Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

M.C. McMic posted:

Yes, you're the rear end in a top hat. You're sucking all the fun out of something you used to both enjoy to prove some point nobody gives a poo poo about.

If someone with no wrestling background tries to ‘wrestle’ with you, the feeling is a lot like roughhousing with a toddler, there’s no way she would find that fun or sexy or whatever. It’s all about the boyfriend, who should either stop picking playfights that will damage his fragile ego or start training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Waiting for the AITA in six months when they have both been training and one of them sends the other to hospital in a "play" fight.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Hellblazer187 posted:

That seems to be the reddit consensus too, but I think the boyfriend is being a big dork because he's sulking about not overpowering his woman anymore.

It could be either, honestly... or both, for that matter. Maybe she's taking it too far and then he's being a baby as well. Who knows?

Based on what's in her post, though, it sounds like this was flirting that they both enjoyed and now she just wants to show off whenever he engages her in something they've been doing for years.

I used to kinda play wrestle my friends in middle and high school. It would suck if one of them suddenly started choking me out and leg kicking me.

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

If someone with no wrestling background tries to ‘wrestle’ with you, the feeling is a lot like roughhousing with a toddler, there’s no way she would find that fun or sexy or whatever. It’s all about the boyfriend, who should either stop picking playfights that will damage his fragile ego or start training.

Bullshit. Read the post again. She admits it was both flirtatious and mutual. Maybe you wouldn't enjoy it, but she obviously did based on her own post.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

M.C. McMic posted:

Bullshit. Read the post again. She admits it was both flirtatious and mutual. Maybe you wouldn't enjoy it, but she obviously did based on her own post.
I said that even back then, I'd tried to wrestle back, I just didn't know what I was doing so I'd mainly flail around and shove instead of anything that works. And yeah it turns out he misses when he could overpower me like that. I said that I wasn't about to fake it, and that if he wanted to he should join me at the gym sometime. And he wasn't a fan of that, he said it wasn't fun if we'd be taking it too seriously.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'd personally love crouching tiger hidden penis play sessions but the bf definitely prefers some other movie I have not watched

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the wording of the wrestling post is way too ambiguous to start cutting apart the text and parsing minor bits of it, but do carry on pedantic goons

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well now that I know the geenstone is maori I have a theory as to why his family takes his soon to be ex-wifes side.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I said that even back then, I'd tried to wrestle back, I just didn't know what I was doing so I'd mainly flail around and shove instead of anything that works. And yeah it turns out he misses when he could overpower me like that. I said that I wasn't about to fake it, and that if he wanted to he should join me at the gym sometime. And he wasn't a fan of that, he said it wasn't fun if we'd be taking it too seriously.

yeah, and the post begins with this:

quote:

My boyfriend and I would often joke around by play wrestling, from the start of our relationship, like if we were cuddling in bed and I wanted to get up earlier, he'd wrestle me back into bed. Or on the beach, he'd pick me up and carry me around and joke that he'd dunk me in the water. Stuff that we both found fun; I never felt like he was being too pushy or doing it when I seriously wasn't in the mood. We've been together for about 3 years and this has been our dynamic the whole time.

So, what you posted sounds an awful lot like an excuse from someone who took things too far.

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 9, 2019

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the wording of the wrestling post is way too ambiguous to start cutting apart the text and parsing minor bits of it, but do carry on pedantic goons

that's fair but it's unambiguous that being dominated never did factor into her fun factor but sure as heck does for the bf

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Mad about wrasslin up in here

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

M.C. McMic posted:

I mean, it was fun for her when she was putting a low amount of effort into it but not completely turning off everything she had learned. It might not be fun for her if she had to play fight with him like you would a child and just let him win every time.

All of the examples of what he liked are "He could physically make me do things" which does have an uncomfortable subtext to it. He started pouting when she could win, and that's... off-putting. But the exact example of an elbow to the gut and a jaw shove is a BIT much.

Some guys really can't handle when women can beat them though, we've had posts just like that. Who knows if he's like that or not? But they should definitely just stop if it's going to not be fun for her or end in him pouting.

