Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I mean to be fair, Daenarys at least has been shown to be unstable as gently caress and this is completely in character for her.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Have Jon kill Dany, then gently caress off and let Tyrion take over, and I'll be more or less chill.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sorry it's 2am and I just want to shout CLEGANE BOWL

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Sorry it's 2am and I just want to shout CLEGANE BOWL

Perfect ending

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

is 'you're poo poo at dying' better than 'loving die'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh man

https://twitter.com/biccedeite/status/1127810318468403201

it's funny because on my most recent watchthrough that particular scene made me go 'holy poo poo, she's insane'

that's probably the happiest she's ever been onscreen, and it's not because she saved them, it's because they worship her

https://twitter.com/itsashlyperez/status/1127817336537247744

oh man twitter is spicy af

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

is 'you're poo poo at dying' better than 'loving die'

No because CLEGANE BOWL

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Also Arya having the presence of mind to be like "no man, you're right I get you" through the blood lust

holocaust bloopers posted:

Jaime and Cersei better not be alive next episode.

1000% this.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 13, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Also Arya having the presence of mind to be like "no man, you're right I get you" through the blood lust

1000% this.

They gonna be chilling with Stannis

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Chow Yun Fat does it in The Replacement Killers.

I love CYF but The replacement killers is emphatically not better than the wire. The killer or Hard boiled maybe.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This Episode was equal parts "holy poo poo, that owns, and" and ":lol: that loving lazy writing"

Seconding that Jamie and Cersei better be dead as all gently caress.

Dany IDDQDing through the entirety of what we were made to believe was a city with overwhelming air defense was hilarious.

The smash cut to Qyburn saying "all the scorpions are gone now lol" was equally hilarious.

The outrage online over this one might be the greatest thing about the episode. gently caress the producers for not doing ten episodes though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

dany was listening for the bells, and when she didn't hear the one in the sept of baelor she lost her poo poo, that was her father's bell

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If I hadn't seen the preceding two episodes, this episode would have been fine.

But wrecking the iron fleet immediately after we watched it bullseye a moving target from several miles away only to have Dany toast them in 30 seconds was just one more piece of lazy writing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They could have added the lowest effort line in ten seconds after they said "the iron fleet won't be a problem" or whatever they said.

Like, say that the scorpions seem to have a max elevation angle, so Drogon can just HALO drop from the clouds into the middle of the iron fleet and airdrop some bad breath on them, so he'd be literally be unreachable by the scorpions. Or add that the scorpions on the land-facing walls would be trained towards the unsullied, and there's a chance to hit them from a blind angle in a surprise.

But they did nothing whatsoever outside of the hint that he'd be coming out of the Sun. And then she low-altitude holding-patterns casually over king's landing and suddenly all scorpions are gone in 30 seconds.

Looked cool as all gently caress, but jesus, write like three extra lines, guys.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hound’s last scene with Arya probably put her on course to reconsider Gendry’s marriage proposal.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Next episode opens with Tyrion, Jon, Davos and all the other northmen who fled the city being executed by Dany and then she flies north to Winterfell to gently caress up sansa & Brienne & whoever else is still up there.

But then Euron teleports with a flying ship & kills drogon with the ballista mounted on the bow. End credits roll after Euron, still bleeding out from his gnarly torso wound, looks up to the heavens and says “I loving killed Weiss & Benioff’s careers!”

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

Jaime and Cersei better not be alive next episode.

I'm wanting them to pull an Old Man Potter from It's a Wonderful Life with Cersei turning up alive and unrepentant in Essos or something. This hasn't been a story built on poetic justice, and shouldn't start to be now.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Oh, I wonder if this person went ahead with this and how they’re feeling today. Here’s one person who seems to have more foresight than the Three-Eyed Raven:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Would love to know what kind of conversations Disney is having considering the muted reaction to season 8 and D&D planning for a Star Wars trilogy.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Note to self: get popcorn for next Sunday because I'm gonna be entertained and the internet is gonna be pissed.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Oh, I wonder if this person went ahead with this and how they’re feeling today. Here’s one person who seems to have more foresight than the Three-Eyed Raven:

Probably as good as someone who named their kid Walter White before season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Read up a little on the online buzz about the latest episode, and it turns out the Green Bay Packers QB was a guest extra as a King's Landing citizen getting brutally incinerated, and they apparently "forgot" that Jamie had a prosthetic hand in his final scene.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Both of those things make a lot of sense.

