Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Pretty much the only weapon I can use on RDM anymore is the Balder Tuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Pretty much the only weapon I can use on RDM anymore is the Balder Tuck.
I'm hoping for some decent dungeon drops. The level 60 Doman weapon from the Forgotten Knight is alright. All the primal ones are both hideous and expensive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The level 69 dungeon rapier is by far my favorite

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

The level 69 dungeon rapier is by far my favorite

That's got some amazing looking weapons but they're a pain in the rear end to farm. I haven't even seen them all yet.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not sure I've ever even seen the rapier. Or the axe, come to think of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish the game had more joke weapons. in a game where male vera exists all the weapons are a bit too much of a particle effects showoff outside of the moogle stuff

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Moogle rapier best rapier

Intense cutscene. Bad guy monologues. Catgirl whips out weapon and scowls. Moogle pops out with cute moogle sound. RIP bad guy.

<3

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Sunday Morning posted:

Moogle rapier best rapier

Intense cutscene. Bad guy monologues. Catgirl whips out weapon and scowls. Moogle pops out with cute moogle sound. RIP bad guy.

<3

I'm hoping the sylph weapons will be like the mog ones

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That's got some amazing looking weapons but they're a pain in the rear end to farm. I haven't even seen them all yet.

Recently got the gun from it and it's one of the silliest weapons I've seen.

Blast of Confetti posted:

i wish the game had more joke weapons. in a game where male vera exists all the weapons are a bit too much of a particle effects showoff outside of the moogle stuff

Check out the sabotender gear in the saucer. Also the Mado Brush.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Asimo posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I've ever even seen the rapier. Or the axe, come to think of it.

Here are all the Abanian weapons I have for the classes I've capped.

RDM: Schlaeger

WAR: Sparth

SAM: Kotetsu

BLM: Teiwaz

SCH: Ethica

Sadly, I appear to have misplaced (read: pawned for GC seals) my Enhancing Sword and Ritter Shield, so no PLD shot today. I've also never won the SMN book, but I think it's similar to the SCH one.

The MNK weapon is sick, but I have not leveled MNK so I never bothered rolling on it the time I did see it drop. Abania has great weapons all around, imho.

EDIT: Also of note for farmers: The RDM and SAM weapons have some recolours that may be easier to get. The craftable Silvergrace Rapier and the Storm Captain's Rapier for Maelstrom have the same model. The SAM sword Kotetsu is copied by the Serpent Captain's Katana, if you're in Adders. Those are the only ones with copycats though, so far.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 12, 2019

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Third time was the charm! If you're on the fence about pushing through Eureka, or dipped out immediately after finishing your relic, I really recommend giving BA a shot. It's fun, challenging without being brutal, not quite like anything else in the game, and on Primal at least the Discord community around it is extremely helpful and friendly.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i get that PF acts up and i've also inadvertently left locks on for specific classes when someone leaves

but i'm also running into a non-zero amount of parties that all their dps slots are set to melee only. not as in each individual spot has a specific need, but every dps slot can only be filled by MNK, SAM, DRG, or NIN. and it's like?? why don't you want ranged??????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Someone bitched me out in a Seiryu EX earlier for not taking him back to center for one of the double-lasers so the 1 and 2 waymarks didn't make sense

On the one hand I get that there's some preconceived script to be followed, but on the other, no one told me what that script was, up to now I've been fine just winging stack positions in groups I've been in. usually plenty of time to work it out during the cast

:shrug:??

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this could be you!! (if you joined my ex parties) (this is me after three suzaku runs)

Ciaphas posted:

Someone bitched me out in a Seiryu EX earlier for not taking him back to center for one of the double-lasers so the 1 and 2 waymarks didn't make sense

On the one hand I get that there's some preconceived script to be followed, but on the other, no one told me what that script was, up to now I've been fine just winging stack positions in groups I've been in. usually plenty of time to work it out during the cast

:shrug:??

sounds like a dipshit because those beams frequently come after very heavy movement mechanics so it's really tough to control him. that's why people typically mark the healers, so you know where to go

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kaubocks posted:

this could be you!! (if you joined my ex parties) (this is me after three suzaku runs)

sounds like a dipshit because those beams frequently come after very heavy movement mechanics so it's really tough to control him. that's why people typically mark the healers, so you know where to go

That was my thinking as well, he doesn't cleave or really do anything without one hell of a windup, so why make the melee's job harder? (hell, come to it, war's a melee too, positionals or not; why would I want to waste my time and inevitably clip a GCD dragging those meatheads around?)

Next time I'll just clear the 1 and 2 waymarks after the pull if they put em down, see what happens for Science

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

What program did you use to make these?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey, quick question that has probably been answered a million times. I got ARR through Twitch Prime, got Heavensward through the free promotion going on, and I'm rapidly approaching 60 and looking to keep going. I went to pre-order Shadowbringers because I heard it includes Stormblood, but the store page says this:

quote:

Please note that the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD, which will be provided at release on July 2, 2019.

