Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Heliogabalos posted:

you are profoundly naive if you do not understand the concept of white privilege, especially with regards to how police generally react to black folks not doing crimes to white people actually doing violent crime

watch the Sandra Bland arrest video and the police response to not using her signal light, and then compare that to the account of Dylan Roof getting treated to Burger King on his way to the cop shop after murdering a dozen black folks for starters. Watch the Stephon Clark bodycam footage, google black lives matter

jesus you're dumb

Since you apparently just read the first sentence allow me to restate the point.

Her boyfriend:
1) doesn't understand systemic racism
2) Is such a egotistical shithead he thinks vandalizing other people's property is ok solely on the grounds that he makes "art"

One of these is a much bigger problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Asmodai_00 posted:

what the gently caress these are terms i did not want to learn

Dont be so closeminded you age-ist prick

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I think that T thing is a kids brand or something

Torrid is like Hot Topic for plus-sizes ladies.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Willfrey posted:

Dont be so closeminded you age-ist prick

if it ever becomes illegal to make fun of people age-playing ill gladly be the first against the wall

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It sounds like the agreement was for overall good behavior, not "one incident and you lose"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She can just roleplay as a 15 year old that lives in Bangladesh and works in a sweatshop. Then when she has enough clothes she go back to roleplaying as an American teenager.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It sounds like the agreement was for overall good behavior, not "one incident and you lose"

You sure are disappointed about missing out on Disney aren't you?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

therobit posted:

You sure are disappointed about missing out on Disney aren't you?

Behind every Internet atheist lies a kid who didn't get that pony for Christmas.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well Jimmy, outside of gunning down that man in cold blood that one time you were well behaved. And you can't lose over just one thing. Let's go to Disney!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm gonna kinkshame anyone involved in age play. Guillotine these sickos.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

golden bells posted:

Sad baby man loses his mind with becoming an fb group admin:

My (23F) twin brother (23M) lives in an online fantasy world and it's affecting how he acts in real life.

The commenters were playing guessing games with who it exactly is.

The fact that the OP seems to be strategically vague in places like “liking a YouTuber” and used right wing media buzz words like “echo chamber,” I’m going to guess that OP and bro are two sides of the same very insufferable coin.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the OP said he follows several of these groups himself for bernie memes or whatever

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but in an academic sense, being involved in a huge cheating conspiracy is absolutely the kind of thing that can be "one incident and you lose" when you aren't in high school. And since it is an AP course, it is for college credit. In my admittedly poo poo opinion, she already got her reward by only getting a zero on the test

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I do not get leftbook. I consider myself a left wing guy but I dunno, my few times dipping my toes in some of those dumb meme stash groups I found people pretty insufferable.

Did you know you can deactivate your FB but leave messenger active? Knowing this got me to finally deactivate my account. I can still contact or be contacted by actual friends, but without "having a facebook" anymore. Just putting it out there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I mean facebooks at this point is basically moms and weirdos so it isn’t to shocking.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

FoolyCharged posted:

Since you apparently just read the first sentence allow me to restate the point.

Her boyfriend:
2) Is such a egotistical shithead he thinks vandalizing other people's property is ok solely on the grounds that he makes "art"

Yes, so we agree that being blithely ignorant of systemic racism is by far the greater problem then.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean facebooks at this point is basically moms and weirdos so it isn’t to shocking.

Is there a decent alternative out there other than these very something awful dot com forums?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is there a decent alternative out there other than these very something awful dot com forums?

Comedy answer: SASS and Skullmund.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a strong distinction between "Didn't do well on a test" and "Actively cheated and got caught."

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Kinkshaming is a hill I'm willing to die on. People out there gettin way too serious about dragon dildos and fuckin in Bucky Beaver costumes and poo poo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I do not get leftbook. I consider myself a left wing guy but I dunno, my few times dipping my toes in some of those dumb meme stash groups I found people pretty insufferable.

i feel like the formula for facebook political groups is
1) consider the SA subforum that you think is, or was in the past, a huge circlejerk politically
2) crank up the partisanship 100x
3) remove any traces of charm or originality

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People in this thread thinking it's bad for a parent to punish a kid for an extremely cut and dry mass cheating on a test are the same sort of people who raise horribly entitled kid who grow into horribly entitled adults who have never faced consequences for anything in their life and then go on to create horrible r/relationships posts. So, god bless you all.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
There is no twin.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL. Or we're still going to Disney... Springs. And I'm not buying you a drat thing in the shops either.
"We're going to Disney Wide World of Sports!"

