Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

That sucks lady. Maybe you shouldn't have acted like a home wrecker.

gently caress that, maybe she should have prioritized her child before her lay. That’s really the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

areyoucontagious posted:

I would say that both people deserve equal amounts of vitriol unless the “other man/woman” is being deceived.

yeah that's what I was trying to get at, they both hosed up, you can't hoist all the blame on one party

unlike this story:

Prank gone wrong (Michigan) (self.legaladvice)

quote:

We were out on a school retreat this weekend. Everyone in this story is 18 if that's relevant.

My buddy has long hair that he wanted to cut. He's been growing it out for a while and it's basically his signature. As a prank, we decided to come up behind him and cut his hair off and make everyone think he wasn't in on it.

He was wearing a blue flannel and so was a girl on the trip. I cut the wrog person's hair. I realized as soon as I closed the scissors, but a chunk of hair was gone right up to her scalp, probably about a foot and a half long.

She cried a lot, but when she parted her hair on the side you couldn't tell. She went to a fancy salon and got it fixed with extensions or something and apparently it cost like $200 even though you could barely see the difference when she parted her hair.

Today I heard from a lot of people at school that her parents made a police report and that she's going to sue me for almost $1k. Can they really do this!? How much trouble will I get in? I'd be willing to pay for her initial haircut (even though it apparently cost like $200 which seems outrageous) but I think she's being ridiculous. She looks fine and honestly she'd look cute if she just cut it all off anyway. Should I get a lawyer?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Look I've slept with way too many peoples boyfriends to accept equal responsibility here

It's like 70/30 the fault of the married person, nine times outta ten

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

ghost emoji posted:

yeah that's what I was trying to get at, they both hosed up, you can't hoist all the blame on one party

unlike this story:

Prank gone wrong (Michigan) (self.legaladvice)

See now if you banded together with your idiot prank friends to pay for her hair to be fixed, maybe someone could have sympathy for you, but you didn't even do that, so gently caress you, 1k is not enough.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

MasBrillante posted:

gently caress that, maybe she should have prioritized her child before her lay. That’s really the issue.

It's like she didnt even consider that having an affair with one of her sons friends dads might come back to him.

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

DemoneeHo posted:

I [20F] caught my brother [17M] sleeping with his tutor [28F], what do I do next?

Maybe it started out like this and just escalated.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iED81CnIJk4

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Iron Rose posted:

Look I've slept with way too many peoples boyfriends to accept equal responsibility here

Same. It is always the girlfriend or wife's fault for trapping a man in a loveless heterosexual union. Men and women were simply not meant to be together. I blame society and media for their irresponsible depictions of heterosexuality and the expectations we push onto children to make impossible relationships work.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Well actually the behaviour of two free-thinking adults is an insult that reflects on me personally, and furthermore

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I came to Thailand to kill myself..

quote:

I was at my lowest low and just done with life. I have a huge family and didn’t want them to deal with the burden of finding my lifeless body. I had this idea of clearing out my savings and going to Thailand for a month and ending my life there. I booked a trip to Thailand for one month and since it was final days I booked myself the fanciest hotel rooms I could find and dined at some of the nicest restaurants. I figured I might as well live out my final days to the fullest. I said my goodbyes to my family and friends and hugged them all tightly and told them all how much I loved them before I left. I didn’t plan on doing it right away since I came for a month. I figured I would do it on my last week here. I texted my friends and family every day of how much I love them. To them they didn’t know that would be the last time they heard from me. Since being here I met a huge group of girls who were backpacking across Thailand. They invited me along their journey to which I joined. These past two weeks I have had the most amazing time of my life. I’ve never had so much fun. There was a couple times in the trip I was actually crying of pure happiness. One day my face actually hurt from smiling and laughing so hard. I forgot what is was like to be this happy. I came half way across the world to kill myself but instead I actually found myself. I’m still dealing with inner demons which I plan on getting help with back home. I will go get a counsellor and take meds to help me (or whatever else may be suggested) I am actually happy with life for the first time In a long time. I still have 18 days lefts on my trip and I am staying with this group until the end. I felt like I just needed to get this of my chest as I obviously can’t tell my friends/family. Please if anyone else out there is in the Sam boat this world has so much to offer and there is so much good out there in the world! I’m excited to live life to the fullest now.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Tythas posted:

:3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

DemoneeHo posted:

My boyfriend just peed in the loving kitchen sink ?!

"It's okay babe, I'm just being more environmentally friendly by pee-rinsing our dishes, chill out"

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

same af

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay assholes, where are you supposed to pee if someone is in the bathroom with the door locked?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If you think drunk peeing in the sink is bad, just wait until you find out there's an environmentalist movement that advocates sink pissing because rinsing the sink out consumes way less water than flushing a toilet. You can also wash your dick while you're at it so you're always BJ ready.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think we've all pissed in the sink here

you can't get caught, though, man

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

If you think drunk peeing in the sink is bad, just wait until you find out there's an environmentalist movement that advocates sink pissing because rinsing the sink out consumes way less water than flushing a toilet. You can also wash your dick while you're at it so you're always BJ ready.

