Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If it's the Minfilia one no it doesn't :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Wacky Delly posted:

That top doesn't dye does it?

Kwyndig posted:

If it's the Minfilia one no it doesn't :(

Nope. Which suits me fine for what I wanted it for, but is a bit of a bummer for mogstation prices.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Y'know, here I thought Kugane Tower was annoying, but the ARR sightseeing logs past 20 said "hold my ale" and sprinkled mini jumping puzzles on top of precise weathers and times, both of which are not only random, but ask you go to and complete it in about 11 minutes, but it's usually close to 3 minutes by the time you find them.

Aaaaaaagh

Yoship why

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

BrightWing posted:

If it was on a Bene length cooldown or longer even, it might be alright. Would probably make SCH pratically required for everything going forward though.

I don't think they'd need to make it longer than 60 seconds, actually. They would have to adjust the cooldown on deployment tactics, though. A critlo once a minute on the tank is real good, but the broken part comes out if deployment tactics is on too short of a cooldown.

And giving AST a stronger shield would even it out, if they felt they had to.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think they just need a stronger sense of the role they want healing to have in the game and how each healer should approach it.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

All you people that love glamours should be begging them to steal WoW's system. gently caress screwing around with inventory space.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Zokari posted:

All you people that love glamours should be begging them to steal WoW's system. gently caress screwing around with inventory space.

Pretty sure that was the first reaction to the glamour dresser. Would love an unlock system rather than an inventory management one, but I'm happy with twice the capacity (especially since it took me a while to fill 200 spots).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm assuming at this point that there's something technical behind the scenes for why they can't make a more open glamour system. Having what amounts to a database that points to items that you've stored the appearance of should, in theory, be pretty trivial otherwise.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think they just need a stronger sense of the role they want healing to have in the game and how each healer should approach it.

My bet is that they're eventually going to approach it like how they're approaching tanks, where there's main healers with high throughput but low utility and off-healers with low throughput but high utility (which will probably include shields). Guess we'll see what direction they're moving in when the live letter arrives.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 9, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Vermain posted:

I'm assuming at this point that there's something technical behind the scenes for why they can't make a more open glamour system. Having what amounts to a database that points to items that you've stored the appearance of should, in theory, be pretty trivial otherwise.

I recall Yoshi-p commenting on a grander scale WoW-style system once, and saying something like the game needs to load all the gear assets into your character data every time you enter a zone and the server load being immense. Which is why the glamour dressers are restricted to inn rooms, and plates are restricted in number and can only be applied in city-states so the server doesn't explode from every player calling the game's entire gear database on every load screen.

I know next to nothing about programming that type of thing, but the issue sounds insane and I assume it's something that should be easy to implement without server load if they weren't dealing with some kind of nonsense legacy code that's too deeply embedded to change easily.

e: Actually my wild guess would be that it's related to how the loading/unloading of data and objects is built around the zones having load lines at all instead of a more beefy and dynamic system.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 9, 2019

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zokari posted:

Give it the WoW unlock system but keep the glamour plates that let you change on the fly imo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gruckles posted:

e: Actually my wild guess would be that it's related to how the loading/unloading of data and objects is built around the zones having load lines at all instead of a more beefy and dynamic system.

That's been my guess, too. My bet is that the system batch loads in models that it expects to have to quickly access (like gear sets, glamor plates, etc.), and then loads/unloads on an as-needed basis for non-grouped equipment. Probably a necessary concession back in the PS3 days, but it's hard to completely uproot something as fundamental as how your game handles memory.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The way Yoship's explained it before is its all leftover 1.0 garbage. That everything pertinent to your character is stored in one big block of data that gets passed around as you move between servers, and the instance servers don't really have the capability to go do database lookups beyond that. And also they save character data to disk absurdly often, like I think he said they do saves 10x as often as WoW does it. So there are network and disk throughput limitations on how big characters can be.

With stuff like the glamour toilet and chocobo saddlebags, they have to go find other places to store them that aren't subject to those limitations, specifically in those two cases iirc its housing and companion data.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
I don't care if it's with 15% echo, finally did it!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i have a hotbar with some really niche applications on it

is there a way to set up a button so i press it and the hotbar disappears, then i press the button again and it reappears? i'd just like to be able to put it away if i don't need it and bring it back without any hassle when i do

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

i have a hotbar with some really niche applications on it

is there a way to set up a button so i press it and the hotbar disappears, then i press the button again and it reappears? i'd just like to be able to put it away if i don't need it and bring it back without any hassle when i do

/hotbar display #

Replace # with the number of the hotbar and put it in a macro. If you put on/off after that line, it will specifically set it on/off; if you don't, it will toggle it on/off instead.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

homeless snail posted:

The way Yoship's explained it before is its all leftover 1.0 garbage. That everything pertinent to your character is stored in one big block of data that gets passed around as you move between servers, and the instance servers don't really have the capability to go do database lookups beyond that. And also they save character data to disk absurdly often, like I think he said they do saves 10x as often as WoW does it. So there are network and disk throughput limitations on how big characters can be.

With stuff like the glamour toilet and chocobo saddlebags, they have to go find other places to store them that aren't subject to those limitations, specifically in those two cases iirc its housing and companion data.