"Yay!"

*there are no rides there, it's a sports complex with sports fields and tennis courts and the like*

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

Twitter is basically just SA where you're encouraged to edit for brevity, especially politics twitter which you may recognize from being embedded in about 90% of D&D and CSPAM posts

FoolyCharged posted:

Her boyfriend:

wow it's almost like these two things are connected in pretty obvious ways

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 8, 2019

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

FoolyCharged posted:

Her boyfriend:

That entirely depends on who you're talking about. 2 is the biggest problem for himself, 1 and 2 are tied for his girlfriend, 1 is the much bigger problem for society at large.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Nutella mama's boy admitted in his thread that he'd previously cheated on his girlfriend with the girl who sent him the text that set this whole thing off. He's still planning on going to her hometown though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HMS Beagle posted:

Nutella mama's boy admitted in his thread that he'd previously cheated on his girlfriend with the girl who sent him the text that set this whole thing off. He's still planning on going to her hometown though.

:yikes: That explains some of the initial reaction, yes

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Twitter is basically just SA where you're encouraged to edit for brevity, especially politics twitter which you may recognize from being embedded in about 90% of D&D and CSPAM posts

wow it's almost like these two things are connected in pretty obvious ways

I kind of hate political SA and political twitter. I mean an alternative for like, irl friend stuff not for politics.

I used to be way into politics but man these last few years beat it out of me. Not just the Trump stuff, although that too, but the constant hot take culture all around. I'm going to vote the farthest left democrat I can in the primary, and then whichever democrat wins the primary I'll vote for them in the general election. Same thing for any election up and down the line (from state house to president). Other than that, I'm completely checked out. I stopped going to D&D at all a few months ago and life is better for it.

Anyways, this isn't politics chat, but relationship shitposting. We were talking about fragility earlier, here's an example. No, it's not white fragility, but some lovely male fragility.

My boyfriend (30m) and I (25f) always play wrestled. He stopped enjoying it once I started being able to hold my own, and I feel weird about that.

quote:

My boyfriend and I would often joke around by play wrestling, from the start of our relationship, like if we were cuddling in bed and I wanted to get up earlier, he'd wrestle me back into bed. Or on the beach, he'd pick me up and carry me around and joke that he'd dunk me in the water. Stuff that we both found fun; I never felt like he was being too pushy or doing it when I seriously wasn't in the mood. We've been together for about 3 years and this has been our dynamic the whole time.

About 6 months ago, I started at a martial arts gym that has kick boxing, krav, and bjj, and I've been going to classes a lot. I try to go to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. I'm small but the instructions are good at teaching us to work with what we got, and I've gotten pretty good at throwing my whole weight behind what I do, and leveraging my body to put a lot of power behind anything. Plus just working with physics to make yourself as hard to push around as possible. Learning to take a hit without loosing my footing, to weasel my way out of holds. It's fun learning what does and doesn't work on someone way bigger.

Even though wasn't why I started at my gym, I started getting really good at holding my own when my boyfriend and I were play wrestling.

When he'd try to pin me in bed, I can usually get out pretty quick. I was still having fun with that, I felt proud of myself generally. For using the stuff I was leaning outside of the class and having it work. And my boyfriend would pout about me pushing my way out of bed or whatever but I always thought he meant that in a playful way. (Well, some of what I was learning, obviously I left out the punching and kicking haha)

Recently, my boyfriend and I went camping with a bunch of friends and we were all laying around on beach blankets around the fire and drinking. My boyfriend playfully grabbed me from behind when I was getting up to get beers, and I was able to shove him in the stomach with my elbow then grab his jaw and push upwards leaving him off balance (imagine a pez dispenser)

Our friends were laughing about it and calling me "street fighter" and stuff, and I played up the joke, doing a couple kicks at the air when I went to get drinks. I thought we were just playing, we'd play wrestled like that for basically our whole relationship. So I didn't really make the connection as to why my boyfriend seemed to be in a bad mood when I got back.

We kept drinking and later that night my boyfriend said that he didn't like how I took it "too seriously" when he was just playing around. And it was crappy of me to do stuff like stick my pointy elbows at him and such. And just generally use stuff I'd learned at the gym on him. He said it wasn't as fun or flirty as before I started at the gym.

I said that even back then, I'd tried to wrestle back, I just didn't know what I was doing so I'd mainly flail around and shove instead of anything that works. And yeah it turns out he misses when he could overpower me like that. I said that I wasn't about to fake it, and that if he wanted to he should join me at the gym sometime. And he wasn't a fan of that, he said it wasn't fun if we'd be taking it too seriously.