...Rinsing?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If you don't get out of the bathroom within the next five minutes, I'm making GBS threads in the crisper drawer.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Tythas posted:

I needed something like this after the last pages. Also I hope the guy keeps doing at home what he discovered in Thailand and doesn't just go back to how his past life looked like.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

I needed something like this after the last pages. Also I hope the guy keeps doing at home what he discovered in Thailand and doesn't just go back to how his past life looked like.

It’s a young woman, which makes me think this was like a truly sisterhood of the traveling pants type catharsis. I hope.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for (inadvertently) wrecking a home?

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons. I'll keep this as brief as I can. I'm pretty sure I am TA here, but I want some outside opinions.

3 months ago I [19M] met this guy. I work in a pub, and he started coming in regularly, we got to talking, one thing led to another, we start seeing each other. He's about ten years older than me so I felt a little weird about it, but he was gorgeous, super sweet and kind to me. Not about to throw myself a pity party but that was a pretty welcome change in my life at that time, so I kinda went with it. He also helped me with stuff like paying my rent/bills and buying groceries (I live alone and am no contact with my family for various reasons so really struggle with both). He even bought me a proper bed as I was previously sleeping on some crappy fold out campbed thing.

I did not know when I met him that he's married with three children. He told me that he was single and that he was gay. I found this out when his wife found out last week that we were seeing each other. In hindsight there were things that should've been red flags, including him insisting we always go to my place and our dates always being in the nearest city instead of our town. I guess I was blinded by the idea that this handsome, lovely man was into me and ignored those things.

I feel awful for what I've done. The wife doesn't believe that I didn't know about her. She knows some of my co-workers, and they're also not having that I thought he was single. Work has become a very hostile environment for me because of this. Her entire family hates me, and I keep getting pretty angry Facebook messages from her various relatives over this. Their marriage is in tatters and their kids (all under 10) are in the middle of it.

I really wouldn't have gone for the guy if I'd known he was married, but then again this is on me for not seeing the red flags/looking into him more, right? I feel loving horrible for ruining that marriage and for putting those kids through this, but I think I might be redeemed slightly by the fact that I didn't know? Idk. This is all a big mess, and I guess I just want opinions from people who aren't emotionally attached to the situation.

He also posted this over at r/relationships for advice on how to move on from this sitaution. Most of the info is the same, but he elaborates more on how they met:

quote:

I'm a 19-year-old guy and I work in a pub. A few months ago, this really gorgeous guy started coming in regularly and he and I really hit it off. I knew he was a lot older than me (10 years), but he didn't seem to mind and I'm a pretty mature person so we got on really well. He was super sweet to me, one thing led to another, y'all know how it goes. He told me that he was gay, and that he'd been single for ages. We started seeing each other, and it was honestly great. He treated me so well, helped me out financially (I really struggle), and was a refreshing change from my last relationship which was really toxic and abusive. I really started to fall in love with him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

My son (8m) is being bullied at school because of me (33f).

(Edited in some paragraph breaks)

It's unfair as gently caress, but the best thing you can do is transfer your son to another school
She needs to get a lawyer and have a very stern conversation with the school regarding their obligation to protect her son from harassment.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And if you genuinely think her child should be bullied because his mother hosed up, you need to rethink your entire life.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Rubellavator posted:

It's like she didnt even consider that having an affair with one of her sons friends dads might come back to him.

Dad gets bonus rear end in a top hat points for trying to throw her under the bus like that, though.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

And if you genuinely think her child should be bullied because his mother hosed up, you need to rethink your entire life.

No one thinks that. They just think this was a foreseeable outcome for a responsible parent. Parents do a lot of poo poo that puts their children in horrible social positions and they deserve to be called out on it when it happens.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MasBrillante posted:

It’s a young woman, which makes me think this was like a truly sisterhood of the traveling pants type catharsis. I hope.

When women are traveling, we always hang out? Strangers join the party, it's really not uncommon at all. I remember when I was going through Poland, it ended up being like 12 of us by the end. It's one of the best things about traveling.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I thought the guys did that too? It just becomes a mess when a guy tries to join a bunch of women who are traveling, don't do that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not sure anyone itt has staked out that particular position

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MasBrillante posted:

No one thinks that. They just think this was a foreseeable outcome for a responsible parent. Parents do a lot of poo poo that puts their children in horrible social positions and they deserve to be called out on it when it happens.
Yes, fair. I'm just pretty sensitive to schools not protecting their students.

edit: And she can't undo being a lovely person, but she can stand up for her kid and avoid being a lovely mother

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pirate Radar posted:

Today in “this is definitely legit”

Thats a movie, right? The parrots trumpet nazi slogans and are trained to call black people the n-word and he has to get them across country unscathed, while being chased by drugdealers and crazed christian fundamentalists.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Power Khan posted:

Thats a movie, right? The parrots trumpet nazi slogans and are trained to call black people the n-word
I think that's the news.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

MasBrillante posted:

I think the change came when she swam with the dolphins. Seems she's better now that her life has porpise.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lonely women don't need a man, they just need to realize female friends are out there

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Power Khan posted:

Thats a movie, right? The parrots trumpet nazi slogans and are trained to call black people the n-word and he has to get them across country unscathed, while being chased by drugdealers and crazed christian fundamentalists.

