Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i like when homer's building the big tent out of mashed potatoes and marge says "I think I'll have some wine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
You people have held me back for too long, I'm going to clown college!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I don't think any of us expected him to say that!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Clown College? You can't eat that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Doh hahahaha

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hey guys, hey guys check it out

Don't have a cow man hahahaha

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Annoyed grunt

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Annoyed grunt

whoa deep cut

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

i like when homer's building the big tent out of mashed potatoes and marge says "I think I'll have some wine"

this is one of my fave low key jokes out of the entire series too

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

the episode where i decided there was nothing left in the show for me was the one with that annoying little sideshow bob screaming "vendetta!" over and over again, so i missed this one, but wow. WOW. that was completely awful :smith:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

:eyepop: holy mackerel. I should have kept reading the simpsons memes are funny thread because apparently many of my favorite scenes are also other people's favorite scenes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

the episode where i decided there was nothing left in the show for me was the one with that annoying little sideshow bob screaming "vendetta!" over and over again, so i missed this one, but wow. WOW. that was completely awful :smith:

The biggest bummer of the slow slide into terribleness was that for a long time, Sideshow Bob and Treehouse of Horror were still good.

And then at some point, those became garbage too :(

Frog Act posted:

:eyepop: holy mackerel. I should have kept reading the simpsons memes are funny thread because apparently many of my favorite scenes are also other people's favorite scenes

There's so many more of those. That Juice One guy was obsessed for awhile.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The treehouse episodes are still somehow some of their strongest episodes for their respective seasons, funnily enough

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

The treehouse episodes are still somehow some of their strongest episodes for their respective seasons, funnily enough

Eh, they're mostly lazy parody these days.

Can't wait for their "Us" parody in 5 years.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PostNouveau posted:

The biggest bummer of the slow slide into terribleness was that for a long time, Sideshow Bob and Treehouse of Horror were still good.

And then at some point, those became garbage too :(

yeah, sideshow bob and treehouse of horror were the last to go. i don't think sideshow bob would have stayed funny for as long as he did without kelsey grammer's fantastic voice-acting.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Missionary Positron posted:

The best one though is when Homer crashes his clown car into a tree and flies out of the car after a slight pause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGFhNWNJio&t=86s

The timing is just :discourse: , it's like the entire concept of humor distilled into a few perfect seconds.

Yeah that's one of my favourite moments in the Simpsons as well. It makes absolutely no sense and always makes me laugh so hard.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Annoyed grunt

Calaveron posted:

Doh hahahaha

Calaveron posted:

Woozle wuzzle?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DizzyBum posted:

Woozle wuzzle?

Calaveron posted:

Annoyed grunt

Calaveron posted:

Doh hahahaha

Calaveron posted:

*funzo voice* Alrighty!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I don't think this is such a good idea.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb7peg0gq-o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome-Old_and_Juli-Eh

The box fort is the B-plot from a season eighteen episode. It's embarrassingly far into Bad Simpsons, but I remember this was the episode where I finally decided there was nothing left in the show for me

ha ha my son is also named box fort lol

anyway, this is loving terrible

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I've been watching every episode in order, and I think the first appearance of Jerk Homer is in Lisa on Ice.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

emgeejay posted:

ha ha my son is also named box fort lol

anyway, this is loving terrible

I'm the wiseguy's completely listless delivery.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This is one of many jokes from the classic era that I randomly think about from time to time and STILL laugh at:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I still, even as recently as today, use the moment from when Homer looks at the first billboard to when Homer storms out to go to clown college in my classes to discuss the power or advertising.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Missionary Positron posted:

The best one though is when Homer crashes his clown car into a tree and flies out of the car after a slight pause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGFhNWNJio&t=86s

The timing is just :discourse: , it's like the entire concept of humor distilled into a few perfect seconds.

