Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Let's get back on track by reading about the worst day in a paramedics career

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Christ.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

:qq:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
A while ago I learned about menstrual extraction. I think it might be time for everybody to start stocking up on these things.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

They are 100% coming after birth control next lol. I'm laughing because white women in the deep south looooooove the GOP.

https://www.statenews.org/post/ohio-legislature-considering-abortion-bill-more-restrictive-heartbeat-bill posted:

Ohio Legislature Considering An Abortion Bill That Is More Restrictive Than The "Heartbeat Bill"

A new bill would ban most private insurance coverage for abortions. But opponents say it would also ban effective methods of birth control.

One fifth of the representatives in the House have signed on to a bill sponsored by Republican John Becker that would prohibit most insurance companies from offering coverage for abortion services.

“The intent is to save lives and reduce the cost of employers and employees health care insurance," Becker says.

The bill would ban nontherapeutic abortions that include "drugs or devices used to prevent the implantation of a fertilized ovum.”

And Becker says the bill also speaks to coverage of ectopic or tubal pregnancies where the fertilized egg attaches outside of the womb.

“Part of that treatment would be removing that embryo from the fallopian tube and reinserting it in the uterus so that is defined as not an abortion under this bill," Becker explains.

“That doesn’t exist in the realm of treatment for ectopic pregnancy. You can’t just re-implant. It’s not a medical thing," says Jaime Miracle, deputy director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio.

She says, under this bill, women would have to wait until their very lives were in danger to get an abortion in the case of an ectopic pregnancy.

“This bill will have grave impacts on Ohio’s infant and maternal mortality rate," Miracle says.

And she says that’s not all. She says it will ban insurance from covering popular methods of birth control.

“Birth control pills, IUD’s and other methods of birth control like that – the bill states that any birth control that could act to stop a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus is considered an abortion under this bill," Miracle says.

Becker insists his bill does not target birth control.

“When you get into the contraception and abortifacients, that’s clearly not my area of expertise but I suppose, if it were true that what we typically known as the pill would be classified as an abortifacient, then I would imagine the drug manufacturers would reformulate it so it’s no longer an abortifacient and is strictly a contraceptive," Becker says.

This bill just had its first hearing in committee. If it goes further, supporters, opponents and medical professionals will testify for or against it.

Less than a month ago, Ohio lawmakers passed and Gov. Mike DeWine signed a law that bans abortion as early as six weeks into a pregnancy - at the point a fetal heartbeat can be detected. If this legislation goes through as written, it would go even further.

Garbage-rear end Ohio beat the South to it!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I wonder if this fuckstick knows that a large number of fertilised ovums fail to implant just normally.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lone Badger posted:

I wonder if this fuckstick knows that a large number of fertilised ovums fail to implant just normally.

why would they thats a womans body besides if it was a real rape the body can shut it down why do they need tampons just hold it in until your next passing period to go pee from the vagina

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Lone Badger posted:

Nope.
See all the times female staff/legislature has had to explain how their bodies work to men.

Kat R. Waulin
Jul 30, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Koalas March posted:

Also "if you are not a white woman from the south" like.. not even trying to include black women huh??

Oh stop. Why would I include anyone other than white women, when white women is what they were talking about? This poo poo right here is why we will always have racial problems. FYI, I am black, AND white. My white relatives, are liberal. My black ones, except for the young ones, are Conservative.

Kat R. Waulin
Jul 30, 2012
Grimey Drawer

InediblePenguin posted:

"black women are going to suffer more" isn't an antiquated stereotype

Who said it was? The stereotype was about white Southern women being able to magically avoid any hardship. Nice cherrypicking though.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kat R. Waulin posted:

Who said it was? The stereotype was about white Southern women being able to magically avoid any hardship. Nice cherrypicking though.

