Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

e: my grammar insecurities lead me to making double post mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

My sister has a TT-RS and her friends always tease her that it's a car for old men. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Is this a toxx?

too easy to disprove

I like it though, more than the z4. it's 2019 who cares about fake vents and manuals, nothing is real any more. the 90s japan sportscar era is dead and it's never coming back

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I still don't like the 86. :colbert:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I don't mind the Supra. It's not that good looking but it's not really that ugly to me either.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Dadliest Worrier posted:

New car question: I’m renting and the choice was between a Sentra, a Rogue, and an EcoSport. I chose the Ford. Did I make the right choice? I feel like “stay out of Nissans” is a good rule of thumb for life.

Yeah I'd probably take the EcoSport too.

The 2019 Altima isn't too bad looking for an economy sedan and the interior looks pretty good but then I remember Nissan's godawful CVT.

I'm also curious to see how their variable compression engine holds up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Infinotize posted:

a year from now everyone in here will love the supra

I mean it’s fine but like we waited 20 years for this?!?

It’s underwhelming.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

was the ttrs the one clarkson was driving on the grand tour that he loved but the brakes kept loving squealing and you could hear em the whole time and that's why he said you couldn't buy one?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Dadliest Worrier posted:

New car question: I’m renting and the choice was between a Sentra, a Rogue, and an EcoSport. I chose the Ford. Did I make the right choice? I feel like “stay out of Nissans” is a good rule of thumb for life.

I mean it's Morton's Fork (pitchfork?) any way you slice it.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I got lucky: at the last minute, an Optima came up. I took that instead. Apparently there's a trim level that gets 245 hp, and this one definitely is not that. Beats the hell out of the alternatives, though.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

big trivia FAIL posted:

was the ttrs the one clarkson was driving on the grand tour that he loved but the brakes kept loving squealing and you could hear em the whole time and that's why he said you couldn't buy one?

I won’t get carbon ceramic breaks if I get one so this shouldn’t be an issue.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also throwing my hat into the ring to say the mk4 supra is ugly

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I haven't looked at TT-RS's in a while, I wonder if they've gotten to a price point I'd consider reasonable? I'll have to check when I get home. I know that RS3's haven't moved into that range so I won't be surprised when the TT hasn't either.

I've also been thinking about the Chevy SS a lot and I've seen at least 4 of them in the less than 24 hours I've been in KC. It's probably a sign

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TT-RS starts at $75k canadian. You can get 6 nissan micras for that. that combined have 654hp, 18 cylinders and 30 forward gears to the Audi's 394hp/5 cylinders/7 gears.

Barely even seems like a fair comparison.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Micra Cup looks fun.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Frond posted:

The Micra Cup looks fun.

And if you have 6 micras, you're only 5 friends away from having your own!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Dadliest Worrier posted:

I got lucky: at the last minute, an Optima came up. I took that instead. Apparently there's a trim level that gets 245 hp, and this one definitely is not that. Beats the hell out of the alternatives, though.

I didn’t know that was available. One of them tried to pass me from a stoplight the other day and I was surprised how quick it was.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Kraftwerk posted:

Look, I'm a victim of the environment in which I came out of. But I am willing to make ammends and change the way I view things. I'm still going to go try it out on its own merits and make an impartial decision.
We all make mistakes and since I'm not doubling down on mine I'd appreciate you guys cutting me bit of slack instead of carting me through town while people throw vegetables at me for a public crucifixion just because I violated thread orthodoxy with a minor irrational worry. It's almost like you were all waiting for one slip of the tongue just to dogpile someone because it brings you pleasure.

The only part about this all that's annoying is you turned the car news thread into your own personal recommend me a car thread then ignored everyone's advice and jumped at the first whisper of something German, even though it violates the 'longitudinal RWD' that you'd been sperging about this whole time.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Rented a 4Runner SR5 for a few days. "Chunky" is probably the best word I can think of for how it felt and drove. Interior was okay, but the whole 2000s-era silver-painted boombox theme deserves to languish in the past where it belongs.

There's also little sensation of speed in that thing. 80 mph feels like 40 mph and 40 mph feels like 20.

Also, the third row is reserved for midgets, contortionists, small children and sadomasochists.

Dadliest Worrier posted:

Good choice. Optima's not bad, but I'd rather have the SX Turbo if I were to keep one for a while.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 14, 2019

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Rented a 4Runner SR5 for a few days. "Chunky" is probably the best word I can think of for how it felt and drove. Interior was okay, but the whole 2000s-era silver-painted boombox theme deserves to languish in the past where it belongs.

There's also little sensation of speed in that thing. 80 mph feels like 40 mph and 40 mph feels like 20.

Also, the third row is reserved for midgets, contortionists, small children and sadomasochists.

Good choice. Optima's not bad, but I'd rather have the SX Turbo if I were to keep one for a while.

