Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't want cash to ever go away though. For financially irresponsible idiots like me it's a lot easier to control my spending when i'm reminded of how much money I have left every time I open my wallet. Also splitting checks at a restaurant is annoying, especially if shared appetizers are involved. It's not difficult, it just bothers me because if you get stuck with the appetizer fully on y our card and the guy promises to pay you back when he gets cash, you end up getting screwed because most people are smug anti-cash zealots now and he'll never get it, and both of us will probably forget about it if we do a "you can get the next one" deal.

Or everyone just pulls out their phones and instantly transfers their share of the cost to the person who's paying. It's actually easier than cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

Or everyone just pulls out their phones and instantly transfers their share of the cost to the person who's paying. It's actually easier than cash.

Yeah, instantly...once everyone gets their bank information typed in right, or once everyone downloads the same app. So much easier than just putting a 20 on the table.

if you're going to ask what about if you need change, just make sure you order appropriately so you can just round up to the nearest ~5 or 0 and tip reasonably.

also it encourages "that guy" to bicker about how he really only had 28% of the appetizer not a third, you had the extra half of a cheesestick so i don't think we should pay equally etc.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 00:39 on May 9, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Even if it was easier there is something satisfying about just putting down some paper. Cyberpunk authors predicted that cash will become obsolete, but they also predicted that a black marked printed currency would be created that the government can't track. I guess that's bitcoin? Someone figure out how to print bitcoins.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Yeah, instantly...once everyone gets their bank information typed in right, or once everyone downloads the same app. So much easier than just putting a 20 on the table.

if you're going to ask what about if you need change, just make sure you order appropriately so you can just round up to the nearest ~5 or 0 and tip reasonably.

also it encourages "that guy" to bicker about how he really only had 28% of the appetizer not a third, you had the extra half of a cheesestick so i don't think we should pay equally etc.

In Tiggum’s favour, the civilised world has actual direct transfer that you can just easily do in a mobile browser

In your favour, I’d still much rather just slap down some bills and coins than gently caress round on my phone.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yeah I mean, digital currency has somewhat of a convenience edge overall, but like...if I had a lot of money and had to buy something in cash, it is just so much cooler to show up with a dufflebag or briefcase full of it instead of just like...a reloadable credit stick that might have 10 cents or 10 million dollars on it. How are you supposed to make sure people can tell you are rich if you're not always carrying around a wad of 100s at least.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah I mean, digital currency has somewhat of a convenience edge overall, but like...if I had a lot of money and had to buy something in cash, it is just so much cooler to show up with a dufflebag or briefcase full of it instead of just like...a reloadable credit stick that might have 10 cents or 10 million dollars on it. How are you supposed to make sure people can tell you are rich if you're not always carrying around a wad of 100s at least.

Expensive watch and a friend that looks a little too concentrated to just be hanging out.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Expensive watch and a friend that looks a little too concentrated to just be hanging out.

nowadays you can't even wear any kind of watch without someone being like "why wear a watch don't you have a phone lol". unless it's a smart watch, then they act smug if yours isn't the current year's version.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
MVMT Watch podcast ads tell me that I need a watch to look like an adult, but also it shouldn’t break the bank to get my man watch for manly male adults who transact business at the factory, so I should buy their cheap but expensive-looking watches.

In high school people made fun of my cheap lovely watch.

I am done with watches.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

A watch is jewelry these days, even a smart watch. You can strap 10k+ on to your wrist and it will still tell time and look shiny.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like giving cash tips because the server can avoid paying tax on those.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

With a high end watch though there are so many fakes that only other watch likers will recognize it for what it is. Everyone else will assume your rolex is fake.

That reminds me of an unpopular opinion: stores shouldn't have overly watchful attendants, it makes it weird. When I lived in zurich I almost walked in to a patek phillipe store just to look at watches i'd never be able to afford, but when me and a friend were peering in the window some dude in a suit opened the door and asked if he could help us, so we didn't go in because he made it weird. Let me gawk in your window in peace, i'm not going to steal it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

With a high end watch though there are so many fakes that only other watch likers will recognize it for what it is. Everyone else will assume your rolex is fake.

I guess. What's the crowd you're trying to sell on your watch anyway? When hanging out with fellow richies the control is they would never get into the room you are in. When stepping outside to mingle with the peasants, a shiny watch will look cool.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The film version of Faramir is better than the book version.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

In the book, Faramir is a wizard's pupil. He's the man Boromir should've been. He embodies all the virtues of Numenor, while his father Denethor has been consumed by its vices, because he listened to the wrong angel.

That makes his character a little less "nuanced" I guess.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Jesus had some good points.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Spraying cum on a woman's face or body is a weird desire to have. I don't see the point of it and have never had any impulse to do it, but every other man seems to love that crap.

