Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

First of May posted:

I've been watching every episode in order, and I think the first appearance of Jerk Homer is in Lisa on Ice.

I don't think so. Something waaaaaaaaaay older than that is the episode when the family goes to Duff Gardens and Homer sees the long line for the water slide and just barges his way through.

Don't really care for that episode, but I did love how the old lady non-sarcastically says "God bless that man".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah, Onion and AV Club lost their spark more than a decade ago. They used to be must read, now we get “As stated an official Univision press release on the topic, "Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) […] today announced that the Company has initiated a formal process to explore the sale of the assets comprising the Gizmodo Media Group (GMG) and The Onion."

The Onion is still pretty good. They’ve been on an upswing since they unionized imo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I 100% checked out of the Onion when it changed hands closer to 2016 and began running all kinds of “Isn’t Hilary wacky (but in all sincerity please vote for her)?” stories

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think I could ever hate the Onion solely because of their running gag of not knowing what a firetruck is. Those articles get me every time.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Babe Magnet posted:

I don't think I could ever hate the Onion solely because of their running gag of not knowing what a firetruck is. Those articles get me every time.

wait, what is this

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://news.clickhole.com/faith-in-humanity-restored-passengers-on-this-screamin-1825122893

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Alan_Shore posted:

I literally watched Homie the Clown just now because of this thread and yes it's absolutely hilarious from start to finish. What a difference passionate voice acting makes

"Krusty! You came to save me!"

"...yyeeeaaah... THAT's what I did..."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Frog Act posted:

I honestly think Elementary School Musical, S22, might be the lowest point ever, even compared to the garbage from the past nine years. it's got inexplicable guest stars, literally toneless singing, a baffling and almost aggressively bad narrative, and horrible jokes. but the worst part are the songs, which feel like an assault on every sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NXRS6bXfM

"artists are amazing, let me talk to this cow that is grazing"
then stephen hawking appears dressed as a rapper and telling them to "break it down". it's almost anti-humor, and then Lisa's stilted talk-singing just really cinches it up as almost impossibly bad

:catstare:

isn't this that "funny" rap group from england or something? i can't remember the name of the group, but i think one of them was named jemaine or something

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Flight of the Conchords, from New Zealand. I like them - shame they couldn’t have been used in a good episode of The Simpsons.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

I 100% checked out of the Onion when it changed hands closer to 2016 and began running all kinds of “Isn’t Hilary wacky (but in all sincerity please vote for her)?” stories

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/689457951636004866

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Junk posted:

"Krusty! You came to save me!"

"...yyeeeaaah... THAT's what I did..."

"Look at this swell bucket of house paint! Look at it!"

I also rewatched the episode and I can't believe I forgot that it's the ep with GIGANTIC ASSES:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rascar Capac posted:

Flight of the Conchords, from New Zealand. I like them - shame they couldn’t have been used in a good episode of The Simpsons.

yeah i gave them like two chances, and i was very much not a fan of their style. i think it's possible that i'm just averse to song-based humor, one of the many reasons i never understood the appeal of avenue q.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

extremely same

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

YeahTubaMike posted:

yeah i gave them like two chances, and i was very much not a fan of their style. i think it's possible that i'm just averse to song-based humor, one of the many reasons i never understood the appeal of avenue q.

At my age I’m willing to bet that being into musical comedy is basically genetic. The ya like trying to explain to someone that Cilantro is good, actually. I grew up on Weird Al so I have a deep well of laughing at funny songs, but I can totally understand him not resonating with you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s why I think they got better after they unionized and started making some pretty great jokes about democrats and Israel.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Karate Dave is coming to kill me is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time and I'm convinced it would be an instant classic if we weren't otherwise hearing about the president every single day in every single form of media

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

pro click

AbsurdHeroine
Feb 27, 2007

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Cubone posted:

Karate Dave is coming to kill me is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time [...]

I absolutely lost it at 'That wasn't Karate Dave.'

