Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You have sold me on the barb

Blow all your challenge rift blood shards on boots as a lv1 barb. Get lut socks for maximum jumpy.

I think they're on the lv1 pool at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

DrSeRRoD posted:

Just a seasonal friendly reminder that if you want to start off your season with a nice advantage, don't complete the upcoming Challenge Rift. It's currently still the old one (Crusader), but will roll over in about 35 minutes to the new one (Demon Hunter).

I guess it's a good thing I sucked at the Crusader one on my attempts at it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Well this is great. On my Switch, my non-seasonal stash contents appear to have completely vanished.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I guess it's a good thing I sucked at the Crusader one on my attempts at it.

The new DH one is very easy, so no worries. I don't even play DH much and was able to just hold down RMB and hitting the other keys when I find elites and get ahead of the clock pretty easily. 4man should be even easier.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Thankfully they usually save easy ones for the season start. I've never had one not be able to done on the first try with a 4 man group mashing buttons blindly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wouldn't multiplayer defeat the purpose of racing against the original run? How does that work?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You have sold me on the barb

Once you get enough fury generation and cooldown reduction, you,re the fastest thing in the game making holes in the ground ilike Paul Bunyon and humming this for 6 weeks:
(to the tune of space jam)
Leap, leap and SLAM,
then leap and quake and SLAM

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You can do CRs for the reward cache or for the Leaderboard. 4mans are basically for the reward. Monster health and stuff does scale with more people so there have been some CRs where it was actually easier to do solo.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

^ Makes it much easier, plus since you may likely be in a 4man already for leveling on a fresh season, you can just knockout the CR together and then get started on leveling once you're done gambling. Whether you beat it by 1 second or 1 minute, you get the reward so repeating it is useless unless you want to push that leaderboard while everyone's playing at the launch of the season.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zarin posted:

They were gonna up it so that those players could get another tab for the next 5 seasons, but have seemed to backtrack on that citing "technical difficulties".

The easiet fix would be to make all gear take up one space. That would instantly increase everyone's stash space.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

The easiet fix would be to make all gear take up one space. That would instantly increase everyone's stash space.

The technical difficulty apparently is all items in stash must be synced across all players in game. So more items = more latency/memory issues. Making gear take up one space wouldn't solve the problem.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bamhand posted:

The technical difficulty apparently is all items in stash must be synced across all players in game. So more items = more latency/memory issues. Making gear take up one space wouldn't solve the problem.

Well, that sure is... a thing... :blizzard:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Tahirovic posted:

What website do people use for builds these days, given diablofans shut down?

I like Icey Veins. Their builds generally seem reasonably easy to follow and up to date:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Rinkles posted:

Wouldn't multiplayer defeat the purpose of racing against the original run? How does that work?

Near as I can tell, the purpose of CRs is a quick method of getting bounty mats without having to do bounties :v:

I mean, yeah, it trivializes the content, but as far as I'm concerned, most of them aren't really all that fun, and I definitely wouldn't touch them if they didn't give the reward. (Even then, there are some weeks that I forget it! :negative:)

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I've needed T16 in my life.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

tetsuo posted:

I've needed T16 in my life.

Welp, guess I can test my T16 farm build now and see if it will actually perform.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

So what's the new thing they added for ancient/primal puzzle rings, is it just a boosted Vault with some extra goblins etc. or something more?

e: Yeah looks like the ancient version has every mob replaced with a goblin instead, nice. Primal might drop more ancient/primal loot?

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 15, 2019

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Primal puzzle is the same vault as ancient IIRC. At least it was on the PTR I thought.

Thinking I'm doing monk this season and see if I can do sage/sunwoku in T16 or not.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Never played a WD past level 30, it's the only class I've basically ignored. Would S17 be a good time to roll one? Can they take advantage of the LoN buff? Is that funny chicken build viable for farming and completing seasonal cheeves?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

WarMECH posted:

Never played a WD past level 30, it's the only class I've basically ignored. Would S17 be a good time to roll one? Can they take advantage of the LoN buff? Is that funny chicken build viable for farming and completing seasonal cheeves?