It was about white southern women having an easier time avoiding hardship. Not avoiding it entirely.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Becker posted:

“When you get into the contraception and abortifacients, that’s clearly not my area of expertise but I suppose, if it were true that what we typically known as the pill would be classified as an abortifacient, then I would imagine the drug manufacturers would reformulate it so it’s no longer an abortifacient and is strictly a contraceptive,"

Stunning.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Kat R. Waulin posted:

you quoted a post that said black women will suffer more than white women and said "stop peddling stereotypes" in response to it so uh the only one taking about magical avoidance of all hardship is you in that case. "x has more than y" != "x has everything and y has none at all"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
White people suffering is generally cool + good. Hth

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Taking delight in white women suffering is just the new cool way of taking delight in women suffering, just like ragging on white gay men became the cool, safe way to hate on LGBT+ people.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

ArcMage posted:

Stunning.

That line stuck out to me, too. What a dumb motherfucker.

Don't get me wrong, the impetus for this bill is malice and a hatred of women so deep seated it probably doesn't consciously register, but, man, that is one dumb motherfucker.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Pick posted:

Taking delight in white women suffering is just the new cool way of taking delight in women suffering, just like ragging on white gay men became the cool, safe way to hate on LGBT+ people.
Dont get me wrong, ill hate straight white men before all of yall but lmao at this attempt
Nice try whitie

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"The new cool safe way to hate any persecuted group tends to be thru white people" lmao no loving shame

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
As we all know, white gay men and white women are the most under attack communities within LGBTQ & women
SJWs just make it cool and safe. :qq:

Your very existence is a complicit one based on the continued mass genocide and imprisonment of people like me. You profit and breathe off of it every day whether you like it or not. Hth :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
extremely normal notmad response that will encourage cooperation between members of marginalized groups

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh gosh, is the ANGRY brown person gonna turn you into a nazi now? Sounds like someone i can def count on
So sorry for my emotions. It's almost like it's based on living in a white supremacist ethno state where my people are starved and murdered like dogs. Guess you'd call this brown fragility. My b!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Non whites better be nice about explaining my complicity in a millenia long system of genocide that they have to endure to this day...how else are they going to reach across the aisle?"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

uh, this is the PYF unnerving article/story thread, sir

e: Not that genocide / racism / white people being awful isn't unnerving but this isn't the place to discuss it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
White fragility is unnerving af. Nice edit, lol.
So is this:
https://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2019/05/10/key-grain-silos-in-hodeida-come-under-fire-as-millions-suffer-starvation-in-yemen

quote:

The World Food Program (WFP) has assessed the damage from the Thursday attack, which caused no casualties, the U.N. agency's senior spokesperson, Herve Verhoosel, said in a statement. Verhoosel said the silos contained some 51,000 tons of grains, enough to feed 3.7 million people for a month. "It appears that two silos were hit, one of which contains wheat," he said. "There was no fire." Verhoosel told said the WFP was unaware who carried out the attack.
Hodeida is the main port of the impoverished Arab country – where around 8.4 million people are believed to be on the verge of starvation – and a lifeline for millions.

Ditto:
https://reason.com/2019/05/09/the-largest-gang-takedown-in-new-york-city-history-mostly-swept-up-non-gang-members/

quote:

Of the more than 100 people eventually prosecuted, only two pleaded not guilty and took their cases to trial. They both lost. This was not unusual. At the federal level, 98 percent of cases end in plea deals, thanks to the enormous leverage prosecutors enjoy over defendants.
But a study released last month—three years after the initial raid—found something that may be more surprising. Despite the rhetoric of Bratton, Bharara, and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, most of the prosecutions of the Bronx 120, as they became known, were for nonviolent crimes, and more than half of the defendants were never even alleged to be gang members at all. Dozens of the "worst of the worst" as they'd breathlessly been described by public officials, are already out of prison and trying to piece their lives back together.

Oh so sorry for the derail, goon sirs :rolleye: this is an wendys drive thru am i right hah ah hah

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

:(

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Alaois posted:

you don't know sherman very well do you
Hey, he was the originator of "40 acres and a mule," remember.

