Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
finally a prequel that tells the story of jesus's youth where he was the youngest ever first cohort centurion and slew over a thousand men

maybe a trip to rome where he suddenly saw the value of representative democracy and a strong executive. spends some time guarding an important money-changer reinterpreting his overturning of the tables in the temple to an issue with "how" instead of "why:" 'this isn't the most efficient method', he shouted, 'you'll anger the holy market!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
/\ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y

Robocop is still the best resurrection story.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We all knew Jesus was gonna die at the end, but this sequel series "Better Call SPaul" is actually good, you guys checked this out?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

JESUS: A Zac Snyder cinematic universe

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

JESUS: A Zac Snyder cinematic universe

It’s actually the judeo-christian cinematic universe or jccu

Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

It’s actually the judeo-christian cinematic universe or jccu

*Pilate, to Jesus:*

Do you bleed? You will.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
"What would Jesus do?!"
*music stops, close up shot of John the Baptist*
"... he'd get the job done."
*screen goes black, sound of shotgun racking, words appear on screen*
This summer... the other cheek... has been turned.

Resurrection
this film has not yet been rated

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
imo using a cgi meryl streep to play mary after she died filming the birth of christ was in poor taste and they should have had mary simply die in childbirth

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
and im sorry but it’s the three wise MEN, not the three wise women of color !!

Aug 3, 2014

Do you think Jesus ever said the N word

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

it's a distinct possibility since he probably spoke latin

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

he was black so it was ok

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

He says it like a million times in the Chinese dubbed version. He's constantly pointing at random things and saying it.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the original sin was actually adam saying the n-word, and that's why jesus had to die

so no i don't think he "said the n-word"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
anyhow back in those days the word you werent supposed to say was the j-word (jehovah)

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Nubian?

naem
May 29, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

finally a prequel that tells the story of jesus's youth where he was the youngest ever first cohort centurion and slew over a thousand men

maybe a trip to rome where he suddenly saw the value of representative democracy and a strong executive. spends some time guarding an important money-changer reinterpreting his overturning of the tables in the temple to an issue with "how" instead of "why:" 'this isn't the most efficient method', he shouted, 'you'll anger the holy market!'

https://i.imgur.com/vNhbTQO.gifv

:nws: for graphic jesus-ing

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

I have it on good authority (god) that in the beginning was the n word.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mooey Cow posted:

I have it on good authority (god) that in the beginning was the n word.

nothingness

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Star Wars: The Curse of Ham

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Holy poo poo!

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Vim Fuego posted:

Jesus Christ!

There, fixed that for you.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Star Wars: A Snoke Corpse Story

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
A friend needs to know if Snoke's hog was proportional to the rest of his body, and if it was also scarred and gnarled as well. Thanks!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

jimmyjams posted:

The Passion of the Christ Prequel Trilogy

not exactly

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/01/mel-gibson-passion-of-the-christ-sequel-jim-caviezel

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i always believed we would get potc5: beyond yhvh

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
they thought they killed him

*image of crucifixion*

but they were wrong

*boulder rolling away from cave entrence*

this summer...

*sound of pump action*

forget heaven on earth

*sound of door kicking open, group of roman nobles look up from table in horror*

this is gonna be hell

*black screen, gunshots*

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

as bad as the prequels were, at least they had some imagination. the non-lucas star wars movies are more competent as films but 100% focus grouped garbage otherwise.

lucas should have hidden a golden tickets to the star wars factory in toys and given control of the star wars franchise to the biggest star wars fan

"An alien who owns a 1950s diner?? I love these movies, they're so imaginative!!"

C3po and r2d2 are in these fuckin movies dude couldn't even imagine some new robots

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

"An alien who owns a 1950s diner?? I love these movies, they're so imaginative!!"

C3po and r2d2 are in these fuckin movies dude couldn't even imagine some new robots

I think they could have pulled off that diner scene if they'd put a little more thought and effort into building it up some.
Maybe make the owner be Jar Jar to tie him in more and give him and it more of a sense of emphasis in the universe (gotta get to know people to get those votes for being in the Senate later!)
Also the Diner could be called "Eetsa Greasa!" and have Jar Jar cakes as their special.
As established characters, to add weight, when Jar Jar isn't around, R2D2 and CP3O should be asking 'Where's Jar Jar"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

George Lucas made American Graffiti, and he will continue to make American Graffiti until he perfects its final form.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

I think they could have pulled off that diner scene if they'd put a little more thought and effort into building it up some.
Maybe make the owner be Jar Jar to tie him in more and give him and it more of a sense of emphasis in the universe (gotta get to know people to get those votes for being in the Senate later!)
Also the Diner could be called "Eetsa Greasa!" and have Jar Jar cakes as their special.
As established characters, to add weight, when Jar Jar isn't around, R2D2 and CP3O should be asking 'Where's Jar Jar"

Sadly, Jar Jar had to leave. His planet needed him.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Is the sequel trilogy about the story of islam?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bogus Adventure posted:

Sadly, Jar Jar had to leave. His planet needed him.

Update: Jar Jar died on the way to his planet.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

When are they gonna get to the Death Star?? *starts sobbing *

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart fart stinks

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Tythas posted:

Is the sequel trilogy about the story of islam?

i don't know, but i slam on the sequel trilogy something fierce

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I would have liked jar jar a lot more if he wore a jean jacket and shades and rode around on a skateboard while telling the jedi that they're squares

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

I would have liked jar jar a lot more if he wore a jean jacket and shades and rode around on a skateboard while telling the jedi that they're squares

“Always be recyclin! To the extremosta yeah!”

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

oh gently caress what if there was like a Jar Jar Ninja Turtles mashup? Qui-Gon can be Splinter, Queen Padme is April, a team of Jar Jar Binkses swimming through the sewers getting into hijinx and then the Emperor shows up in the technodrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
jar jar, but he smokes "space weed"