Yes.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Primal puzzle is the same vault as ancient IIRC. At least it was on the PTR I thought.

Thinking I'm doing monk this season and see if I can do sage/sunwoku in T16 or not.

With gold trinity it'll be a sinch.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

With gold trinity it'll be a sinch.

Just wondering if it'll have enough damage output, but I guess GR75 isn't that high.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I've done GRs higher than 75 while forgetting I was wearing my farming gear and survived. Was just extra squishy. Since you'll be getting gold still doing the torments, you'll be fine.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I still don't know what happened to the contents of my non-seasonal stash on Switch. My crafting goods, paragon levels, currencies and crafting materials did; essentially, everything *not* stash space dependent. All that poo poo was there when s.16 started; I still play off-season on the Switch because it's my go-to for public transit. Oh well; I didn't lose anything I can't get back, though I'm not the least bit looking forward to re-making a staff of herding.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So I'm thinking of getting back into this game since there's a new season about to drop and I'm bored as gently caress IRL, only thing, I haven't touched this game since the expansion with the edgy angel Malthael dropped, I did buy the Necro DLC too when it came out but never touched the game then, oops... anyway, what are seasons? I'm completely lost on all this, it looks like a whole different game then I'm used to, I'm seeing people talk about what's "best class to pick" for "rewards"... what? I'd like/want to get a "game plan" laid out ahead of time before I start, so what do I need to know about these rewards/limited time missables? Also since I've never done seasons before and this is #17, I'm guessing all the past rewards (1-16) I'll never see?

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 16, 2019

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
They're starting to rotate in older rewards again actually, so you'll have a chance to get the previous ones.

Seasons are a fresh start for everyone; to participate in a season you have to make a new seasonal character and you get nothing from your non-seasonal side of things.

No gold, no stash, nada. You also get a passive buff; S16 was a free RoRG, S17 will be a free LoN set.

Rewards include cosmetics and a free class set for completing certain objectives (the set is not exclusive to seasons, but a nice guaranteed way to gear up the character to get started).

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So this "free class set" is based on the class you picked/finish with? Is this why people (on reddit) are mostly saying they're all picking DH for this season (is that because DH's are OP or something and they want that free set?) or am I seeing more DH's because it's a meta speedrun thing people do for fun...

Also whats this about https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/bp4k72/as_a_witch_doctor_how_should_i_spend_my_challenge/

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 16, 2019

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Im_Special posted:

So this "free class set" is based on the class you picked/finish with?

The free set is based on the class you open the Haedrig's Gift items on:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019#haedrig

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Challenge Rifts. Basically they take a random person's (usually bad) character loadout from a GR45 or something and "challenge" you to complete their GR faster than they did; it's usually not that hard to do so, since you get as many tries as you want.

The important part about CRs is that the reward bag they give for beating the challenge time contains a bunch of materials, so if you do it on your seasonal character at the start of the season, you can upgrade all your artisans to maximum and maybe cube a couple generic legendaries like Leoric's Crown, and you can gamble at level 1 for particular legendaries (the Kadala item pool depends on the gambling character's level, and you want something that has intrinsic value even as its stats become less relevant at higher levels).

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Is broken promises viable to build around?

I was thinking of making a necro which focuses on IAS, crit damage, and intentionally forgoing crit chance. The idea would be to use the buffed iron rose to proc blood nova a stupid amount of times - guaranteeing a chain of 5 non-crits (thanks to my lovely crit chance) very quickly.

I'm reading different things about Funerary pick as well, will this proc the Iron Rose blood nova twice as much? I'm thinking it does NOT, in which case I might go for Trag'Oul's corroded fang, (that ring which sucks enemies in when they're cursed) and (that other ring for damage vs. CC'ed enemies), combined with aura of frailty.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Im_Special posted:

So this "free class set" is based on the class you picked/finish with? Is this why people (on reddit) are mostly saying they're all picking DH for this season (is that because DH's are OP or something and they want that free set?) or am I seeing more DH's because it's a meta speedrun thing people do for fun...