It's kinda neat to see how they work around these limitations. They stripped all the elemental resistances in order to store all the Eureka data there, when working on your relics the light data is stored as the items spirit bond percentage, etc.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Shirogane 5th Ward, Plot 22. Stop by and visit!

And in other breaking news, my hair is pink now.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

/hotbar display #

Replace # with the number of the hotbar and put it in a macro. If you put on/off after that line, it will specifically set it on/off; if you don't, it will toggle it on/off instead.

sick ty

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im baffled at people who don't use the max amount of hotbars, max amount of buttons, visible at all times like i, a video game genius, do

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

homeless snail posted:

No, you can queue for it at level 1 after it's unlocked. Don't solo, do matched parties, full clear up to floor 50 if you haven't already and then farm 51-60. ARR FATEs are rear end, and hunting log exp is good but takes more time than potd

I didn't know potd doesn't have the duty finder level req, hence the confusion.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I pulled off my first perfect Wildfire combo last night.. It made me realize that my UI setup is garbage to play a MCH properly because I can't focus my eyes on 30 different things happening at the same time while trying to do mechanics.

Felt good tho.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
I might pick this up again, which server would you guys recommend if I'm usually playing between 10am and 4pm GMT?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The EU Crew is on Omega and I'd go for that one personally. Most people talk on Discord these days and also trying to play on the US servers from anywhere near the EU is painful. A lot of classes that rely on tight rotations get immensely more difficult.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Pierson posted:

The EU Crew is on Omega and I'd go for that one personally. Most people talk on Discord these days and also trying to play on the US servers from anywhere near the EU is painful. A lot of classes that rely on tight rotations get immensely more difficult.

Thanks!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yoshi p let me use your mobile app to listen to my orchestrion rolls you coward

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Kaubocks posted:

yoshi p let me use your mobile app to listen to my orchestrion rolls you coward

I got all of the OST and loaded them into google play :negative:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
This game has some good imagery.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm also trying to get back in and finally experience up to date content once the expansion is out.

Anyone wanna share their HUD/UI layouts? I'm very unhappy with the default but I have no idea what I actually want to change.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Groggy nard posted:

To be honest, stuff like that is one of the appeals of making an alt to me in any game. Seeing the cinematics and big moments with a very different PC who's still distinctly mine.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Groggy nard posted:

That entire scene with the WoL slowly walking up to the eye after Nidhogg fucks Hraesvelgr up while the music starts playing remains one of my favourite in the entire game.

Nobody messes with my friends. :black101:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Boogalo posted:

I got all of the OST and loaded them into google play :negative:

i have an iphone :(

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Google Play is on the app store, at least it was when I had an iPhone.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Veotax posted:

Google Play is on the app store, at least it was when I had an iPhone.

oh poo poo i am either a dumbass or bad at google because i never thought to look before and all searching i'd done up to now suggested it was an android only thing

i'll have to look into this

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cythereal posted:

To be honest, stuff like that is one of the appeals of making an alt to me in any game. Seeing the cinematics and big moments with a very different PC who's still distinctly mine.

It was a big relief when I lucked out with my second appearance (after using one of the fantasias you get) and created a character that I consider basically perfect. I occasionally change her hair, but everything else is good enough I have no desire to mess with it. It's too easy to make a character that seems good in the character creator, but ends up having something weird with the shape of their face that is only noticeable with different angles/lighting while playing.

I'm currently playing Monster Hunter World and I'm getting closer and close to using the DLC item that lets you remake your character, because something about her appearance is just "off." I tried to make her look like my FF14 character, but it didn't work out so well (it seems like the biggest issue is with the eyes, though at least MHW also gives the option of freckles). Since you can only get the "character redesign" item free once I'll have to be extra careful.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I've played the same bald highlander dude from the start and never use glamour.

E: Well that's not true actually, if something looks really bad then I'll glamour it to look like whatever the previous item I was wearing.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 9, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm currently playing Monster Hunter World and I'm getting closer and close to using the DLC item that lets you remake your character, because something about her appearance is just "off." I tried to make her look like my FF14 character, but it didn't work out so well (it seems like the biggest issue is with the eyes, though at least MHW also gives the option of freckles). Since you can only get the "character redesign" item free once I'll have to be extra careful.

Are you on PC? I'm pretty sure there's a mod to just change appearance whenever.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Zack Ater posted:

Are you on PC? I'm pretty sure there's a mod to just change appearance whenever.

it's no fun when you're the only one who can see the improvements

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kanfy posted:

I've played the same bald highlander dude from the start and never use glamour.

E: Well that's not true actually, if something looks really bad then I'll glamour it to look like whatever the previous item I was wearing.

My glamour spirit animal

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Edmond Dantes posted:

That entire scene with the WoL slowly walking up to the eye after Nidhogg fucks Hraesvelgr up while the music starts playing remains one of my favourite in the entire game.

Nobody messes with my friends. :black101:

I like it so much, I recorded it and uploaded it to Youtube so that I can watch it when I'm not at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

the panacea posted:

I'm also trying to get back in and finally experience up to date content once the expansion is out.

Anyone wanna share their HUD/UI layouts? I'm very unhappy with the default but I have no idea what I actually want to change.

I can share mine tonight once I get home if no one else has