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alan_Shore posted:

Best episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BScKizU7DNc

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Univision sold off The Onion a month or so ago.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
"Kids these days have a lot of money, so you might consider robbin' em."

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

YeahTubaMike posted:

Jermaine is super funny though. Check out "What We do in the Shadows". The movie and the series both.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I went on a tour last yesterday and managed to take a picture of a couple upcoming press releases

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Atlas Hugged posted:

Jermaine is super funny though. Check out "What We do in the Shadows". The movie and the series both.

is there singing?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

the episode where i decided there was nothing left in the show for me was the one with that annoying little sideshow bob screaming "vendetta!" over and over again, so i missed this one, but wow. WOW. that was completely awful :smith:

Yep, same. Sideshow Bob episodes were always good, but that was the moment when I realized "Why am I still watching this poo poo?" after about the 200th "VENDETTA! VENDETTA! VENDETTA! VENDETTA!"

Then I remember watching an episode where Bob genetically modified himself to have gills and grasshopper legs and other stupid poo poo. gently caress this dead dumb show.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

You Are A Elf posted:

Then I remember watching an episode where Bob genetically modified himself to have gills and grasshopper legs and other stupid poo poo.
I don't know why I keep assuming that you guys are making these up, the show is clearly just much, much dumber than I thought

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

You Are A Elf posted:

Yep, same. Sideshow Bob episodes were always good, but that was the moment when I realized "Why am I still watching this poo poo?" after about the 200th "VENDETTA! VENDETTA! VENDETTA! VENDETTA!"

yeah iirc the show didn't end with the usual theme song, it ended with the kid yelling "vendetta!" ugh, so stupid and unfunny. how dare they waste tress macneille's talent like that.

quote:

Then I remember watching an episode where Bob genetically modified himself to have gills and grasshopper legs and other stupid poo poo. gently caress this dead dumb show.

lol what the gently caress

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

YeahTubaMike posted:

is there singing?

No. Just vampires.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vendetta was definitely one of the ones that made me stop watching the show. That along with Frank Grimes's son, and a Treehouse of Horror where Moe takes over Homer's family, so Homer gets revenge by putting him a Rube Goldberg machine to deep fry him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

No. Just vampires.

I mean, hopefully there will be singing because Jemaine Clement and Matt Berry.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I just remembered that Marge was featured in Playboy and figured that was it, that was the lowest point. (Possibly for the magazine as well)

Then I realized that was like 10 years ago and it sure isn't likely to have turned it's trajectory around

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think the vendetta episode might have been the one that made me drop the show too. The Sideshow Bob episodes were generally still some of the good ones but that one was basically just another "The Simpsons go to a place" episode and the "vendetta! vendetta!" poo poo was remarkably terrible even by late Simpsons standards.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Detective No. 27 posted:

Univision sold off The Onion a month or so ago.

Does it mean there are going to be new Dredge Appraisal videos?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

You Are A Elf posted:

quote:

He chases them to a body of water and they beg him to sing before he kills them. He obliges, but Marge, Homer and the teen-abstinence group come to stop him. When Lisa talks about Walt Whitman, Bob realises he has become a monster and attempts suicide by drowning, but then remembers he has gills.

They need to start taking Emmys away. I wonder at what point, with all episodes taken into account, King of the Hill will objectively be better.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hyrax Attack! posted:

They need to start taking Emmys away. I wonder at what point, with all episodes taken into account, King of the Hill will objectively be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKHyaMy2BEM

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hyrax Attack! posted:

He also steps on a bunch of rakes underwater

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cubone posted:

I don't know why I keep assuming that you guys are making these up, the show is clearly just much, much dumber than I thought

hachi machi

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That one guy's brother who got injured in a car accident and could only speak in Simpsons quotes is so lucky he died before seeing what the Simpsons became.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

I just remembered that Marge was featured in Playboy and figured that was it, that was the lowest point. (Possibly for the magazine as well)

Matt Groening drew that himself.

Also Marge is based on his mother.