Also whats this about https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/bp4k72/as_a_witch_doctor_how_should_i_spend_my_challenge/

People are picking DH because now the Challenge Rift reward will contain a decent amount of death's breaths (35 I think). So with that they can fully upgrade the blacksmith, then craft a level 70 rare dagger, then upgrade the rare in kanai's cube to a legendary, then extract the power into the cube to use it for leveling. For DH there are only 2 legendary daggers and both will be a massive buff for leveling that will allow you to level to 70 on a higher difficulty/faster than normal most likely. Also the season reward set for them is Shadow, which is one of, if not the most powerful GR set for DH and easy to gear for because it uses one of the aforementioned daggers.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is the DH set easy to play? I have never played max level DH and would be willing to try something new but I like fairly lazy builds. My favorites are bell monk, lazybones necro, and WW barb.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I played Shadow Impale for the first time last season, and I was blown away by how great it was. My Multishot build was better geared, so I could push higher with it, but Shadow still murdered things.

Oh, and yeah, I found it easy to play.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Suburban Dad posted:

People are picking DH because now the Challenge Rift reward will contain a decent amount of death's breaths (35 I think). So with that they can fully upgrade the blacksmith, then craft a level 70 rare dagger, then upgrade the rare in kanai's cube to a legendary, then extract the power into the cube to use it for leveling. For DH there are only 2 legendary daggers and both will be a massive buff for leveling that will allow you to level to 70 on a higher difficulty/faster than normal most likely. Also the season reward set for them is Shadow, which is one of, if not the most powerful GR set for DH and easy to gear for because it uses one of the aforementioned daggers.

Kanai's cube, extracting power, is this new? wtf. But yeah, is my effort to research :science: I couldn't resist this dumb clickbait title, watched it, and the popularity makes more sense now, lots of DH builds, many are very strong and cheapish = so popular. I was planning on doing a necro character because it's the only class I haven't played yet, but for that I just wanna do a chill story mode playthrough, for all the sweet Necro+Shen dialog. But I think DH will be best to play for the season since it's about getting strong fast and getting your rewards at the end, I can always do necro second.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is the DH set easy to play? I have never played max level DH and would be willing to try something new but I like fairly lazy builds. My favorites are bell monk, lazybones necro, and WW barb.

Shadow is easy to gear up and extremely tanky for a DH build, but it's a bit more involved than clearing a screen with left-click. You have to keep a couple buffs active off cooldown and it works best when you ignore white mobs and zip around at 10,000mph looking for elites to blow up. Nothing in this game is particularly "difficult" however and Shadow still murders things even if you play it less than optimally.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What LoN builds are out there that use completely different skills than the regular sets? I know there's a WD Spirit Barrage build and some thorns stuff. Anything else that's kind of neat?

I'm not interested in builds like Blessed Shield Crusader with LoN instead of Akkhan's but otherwise plays the same way, but clunkier!

mewse
May 2, 2006

bamhand posted:

What LoN builds are out there that use completely different skills than the regular sets? I know there's a WD Spirit Barrage build and some thorns stuff. Anything else that's kind of neat?

I'm not interested in builds like Blessed Shield Crusader with LoN instead of Akkhan's but otherwise plays the same way, but clunkier!

DH get a LoN rapidfire build courtesy of a new quiver multiplier. Turns you into a rotating turret

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

mewse posted:

DH get a LoN rapidfire build courtesy of a new quiver multiplier. Turns you into a rotating turret

Oh neat.

Trap DH build when? I haven't used those since original D3. There's even items that buff traps but there's not enough.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Corpse Explosion would in theory be a fun build to try out with LoN because it only uses Inarius for the damage and there are more potential supporting legendaries than there are slots while wearing a 6pc set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

bamhand posted:

WD darts was buffed as well.