Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there an easy way to read this offline on iOS? I have a flight later tonight and I’m in interested in finally giving this a shot after reading/backing Lancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Allison did send actual TEETH flying when she socked Gog, so maybe some of the worms actually transform into non-worm objects like bells and clothes and that staff.
They could also just be tiny maggots knocked loose. Can you imagine how gross Allison's fist must feel? She throws a right, and instead of connecting with cartilage and bone, it sinks into a mass of worms.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gog's hat is a stylized worm. the hole is it's mouth the bells are it's eyes.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Just noticed something in that picture. Here's a hint for the audience.

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with the burning of her want
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Yer late.

Brought To You By posted:

She was looking kind of dumb

With her sigil and her crown

In the shape of an 'L'

Over her forehead.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A big flaming stink posted:

Pretty sure operant said that one of the most popular tv shows in throne is Everybody Loves Gog-Agog

we also now know how she introduces herself at the start of each episode

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GreyjoyBastard posted:

we also now know how she introduces herself at the start of each episode

I wonder if she is televising this interaction on the glyphosphere. That would not go well for Allison.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Tenebrais posted:

So what motivates Gog-Agog's followers, such that one might willingly and enthusiastically be torn apart by her for her whimsy?
you know how Youtube's algorithm has been described as trying to feed you a plate of wasps?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, and if they're voluntary followers and not just infected, that makes her even scarier since it means that she's someone a large number of people deem worth following.

shes one of the gods of the seven part world. shes going to have a following of some kind, thats just the nature of power

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

you know how Youtube's algorithm has been described as trying to feed you a plate of wasps?

I have never heard that description.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tollymain posted:

shes one of the gods of the seven part world. shes going to have a following of some kind, thats just the nature of power

The people in the other Demiurge domains love the Gog-Agog show, it shows them how much worse off they could be. They can tell themselves that living as a slave is better than being worms.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gog agog is basically Nero, a moron with more power than they should have with a legit desire to be friendly to their subjects that's offset by the fact that everyone is terrified of them in person and they don't know why

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Even in the real world people worship hosed up things, willingly. If you're an eldritch horror that rules 111111 worlds, you're bound to have willing subjects.

I hope Gog-agog's backstory is still intact. Being powerful enough to kill a demiurge while probably not even knowing what they were nor knowing the true value of what she claimed from them is great.

I love how atypical most/all the antagonists are. Always looking forward to learning more about them. For some reason I thought Goggles would be reserved for much much later. Then again maybe they'll speak for two seconds and then flocks off into the backdrop for literal years.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she wants to be allison's manager for the tournament

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh yes. She would be perfect in the Paul Bearer role.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I got one word for you. Just one word.

Sponsorship.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bearer of the word Brand-Deals

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Maybe if you worship Gog-Agog and follow her commands/etc, you just get to harbor a number of friendly worms, like a tapeworm or something. Then you're mostly fine unless Gog decides she needs your specific location/person to explode - but most of the followers get to live relatively safely because why would she need to be on an onion farm in some random world? But if you decide to fight Gog-Agog, you will definitely be completely consumed by a tidal wave of worms, probably erupting spontaneously from the closest pet/family member/etc.

Gog doesn't realize it, but there is a constant deadly competition to be part of her entourage, because it turns out the safest place to avoid bursting into a pile worms so that Gog can visit someone/somewhere is directly next to the current pile of worms, because she's already there.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ashcans posted:

Maybe if you worship Gog-Agog and follow her commands/etc, you just get to harbor a number of friendly worms, like a tapeworm or something. Then you're mostly fine unless Gog decides she needs your specific location/person to explode - but most of the followers get to live relatively safely because why would she need to be on an onion farm in some random world? But if you decide to fight Gog-Agog, you will definitely be completely consumed by a tidal wave of worms, probably erupting spontaneously from the closest pet/family member/etc.

Gog doesn't realize it, but there is a constant deadly competition to be part of her entourage, because it turns out the safest place to avoid bursting into a pile worms so that Gog can visit someone/somewhere is directly next to the current pile of worms, because she's already there.

