Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Lol Tank Stars is so broken. Anyone know why in PvP games you never start first? At least not for me over many many games I never start first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chinook posted:

What are some of the iPhone exclusive (for whatever reason) games that really need to be on Android?

I'm curious because I have access to an iPhone, I just forget the ones that get brought up a lot. 868 HACK comes to mind.

I think a bunch of Popcap games were never ported to Android, though most of them are available on PC. Bookworm specifically is the one I really wish had been.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ghost Trick never made it to Android.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Shaocaholica posted:

Lol Tank Stars is so broken. Anyone know why in PvP games you never start first? At least not for me over many many games I never start first.

Because it isn't actually PvP, possibly. Alot of games like that are just solo against bots with names they draw from other players.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Pokeyman game out soft launched in Australia called Pokémon Rumble Rush. It'll be out elsewhere in a few months presumably.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Pokeyman game out soft launched in Australia called Pokémon Rumble Rush. It'll be out elsewhere in a few months presumably.

Early reviews look really promising:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Durango: Wild Lands just did a global release apparently, anyone get into the beta? I've played a little of it and so far it seems fine, a bit like an isometric Ark.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

New Leaf posted:

Early reviews look really promising:

The duality of man.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Meat Grinder

The dev posted:

"Tired of the same type of game endless games? Then we will please you with an excellent game meat grinder. If you are looking for an interesting, fun free endless games exciting endless game, then you can safely install Meat Grinder. The game arcade is characterized as an endless game in which you can play with one hand. At first glance endless games for girls game is very simple, but it is worth playing a couple of seconds and it becomes it is clear that this endless games for boys game is not so simple. But with all this arcade games is very exciting and many will be to your liking. Especially at a time when you are bored or want to entertain yourself from the routine of being, arcade fire perfectly suits you do not have to make complex TV movements in order to play without internet games, you can play without internet games free in a relaxed rhythm. Graphics new games 2018 does not differ from something unusual since this game new games 2018 for girls is not a strategy, accordingly there are not many elements, but the meaning of the game arcade games offline is very interesting and relevant.

Who will use do not die for 100%?

Those who miss lunch or in line or in public transport. Fans of good quality games Those who are looking for a breathtaking game endless games offline For those who like games of infinite content Those who adore Arcade Games on passing levels.

The game endless games interesting is great for children, while it will contribute to the development of the following abilities in children, namely: attention, reaction, logic, the construction of the thinking strategy games free. It is not a logical infinity games that allows you to raise the level of fun and relaxation of the infinity games for girls, but the plot of the game is built in such a way that you will plan for games free download app for girls further actions, and improve reaction and attention. Thus for girls game game is great for everyone. The essence of endless falling you need to overcome all the obstacles during the fall, while for raising you need to open the umbrella, and this is done with a single finger tap on the screen new games for girls. At the same time, when lifting, it is important not to catch anything as with the free fall of new games. Why pay attention to this endless fall game. Well, firstly you will really enjoy the game without internet games for girls, secondly it will help develop your thinking and in the third it's free without internet games. In our time it is very difficult to take a child something that would be interesting and useful to him, because most children play off line games free 2018 brutal games where they just kill the various new games 2018 top free for boys shooters in general. Having stopped your choice on our infinity games for free you will give your child only positive result games free download. Game infinity games one line will suit both boys and girls of any age. And if you are an adult held person then you will not be ashamed to show this game new games 2018 top free for boys.

What advantages does the game without internet games for boys have in its arsenal:

1) The game for girls new games is free 2) Your phone does not hang or load 3) Convenience of management 4) Infinity of the gameplay games free 2018 5) Works without Internet

If you like excitement you can compete with your friends who will come to this for boys and girls games in other words who will score more for girls games for girls points. The main task is not to hurt infinity games connection obstacles and not let the little man die. We will be very grateful if you give us feedback games free download 2018 and after the game leave feedback for boys new games. We appreciate all the reviews, both positive and negative, of games free games. After all, criticism moves progress and the product is even better games free download app for girl. We value your opinion!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

We can still see the card digits

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It doesn't matter, it's the last 4 and not mine lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man finally seeing a new Kairosoft game in the store and oh boy another free stamina game is pretty depressing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Anyone know of a DS emulator that works for android? My handheld developed a bunch of dead pixels last night on the touchscreen.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Anyone know of a DS emulator that works for android? My handheld developed a bunch of dead pixels last night on the touchscreen.

Um drastic is quite good but paid I believe.
I think NDS Boy is free and works. I just use drastic though

There's also retroarch with the desmume core

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 16, 2019

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
I think I just lucked myself into an insanely good Dragoon build in Buriedbornes that is not only incredibly OP, but also generates a fuckton of soulstones.

If you're wondering why don't I look like a Dragoon in the screenshots, it's because Boiling Blood allows me to basically be a beast most of the time, which looks like it turns all cooldowns to 1. That, and the Wall of Meat paired with a Covering skill means I keep generating tons of barriers. The Brigandine armor is also really boss since its Second Wind means that I regenerate to full HP whenever Guts is procced. Basically I am never going to die even in a Zone room.