I dont hate it, its an honest BoF SUV, they just charge too much for it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Every 4Runner I have ridden in or driven sucks, not enough leg room for the size of the vehicle, drives like dogshit and is way too expensive. Might as well go all out and get a crew cab pickup.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Olympic Mathlete posted:

y'all remember when Toyota were like "yeah this is pretty much the new Supra for 2020"

I don't think anyone should have expected that wedge front to survive pedestrian standards.

Infinotize posted:

a year from now everyone in here will love the supra

First reviews are already "it's not that bad" on the shifting.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Every 4Runner I have ridden in or driven sucks, not enough leg room for the size of the vehicle, drives like dogshit and is way too expensive. Might as well go all out and get a crew cab pickup.

270 hp and it felt and sounded like it was straining to hustle its bulk around. Toyota really needs to up the beans on that poor 4.0 liter.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Im a stupid idiot that loves the way the FK8 Civic Type R looks and I love the new Supra

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Dadliest Worrier posted:

Kias are really nice cars. The rental Forte I had for a while was incredibly bland and inoffensive, but it wasn't a bad ride at all.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

LeeMajors posted:

I mean it’s fine but like we waited 20 years for this?!?

It’s underwhelming.

Can we skip ahead to the part where one of the following happens:

1) Toyota says they will totally make a manual version if enough people buy the auto version first.
2) some Car magazine put a render of a convertible Supra on their 'cars to wait for list'
3) Toyota says that they wanted to throw more power at it and make it better, but it would have thrown off the weight distribution.
4)Toyota says that they wanted to throw more power at it and make it better, but doing so would have messed up the driving dynamics and 'feel'.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Solus posted:

Im a stupid idiot that loves the way the FK8 Civic Type R looks and I love the new Supra

I'm with you. I wouldn't call them beautiful but they look wild and sports cars need to look wild.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

Kias are really nice cars. The rental Forte I had for a while was incredibly bland and inoffensive, but it wasn't a bad ride at all.

Yeah, the car feels like it was built for a budget, but very well executed. Even things like the anchors for the car seats felt like they’d had a lot of thought put into them. Maybe I’ll take a look at Stingers when I start thinking about trading in my 328i.

Steely Dad fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 15, 2019

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Really late on this but:

Read about a new car you like? It’s not too feminine for guys is it?

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Paradoxish posted:

I've been driving the latest generation CEED (which is the European hatchback version of the Forte) for about half a year now and I'm really happy with it. It's not exactly fast (8.9s 0-100km/h), but the difference in responsiveness when compared to something like a 2018 Corolla is night and day. As a bonus, it has tons of technology, a good looking interior and a great 7-year warranty.

This car has actually turned me into a bit of a Kia fanboy.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, a couple years ago me and some friends took one of their current-gen 4Runners to the beach and man it is tight inside. I was wishing we had taken my truck after about a half hour

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The last good 4Runner was 4th gen and the best one was the 3rd gen dont @ me.

New ones are like body-on-frame minivans, but with no leg room.

The only plus is that it remained truer to its spirit than the newer Pathfinders.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sunaurus posted:

This car has actually turned me into a bit of a Kia fanboy.

Kia is genuinely designing some of the nicest cars around at the moment, just good looking simple, uncluttered design.

I do wish they'd released the Sportspace concept though because that thing is a handsome car:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Kia is genuinely designing some of the nicest cars around at the moment, just good looking simple, uncluttered design.

I do wish they'd released the Sportspace concept though because that thing is a handsome car:

*Sells 500 units*
Fanbois: “Why won’t anyone make wagons anymore???”

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
KIA should just not put their badge on the car. They'd probably sell more.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

That glass roof would be a nightmare of a greenhouse in anywhere but the snowy region pictured.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

KIA should just not put their badge on the car. They'd probably sell more.

Or start over with their dealer network. Honestly that's the biggest barrier for me. I haven't had a positive experience yet.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

*Sells 500 units*
Fanbois: “Why won’t anyone make wagons anymore???”

*Costs $70,000, is FWD with a 3 cylinder engine and a CVT*
Automaker: "Why are we only selling 500 units???"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Stingers look awkward and cheap as gently caress in person, they’re like a dollar store copy of an Audi that’s trying too hard

Also lol at sperging over absolutely having to have a longitudinal engine RWD car because your dipshit Fast n Furious friends keep saying it’s the only True Car, then immediately ignoring all the good recommendations itt to focus on a $65k Golf platform car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

BloodBag posted:

That glass roof would be a nightmare of a greenhouse in anywhere but the snowy region pictured.

Looking at the thumbnail, I didn’t realize it was a single piece of glass including the windshield. Very cool and practical when you get a cracked windshield that needs to be replaced to pass inspection.

Despite that greenhouse, it’s got good lines. Too bad the stinger kinda fits that niche of a liftback GT car.