The dude was a racist and an active participant in genocide, don't get me wrong, but he was also really into punishing the South. I think he might have enjoyed the idea of taking slaveowners' stuff and giving it away to former slaves, just as a way to stick it to those fancy rich Southern assholes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dovetaile posted:

Garbage-rear end Ohio beat the South to it!

I'd feel better but I know we'll soon follow suit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pookel posted:

Hey, he was the originator of "40 acres and a mule," remember.

The dude was a racist and an active participant in genocide, don't get me wrong, but he was also really into punishing the South. I think he might have enjoyed the idea of taking slaveowners' stuff and giving it away to former slaves, just as a way to stick it to those fancy rich Southern assholes.

Yeah, Sherman was more than happy to let free and formerly enslaved black people join him on his march which honestly was a lot more surgical and restrained in its approach than you'd think. It's not like he went around burning everyone's homes to the ground--he was focused on destroying the infrastructure. His march gets a bad rap for the same reason Grant gets tarred as a drunken* butcher of a general: we let the traitors help write the history books. In retrospect Sherman was probably right that the only way the South could have been reintegrated back into the Union without causing problems would have been to truly break their spirit first.

That said, I wouldn't let Sherman anywhere near a native American, because yeah big-time racist and genocider there. I mean yeah, that pretty much describes everyone back then but Sherman was extreme even for that.

*Grant did struggle with alcohol but he was the "doesn't drink for months and then goes all-out" kind, not the "six drinks a day" kind. And it never happened when he was on-the-job.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Welcome to America, where poorly singing the national anthem gets you accused of having a liberal agenda at best and deserving of being beat to death with a baseball bat at worst.

https://www.wral.com/bungled-anthem-causes-troubles-for-north-carolina-man/18378283/

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 14:56 on May 12, 2019

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I know this is the thread for people being total pieces of poo poo, but man, people are total pieces of poo poo. lovely renditions of the National Anthem are nothing new but please let’s make a guys life miserable over this non-issue.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Happy Mother's Day, have a mom whose children got stolen and she couldn't get them back because she wasn't given a translator in court

https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1127560704599515136

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Welcome to America, where poorly singing the national anthem gets you accused of having a liberal agenda at best and deserving of being beat to death with a baseball bat at worst.

https://www.wral.com/bungled-anthem-causes-troubles-for-north-carolina-man/18378283/

Who gives a gently caress about baseball enough for this to even register, let alone at some indie baseball team? It's like getting mad at someone for sucking at singing at the mall

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Aesop Poprock posted:

Who gives a gently caress about baseball enough for this to even register, let alone at some indie baseball team? It's like getting mad at someone for sucking at singing at the mall

The best part is that the guy an in park announcer, so he's probably heard the anthem thousands of times, then chose to blame "severe dehydration" for why he couldn't remember. Seriously bet the guy was drunk as a skunk.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It’s baseball and thus only remotely bearable if you are on some sort of controlled substance

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Happy Mother's Day, have a mom whose children got stolen and she couldn't get them back because she wasn't given a translator in court

https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1127560704599515136

lmaooooooo we took your kids but don’t worry, they’re in the hands of Christian charities

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Baseball is the only sport worth following. It’s just good clean fun.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Labes for days posted:

I know this is the thread for people being total pieces of poo poo, but man, people are total pieces of poo poo. lovely renditions of the National Anthem are nothing new but please let’s make a guys life miserable over this non-issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxVvzMXF4S0
(AFL Grand Final 1991. The guy losing it at the end is Yobes Ondieki, his reaction is pretty much how everyone reacted).

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dissapointed Owl posted:

lmaooooooo we took your kids but don’t worry, they’re in the hands of child rapists

ftfy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it was heavily implied tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Miss posted:

it was heavily implied tbf

Writing ‘Christian “charities”,’ is actually pretty ballsy all things considered.