Now, I can't kill enemies quickly in Zone rooms due to my Dragoon being unable to deal any major damage due to Dragon Fang not producing Reflect. But I can also never die. I do, however, have a Productive Dragon Fang which generates soulstones every other time it is procced, at the cost of adding 5 turns to the cooldown but Beast mode turns its cooldown to 1 anyway. There doesn't seem to be a cap on how many soulstones you can generate this way, and in this fight alone I got around 500 soulstones for free.

So yeah, I think I'm having the best run here, not just in terms of OP-ness but also free loving soulstones for as long as this guy trucks on.

I hope he never dies.

EDIT: Oh and right after I posted this, I just got an upgrade for my Short Dragon Fang (which wasn't the best of modifiers especially now that I have Boiling Blood) to a Healing Dragon Fang. Lol.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 16, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AutoChess is now out in beta in the store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dragonest.autochess.google

As background, AutoChess is a Dota 2 mod that is really fun and got insanely popular (last I checked it was routinely top 10 game on Twitch). The guys who made the mod created a mobile game to separate it from the Dota 2 universe and (I assume) try to actually monetize it.

I just downloaded it but haven't tried a game yet. It looks surprisingly slick but is written in broken English/random Chinese and wanted phone call permissions for some reason?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hearthstone released their most invested solo player content. Chapter 1 is free. Chapters 2-5 either cost $7 each or 700 in game gold. Or $20 for the entire thing. They are releasing a chapter a week so I'm not sure how fun the whole thing will end up being. I had a good time with chapter 1 so it looks promising.

It is basically is a fully voice acted deck builder with the hearthstone engine. It is a lot more in depth then previous solo player content with Unlockables, multiple mode types, and actually deck editing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Hearthstone released their most invested solo player content. Chapter 1 is free. Chapters 2-5 either cost $7 each or 700 in game gold. Or $20 for the entire thing. They are releasing a chapter a week so I'm not sure how fun the whole thing will end up being. I had a good time with chapter 1 so it looks promising.

It is basically is a fully voice acted deck builder with the hearthstone engine. It is a lot more in depth then previous solo player content with Unlockables, multiple mode types, and actually deck editing.

I've never touched the game, though a few people I follow on Twitter play it, so I've been mildly curious about the game. I don't like playing phone games against other people, though, so when I heard about this upcoming mode (from this thread), I've been waiting to see how it plays out.

I'm glad it's off to a good start, and I hope it stays that way. Please keep the trip report coming!

Also, happy birthday, Shwqa!

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Is the dream quest designer still involved?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

AutoChess is now out in beta in the store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dragonest.autochess.google

As background, AutoChess is a Dota 2 mod that is really fun and got insanely popular (last I checked it was routinely top 10 game on Twitch). The guys who made the mod created a mobile game to separate it from the Dota 2 universe and (I assume) try to actually monetize it.

I just downloaded it but haven't tried a game yet. It looks surprisingly slick but is written in broken English/random Chinese and wanted phone call permissions for some reason?

It's real good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah it seems super well done in the few games I have played so far.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Paladinus posted:

The duality of man.

you can dodge with a swipe, but the combat isn't very deep. its basically get the right element advantage for the stage you're working on and grind catch levels

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Is anyone playing Ending Days? I never played Buried Bornes but it's by the same guy. It also feels a bit similar to dungeon maker in that one action = one day and there's a lot of poo poo going on that I don't understand due to Engrish or lack of explanation. Still, it's really addictive, got that "just one more fight!" feel to it.

Here's the description to uh, get a feel for the game:

quote:

After the end of the world, everything is over and the human race extinct.
The ancient guardian Eco who survived alone starts reckless battle with her immortality.
It is a folly like picking up a grain of diamond from the desert that continues to the horizon.
Still the girl never gives up.
She looks for “the future of hope” that resists all destinies…

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Autochess is pretty good, but the matches take a long time. 30mins plus for a phone game seems a bit excessive, ate like 30% of my battery too.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Is anyone playing Ending Days? I never played Buried Bornes but it's by the same guy. It also feels a bit similar to dungeon maker in that one action = one day and there's a lot of poo poo going on that I don't understand due to Engrish or lack of explanation. Still, it's really addictive, got that "just one more fight!" feel to it.

Here's the description to uh, get a feel for the game:

This looks like just more gacha anime poo poo

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It's more of a roguelike than a gacha game. The IAP are to buy characters if you don't want to wait to unlock them. I think maybe you can also buy some bonuses or something? It's similar to dungeon maker in that regard, probably buried bornes too.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

EdEddnEddy posted:

They are both full. Who do I poke to tell them to kick their inactive trash?

I dunno if you got in yet but the goon running it is kicking people that don't play enough, so keep trying I guess

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Yo I just upgraded to an S10 from a ZTE zmax pro, what are some good high end 3d games to try out?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My girlfriend is hooked on the Jeopardy app, which is like, fine, but gates your Jeopardy play behind in-game cash resources. She wants to stay f2p, but also wants, and I quote, "infinite money".