Maybe she showers her entourage in all sorts of earthly pleasures or grants them whatever they desire. It's possible that they would be happily willing to serve her in exchange for the small risk of exploding from the inside at any given moment.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"The worms eat the sadness parts of your brain."

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I stand by everyone in Throne has already been seeded with immortal god worms from the constant popping clowns. It's just best not to think about it and try not to fall for all the devils trying to trick you into buying anti worm medicines.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 13, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dead Reckoning posted:

"The worms eat the sadness parts of your brain."

Extremely compelling, I kind of hope that ends up being why

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Everyone Loves Gog-Agog, because they are incapable of not doing so.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

wiegieman posted:

Everyone Loves Gog-Agog, because they are incapable of not doing so.

She gives them worm feelings inside.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Eh, everything we're seeing so far suggests it's an involuntary hivemind, although she seems aware of herself enough to not unintentionally infect anyone (seeing as how she somehow has infested 111,111 worlds, presumably, but not all of throne as well).

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Eh, everything we're seeing so far suggests it's an involuntary hivemind, although she seems aware of herself enough to not unintentionally infect anyone (seeing as how she somehow has infested 111,111 worlds, presumably, but not all of throne as well).

Well now, technically she just rules 111,111 worlds, there might not be anything in the agreement about her not spreading some extra worms around as long as they don't take over. After all, I bet Mammon has loans and investments and currency circulating through all kinds of places that aren't technically his worlds, and that's basically the same thing, right? Capitalism is just worms without the benefits.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well, yeah, it's possible that she hasn't infected all of them, but I'd be willing to bet that being what she is, she's technically been to more of her worlds than any of the other 6 (well, more like she is simultaneously at more of her worlds than they have been to). Regardless, she's "The great devourer" and "the sourge of worlds", so I'm betting A) she has no "voluntary" followers (or, like an elder god of apocalypse, all her willing followers are deranged) and B) she intentionally does not - or is somehow forced not to - infect those outside of her worlds (or inside throne). Clearly, she spends a lot of time there, having the paradise dome in Throne and all.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Look man if you gave me a worm and said if I put it in my ear I'll never feel bad again but there's a chance a demigod will burst fully formed from my body there is a nonzero chance I'd be open to that offer, especially in a world as rotten as K6BD's colonized and stripmined husks

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I might be duwne with the cluwne if she has sadbrain curing powers.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Look man if you gave me a worm and said if I put it in my ear I'll never feel bad again but there's a chance a demigod will burst fully formed from my body there is a nonzero chance I'd be open to that offer, especially in a world as rotten as K6BD's colonized and stripmined husks
"My man, have you tried black glass?"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mindblast posted:

Let's turn that sadbrains into a gladbrains :cb:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mindblast posted:

"You put ole Inky-bus in your head, and all he taught you was dependency, massive insecurity and a few tricks of the Art. Put me, your pal Gog-Agog, in your head, and you'll never feel insecure again. You won't worry about what those other girls think, because I'll gobble up self-criticism, crippling depression, existential dread, and the red one who swears a lot!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

fadam posted:

Is there an easy way to read this offline on iOS? I have a flight later tonight and I’m in interested in finally giving this a shot after reading/backing Lancer.

You can buy them on Comixology, and they seem to be on sale currently.

https://www.comixology.com/search/items?search=kill+6+billion+demons&subType=COLLECTIONS

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I wonder how many aspects of Gog were already planned back in the original mspa forums version of the story

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

IUG posted:

You can buy them on Comixology, and they seem to be on sale currently.

https://www.comixology.com/search/items?search=kill+6+billion+demons&subType=COLLECTIONS

The problem with this is the lack of alt-text and text bits, which are some of the best and most important parts of the story.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Instead of Grandpa Nurgle and diseases there's your pal Gog-Agog and worms.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well based on the Patreon preview we're about to get some clarification on exactly how Gog-Agog's worms work.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*zoom in to worm level*

Oh hey each of them has gog's face :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges