Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, the conservative Cuban boomers are being deported but their rapidly leftist kids are allowed to stay because they're born in the US and thus citizens, right?

to assume logic or coherence to an expanding genocide is to hunt for madness

a lot of their kids are pretty lovely but not as lovely as their parents

still plenty of Sabine Mengele-Eichmann's out there to scream from their mcmansion about how their grandparents provided much needed jobs to cane field slaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, the conservative Cuban boomers are being deported but their rapidly leftist kids are allowed to stay because they're born in the US and thus citizens, right?

if they were born here and if the ice agent bothers to check.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
reminds me of that quote about someone's grandmother hating communists right up to her grave because they stole her favorite horses

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Not stole, redistributed.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

AkumaHokoru posted:

I mean, ICE can detain a legal resident if they suspect(person is brown) their documents might be forged, even if they have no reason to suspect they are not genuine, and completely legit. Since it's immigration court, you might not get access to legal council unless you have someone outside who knows you've been arrested by ICE and can get in contact with a immigration lawyer to make them look up your records instead of slow walk the process for a year while you stew in jail.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Kind of a meta post here, but:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-05-anger-health-older-adults-sadness.html

Right-wing media: the most protracted form of suicide cult.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Voting for Trump is a strong indicator that your ding-dong don't work, so I'm not surprised.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Halloween Jack posted:

Voting for Trump is a strong indicator that your ding-dong don't work, so I'm not surprised.

Post trump voters realizing they're Bob Dole ITT

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

i can easily believe that the sp community also voted for trump

(warning: reddit link)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ElGroucho posted:

Good

Cubans are by far the worst allies for hispanic immigrants

I've met more sympathetic rednecks in W Virginia

No joke. We are garbage as a whole. We really think we're better than the rest of the immigrant community.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
y’all escaped COMMUNISM and bootstrapped yourself here to work like reality intends unlike those leeches fleeing genocides

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
*gets embargoed for decades*

"Why would Castro do that?"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

AkumaHokoru posted:

Yeah, this. There are stories of US citizens being stripped of citizenship and deported for being the wrong color or being born along the border. Passports don't mean poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also there's no guarantee that being anywhere near the border is necessary to get suspected! The US has border patrol checkpoints in multiple points on the interstate far from the actual border where they check every car for citizenship. In practice they simply ask "Are you a citizen?" and if you don't look Hispanic they'll wave you through. If you do, expect a more thorough investigation. Hope you keep your birth certificate and other documentation on hand 24/7 in case you get arrested just for driving around Texas!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hate this country so much

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hate this country so much

smdh the dumbass lib who wanted a lynching sooooo bad and bought you that av still hasn't bought you a new one now that they've been proven super wrong what's the world comin to

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
hey guys I’m starting to think that the guy who got into a trade war with a country that craps out whole cities just for fun might be a moron :ohdear:

quote:

On Monday, China announced that:

Category 1 (includes cotton, machinery, grains) went from 10% to 25%

Category 2 (includes aircraft parts, optical instruments, certain types of furniture) went from 10% to 20%

Category 3 (includes corn flour, wine) went from 5% to 10%

Category 4 (includes certain types of chemical, rare earths, medical equipment like ultrasound and MRI machines) stayed the same at 5%

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dr. Killjoy posted:

hey guys I’m starting to think that the guy who got into a trade war with a country that craps out whole cities just for fun might be a moron :ohdear:
I notice that consumer and enterprise electronics aren't on that list.

I think I just heard a big sigh of relief coming from Cupertino.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
isn't china like the main/only place where they're actually mining rare earths

lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Killjoy posted:

These are all laser-targeted to maximize the pain to Trump country and to the districts/home states of big GOP pols.

It's pretty funny.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zeroisanumber posted:

These are all laser-targeted to maximize the pain to Trump country and to the districts/home states of big GOP pols.

It's pretty funny.

guess the good ol' chinese communist party hasn't given up on collective punishment after all, good on them

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The GOP has a message for farmers struggling under Trupm's erratic trade policies

quote:

Tom Cotton Tells Farmers To Suck It Up: At Least You’re Not Fighting In A Real War

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) downplayed the “sacrifice” that farmers will have to make to adjust to tariffs on Chinese imports by calling the offering “minimal” in comparison with what soldiers and “fallen heroes” make.

There will be some sacrifices on the part of Americans, I grant you that, but I also would say that sacrifice is pretty minimal compared to the sacrifices that our soldiers make overseas that are fallen heroes that are laid to rest in Arlington make,” he told “CBS This Morning” as Gayle King pushed back, saying “you can’t compare those two sacrifices.”

“When I’m at home in Arkansas, I hear from farmers who are worried about opening up new markets and getting their products to market, but they also understand that China is a serious competitor to the United States and wants to displace us around the world,” he said. “And they look at the sacrifices that soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines make around the world and they’re willing to bear some of the sacrifices in the short term, to hopefully in the long term to ensure our longterm prosperity and security.”
That message is: "Eat poo poo, you loving pussies"

(via: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tom-cotton-farmers-sacrifice-real-war )

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i take it back i love this country

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

FMguru posted:

The GOP has a message for farmers struggling under Trupm's erratic trade policies

"Be happy you're going broke and in debt for life instead of those pawns dying overseas for my oil." -Republican Senator #1021

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

(via: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tom-cotton-farmers-sacrifice-real-war )

God they don't give a single poo poo about people and every now and then the mask slips and lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminds me of that quote about someone's grandmother hating communists right up to her grave because they stole her favorite horses

The Ayn Rand Story

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

FMguru posted:

those heroes that all died under Cottons command, because if Iran and not at all that he was a bad officer

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

God they don't give a single poo poo about people and every now and then the mask slips and lol

What? Every single one of the chuds posted itt believes that and were nodding along in agreement with him.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's pretty funny.

I always feel oddly flattered when this happens.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

https://youtu.be/fXy0tZ5eCG4

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i wonder if trump will throw more multi-billion dollar subsidies sooner than later. A lot of grain farmers have already locked in a price for the fall harvest. those that havent will be boned lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

i wonder if trump will throw more multi-billion dollar subsidies sooner than later. A lot of grain farmers have already locked in a price for the fall harvest. those that havent will be boned lol

I think they put forward another 15 billion, once they realized that the money is actually primarily going to agribusiness either directly or through rent extraction, they marked it down as yet another vector to funnel taxpayer money to the already rich

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's pretty funny.

The chuds will just blame the Chinese for the pain and the whole mess reinforces Trump's narrative. If the Chinese really wanted him to back off, they'd gently caress with corporate class interests like how the shutdown ended immediately after the air travel system was disrupted.

This whole thing is a pantomime for conservative voters.

Nothus has issued a correction as of 13:38 on May 14, 2019

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It probably isn't in PRC interests to have Trump back off. Destroying America's international credibility and soft power (can it go any further?) is probably more worthwhile to the CPC than some short-term pain if they're banking on Trump losing the presidency in 2020.

China: Responsible international partner.

America: Tantrum throwing baby nation.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Zeroisanumber posted:

It is the duty of every citizen to give their life for the state. One way or another

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I hope China busts in our rear end

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It is the duty of every citizen to give their life for the state. One way or another

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElGroucho posted:

I hope China busts in our rear end

Didnt she die like ten years ago?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

Didnt she die like ten years ago?

no it has only been like 3 years

Adbot