Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SlowBloke posted:

slower than a moped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SlowBloke posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_1007

Please ignore the kitchenaid engine strapped to a heavy auto, making it slower than a moped.
There's also the Toyota Porte, which has a sliding door on the left and a normal door on the right.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, if you buy the 1007 with the auto you only have yourself to blame really.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Eh I mean it's not exactly something that you'd hang a poster of above your bed.

But lots of people drive these, and Opel Agila, Citroen C1, VW Ups, Toyota Aygos... They're small cars that offer a ton of practicality for olds and city people

And because they're small and light, they can also feel real zippy and be a bunch of fun

You're just not gonna impress your mustached Boomer father in law

At my work someone has a micro car with a bull bar. I have a photo but I don't wanna fix them and me

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 12, 2019

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Was at the Riverside Museum in Glasgow today and saw a unique little car: the Hillman Imp circa 1963 ish. Apparently this is one of the first ones off of the assembly line. Rear air-cooled engine, RWD, and super tiny. Unfortunately the glass case gave off a lot of glare.

E: apparently it’s water cooled, my bad. But, it is all aluminum, which is spiffy for the 60s.

hattersmad fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 12, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Lord Stimperor posted:

Eh I mean it's not exactly something that you'd hang a poster of above your bed.

But lots of people drive these, and Opel Agila, Citroen C1, VW Ups, Toyota Aygos... They're small cars that offer a ton of practicality for olds and city people

And because they're small and light, they can also feel real zippy and be a bunch of fun

You're just not gonna impress your mustached Boomer father in law

At my work someone has a micro car with a bull bar. I have a photo but I don't wanna fix them and me

Keep in mind that a 1007 weighs about 1.1-1.2 tons, compared to the 900 kg of the C1/107/Aygo. It was slow as balls on a manual and worse on the auto. Some car mag at the time calculated that the sliding door system was about 200-250 kgs extra weight on its own. At least in italy, 1007 are more rare on the road(peugeot reliability notwitstanding) than detomasos or zondas, i honestly have seen more renault velsatis or avantime if we want to compare weird french cars spottings. I don't think there is any car mag review of the 1007 that was overwhelmingly positive, mostly neutral to bad, the best review i remember was pretty much "good for tiny parking lots, if you don't mind going slow". It was expensive as hell too, being the top of the range at the time, if i remember correctly it was sold in the same price range as a mini

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 12, 2019

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

SlowBloke posted:

Keep in mind that a 1007 weighs about 1.1-1.2 tons, compared to the 900 kg of the C1/107/Aygo. It was slow as balls on a manual and worse on the auto. Some car mag at the time calculated that the sliding door system was about 200-250 kgs extra weight on its own. At least in italy, 1007 are more rare on the road(peugeot reliability notwitstanding) than detomasos or zondas, i honestly have seen more renault velsatis or avantime if we want to compare weird french cars spottings. I don't think there is any car mag review of the 1007 that was overwhelmingly positive, mostly neutral to bad, the best review i remember was pretty much "good for tiny parking lots, if you don't mind going slow". It was expensive as hell too, being the top of the range at the time, if i remember correctly it was sold in the same price range as a mini

Ok that does sound pretty bad indeed. So probably not at all like the Daihatsu Cuore the regular car channel reviewed

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

hattersmad posted:

E: apparently it’s water cooled, my bad. But, it is all aluminum, which is spiffy for the 60s.
Wait until you find out what the engine's called.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Ok that does sound pretty bad indeed. So probably not at all like the Daihatsu Cuore the regular car channel reviewed
No, that Cuore had the advantage of being an Avanzato, a "normal" non-turbo FWD Mira/Cuore is the one that's more akin to a Mk1 Aygo/C1 - the thing is, the Aygo/C1 is a genuinely good little car, they drive nicely for what they are, and there's even a racing series. The 1007 isn't like that... But it's not really meant to be, and they're one of these cars I find has a bit of charm just because of how bloody odd it is. I can see how if it fitted the criteria of what you needed and you weren't in the least bit fussed about the performance side of things, it'd be great. I think it's telling that the only one I see regularly is in the car park area of some retirement bungalows.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
New Binky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmmJlhecdQ&hd=1

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

hattersmad posted:

Was at the Riverside Museum in Glasgow today and saw a unique little car: the Hillman Imp circa 1963 ish. Apparently this is one of the first ones off of the assembly line. Rear air-cooled engine, RWD, and super tiny. Unfortunately the glass case gave off a lot of glare.

