Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

that doesnt sound terribly different than twitter tbh

Twitter seems to be the place where they ban you because a Nazi reports your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
making a big deal about taking down some nazis page that can be put back up in hours doesnt sound demonstrably different than twitters policies wrt to nazi pages tho, is what im saying

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

making a big deal about taking down some nazis page that can be put back up in hours doesnt sound demonstrably different than twitters policies wrt to nazi pages tho, is what im saying

I guess. I don't really want to sit here and defend FB but they're at least making an effort to deplatform horrible people. Twitter doesn't seem to give half a gently caress about that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They’re only doing that to obfuscate the other 400 heinous things they’re doing at any given time. Facebook is a cancer.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

It was removed on the 7th, Dixon made a stink in numerous groups about it. This is also the fourth iteration of the page, created in late 2018. It's a cycle, they stay up until they violate TOS again.

Nah, it was restored. All of the followers (or whatever) are still there.

Facebook is trash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does Twitter require you to supply a copy of your ID to verify your account? When I was banned FB requires me to scan and send a copy of it to prove I was who I claimed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think so but the vast majority of users arent verified, thats a thing thats pretty much only for high profile people. but also when i went to check

so i dont know for sure what they want

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah it's... not actually possible to get blue checkmarked nowadays, i'm fairly sure

if you didn't get one before sometime in 2018, you're not getting one period

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That isn't actually what I meant. I wondered if twitter required you to prove who you were to get a suspended account restored, not a verified account. I was reported on FB for pretending to be a deceased person and had to send my ID as proof that it was actually my name.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Was it twitter or Facebook that just said they can’t treat radical right wingers the same way they treat other hate groups like ISIS because then a lot of national politicians would get banned

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Internet Wizard posted:

Was it twitter or Facebook that just said they can’t treat radical right wingers the same way they treat other hate groups like ISIS because then a lot of national politicians would get banned

That was twitter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The verified should just be for celebs so you could tell the actual Chris Katan account from all that imatators. That was probably the idea at first but chuds turned it into a joke.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Facebook was the one whose leaked guidelines said that white nationalism wasnt hate speech and like there are tiers of racism that are acceptable or some crazy poo poo

Also there was that whole thing where they helped perpetrate genocide

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

The verified should just be for celebs so you could tell the actual Chris Katan account from all that imatators. That was probably the idea at first but chuds turned it into a joke.
That was the idea at first, but also I'm not sure what you mean by joke. Its intent is still so you know that the person posting is that person (or, at the very least, the designated representative for that person). It's not like MAGAFrog1488 can just get a verified check because they ask. EVS got one because he is, unfortunately, a notable person.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

site posted:

Facebook was the one whose leaked guidelines said that white nationalism wasnt hate speech and like there are tiers of racism that are acceptable or some crazy poo poo

Facebook's official guidelines were that white "supremacism" was bad while white "nationalism" was a-ok. The fact that these two things are literally the same didn't factor into their decision making.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

site posted:

In a just society, all powerful individuals would be brought to heel by the working class until they are broken in mind and spirit and turned into the servants of the working class.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/cosmicbooknews/status/1127237340785782785?s=19

Underperforming compared to the movie its already made hundreds of millions of dollars more than?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 12, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Skwirl posted:

Underperforming compared to the movie its already made hundreds of millions of dollars more than?

"It made more money than its predeccessor in a shorter amount of time."

*Nazis who use comic books as a recruiting tool*

"It's UNDER PERFORMING because SJW ruined it. GET WOKE, GO BROKE! We did it! 14 MORE DAYS TILL SUMMER!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm pretty sure a large part of the reason Endgame had a sharper second and third week drop off was that after the first weekend there weren't that many people who hadn't seen it left.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

That story is like a cry for help.

Ironically some interesting stuff here though

https://twitter.com/cosmicbooknews/status/1126690202351575040

Pity it ain't real.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure a large part of the reason Endgame had a sharper second and third week drop off was that after the first weekend there weren't that many people who hadn't seen it left.

Yeah, I've had friends who saw it like the second week and there was barely anyone in the theater, but as you say that's because everybody already saw it.

Cosmic Book News is like Bounding into Comics without the grace and subtlety.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i wonder what percentage of clickthrough on those posts are solely because the viwwer doesnt immediately notice it's not Comic Book News

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

site posted:

i wonder what percentage of clickthrough on those posts are solely because the viwwer doesnt immediately notice it's not Comic Book News

I know I've done it once or twice.

It makes you feel really loving icky.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It looks like Renfamous got loving suspended again already.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Viridiant posted:

It looks like Renfamous got loving suspended again already.

Yup. Wow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

That was the idea at first, but also I'm not sure what you mean by joke. Its intent is still so you know that the person posting is that person (or, at the very least, the designated representative for that person). It's not like MAGAFrog1488 can just get a verified check because they ask. EVS got one because he is, unfortunately, a notable person.

There's a ton of z grade right wing grifters who have blue checkmarks that have nothing more than a youtube channel with 3k subs. Because @jack loves internet nazis.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
SJW protected his account, looks like the chuds have nothing but free time.

I'm not really, but still a bit surprised twitter doesn't have some kind of protected account thing where you have to have someone actually verify all claims against an account.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Anora posted:

SJW protected his account, looks like the chuds have nothing but free time.

I'm not really, but still a bit surprised twitter doesn't have some kind of protected account thing where you have to have someone actually verify all claims against an account.

You KNOW they'd just use it to protect the chuds. "Oh, these accounts generate a lot of heat, we should protect them. What do you mean, actual violations? Nah, it's just people upset they're being de-personed, who cares? The real money is in the Nazis!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also that does not trust The Algorithm. And requires real work.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

When you are normal and well-adjusted about your comic book movies.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

When you are normal and well-adjusted about your comic book movies.

That can't be real. The whole "women should be in the kitchen" seems a little too on the nose.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think it's a parody of the same thing that some MRA idiot did for The Last Jedi, this one just seems too on the nose to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Veotax posted:

I think it's a parody of the same thing that some MRA idiot did for The Last Jedi, this one just seems too on the nose to me.

Yeah sorry that's definitely real.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
That file size doesn't seem big enough, even though the run time's been cut in half.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The very first thing being NO BRIE LARSON kinda scans, though.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wanderer posted:

That file size doesn't seem big enough, even though the run time's been cut in half.

They added more men back in. All muscley men all wrestling with no shirts on.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Even if it is a joke the whole CHUD playbook is just pretending to joke about what you actually believe.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's not a joke. Unfortunately. :negative:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Does anyone recall a very minor tangent in this thread a few months ago, about an overwritten review of Carolyn Nowak's Girl Town in TCJ? I just got around to actually reading Girl Town, which I loved, and thought about that review again, and want to add, a billion years after the fact, that the original review was also profoundly out of synch with the playful, often goofy charm of the actual book.

Edit: And going back the review is also snittier and more condescending than I remembered, so retroactive apologies for being a little soft on it way back when.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vandar posted:

It's not a joke. Unfortunately. :negative:

If someone was doing a joke, I doubt they would've said "Wakanda apechant".