Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
oh ya right yara went back to her home planet a while ago and nobodys cared since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I really need to catch up to this goddamn thread but drat y'all move so fast and I'm already struggling to keep up with the other 3 !!!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Lochlan_S/status/1128088472688791552

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lmao

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

lol @ the mental gymnastics people are now doing to justify not having to go to get their child's name changed by deed poll. "Um, I mean Hitler did paint some stuff too, so he wasn't all bad".

Also the pub reaction video is full of great shots of people's souls being crushed...

..and some questionable reactions..

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Goon spotted

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Kak posted:

I need some closure for Ser Pounce

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/11/game-of-thrones-ser-pounce-dead/

quote:

“Cersei hated the name ‘Ser Pounce’ so much she could not allow him to survive,” showrunner David Benioff tells EW. “So she came up with her most diabolical [execution]. Ser Pounce’s death was so horrible we couldn’t even put it on the air.”

:smith:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Durzel posted:

..and some questionable reactions..

that girl is me listening from the kitchen at work through two screenings

something about basking in live reactions of a bar full of excited people screaming and cheering for dany, thinking she took off to fly to the red keep to personally execute cersei, and then the sudden change in the air when she started burning smallfolk does a body good. the mumbles. the quiet gasps and boos. the lack of any cheering or clapping for the entire rest of the episode, save for some half-hearted excitement during cleganebowl.

the grown man i spotted thru the pass, sobbing

if i had a dick i woulda been rock hard basically for most of my work day

anyway then i got home and the episode highkey owned and that girl was also me as i watched it

that's the face of a book reader basking in the same things i did and i feel a kinship with her

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

that woman is all of us

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i loving hate reaction videos. gently caress off!!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

etalian posted:

I'm disappointed that James Purefoy didn't show up on GoT.

Maybe as a nude extra cameo.

he woulda been a kickin rad mance raydar

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

esperterra posted:

he woulda been a kickin rad mance raydar

He was tipped for it

MANCE RAYDER – DOMINIC WEST
The Wire‘s Dominic West turned down the role of Mance Rayder, the role eventually going to Ciarán Hinds, recognized for playing Gaius Julius Caesar in HBO’s Rome. James Purefoy, another Rome actor, was also tipped for the role but eventually dismissed interest.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

is tormund still mance rayder?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The pilot had two major changes - Daenarys was Tamzin Merchant not Emilia Clarke, but more interesting was Caitlyn who was Jennifer Ehle aka Elizabeth Bennet from the definitive BBC Pride and Prejudice.

Also the Rome news speaker was originally meant to be Illyrio and he was perfect for that. That he didnt last past the pilot is so sad.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

that woman is all of us

I was so full of childlike glee when that first swath of dragon fire hit civilians.

I knew at that exact moment the hot takes would sustain me for a thousand years.

They are not disappointing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lid posted:

He was tipped for it

MANCE RAYDER – DOMINIC WEST
The Wire‘s Dominic West turned down the role of Mance Rayder, the role eventually going to Ciarán Hinds, recognized for playing Gaius Julius Caesar in HBO’s Rome. James Purefoy, another Rome actor, was also tipped for the role but eventually dismissed interest.

yah i remember that vaguely, shame he's such a top tier bro and refused to work w/ hbo again after what they did to rome

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I love Ciarian Hinds but Mance is a charismatic rogue through and through whereas hes a dominating thespian like Charles Dance. It was a poor casting choice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I was so full of childlike glee when that first swath of dragon fire hit civilians.

I knew at that exact moment the hot takes would sustain me for a thousand years.

They are not disappointing.

not only that but the satisfaction of confirming that the one, single thing about dany that i have ever found interesting is indeed her endpoint makes me v happy tbh. especially after spending so many years thinking D&D were going to pussy out what always seemed so obviously set up in the books.

tbh getting a metaphorical chub just thinkin bout it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

not only that but the satisfaction of confirming that the one, single thing about dany that i have ever found interesting is indeed her endpoint makes me v happy tbh. especially after spending so many years thinking D&D were going to pussy out what always seemed so obviously set up in the books.

tbh getting a metaphorical chub just thinkin bout it

God yes, after the crazy racist conqueror became "a feminist icon" I was like oh no, she's just going to win by default.