I said that I couldn't just fake not knowing how to push back, and if it wasn't fun anymore we didn't have to do it anymore.

And since then, our intimacy has suffered and I think that's why. I also feel a little weird that he only enjoyed it when he could push me around and then once we were on more equal footing (him being bigger and stronger but me having better technique) he no longer thought it was fun. I don't know if that should bother me as much as it does but it feels like he prefers me weak.

Can I have some advice on how to get our playfulness and intimacy back? And whether I should be feeling so weird about things...

tl;dr My boyfriend stopped enjoying play wrestling once I started being able to hold my own. Our intimacy and playfulness in our relationship is suffering and I also feel weird about the fact that he seemed to prefer me weak

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hellblazer187 posted:

My boyfriend (30m) and I (25f) always play wrestled. He stopped enjoying it once I started being able to hold my own, and I feel weird about that.

Fragile, sure, but if he tried to keep her in bed and she forces her way out in 3 seconds, obviously no intimacy is going to happen.

Maybe she should start trying to keep him in bed.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Heliogabalos posted:

so "not all white people", kind of like not all men?

White people, men or women, generally and broadly don't get it. They think they do though, that's what makes it even worse. That's why we call it systemic racism. Most white people are profoundly unaware of what privilege means, so they become indignant when that entitlement is called out, especially if they think they already get it. That's called "white fragility", there's tons of information on this cause and effect process which is very common. So if you call out someone's actions for being entitled or god forbid racist white people lose their loving poo poo.

We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to this issue. But I suspect it's because if you point it out in GBS you get poo poo on

imagine being so galaxy-brained you woke yourself into thinking "the different races don't understand each other" and "people of different races shouldn't date because they're too different" lmao

last i checked in the race space forum there was a 200 page thread arguing if jews were white or not, which is another normal conversation that never happens in white supremacist circles

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Business Gorillas posted:

imagine being so galaxy-brained you woke yourself into thinking "the different races don't understand each other" and "people of different races shouldn't date because they're too different" lmao

last i checked in the race space forum there was a 200 page thread arguing if jews were white or not, which is another normal conversation that never happens in white supremacist circles

I don’t understand how you got this from the quoted post?

Or are you using this post to pop off at someone else that called you cracker once

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t understand how you got this from the quoted post?

Or are you using this post to pop off at someone else that called you cracker once

i didn't, but telling someone to get educated in a subforum that started in part because PoC posters wouldn't stop paper bag testing each other to prove they could have opinions on race issues in D&D is a bad idea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this argument is so dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ah so it was just you axe grinding. That’s really dumb

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
this argument is as dumb as men

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is this woman actually this clueless, or is she just pretending to be so she can tell everyone about her totally sick fighting skillz?

"My boyfriend used to 'wrestle' me as a means of flirting. Now I'm taking martial arts and take it completely loving seriously every time he tries to horse around. He grabbed me from behind (playfully, admittedly), and I elbowed him in the stomach and then palm-struck his jaw to show off in front of friends. AITA?"

Yes, you're the rear end in a top hat. You're sucking all the fun out of something you used to both enjoy to prove some point nobody gives a poo poo about.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA - Mad at my wife for throwing away pendant from previous marriage

The wife in this is absolutely garbage. If you were angry the first time reading this then perhaps you'd be interested to know that the greenstone mentioned (Pounamu) is extremely significant in Māori culture.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, I dunno, but the wife apparently knew enough to dispose of the correct way (in a river), so there is a good chance that she knew in advance the significance of the jade and still choose to get rid of it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

M.C. McMic posted:

Is this woman actually this clueless, or is she just pretending to be so she can tell everyone about her totally sick fighting skillz?

"My boyfriend used to 'wrestle' me as a means of flirting. Now I'm taking martial arts and take it completely loving seriously every time he tries to horse around. He grabbed me from behind (playfully, admittedly), and I elbowed him in the stomach and then palm-struck his jaw to show off in front of friends. AITA?"

Yes, you're the rear end in a top hat. You're sucking all the fun out of something you used to both enjoy to prove some point nobody gives a poo poo about.

No she just needs a man who'll poke her kidney rather than sulk after getting palm struck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

M.C. McMic posted:

That seems to be the reddit consensus too, but I think the boyfriend is being a big dork because he's sulking about not overpowering his woman anymore.