FAKE EDIT: Yikes, I went to the comments and:

quote:

I didn't really find it sexy to always be losing at first lol

She doesn't sound like she was as into it as the post made it sound. And she admits later that he puts his "full strength" into it when trying to subdue her and now he can't succeed.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder what made her interested in a martial art that trains people to evade and counter larger people trying to grab them - perhaps it was her way of getting a hold on how strong and healthy the relationship was!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I dont know why they aren't alternating doing Stone Cold Stunners and Diamond Cutters on each other before she does a Banzai drop onto his penis.

If Vince McMahon isnt sanctioning your intercourse are you even loving?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

CheesyDog posted:

I wonder what made her interested in a martial art that trains people to evade and counter larger people trying to grab them - perhaps it was her way of getting a hold on how strong and healthy the relationship was!

hahaha, they've been together for years & they hate each other, they don't even realize it. that owns

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Guys do that to show they could rape you if they really wanted to

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

She says in her comments she's not going very hard - half as hard as she goes against a female training partner in the gym. She confirmed that she's not hurting him. I read it as 100% male fragility, that he really liked having a partner he could hold down because

Pick posted:

Guys do that to show they could rape you if they really wanted to

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo. I seem to recall this being posted here, but I would never be able to find it. The update is new to me though, and it's a thing where I was curious about the result:

Neighbors child has disabilities and won't stop climbing the fence, entering my house and "freeing" my dogs

quote:

For the past 7 months after moving in to my new house with my daughter and dogs the neighbors child who's 15/16 and has pretty severe downs syndrome has increasingly been entering my property and home.

At first I just talked to the neighbors and they were at first really sorry and vowed to monitor her more while she's in their backyard. However after a few months they just genuinely do not care anymore and brush it off.

I've installed security cameras in the backyard and front yard purely for my own safety insurance wise because we do have a pool.

She will climb the fence into my yard (6' wooden privacy fence) with a ladder from their shed and let my dogs out. I've fixed her letting my dogs "free" as she says by using chains and padlocks on the two gates. Before this became a common occurrence she even would let the dogs out of the house and then "free" them.

Numerous times if my garage door is open she will leave their backyard and just walk into my house to free my dogs. I don't know what the purpose is other than it's something she just has to do for whatever reason.

When she climbs into the backyard (sometimes when I'm not even home) and she cannot get back out she begins screaming and crying and just shuts down. Before I started chaining and locking my gates because of her releasing my dogs her parents would just walk in and get her and leave. Now since I've chained it they start a huge fit about me having her locked in my backyard and they have to climb the fence, bring the ladder over and carry her back over. Somehow this is my fault.

Now I'm not really blaming her because she mentally doesn't know any better, she has some very severe issues and she's drat lucky my dogs are super nice (purebred German Shepard, an English bulldog and a mix Sheppard/bulldog).

I just honestly worry about her safety in the backyard, climbing fences and her seemingly not being watched as she needs to be. I have a pool and if she falls in when I'm not home she could very well drown. That's why I installed security cameras to cover my own rear end if that ever happens, I truly hope it never does but it seems her parents just put her in the backyard and that's it.

I've called the local child and family services office (CPS) several times in the past two months to report it because I feel she is at risk with her parents inattentiveness and their seemingly not caring attitude of her just going into people's yards, garages, houses etc. I have a full garage of power tools, table saws etc that I've now had to resort to flipping the breaker off when I open the doors out of fear she may severely injure herself.

I feel like I've done everything I can, talked to the parents numerous times, called child and family services, installed cameras, locked my gates further. I just have no idea what to do now? I've debated calling the police when she enters but I don't know how that will escalate.

(Update) Neighbors child has disabilities and won't stop climbing the fence, entering my house and "freeing" my dogs

quote:

I'm sad about this update for the kid, I took the majority of the given advice and called the police non-emergency number and asked for an officer to come out because I had questions about an issue I'm having and briefly explained it.