LOL I just realized Clutch's bit from Game Six of the Warriors series [Rockets mascot] was a take on the Starbucks cup gaffe.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 13, 2019

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Read up a little on the online buzz about the latest episode, and it turns out the Green Bay Packers QB was a guest extra as a King's Landing citizen getting brutally incinerated, and they apparently "forgot" that Jamie had a prosthetic hand in his final scene.

Aaron Rodgers is a giant nerd

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Last episode of Thrones gonna be Fyre Fest.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Wish they'd do it to him irl tbh....

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

A Bad Poster posted:

I just hope that Daenerys reputation gets thoroughly destroyed by the end, just so I stop seeing stupid "hehe I'm the real mother of dragons, look at my kids" posts. No, Stephanie, you're just a poor parent who can't control their children.

Facebook has decided I'm a late 20's white woman with kids and who watches GOT. I have seen this dumbass shirt like 50 times in the past two weeks.

The only one of those descriptors that applies to me is "white".

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 13, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

All of those were bad guys, though, or at least people trying to kill her / prevent her from achieving her goals. Not really innocents.

1. Slaver
2. Guy trying to steal her dragons and kill her.
3. City full of slavers.
4. Slave masters.
5. Slaver Masters starting an insurgency against her
6. Rival Khals who want to keep her in Vaes Dothrak forever
7. Lannisters, her enemies
8. Bad guys and thousands of innocents along with them.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 13, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

All of those were bad guys, though, or at least people trying to kill her / prevent her from achieving her goals. Not really innocents.

Sure, sure. Though killing those who try to "prevent her from achieving her goals" seems pretty Hitleresque but hey.

I'm just getting a kick out of the people who didn't see it coming, is all.

While we're doing edits:

She a bad guy, telegraphed from day 1

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 13, 2019

bengy81
May 8, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Sure, sure. Though killing those who try to "prevent her from achieving her goals" seems pretty Hitleresque but hey.

I'm just getting a kick out of the people who didn't see it coming, is all.

I dont know if it's Emillia Clark, the writing of her character, both or something else, but they did a really bad job showing her turn to the mad queen.
Last nights episode was pretty entertaining, the Varys thing bugged me because why the gently caress would he have been so sloppy at this point, but I guess they figured somebody needed to die, and I'm assuming Tyrion has to live long enough to set up whatever happens with Dany and John.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

oh man

https://twitter.com/biccedeite/status/1127810318468403201

it's funny because on my most recent watchthrough that particular scene made me go 'holy poo poo, she's insane'

that's probably the happiest she's ever been onscreen, and it's not because she saved them, it's because they worship her

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
to do this in 6 episodes and they needed to provide the barest minimum of character development as possible which is why everyone's gone insane

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

to do this in 6 episodes and they needed to provide the barest minimum of character development as possible which is why everyone's gone insane

Yeah but that's effort and they're totally on autopilot at this point

Maybe she'll pull a Starbuck and vanish in the final two scenes and we can all just go "oh I guess she was a demon all along"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It’ll be a Snickers ad. Dany was hungry.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm fully assuming at this point that Dany somehow survives all attempts by her former advisers to kill her, because that's the only way this whole show ends up in a way that Ramsay Bolton would sum up as "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" by disappointing literally every single last furiously-committed viewer of the show.

I'd be fine with it. Burn it all down.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I strangely think I'd be okay with that. Dany on the throne, everything on fire, credits.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If they had literal anvils rain from the sky to kill every main character this weekend I'd be pleased

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
gently caress GRRM for handing the series he was too lazy to finish off to a company that is too lazy to finish it right.

The wights should have won

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is how he planned the finish, though. Although some things shifted slightly, D&D made GRRM give them the rest of the major plotpoints he had planned.

There are a lot of things from earlier seasons that foreshadow everything that has happened. Bran saw the lone dragon over king’s landing in season 4, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'd almost put money on them making time circular, and having Gendry start another Baratheon rebellion against the mad Targaryen.