Honestly I think a lot of people would be more forgiving of the "Racist and black person are forced by circumstance to team up and come to realize that maybe they're not so different" format if you replace the white guy with a parrot.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 16, 2019

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Power Khan posted:

Green Book sequel looking weird

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, fair. I'm just pretty sensitive to schools not protecting their students.

edit: And she can't undo being a lovely person, but she can stand up for her kid and avoid being a lovely mother

So am I, but step 1 is mom taking responsibility for the situation her son is in whether it’s her “fault” or not. Generally just not a fan of adults not taking care of bullying with the quickness.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pennsylvania. Arrested for my 2nd DUI, work in healthcare where I require a professional license for my career.

I’ll try to make this as succinct as possible. 3 days ago I was arrested for DUI. This is my second offense due to me being charged 8 years ago with a DUI, though that one was dropped to an ARD. My BAC was of the “highest impairment” level. From what I have gathered with research and talking with a lawyer- I am looking at most likely 90 days house arrest, 18 months loss of drivers license and 18 months probation, and I will be charged with a misdemeanor 1. I have accepted this, but my biggest issue is that I work in healthcare, and I require a professional certification and licensure to maintain my job title. Also, I will always need to pass a background check for applying for a job. I am currently employed. My questions are 1. Am I mandated to tell my current employer? 2. Is there in any way I have any chance of getting the misdemeanor dropped? Any advice or information is greatly appreciated, if I have a criminal record, I will never be able to get a different job, I will be stuck in PA the rest of my life, and when I have to renew my professional license again in 3 years, I could very possible not qualify for renewal and therefore I will lose my current job. Thank you so much in advanced.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Japanese wife wants a divorce. I’m an American living in Japan. What do I do?

I’m an American on a spouse visa in Japan. Our relationship was fine until we got married last year. Then she became an angry sexless woman who occasionally hits me and shoves me. She also has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage who is spoiled and my wife enables her.

Her daughter just in 5 days threw a purse at me, ate my mother’s mother's day gift, claiming she didn’t know it was for my mother (which may or may not be true)and then locked me out of the house by using a lock that can only lock from inside. She also claimed she didn’t do it on purpose.

I removed the lock from the door and dropped the issue but then she kept interrupting me when I was talking to my wife. I told her to have some manners and my wife freaked out at me because of this and later found out she secretly recorded me shouting all my complaints to her. She threatened to send it to my parents. I suggested letting a counselor hear it. This made her even more angry and said she wants a divorce. I think she may be embarrassed at the stuff i said she did to me in the recordings. She later screamed at 2am In front of our house that I am a bitch.

She today revealed to me that she called my school to say I am no longer a student and will not renew my cellphone. She also wants to know how much I want for the divorce and that she will get an advisor.

After all of this I’m done with this marriage but I don’t have much money as it is. This marriage and moving to japan cost me a lot.

What should I do?

In short I’m an American married to a Japanese woman and living in japan and my wife wants a divorce. What do I do? Thank you

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

When women are traveling, we always hang out? Strangers join the party, it's really not uncommon at all. I remember when I was going through Poland, it ended up being like 12 of us by the end. It's one of the best things about traveling.

I agree; that’s why I’m uncharacteristically optimistic about OP. I wouldn’t give up my lady travel memories for anything.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

MasBrillante posted:

So am I, but step 1 is mom taking responsibility for the situation her son is in whether it’s her “fault” or not. Generally just not a fan of adults not taking care of bullying with the quickness.

How? She already cut contact with the dad. Sue them as well for slander? "Yes son, your mom fucks. You may hear the term "milf" someday. Here's American Pie to explain it. That game is called lacrosse btw."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Japanese wife wants a divorce. I’m an American living in Japan. What do I do?

I’m an American on a spouse visa in Japan. Our relationship was fine until we got married last year. Then she became an angry sexless woman who occasionally hits me and shoves me. She also has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage who is spoiled and my wife enables her.

Her daughter just in 5 days threw a purse at me, ate my mother’s mother's day gift, claiming she didn’t know it was for my mother (which may or may not be true)and then locked me out of the house by using a lock that can only lock from inside. She also claimed she didn’t do it on purpose.

I removed the lock from the door and dropped the issue but then she kept interrupting me when I was talking to my wife. I told her to have some manners and my wife freaked out at me because of this and later found out she secretly recorded me shouting all my complaints to her. She threatened to send it to my parents. I suggested letting a counselor hear it. This made her even more angry and said she wants a divorce. I think she may be embarrassed at the stuff i said she did to me in the recordings. She later screamed at 2am In front of our house that I am a bitch.

She today revealed to me that she called my school to say I am no longer a student and will not renew my cellphone. She also wants to know how much I want for the divorce and that she will get an advisor.

After all of this I’m done with this marriage but I don’t have much money as it is. This marriage and moving to japan cost me a lot.

What should I do?

In short I’m an American married to a Japanese woman and living in japan and my wife wants a divorce. What do I do? Thank you

Ah yes, right into my veins.