Officer shows up, I invite him in and explain the whole situation. He isn't really sure what to do about it right now so he asked for a supervisor come to his position. Supervisor shows up and I go over the whole thing again, we go upstairs to my computer where I have all the videos clipped and saved (9 times of her entering the backyard and 4 of her entering the house through the garage).

We watched each one and he gets on his cellphone and goes back to his car. A few minutes later he comes back with 3 flash drives and asks me to copy the videos over to the drive and had me fill out a piece of paper stating what I put on the drive and then signed it, I repeated it all 3 times.

About 45 minutes later after we have been talking and he's been on and off his cellphone the entire time, 2 CPS workers show up and review the videos again and take a complete statement from me going back to the first time it happened. This took about two hours because they wanted it to be precise and as accurate as I remember it and left out anything I wasn't 100% sure on.

The officers and CPS workers head next door to talk to the parents, parents apparently shut the door in their faces and said they didn't want to talk but because of my statement and the videos of her climbing over, getting stuck, having to be carried back over the times I'm at work or gone and just entering the house they had probable cause to enter the home anyways.

After they were inside their house for about 10-15 minutes another cop car shows up followed by another a few minutes later. I'm in my garage so I don't know exactly what happened inside but after more officers showed up the father was put in the back of a car and the daughter was put into the CPS workers van and they left. The father was driven away about 10 minutes after that, then about an hour later the mother is also put into the back of a car and they drive away.

I talked to the initial officer that showed up and asked for a supervisor and he tells me they found drugs (pills not in prescription bottles/not their prescriptions) and that the home was just not being taken care of inside and definitely not a safe environment for a child. Said they found drugs not secured and in areas the child had access to them.

I haven't seen them since the day after the post, I feel bad for the kid being in that situation and me being a neighbor not even knowing and my not wanting to call the cops (I didn't think it was anything like they found, I just figured it is really tough raising a kid and add on top of that severe mental disabilities and it's even tougher). I should have called them earlier once the CPS reports I was doing over the phone didn't ever do anything.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jesus that poor kid.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh poo poo. I seem to recall this being posted here, but I would never be able to find it. The update is new to me though, and it's a thing where I was curious about the result:

Neighbors child has disabilities and won't stop climbing the fence, entering my house and "freeing" my dogs

(Update) Neighbors child has disabilities and won't stop climbing the fence, entering my house and "freeing" my dogs

Jesus that sucks. What poo poo parents.

Her freeing the dogs was an allegory for her trying to free her self from the confines of her lovely house.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

yeah i came across it through the update but declined to post it because I felt like it would bum everyone out.

honestly probably the best outcome – the parents are seriously negligent – but CPS getting involved is always gonna be sad

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

yeah i came across it through the update but declined to post it because I felt like it would bum everyone out.

honestly probably the best outcome – the parents are seriously negligent – but CPS getting involved is always gonna be sad

Honestly this is the most poo poo part...

quote:

I've called the local child and family services office (CPS) several times in the past two months to report it because I feel she is at risk with her parents inattentiveness and their seemingly not caring attitude of her just going into people's yards, garages, houses etc. I have a full garage of power tools, table saws etc that I've now had to resort to flipping the breaker off when I open the doors out of fear she may severely injure herself.

The fact that she had to get the cops involved before CPS actually did its job is really loving sad and sadly the norm for most parts of this country.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

So I was on the couch chilling with my girlfriend last night and she was telling me about her night out with the girls. She was telling me she had a good time but that one of her friends started talking to some guy early in the night and exchanged phone numbers. He later texted her later that night where she was at, they met up again and 15 min later they were gone to his place.

GF: ''She's just been a real slut after that breakup''

Me: 'Well I think she's just enjoying herself, no need to call her slut.''

GF: ''Well they talked for a very short time and basically just had sex with a stranger, I think that's pretty slutty if you ask me.''

I was getting kind of annoyed by this because I'm a very 'just do whatever the gently caress you want as long as you don't hurt anyone'-kinda guy and it was especially annoying because she was kind of hypocritical.

