. Cmon Atlus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They're gonna make one of the party members racist, somehow.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Ledgy posted:

A full new semester (the original had barely 2) really makes me hopeful for a lot of new side content to flesh out the party, just like Golden did. Cmon Atlus

Aside from something just on 1/1, where is this stuff about a new semester coming from? I've heard about it before, so I assume someone is going off something in the Japanese.

And if that is a human Morgana <groan> I think they hewed a little too closely to Yusuke's design. Mainly the hair color.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Onomarchus posted:

Aside from something just on 1/1, where is this stuff about a new semester coming from? I've heard about it before, so I assume someone is going off something in the Japanese.

And if that is a human Morgana <groan> I think they hewed a little too closely to Yusuke's design. Mainly the hair color.

It’s already be stated that we’re getting those three months later. The only possible explanation I can come up with that doesn’t require a large amount of rewrites is that Akechi survives and turns himself in so Joker and the rest of the Thieves can go free and deal with whatever other problem pops up after Yaldaboah dies.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Onomarchus posted:

That may be the point

They run into something that grants wishes or at least has them perceive that in the expanded content. Maybe a new villain or just an expansion of the Holy Grail scenes. This is probably why Wakaba is back and Morgana is human in some of the preview material. Odds are good its going to be a bad thing that the crew punches a deity to resolve and Morgana doesn't actually become human.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Zore posted:

That may be the point

They run into something that grants wishes or at least has them perceive that in the expanded content. Maybe a new villain or just an expansion of the Holy Grail scenes. This is probably why Wakaba is back and Morgana is human in some of the preview material. Odds are good its going to be a bad thing that the crew punches a deity to resolve and Morgana doesn't actually become human.

Oh, I remember someone mentioning a bit where people are shown themselves getting their desires. I don't know where they got that either, so I have to assume again it was something mentioned in Japanese somewhere.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Tired Moritz posted:

Finally, some character development for Haru.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Come on don't make it so easy for me

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Randallteal posted:

Haru: Joker, have you ever considered that globalists and Soros [insert racist rant]. All this to prevent Big Bang from selling burgers to hard working citizens.

Ryuji: FOR REAL???

Haru: And they're putting chemicals in the water to turn the frogs gay! Check out this 45 part YouTube special explaining how you all have been lied to.

<cut to the party missing a deadline and Joker being arrested in LeBlanc>

<cut to Ann crying>

"We could have won if Ryuji wasn't watching conspiracy theory YouTube videos all day!"

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Onomarchus posted:

The official website mentions the third term pretty prominently, yeah.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I beat Palace 3 this weekend and made it about halfway through Palace 4. Palace 3 was a bit of a slog and I didn't find the boss all that compelling compared to the first two (which I wiped to multiple times). I didn't even come anywhere close to dying to Piggie-Tron. Several of the mini-bosses had been much more touch-and-go.

Palace 4 and the events leading up to it have been more interesting but I think I'm way overleveled or overpowered for it? Like even red enemies are cake. I made a persona called Matador and he just seems to steamroll everything along with Principality and Suzaku. SP accessories are a godsend too.

Ann has grown on me a lot after I realized a lot of her scenes are about her wanting to find worthwhile female role models in pop culture and being unable to. She's genuinely struggling to be a better person and I appreciate that. I also like that she calls out the male characters when they're being perverts. I don't so much like that the game likes to play up those scenes in the animated sequences though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Randallteal posted:

Oh come on, if any main character is gonna be racist its gonna be Morgana. Haru's character flaw is that she will constantly demand to speak to the manager.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The new girl is racist. Akechi is also probably racist

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Macaluso posted:

The new girl is racist. Akechi is also probably racist

And No-Good Tora. The S-Link ended right before he would've invited you on Japanese Infowars to talk about the REAL problems young people face.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ann believes in naturopathic solutions and spreads antivax memes on her instagram.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you think about it, the Phantom Thieves are kind of like if QAnon was real

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yusuke will slide into your DMs and send aggressively horny messages. If you respond that this is unwarranted, he will reply with "sorry I meant to send this to someone else!"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man that one trailer was all it took for everyone to lose all faith after so long of insisting that Things Would Be Different, huh

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Yusuke will slide into your DMs and send aggressively horny messages. If you respond that this is unwarranted, he will reply with "sorry I meant to send this to someone else!"

