Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hello what is this actually called

https://mangadex.org/title/33537/shuumatsu-no-valkyrie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

nerdz posted:

Considering Inaka is the best character in komi-san, I'll probably like this

It's good. I like how the mc is an unabashed weirdo, besides being from the country.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hello what is this actually called

Hella necro but okay
Shuumatsu no valkyrie

The scans caught up with the raws and now its on a monthly release.

With inconsistent page numbers who does that to people god jesus

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

With inconsistent page numbers who does that to people god jesus

watamote is like, a 2-week schedule and chapters that are sometimes like 7 pages :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol, this is great

This strikes me as the sort of manga that would do well as a live action drama adaptation.

edit: hahahah the part where she goes to Starbucks

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 4, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zerilan posted:

watamote is like, a 2-week schedule and chapters that are sometimes like 7 pages :(
better that than the authors that are required to churn out weekly 19 page chapters and work themselves into an early 30s grave

watching the my hero academia dude just slowly disintegrate artistically because he was being millstoned into a fine powder was heartbreaking

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Two chapters in so far and its good, but I also realize how much of a nerd I am when I read the translation notes and already know every term the translator is describing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

better that than the authors that are required to churn out weekly 19 page chapters and work themselves into an early 30s grave

watching the my hero academia dude just slowly disintegrate artistically because he was being millstoned into a fine powder was heartbreaking

So does the past tense mean he found a solution, or...?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Indiana_Krom posted:

Two chapters in so far and its good, but I also realize how much of a nerd I am when I read the translation notes and already know every term the translator is describing.

I wish the translator gave an example of some of the Japanese country dialect. He comments on it being good but doesn't give an example!

edit: I like how it seems like the series is going to focus on a broader cast of characters than just the protagonist and the love interest. I hope we end up learning something about those other two guys who were hanging out at karaoke and the movie. Short-hair dude seems fun.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 5, 2019

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'd like to see a country accent translation go closer to home for me. No idea where 'Yuppers' is supposed to be from but a 'Yarp' would be done in an instant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCiKYcbCL2g

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Darth Walrus posted:

So does the past tense mean he found a solution, or...?
I actually stopped reading it around that time, but I do believe he started taking breaks similar to how Oda does on one piece. Good idea to not strangle the golden goose after it has only laid a handful of golden eggs for you, after all. Doesn't mean the schedule of a typical mangaka in general isn't still lovely though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The Beatles manga updated again finally and it continues to be good. I love the way the mangaka draws cities. https://mangadex.org/title/897/boku-wa-beatles

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Chas McGill posted:

The Beatles manga updated again finally and it continues to be good. I love the way the mangaka draws cities. https://mangadex.org/title/897/boku-wa-beatles

I like how this series actually tackles the ramifications of someone using future knowledge to be successful, though it's probably obvious that in the long run it's going to end up with them writing their own music.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So has drifters always had close to 80 chapters and i never realised because of where I read it?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

So has drifters always had close to 80 chapters and i never realised because of where I read it?

Yes, I believe the Japanese have 76 chapters now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one really talks about drifters any more because the releases are deathly slow, and also the story has been stuck on this single siege battle for years of real time. so uh, the exact same problems hellsing had back in the day.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Speak of the devil, the group that's been working on translations just put out the last 3 chapters meaning we're officially caught up.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no one really talks about drifters any more because the releases are deathly slow, and also the story has been stuck on this single siege battle for years of real time. so uh, the exact same problems hellsing had back in the day.
Hirano is consistent in his inconsistency.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New March Lion with an important message about putting in effort (and what feels like a commentary about crunch in the Japanese workforce).

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Yeah, I did the math once, and Drifters has an even slower average release schedule than Berserk.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Double posting because the author of Dorohedoro has a new sci-fi series. https://mangadex.org/title/31688

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Double posting because the author of Dorohedoro has a new sci-fi series. https://mangadex.org/title/31688

Content: Gore :black101:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's real good so far but this monthly release schedule is going to kill me.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I'm still half expecting Dorohedoro characters to suddenly drop in.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This is great, thanks.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
Glad she's transitioned from "the lead is an idiot" to "the lead is a child, and therefore, an idiot"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i really need to finish reading dorohedoro. I like doing it drunk though and frequently have to stop once i get too drunk

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yesss, I didn't even know about this!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There are two new chapters of Kouya ni kemono and we're unveiling more of the conspiracy surrounding the Dokkaku soldiers.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That reminded me that we’re getting a dorohedoro anime sometime in the next year

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it's supposed to be cg, which is the absolute worst choice to convey the detailed griminess of the manga art. still, considering what kaiman looks like that's probably the only way to animate it at all.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

i think it's supposed to be cg, which is the absolute worst choice to convey the detailed griminess of the manga art. still, considering what kaiman looks like that's probably the only way to animate it at all.

Counterpoint they could make it look like a bad skyrim mod

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Go full Dorohedemono Friends. Except for the gyoza, which are lovingly rendered at 60fps steam detail.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

:dadjoke:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

New Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

It has everything you could want. Poison. Suffering. Catgirls. Literally thousands of amazing faces.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Maomao destroying Jinshi by accident.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Chas McGill posted:

Isn't there a movie coming out soon with a very similar premise to this

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
https://mangadex.org/title/21108/hibiki-shousetsuka-ni-naru-houhou

New Hibiki in which we truly meet the man Hibiki, or her psycho boyfriend, is probably gonna maim or murder

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So how come Hayashida Q got such a relaxed schedule for dorohedoro did it just sell so wildly she was able to take her time?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the insane death march lifestyle for mangaka is mostly for weekly series. monthly have more leeway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Today, doll boy creates a misunderstanding with a supportive shopkeeper.