Me: ''As if you never went home with someone after a night out, that's literally how we met''

GF: "Yeah but that's different, she's just so...easy I dunno how to explain but she is''

Me: "Well I don't think we talked for an hour that night, I bought you 2 drinks at the bar, afterward some McDonald's and you let me cum in your mouth, kind of hypocritical to go around and calling other people sluts".

Well, you can imagine how that went. She blew up on me and left. We've texted and called since but she's still pretty pissed.

Am I an rear end in a top hat for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling a restaurant manager behind my SIL’s back to charge my sister-in-law for food she refused to pay for after she ate 90% of it?

I posted this in legal advice - you’ll see why at the end. My mom said it was inappropriate to tell the manager to charge her daughter-in-law. My wife thinks I’m 100% in the right and my SIL is bonkers.

This happened over a month ago and I just received a call from her telling me I need to talk to her lawyer.

I hate eating with my brother’s family because my SIL complains about everything. She’s a terrible person. Anyway, we had to eat together as it was my nieces birthday. We went to Chili’s and she ate most of her food then asked for the waiter. He came by and she said she wasn’t going to pay for her food because she didn’t like it. He got the manager and the manager said she had to pay for it, especially because she ate probably 90% of it. I was EXTREMELY embarrassed and just wanted to leave. At the same time I wanted to see how it turned out. She threw a huge fit. The manager walked away to “see what he could do.” I went to the bathroom, but on the way stopped him and told him to charge her. She always does this and it’s so annoying. He said he wouldn’t let her get away with it. He went back and gave her the check. She refused and he called the police. It was great. She was so embarrassed. Everyone at the restaurant was staring at her. The cops told her to pay for the food she ate or they’d arrest her if she left without paying. She did. Now she called me wanting me to give a statement to her lawyer as she’s actually suing them for harassment and embarrassment or something along those lines. I told her no and she said I have to do it. I don’t want to give her lawyer a statement as she would no I told the manager she does this all the time. She also told me she’s suing because she got food poisoning. I know 100% that she didn’t. She’s just adding this in.

AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me: "Well I don't think we talked for an hour that night, I bought you 2 drinks at the bar, afterward some McDonald's and you let me cum in your mouth, kind of hypocritical to go around and calling other people sluts".

Am I an rear end in a top hat for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

Why no not at all! I can't imagine why she's mad at you. lamo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling a restaurant manager behind my SIL’s back to charge my sister-in-law for food she refused to pay for after she ate 90% of it?

Chili’s

AITA?

Imagine getting sued over a dinner at loving Chilis haha.

NTA and SIL needs to be fired in to the sun.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So I was on the couch chilling with my girlfriend last night and she was telling me about her night out with the girls. She was telling me she had a good time but that one of her friends started talking to some guy early in the night and exchanged phone numbers. He later texted her later that night where she was at, they met up again and 15 min later they were gone to his place.

GF: ''Well they talked for a very short time and basically just had sex with a stranger, I think that's pretty slutty if you ask me.''

I was getting kind of annoyed by this because I'm a very 'just do whatever the gently caress you want as long as you don't hurt anyone'-kinda guy and it was especially annoying because she was kind of hypocritical.

Me: ''As if you never went home with someone after a night out, that's literally how we met''

GF: "Yeah but that's different, she's just so...easy I dunno how to explain but she is''

Well, you can imagine how that went. She blew up on me and left. We've texted and called since but she's still pretty pissed.

You're not an rear end in a top hat but you are really, really dumb

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only way shell get food poisoning is if she eats her phony-baloney lawyer

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

honestly if you buy me a sausage biscuit and a hash brown you can come wherever

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for writing a letter to corporate and getting a Chipotle worker reprimanded?

I woke up a little early today and wanted to grab a chipotle burrito before I went to class. I arrived right as the store opened. I ordered the usual which includes guac. However, before the girl working the counter could scoop I noticed the guac was slightly brown and looked like it was probably from the night before.