Agreed that is a great segment. Just noticed that if the tree weren’t in front of Milhouse’s house, Homer would have crashed into the crowd

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Also love Homer's world weary attempt at Krustys laugh

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

First of May posted:

I've been watching every episode in order, and I think the first appearance of Jerk Homer is in Lisa on Ice.

Homer is a super jerk in that episode but also somehow incredibly funny because of it.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

Homer is a super jerk in that episode but also somehow incredibly funny because of it.

I think it works because the episode is from the perspective of the kids and is just a few jokes that both add to their rivalry and just highlights that he's also just dumb, not really malicious.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Always loved the ending bit of the Krusty clown college of Krusty being cornered to pay what he owes. The mafia guy ominously stating Krusty owes $48. Then Krusty just pops out a $50 bill nonchalantly, and then the mafia don cheerfully takes it and gives him his change.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I literally watched Homie the Clown just now because of this thread and yes it's absolutely hilarious from start to finish. What a difference passionate voice acting makes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
you have brought great joy to this old italian stereotype

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I honestly think Elementary School Musical, S22, might be the lowest point ever, even compared to the garbage from the past nine years. it's got inexplicable guest stars, literally toneless singing, a baffling and almost aggressively bad narrative, and horrible jokes. but the worst part are the songs, which feel like an assault on every sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NXRS6bXfM

"artists are amazing, let me talk to this cow that is grazing"
then stephen hawking appears dressed as a rapper and telling them to "break it down". it's almost anti-humor, and then Lisa's stilted talk-singing just really cinches it up as almost impossibly bad

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

During Krusty’a stint hosting SNL, he says “When Lorne asked me to host this show I said, "Lorne, why me?"

Dumb kid me didn’t know anything about SNL and thought he was saying “Lord,” and claiming God asks him personally to host shows.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Frog Act posted:

I honestly think Elementary School Musical, S22, might be the lowest point ever, even compared to the garbage from the past nine years. it's got inexplicable guest stars, literally toneless singing, a baffling and almost aggressively bad narrative, and horrible jokes. but the worst part are the songs, which feel like an assault on every sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NXRS6bXfM

"artists are amazing, let me talk to this cow that is grazing"
then stephen hawking appears dressed as a rapper and telling them to "break it down". it's almost anti-humor, and then Lisa's stilted talk-singing just really cinches it up as almost impossibly bad

Pretty daring of the Simpsons writers to advocate murdering all artists. That's some powerful reverse psychology.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the episode where bart is wracked with guilt because santa's little helper kills a bird, so he gives him away to an ostrich farm and in the process is attacked by ostriches forcing santa's little helper to contradict his newly-internalized anti-bird killing impulses to protect bart is a runner up to that one. it's just complete nonsense.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Frog Act posted:

the episode where bart is wracked with guilt because santa's little helper kills a bird, so he gives him away to an ostrich farm and in the process is attacked by ostriches forcing santa's little helper to contradict his newly-internalized anti-bird killing impulses to protect bart is a runner up to that one. it's just complete nonsense.

Yup, good enough for a B- from AV Club. They need to be handing out Ds and Fs to late season Simpsons, but they’d probably lose access to Disney premieres

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

In its current incarnation the AV club probably hires the type of person who genuinely enjoys modern simpsons

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
didn't avclub used to be Onion staff writers being just serious enough to not be talking complete nonsense?

I swear they used to have articles where they would make fun of dvd commentary tracks that went horribly off the rails and poo poo like that

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Cubone posted:

didn't avclub used to be Onion staff writers being just serious enough to not be talking complete nonsense?

I swear they used to have articles where they would make fun of dvd commentary tracks that went horribly off the rails and poo poo like that

Yeah, Onion and AV Club lost their spark more than a decade ago. They used to be must read, now we get “As stated an official Univision press release on the topic, "Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) […] today announced that the Company has initiated a formal process to explore the sale of the assets comprising the Gizmodo Media Group (GMG) and The Onion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Cubone posted:

Yeah, the avclub was originally part of the onion