Artistically rendered watercolours of his junk

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man that one trailer was all it took for everyone to lose all faith after so long of insisting that Things Would Be Different, huh

not really, chicken little

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think anyone actually assumed a re-release of p5 would meaningfully address or fix any of the problems the game really had.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The problems the game really had are things like the dungeons all being awful so I don't think they would ever fix anything.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You're like that guy who tries to turn conversations into competitions just so he can win them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sometimes I think about fuuka and then the rest of my day is ruined

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Same, because nobody's better than Fuuka and the rest of the day is a let down.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Makoto watches Blue Bloods fansubs. Just loves 'em. Can't get enough.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Same, because nobody's better than Fuuka and the rest of the day is a let down.

FuuKaa... in the coffee

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Onomarchus posted:

Makoto watches Blue Bloods fansubs. Just loves 'em. Can't get enough.

Quick someone get started on the dev art mock of up Makoto cosplaying as Tom Selleck.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

I finished Palace 4 last night. The boss was much tougher than Palace 3. It didn't help that I had Ryuji at first and his weakness to wind meant the boss got plenty of one mores. Is there any way to rearrange the party turn order during combat? I got trapped into this cycle of trying to get Ryuji back up only for him to get knocked out again before Joker got a turn to switch him out.

I liked the puzzles in Palace 4 more than Palace 3. Those tile rearrangement puzzles were interesting--especially the one with diagonal slices that you had to rotate. What I didn't like about Palace 3 was a lack of enemy variety. It felt like there were maybe 5 enemies and none of them were particularly challenging. Even the sarcophagus mini-bosses gave me no issues.

I hit the 40 hour mark right as I finished Palace 4. Could someone tell me approximately how far in I am?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rosalind posted:

I hit the 40 hour mark right as I finished Palace 4. Could someone tell me approximately how far in I am?

Eight total dungeons, and the fifth and seventh are kinda long, so you'll end up at near the 80-hour mark most likely

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
There's about 8 dungeons in total, I think?

I think turn order can change if you let a character die and revive them, but otherwise it's totally static/consistent.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Rosalind posted:

I finished Palace 4 last night. The boss was much tougher than Palace 3. It didn't help that I had Ryuji at first and his weakness to wind meant the boss got plenty of one mores. Is there any way to rearrange the party turn order during combat? I got trapped into this cycle of trying to get Ryuji back up only for him to get knocked out again before Joker got a turn to switch him out.

I liked the puzzles in Palace 4 more than Palace 3. Those tile rearrangement puzzles were interesting--especially the one with diagonal slices that you had to rotate. What I didn't like about Palace 3 was a lack of enemy variety. It felt like there were maybe 5 enemies and none of them were particularly challenging. Even the sarcophagus mini-bosses gave me no issues.

You’re about at the halfway point.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rosalind posted:

I finished Palace 4 last night. The boss was much tougher than Palace 3. It didn't help that I had Ryuji at first and his weakness to wind meant the boss got plenty of one mores. Is there any way to rearrange the party turn order during combat?
I think that's based on agility, so you could put + items on the ones you want to go earlier but idk how effective it is.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/08/persona-5-royals-third-semester-will-be-unexpectedly-voluminous-adds-qol-improvements/

Interview posted:

While you won’t be able to use your Persona 5 save data for playing Persona 5 Royal, there will be some sort of bonus for having its save data

disappointing, but not entirely unexpected.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

maybe the bonus is compendium and social stat carry over which other than max confidant items carrying over is all I care about

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Geostomp posted:

You’re about at the halfway point.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Eight total dungeons, and the fifth and seventh are kinda long, so you'll end up at near the 80-hour mark most likely

Honestly gonna be super sad when I beat this game. It's so good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think that's based on agility, so you could put + items on the ones you want to go earlier but idk how effective it is.

For random encounters it's based on stats, but for boss battles, it's always a set turn order.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

maybe the bonus is compendium and social stat carry over which other than max confidant items carrying over is all I care about

I wish I could pick what comes over in a new game plus. Optimizing my schedule is a large part of what I find rewarding about the games. Beat Merciless of a new save but haven't gone back to fight the twins because starting a game with max social stats is so unappealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Rosalind posted:

Honestly gonna be super sad when I beat this game. It's so good.

Just be ready. The latter half of the game is where things get a lot more intense. It’s very common to add another fifty or sixty hours onto the game just from that point. Also, just one piece of advice if you want the full ending: when the time comes, don’t be a snitch.