When I asked if I could get fresh guac she responded by stirring the brown guac and almost scooping it right on my burrito. I told her no I don’t want the brown guac. For some reason this really irritated me and I couldn’t bring myself to ask when freshly made guac would be available.

I paid and ate my burrito in the store and typed an email to corporate right then and there. I said how slighted I felt by this girl who obviously didn’t care about her job at all and how she might as well have spat in my face, which I realize now was probably a little harsh.

I got an email back almost immediately with an apology saying the employee would be reprimanded.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The Something Awful Forums › Main › General Bullshit › /r/relationships: I bought you McDonalds and you let me cum in your mouth

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

(NV) Brother-in-law was attacked 2 nights ago, shot several times, exchanged gunfire with the attacker. Police took his wallet with $1,500 in it, and have made a suspicious call to hospital.

Short backstory, my brother-in-law was ambushed outside of his home after being dropped off be a female coworker. The initial story is that her ex-boyfriend had followed them home and attacked my BIL when he got out of the car. My BIL returned fire and hit him, and they're both in the hospital. There are a lot of stories flying around between everyone, it's not clear yet what the whole truth is. Aside from that, I have two more practical immediate concerns.

The call that the police made to the hospital was requesting his medical file number. The nurses didn't disclose any information to the officer that called because my BIL was admitted into the trauma ward without his name being registered. Following that, the officer then called my MIL for the number, and told her it was so that he could see what the blood tests said.

My wife told her mom to make sure it was all on the up and up before returning the call, and the nurses overheard and told my MIL to provide a recently assigned social workers number to the police, and tell them to handle whether or not the police have access to that information.

Sorry, I know that's long without a question, but I guess what I want to know is, is this actually a concerning event? Does this smell wrong? My brother in law doesn't have the best criminal history, but he's done a lot of work to expunge his records, and the gun he used to defend himself is legally his. The details are still pretty coming out, I understand why the police are investigating things, but there is a real concern that they are looking for something to besmirch his character. It feels like they want to find out if he had drugs in his system, and I just don't think that's appropriate for them to be looking at without a warrant.

Also what we can do to try to make sure he gets his money back? He had just cashed his paycheck and I've heard way too many stories about people losing their property to civil forfeiture.Can we demand some sort of itemization of things that they have seized from him as evidence? What can be done to ensure he gets his things back?

Edit: we are gonna meet a lawyer in a few hours for some advice and hopefully help. Thank you all for your comments and advice. I appreciate it greatly.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Spaced God posted:

The Something Awful Forums › Main › General Bullshit › /r/relationships: I bought you McDonalds and you let me cum in your mouth

Think of the story they’ll have if they ever have kids

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She wasn't bluffin' with her McMuffin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

People in this thread thinking it's bad for a parent to punish a kid for an extremely cut and dry mass cheating on a test are the same sort of people who raise horribly entitled kid who grow into horribly entitled adults who have never faced consequences for anything in their life and then go on to create horrible r/relationships posts. So, god bless you all.

Thankfully almost everyone in the thread posting about it recognizes that the parents didn't need to draw up a legal document specifying that cheating on a test is a no-no. It was just one weird poster insisting that the daughter should be able to rules lawyer her way into getting rewarded anyway, as though she was a robot who needed to be explicitly told that the deal also required upholding basic ethical rules.

*beep boop* but father, you didn't say that I couldn't hold the teacher's family at gunpoint

Hell she isn't even being punished by her parents, they're just not rewarding her poor behavior.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

(NV) Brother-in-law was attacked 2 nights ago, shot several times, exchanged gunfire with the attacker. Police took his wallet with $1,500 in it, and have made a suspicious call to hospital.

stories that could be set in either iraq or america.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Short backstory, my brother-in-law was ambushed outside of his home after being dropped off be a female coworker. The initial story is that her ex-boyfriend had followed them home and attacked my BIL when he got out of the car. My BIL returned fire and hit him, and they're both in the hospital. There are a lot of stories flying around between everyone, it's not clear yet what the whole truth is. Aside from that, I have two more practical immediate concerns.