But they did it. They actually followed through with "you're going to feel really stupid rewatching this knowing how it ends and seeing the 850 meter tall red flags".

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I unironically loved this episode. Co-workers losing their poo poo about it today was just the cherry on top.

How the gently caress do people think that a show that has just about every female character get raped is going to have a happy ending.

It's not Game of Incels

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

turns out the red wedding was all the Dany stans

looking foward to jon putting down the mad slay qween in a hilarious scene of Emelia Clark looking confused while she gets stabbed

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I like watching those Burlington Bar GoT reaction videos because I like watching idiots cry and get upset

I also like BStucThaPoet's GoT reviews because they are usually quite funny

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Frankly it's dangerous pinning your flag to the mast of any character in GoT, but doing it to one that has form for burning people alive and very clearly requires total devotion and adulation at all times seems especially dumb. I don't get how people didn't see this coming, it's been telegraphed for forever.

There's plenty of dumb poo poo in the show you can criticise in terms of undoing character arcs, rushing, etc.. but Dany's characterisation has been consistent, she has always seemed one slight away from total nuclear annihilation. Also lol at how it was totally sane and good that she needed to have several people counselling her at all times against her worst impulses, like that's definitely the mark of a natural leader. It's pretty dumb that it took Jon being known as a Targ for the "smart" people in the show to think "hmm maybe this hair trigger despot isn't the best choice to be on the throne".

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

final episode starts with dany killing hot pie with a dragon, her reasoning being "gently caress that guy lol"

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

lmao

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Elevator Screamer posted:

Post-credits scene of the next episode, fade from black to Edmure Tully still chained up in the dungeon.

"I say, hello? Chaps, I've been down here a frightful long time. Can anyone hear me? I am a Lord, you know. Commander of a wonderfully big army. I bet I'd be jolly useful for whatever japes you crazy cats have planned".

edmure was the smartest character in the show, he still has a mill and now the mountain lost his head anyway

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

MeatwadIsGod posted:

As his first royal decree, Bran will appoint a Groom of the Stool. The Game of Thrones sequel series will be about several families vying for this highly coveted position. The "throne" is a toilet you see

"The King shits, and the Hand wipes"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bombadilillo posted:

They didnt specifically show the throne room destroyed? Does the iron throne still exist?

Dragonfire can't melt steel thrones.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

God's work been done here.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

reposting so we know where we at

Waltzing Along posted:

- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

also went through my post history looking for the quote, and found this

mike12345 posted:

btw there's a russian margaery cosplayer who looks a bit different

hehe nice

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

mike12345 posted:

reposting so we know where we at

Not surprised, but Bran? He's a pale make up application away from being Richmond.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Yeah I just can't understand how they would get king Bran, Bronn on a council, or Jon taking the black. Bran doesn't give a poo poo about worldly concerns, Bronn just a big bed and the bad pussy, and there's no reason for the watch to continue existing.

So given the recent developments, it's probably going to happen.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Every small council needs at least one person with a history of betraying their superiors, it's in the Westerosi constitution.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

Necros posted:

someone with adobe premier make an anime music video of dany burning the children of kings landing set to Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls

someone on the r word site did something to that effect
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/boa5my/daenerys_storms_kings_landing_but_to_metallicas/

Anyone wondering why Dany didn't take the city down earlier it's like asking why Goku didn't just go Super Saiyan the moment he landed on Namek to take out Frieza? Cersei had to kill Krillin to make Dany go SSJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

"King Bran! The ironborn are up to their old tricks again, reaving and raping! What do we do about it?"

*Bran stares intently at his ministers* It is up to you. *is wheeled off by a servant to sit under a tree and brood all day*

Fantastic resolution to the throne game. Good jobs all around.