Does this mean that if I pre-order Shadowbringers I won't actually get access to Stormblood until July 2?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hey, quick question that has probably been answered a million times. I got ARR through Twitch Prime, got Heavensward through the free promotion going on, and I'm rapidly approaching 60 and looking to keep going. I went to pre-order Shadowbringers because I heard it includes Stormblood, but the store page says this:

Does this mean that if I pre-order Shadowbringers I won't actually get access to Stormblood until July 2?

correct

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Guess I can take a break once I hit 60. Thanks.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Or level more classes to 60. :getin:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There's stilla lot of content to do at 50/60, in the 8 and 24 man raids, the side quests, Gold Saucer stuff, crafting, hunting down glamour items in dungeons.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

TheHeadSage posted:

What program did you use to make these?

My PS4. They were murdered in the transition to gif. Here they are raw:

https://imgur.com/a/4IJtebP

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

This is what I did but for 70s. It was fun and not too difficult but I'm for sure not gonna do it for MNK, NIN, and SAM each sitting comfortably at 32, 32, and 56 respectively.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I wanted to try Samurai, so that's a bummer. I guess once I get to 60 on Dragoon I can do Warrior and Ninja, the other two jobs I'm interested in.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

SonicRulez posted:

My PS4. They were murdered in the transition to gif. Here they are raw:

https://imgur.com/a/4IJtebP

drat, I'm on PC so my quest continues.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

TheHeadSage posted:

drat, I'm on PC so my quest continues.

This is pretty much the process I use. Some of the info is outdated and I wouldn't be surprised if there are more efficient processes, but it works.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
I've gotten to the end of the current storyline and while figuring out what to do till Shadowbringer I got it into my head to try out some of that Alphascape Savage content. Since I've never really done any high-end content beyond a few tries of Suzano EX when that was recent and I only got a small group to do this in voice with, are there any tips for doing this with pubbies? Mostly just curious if there is any weird etiquette or whatever I need to be aware of (since I imagine that kinda content attracts the more tryhard-y folks) and if there are any good guides to follow for the fights?

Also, how bad of an idea is it to jump in as a WHM like that? :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
whm is the best at keeping a bunch of idiots alive so if you're not absolutely terrible yourself it'll be fine.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

You have to be a homeowner to garden, they don’t let just anyone do it. I missed if you were on Excalibur or not, if you’re not there might be houses available that you can save up for. If you are on Excal then lol. Your other option is joining an fc with a house and getting gardening privileges from them. You can also buy flowerpots for fc rooms/apartments (which are a lot cheaper and more available than houses) but it’s really the same.

Ugh really :(

I'm on Odin with a bunch of IRL friends and nobody has a house. One of them is part of a FC that has guild housing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Are the free companies in the OP still pretty active? I’m trying for Dragon God Knight Kings because the name is ridiculous.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Only if you've done the actual true msq which is the Hildibrand questline.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Open Marriage Night posted:

Are the free companies in the OP still pretty active? I’m trying for Dragon God Knight Kings because the name is ridiculous.

DGKK is the correct choice. The only regret I have from moving to EU servers is not being able to chat with friends i left behind :v:

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

All the Free Companies on Excalibur at least are very active.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The ones on omega are less chock full as the NA ones but we always have at least 5 or so people on at all hours.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ugh really :(

I'm on Odin with a bunch of IRL friends and nobody has a house. One of them is part of a FC that has guild housing.

An odin goon! I thought everyone was on Omega! I'm Tae Asakura on there if you want to do runs sometime.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Finally got every class (except BLU) to 50. Now I can clean so much ugly old gear out. :toot:

Also is it just me or does AST healing sub 50 feel really weak compared to WHM and SCH? Or maybe I'm missing something. Pissvale was the worst as AST whereas I kind of actually liked it as the other healers.

Yeah we're active, and have a pack of newbies right now if you're still leveling. Not that a lot of us aren't game to help out with levelling content anyway, but it's nice to have people you're progressing with and for whom old story beats are still fresh.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also is it just me or does AST healing sub 50 feel really weak compared to WHM and SCH? Or maybe I'm missing something.

You probably just had a bad party with AST. At AV's level sync, AST is actually a stronger healer overall than WHM with Essential Dignity, cheaper basic healing, and the ability to Bole the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also is it just me or does AST healing sub 50 feel really weak compared to WHM and SCH? Or maybe I'm missing something. Pissvale was the worst as AST whereas I kind of actually liked it as the other healers.

There shouldn't be too much difference between AST and WHM sub-50, tbh. Cure 2 and Benefic 2 are very similar, Regen and Aspected Benefic heal similar amounts per cast. Even then AST should be ahead with Essential Dignity at that level.

It could be a badly geared tank souring the experience if anything.