The call that the police made to the hospital was requesting his medical file number. The nurses didn't disclose any information to the officer that called because my BIL was admitted into the trauma ward without his name being registered. Following that, the officer then called my MIL for the number, and told her it was so that he could see what the blood tests said.

My wife told her mom to make sure it was all on the up and up before returning the call, and the nurses overheard and told my MIL to provide a recently assigned social workers number to the police, and tell them to handle whether or not the police have access to that information.

Sorry, I know that's long without a question, but I guess what I want to know is, is this actually a concerning event? Does this smell wrong? My brother in law doesn't have the best criminal history, but he's done a lot of work to expunge his records, and the gun he used to defend himself is legally his. The details are still pretty coming out, I understand why the police are investigating things, but there is a real concern that they are looking for something to besmirch his character. It feels like they want to find out if he had drugs in his system, and I just don't think that's appropriate for them to be looking at without a warrant.

Also what we can do to try to make sure he gets his money back? He had just cashed his paycheck and I've heard way too many stories about people losing their property to civil forfeiture.Can we demand some sort of itemization of things that they have seized from him as evidence? What can be done to ensure he gets his things back?

Edit: we are gonna meet a lawyer in a few hours for some advice and hopefully help. Thank you all for your comments and advice. I appreciate it greatly.

welcome to america. if you're not killing cops they're killing you

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

QuarkJets posted:

Thankfully almost everyone in the thread posting about it recognizes that the parents didn't need to draw up a legal document specifying that cheating on a test is a no-no. It was just one weird poster insisting that the daughter should be able to rules lawyer her way into getting rewarded anyway, as though she was a robot who needed to be explicitly told that the deal also required upholding basic ethical rules.

*beep boop* but father, you didn't say that I couldn't hold the teacher's family at gunpoint

Hell she isn't even being punished by her parents, they're just not rewarding her poor behavior.
I mean she's grounded for a week but that's a p mild actual punishment for 'cheating on a test'. Maybe she can get a vacation trip next year.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i feel bad for that brother assuming the story is completely legit (who knows) but lol, he's not getting that money back even if the other dude turns out to be al-Baghdadi

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA because I told my girlfriend I don't want to watch or hear about depressing things she sees on Facebook?

My girlfriend uses Facebook a lot and occasionally comes across something extremely dark. Whenever this happens she gets upset and wants to show me right away. For instance, we were with a friend playing cards and she saw a video of a child getting hit by a car in his front yard that went into excruciating detail about his injuries (paraplegic, brain damage etc.). It was extremely depressing and kind of put a damper on the night. I told her that I was sorry but that I didn't want to see things like this anymore, because it effects my mood. I know I'm staying willfully ignorant to the harsh realities of the world, but I've accepted that I am not a saint.

It came up again last night when she saw a headline about young girl getting kidnapped in Mexico, that also went into detail. As soon as she read the headline I said no thanks and that I don't think she should read it either. She started reading out loud anyway and I said that I was really sorry but I didn't want to hear about it. She kept reading anyway and so I left the room. Argument ensued.

Keep in mind that anything she wants to talk about that actually happens in her life I do my best to be as supportive as possible and will talk about it for hours.

I really believe that we are what we consume, so I choose to eat grilled chicken salads and watch TV shows where the good guys win. AITA? (I don't think she is the rear end in a top hat at all to be clear)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How to properly prepare for addict BIL moving in?

We are in North Carolina. What protections should we be considering?

My [24F] brother-in-law [22] is currently in rehab in another state for opiate addiction. My husband [25] wants to offer him the option of living with us. Getting BIL out of his home environment is a last ditch effort to help him, however, I don't want our goodwill gesture to bite us in the rear end. We own our home, no kids, husband is active duty military, and I am a full time commuter student. We plan to lock up our medicine cabinet, guns, credit cards, and take inventory of pawnable devices. We have a rough draft roommate.renter agreement but what else should we seriously consider? Thank you for your insights.