The best part of heterosexual sex is clearly the woman's orgasm.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

Spraying cum on a woman's face or body is a weird desire to have. I don't see the point of it and have never had any impulse to do it, but every other man seems to love that crap.

The best part of heterosexual sex is clearly the woman's orgasm.

It’s a power thing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sometimes you have to jizz on someones stomach to avoid both of you sleeping in cum sheets. Be nice and wipe it up asap though

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I also never understood the concept of a guy who cums after just barely putting his penis in, but that also seems pretty common from what my wife has told me. Like, guys who just pump twice and can't help but cum almost immediately, like in American Pie or something. How does that even happen.

Shibawanko has a new favorite as of 06:48 on May 9, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

I also never understood the concept of a guy who cums after just barely putting his penis in, but that also seems pretty common from what my wife has told me. Like, guys who just pump twice and can't help but cum almost immediately, like in American Pie or something. How does that even happen.

Biology? Our bodies fail us in a number of ways all the time, some more humiliating than others.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I have to really work at being able to cum, or even stay hard if the mood is not right. I'm ~sensitive~ , thankfully I got a tongue and fingers that don't not suffer from the same problems.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I cum first so I win

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I tasted cum and it's foul.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The taste is inconsequential, you are swallowing the life force.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Capitalism rewards the efficient

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Biology? Our bodies fail us in a number of ways all the time, some more humiliating than others.

I guess I'm more wondering if that's something physical or psychological, is it that their penis is super sensitive or do they just get all worked up about sex that they just blast cum as soon as it's even mentioned

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mu Zeta posted:

I like giving cash tips because the server can avoid paying tax on those.

Same. This is why I always carry a small amount of cash, for tips mostly.

And screw that "splitting the bill" crap. Either I'm picking up the check, or it's separate checks.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I have a 90's construction worker phone and no desire for a smartphone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shibawanko posted:

I guess I'm more wondering if that's something physical or psychological, is it that their penis is super sensitive or do they just get all worked up about sex that they just blast cum as soon as it's even mentioned

Either or both. Dicks can be weird.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: Women are great and many of my best friends are women, but I don’t see the appeal of vaginas when there are all these dicks all around me.

Also, one of the benefits of being gay as all hell is just having to deal with the same kind of junk as your own to be good at sex.

Pittsburgh is a nicer PA city than Philadelphia.

Also, I forgot to say, I have not been to Pittsburgh but I agree with you having been to Philadelphia.

PHUO again: central and western PA are beautiful, they look like something from a greeting card. (Too bad about the inhabitants.)

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 13:53 on May 9, 2019

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Edgar Allen Ho" posted:

I don't see the appeal of vaginas when there are all these dicks all around me.

quote:

being gay as all hell

:thunk:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Guys can be hot but only if they're really effeminate, or pretty, even. Or like, Hafþór, there's really no room for average guys in the doverhog lane.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ive just realised i only know 3 gay people and they all came out after years long heterosexual relationships.

It must be a real low blow to be on the other end of that decision

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Danny Devito is the pinnacle of masculinity and in Twins the sister that picked him is smarter than the one who banged Arnold. He completely destroys the myth that women can't find short men attractive. The guy crawled out of a couch sweaty and naked and was a penguin and he still managed to arouse the nation.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ive just realised i only know 3 gay people and they all came out after years long heterosexual relationships.

Maybe they were bi? Personally I think everyone is at least a little bi but that's a PHUO in it self.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

John Boyega should stop doing Star Wars movies and start doing Attack the Block sequels.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Guys can be hot but only if they're really effeminate, or pretty, even. Or like, Hafþór, there's really no room for average guys in the doverhog lane.

Hafþór isn’t hot, he looks like a really buff chubby tween. Look at his silly face.

Also he does not at all pass for being Rory McCann’s older brother.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Not his face or him specifically, just an example of someone who's far enough on the other side of the scale to enter back into contention.

Another example would be Thanos.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Maybe they were bi? Personally I think everyone is at least a little bi but that's a PHUO in it self.

I guess it depends on how you define "bi". I am capable of finding other men attractive, but every sexual aspect of being with another man repulses me, particularly eating rear end. I guess what I just described is "having good looking male (100% platonic) friends", but there's probably a tumblr term for it to make it seem exotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I guess it depends on how you define "bi". I am capable of finding other men attractive, but every sexual aspect of being with another man repulses me, particularly eating rear end. I guess what I just described is "having good looking male (100% platonic) friends", but there's probably a tumblr term for it to make it seem exotic.

I’m gay and I am also repulsed by rear end! Butts are for poop not sex.