Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CYBEReris posted:

crystal tower for sure but apart from void ark i don't know if I'd call the sky pirates series lax. it's been years and not wiping at least two times before beating deathgaze is still rare

Mhach is still generally fine as long as a sufficient number of people survive (I think, like, 10?) to eat meteors on Forgall and that you've got a tank that isn't constantly spinning Calofisteri into you. Even Dun Scaith isn't too bad, although there's still a comically large number of people eating poo poo on Deathgaze constantly in a world where Surecast/Arms Length is available to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Brynhildr at least still tanks bone dragon to the north. I've gotten yelled at more times this week for insisting that mechs don't matter and you can just tank him in the center...

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
that sounds hilarious actually

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Shellman posted:

Brynhildr at least still tanks bone dragon to the north. I've gotten yelled at more times this week for insisting that mechs don't matter and you can just tank him in the center...

I'm still waiting for another instance of center tanking where all the skeletons go off at once and it crashes a third of the raid.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shellman posted:

Tanking in the center was always the correct mechanic anyway. :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The mechanic is something that the 5 other tanks in the group are supposed to deal with while dps doesn't burn the dragon down instantly, both of which are things that will not happen no matter where you tank him. Tanking to the north is just dumb bullshit tangential to why everyone gets murdered.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Shellman posted:

More proof that the new Crystal datacenter is cursed.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Jannyboy is good but Stormblood's AST quest was like 10 levels of 'who gives a poo poo.'

:emptyquote:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Stormblood AST would have been interesting if Geomancer became a new job and that was the explanation for what it was, and how it worked.

But...Nah.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

isn't geomancer just, like, an eastern conjurer anyway

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Absolutely awful take here. 60 to 70 AST is the guild at most.loser and most.horny and just goofing with each other and it owns.

You dont deserve AST

You don't even see the old AST buddies for most of the chain. You're just hoboing around Kugane with a boring hippy.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A big part of the 60-70 AST quest is realizing the similarities between Astrology and Geomancy, and Kyokuho does use mostly Conjurer animations as an NPC, but the lore has them as kind of a mix of all the healers- working with the elements ala conjurers, fortune-telling through reading celestial orientations ala astrologians and drawing wards through divine geometry ala arcanists.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The lore book says that they're conjurers and they're mechanically conjurers in game. It then says that some Sharlayan Astrolgians see in them kindred practices.

The wards they use are just conjuration though, just like the wards over the black shroud. They don't have much scholar in them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Astrologian has a whole lot more in common with time mage than geomancer anyways

Conjuror always felt like it was going to have geomancer as a second job when they were throwing the idea of multiple jobs per class.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the warriors of darkness from 3.x had job titles like magus, devout, and knight

i hope we get to see the slightly different names for all the jobs in 5.0

e: I realize this looks like it's coming out of nowhere but in my brain I'd made the jump from "geomancers are eastern conjurers" to "devouts are 1st shard white mages" my bad

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

who owns the ff14 kelly account? i saw your name and chairman on it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't even know why these ffxiv kelly comics exist but they are hilarious

this one is still relevant 3 years later from what i hear

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any way to do instances solo while still getting gear? i unsync'd for greg but he didn't drop a chicken because of it

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Phone posted:

who owns the ff14 kelly account? i saw your name and chairman on it

I think a guy named Meowy Bento in-game. Raided with the guy in Pixel Pals, and I'd like to think the Bone Zone joke was at least partially inspired by my troll tanking of LotA.

Edit: Wait, maybe not. Didn't realize several goons worked on those, but I know Meowy did a few.

Willias fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 17, 2019

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blast of Confetti posted:

any way to do instances solo while still getting gear? i unsync'd for greg but he didn't drop a chicken because of it
No, if an item you want is a direct drop instead of being in a boss chest (those still exist in unsynced runs) you'll have to run the place synced, eg. with friends (or a lot of alts :v:).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Today, in Bloodborne Kart

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Hogama posted:

For clarity - change from live is +150 heal potency, -15s recast, and -100% damage. Best spell in the game is now merely "very good."

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Its slightly better Indom now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hogama posted:

wow they made whm even more loving boring

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hogama posted:

Haha yeah right

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll believe the leaks when they actually show something that couldn't be faked with 30 seconds of editing a file.

(And even if they were true, it's hard to judge any change on its own merits without seeing the rest of the kit. Removing a nuke from Assize means they could have moved it elsewhere.)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fazzle is real, actually

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

ImpAtom posted:

I'll believe the leaks when they actually show something that couldn't be faked with 30 seconds of editing a file.

(And even if they were true, it's hard to judge any change on its own merits without seeing the rest of the kit. Removing a nuke from Assize means they could have moved it elsewhere.)

Give Holy its Potency back :getin:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kongming posted:

I cannot for the life of me remember what 50-60 NIN was even about, other than there were Au Ra involved. When one of the Au Ra showed up in the Stormblood quests it took me a while to place who they even were supposed to be.

You're trying to help a princess get back a thing. She wants to do it herself because she thinks she's a badass. Everybody else wants her to knock it off, because if she dies, that would be very bad for the nation she rules. She does not listen. Hijinks ensue.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Thundarr posted:

It was just a fancy one handed conjurer stick :ssh:

Perhaps the NPC whose name I can't remember has that, but the Geomancers in Swallows Compass definitely have hand bells. As they should, being Geomancers in a Final Fantasy game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Removing a nuke from Assize even if they move it somewhere else sucks, because Assize's main thing was the unreduced AOE nuke, or at least that's how I was using it.

Looking at its stats in live it doesn't state that it reduces on multiple enemy hits, so it hits like loads of old AOEs did before they got nerfed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

orange juche posted:

Removing a nuke from Assize even if they move it somewhere else sucks, because Assize's main thing was the unreduced AOE nuke, or at least that's how I was using it.

That's how most WHM use it. They throw it out in the middle of a pull to blast the pack and heal the tank.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

Well, that is what I mean. They could (to just the above example) and given Holy its potency back or something which would mean you have a massive AoE nuke that isn't on a 45 second cooldown but only restrained by MP. I doubt they did that but who knows.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
lol if you believe any of these leaks

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can believe that they considered removing the damage from Assize... I can't believe they would go through with it though unless they wanted to get rid of healer DPS entirely outside of solo content.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

scoff.gif

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dankest Arts

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I can believe that they considered removing the damage from Assize... I can't believe they would go through with it though unless they wanted to get rid of healer DPS entirely outside of solo content.

They like honest healers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Can't complain about healers not dpsing if they can't dps.