I'm not really experienced with these things, but is there something like cheatengine for client-side resource counts on rooted android phones? Or does even asking this count as :filez:?

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
Wow at the Huawei ban. Any hardcore Huawei loyalists might find it harder to game on mobile?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This looks like just more gacha anime poo poo

1) it isnt

2) do you really think the single slightly mad dude who made buriedbornes, of all games, has it in him to make a normal gacha waifu-collector? like, by himself? straight up?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ok, so Endingdays is basically like one of those business optimization simulators except that the business you're optimizing is an adventuring party. There is a RPG combat system grafted on--Buriedbornes veterans will find it instantly familiar--but it's the muscle to the simulator's skeleton.

The setup is: your two characters are dropped off 100 days(= map turns) before Satan is going to blow up the world. They are level 1 and are equipped with a rusty can opener and a t-shirt each. Satan is...not level 1. You have to make your party strong enough to kill him, but he also gets stronger as time passes, so it's a question of if you can scale superlinearly. It has a lot of levers you can pull to try and scale faster, and the interesting bit about the game is navigating the dependency graph well enough to first beat the game, then to kill Satan off earlier than day 100 (including an item modification system which brings back Path of Exile crafting PTSD). How efficiently you pull the levers determines whether or not your run is successful.

There is an internal gacha, but you get currency to use it by doing things in the game and you can't actually buy the currency with real money. You can buy individual characters out of the gacha but there's not that many of them and you get to pick two characters for free over the course of the early game, so there kind of isn't any point unless you want to buy the developer coffee or something. The rest of the gacha is metaprogression items.

Metaprogression is a lot less impactful than it is in BB. You get amulets just like you did in BB, but they open up alternate skillsets instead of starting your characters with a skill--there are some very powerful amulets out there, but they represent sidegrades from your characters' core skillset. They also represent an opportunity cost; skill points allocated to the amulet are ones that aren't going to core skills. Oracles, which replace contracts, are significantly weaker than they are in BB--if you've played that, imagine if all the contracts were poo poo like Piety+10 instead of Fairy Wings or whatever. Lab parts have been replaced by potential points, which you can allocate to individual characters to buy perks out of a large shared catalog, none of which are anywhere as near as absurd as going in with your pet Promotion + One Shot Aim + Infravision + Plating + Limit Break build in BB.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 20, 2019

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Ending Days is pretty cool but it seems to lag my device. Sometimes my touches don't register, and if I try to use a bunch of resist potions before a fight it will straight lock up for like, three seconds. Despite this I've beaten it, like, three times.

The review above gives a good overview. I really like it! It's very clearly by the same guy as BB, down to a bunch of the status effects being the same, but you now have two characters instead of one and it's much more possible to plan around getting certain builds, which makes it way more possible to plan out a run beforehand. It's definitely true that the metaprogression is toned down but it's also sort of concentrated, in that certain character + merchant combinations make builds viable/not viable and if you don't have them you can't really cobble together a mostly-there build.

Then again in BB you had to hunt around a ton for specific lab parts for specific builds and it's...way more forgiving than BB, in that regard.

It's also bonkers broken, like certain jobs are essentially useless and then certain skill combinations are hilarious, no-effort game-winners. Like, you can relatively easily put together a set of skills that ensures you literally cannot lose, so long as you press the right buttons. Oh! And unless it got fixed between today and a couple of days ago, the consumable that attaches extra effects to your skills isn't consumed when you use it, which is...look. It's not, like, 100% fully polished. It's still a lot of fun though.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i think they patched isolation to have a chance to fail now because :laffo:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

My girlfriend is hooked on the Jeopardy app, which is like, fine, but gates your Jeopardy play behind in-game cash resources. She wants to stay f2p, but also wants, and I quote, "infinite money".

I'm not really experienced with these things, but is there something like cheatengine for client-side resource counts on rooted android phones? Or does even asking this count as :filez:?

GameGuardian = mobile cheatengine and works exactly the same (memory searching and editing and whatnot)

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah it seems super well done in the few games I have played so far.

I may have to delete it, this is wayyyy too addictive to have always in my pocket.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I've never touched the game, though a few people I follow on Twitter play it, so I've been mildly curious about the game. I don't like playing phone games against other people, though, so when I heard about this upcoming mode (from this thread), I've been waiting to see how it plays out.

I'm glad it's off to a good start, and I hope it stays that way. Please keep the trip report coming!

Also, happy birthday, Shwqa!

The new Hearthstone adventure is really good y'all!

You unlock rewards like new hero powers and deck bases for completing minor challenges (for example: summon x elementals to unlock the elemental mage deck) and with each of the 10 classes having 5 unlocks each you really won't ever run out of decks to play.

That's not even counting the actual deck building part of the deck building game. Its a rogue-like deck builder, really.

EDIT: I didn't even mention the Anomaly (?) mode that adds a random second gimmick to the run

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Is anyone playing Dragon City who'd want to be buddies? e: scratch that. It didn't take long for me to realize just how much of a cash grab it is.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 21, 2019

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

so speaking of buriedbornes, that game has some, uh, bonkers broken mechanics too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Goddamn what's the build for those numbers?