My dad use to rally around in one of these, the imported engine he upgraded it to is still sitting in my parents garage... along with half the car's panels

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

VodeAndreas posted:

My dad use to rally around in one of these, the imported engine he upgraded it to is still sitting in my parents garage... along with half the car's panels

he'll get around to fixing it one day, just you wait.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Page 993!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

They all look so sad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

They all look so sad.

They have their eyes closed.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

afen posted:

Page 993!

The best Porsche.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Saddamnit posted:

The best Porsche.

:colbert:

Edit:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:colbert:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ok, that's a legit beautiful tractor.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ok, that's a legit beautiful tractor.

Yeah it is.

Random question, what's the JD that had an engine to start the main engine?

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

The 720 had the pony start.
Speaking of cool tractors we just picked up a IH MD. Starts on gasoline but once it’s going and warmed up switches to diesel and runs on that. Weird having a carb on one side and injection pump on the other side of the block.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yes, pony start..thank you. And now I remember it was a 720 after you jogged my memory.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

The one that caught fire any time it had to go up a slight incline, had to be scuttled more often than it was taken out by enemy fire, and was only produced because Ferdinand Porsche had built a bunch chassis before they found out that the diesel electric engine was a big pile of dookie?

E: and then they updated it to the Elephant, making it even heavier without upgrading its horrible powertrain?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

The one that caught fire any time it had to go up a slight incline, had to be scuttled more often than it was taken out by enemy fire, and was only produced because Ferdinand Porsche had built a bunch chassis before they found out that the diesel electric engine was a big pile of dookie?

E: and then they updated it to the Elephant, making it even heavier without upgrading its horrible powertrain?

Porche tiger/ferdinand/elephant caught fire more often then a tesla. But atleast you can open the doors on those tanks when the vehicle catches fire.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wargames posted:

Porche tiger/ferdinand/elephant caught fire more often then a tesla. But atleast you can open the doors on those tanks when the vehicle catches fire.

And they had actual steering controls and stuff.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

And they had actual steering controls and stuff.

since we are talking to goons let an anime explain it

https://i.imgur.com/TabeoaH.mp4

wargames fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 14, 2019

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
*flicks cigarette at u* let's not.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hey buddy. Next time I’m over there we have things to discuss. Like how this makes me feel inside.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Bad picture, nice Ferguson:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Hey buddy. Next time I’m over there we have things to discuss. Like how this makes me feel inside.

I'll give you the tour!

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

Since it's tractor time, this used to push cars/do exhibitions at a track I went to as a kid. 1951 Ford 8N with a built 401ci, 450hp Ford engine, it was fast as hell.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:flashfap:

Don’t.. stop..

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZGQONz0DMc

This combines my love for the 240Z with my love for batshit crazy time attack cars and I love everything about it :perfect:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Fairlady z06

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the bump that'll rip the lip off.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Don Lapre posted:

Fairlady z06

"I paid the taxes, I paid the taxes!", I shriek as I slowly turn into a black R33 Skyline lurking in the background. That Z looks bonkers, know anything else about it?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

madeintaipei posted:

"I paid the taxes, I paid the taxes!", I shriek as I slowly turn into a black R33 Skyline lurking in the background. That Z looks bonkers, know anything else about it?

Look up fairlady z06 and there are some videos of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DlJWl7IOwg

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Don Lapre posted:

Look up fairlady z06 and there are some videos of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DlJWl7IOwg

god drat this thing rules so much. love how absurdly low and wide it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

um excuse me posted:

I'm the bump that'll rip the lip off.

It scoops up random dead squirrels/racoons/opossums along the way.