Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

I messed up my dbs somehow. Not sure where. I maxed my BS, cubed my gambled armor, upgraded a rare weapon to legendary, and had 4 left over, insufficient to cube the weapon. Oh well NBD I'm not a speedrunner anyway.

You only get enough DBs to cube one thing, you used those on the armor instead of the weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ah, I misunderstood the plan. So people are upgrading a 70 weapon in hopes of getting something either better than the targeted armor piece, or something that can be wielded/cubed for their 70 build?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Playing a monk, got Crudest Boots - should I cube it? I don't really know what the best armor power is for Monks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Killing bosses before 6 piece invoker seems interesting

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m having a really slow start to my first ever barb. I’m soloing but I’m like 20 and it just feels soooo slow. All my beginner shards got nothing and it doesn’t feel like Last seasons Monk start where one good boot lets you one hit kill enemies into the 30s

Oldstench posted:

Playing a monk, got Crudest Boots - should I cube it? I don't really know what the best armor power is for Monks.

They are extremely required for any Inna’s build which are really strong and versatile

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

euphronius posted:

It's pretty wild.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Are the powers you extract with Kanai’s Cube account bound as in when the season is over my other characters will then have access to those newly extracted powers, my OCD is telling me I gotta collect them all... but it's probably not worth trying for if they're exclusive to the character that extracted them.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Seasons over, sorry folks

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Started a WD this morning because the new darts LON build looks fun, got dagger of darts to cube at lvl 1 and then gambled an ancient carnevil as soon as I hit 70. Not even gonna bother with the season journey just gonna run this straight to gr70 :hist101:

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002

Dr. Krieger posted:

Started a WD this morning because the new darts LON build looks fun, got dagger of darts to cube at lvl 1 and then gambled an ancient carnevil as soon as I hit 70. Not even gonna bother with the season journey just gonna run this straight to gr70 :hist101:

What build is this? I started a WD this morning.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

So, uh... did ActiBlizzard screw up Community Chat? Because I've seen nothing in-game from LLJK, and I don't have an option to chat there. Only Clan and Clan Officers.

OK, so the issue was something on my end. Somehow, I had left the channel. I had to open the Communities tab (poo poo+O), and click the red icon on the far right side of LLJK, turning it green. Weird.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Someone post a lazy necro zero effort bonestorm build while I collect ancients for LoN.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Wooglin posted:

What build is this? I started a WD this morning.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-carnevil-dod-build-with-lon-patch-2-6-5-season-17

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hmm ok I cubed a weapon that lets me earthquake whenever I use a battle cry and I’m suddenly going through this a lot quicker than before

I never had the idea to cube stuff using your first challenge rift breaths before thanks for that

mewse
May 2, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

Ah, I misunderstood the plan. So people are upgrading a 70 weapon in hopes of getting something either better than the targeted armor piece, or something that can be wielded/cubed for their 70 build?

Yes but you could wait until you have armor + weapon in hand to decide what to cube between them. If upgrading the bs didn’t cost 1 db it would be possible to cube both.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

euphronius posted:

LoN is your friend. I skipped taking any hagrid gifts and just gambled one ancient that took me to t4, the second one to t6 and now 4 and just cleared gr45.

Hammer or blessed shield depending which items you get.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's the fastest I've gone from "aww, nice!" to "aww, gently caress" about a single item. :smith:

I guess LPH to crit and just eat the loss of +Element?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Im_Special posted:

Are the powers you extract with Kanai’s Cube account bound as in when the season is over my other characters will then have access to those newly extracted powers, my OCD is telling me I gotta collect them all... but it's probably not worth trying for if they're exclusive to the character that extracted them.

They're shared across each game mode so softcore with softcore and hardcore with hardcore but not softcore with hardcore. It's a good feeling to have everything for when you want to play around with things between seasons or on PTR.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

That's the fastest I've gone from "aww, nice!" to "aww, gently caress" about a single item. :smith:

I guess LPH to crit and just eat the loss of +Element?

Either way, its unfortunate

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DeadlyHalibut posted:

LoN is your friend.

How do I tell the RNG this?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

All 4 in our group died to an ice bomb a millisecond before the challenge rift guardian died, and the chat log said "challenge rift completed", but we all respawned in town and urshi didnt have the ! on her head and we had to run it a second time.

Other than that i got haedrigs gift in 3.5 hours. It was a pretty good group of goons

Good running, duder. I got incense torch and Riviera dancers at start, was pretty baller early run. Despite having to do the CR twice I was up to rank 2 GR at some point so our start wasn't too bad. I was easily doing tx in 4.5 hours.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 19, 2019

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002

Thank you!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Rinkles posted:

How do I tell the RNG this?

At least kadala and cube upgrade is 10% ancient, otherwise it ranges from t1 1% to t6 10%

Good luck though

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

gambled blood shards after the CR on shoulders and burned them all to get one legendary - the town portal garbage shoulders

then i used the DB to upgrade some rare shoulders into . . . a level 70 pair of the town portal garbage shoulders

gently caress

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DeadlyHalibut posted:

At least kadala and cube upgrade is 10% ancient, otherwise it ranges from t1 1% to t6 10%

Good luck though

i was stuck in low torment limbo for hours, when the game decides to drop two right after the other :shrug: (neither from gambling or cubing)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 19, 2019

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

I love this thing.

Not only does it look weirdly disgusting, but the effect is so loving good for lovely map layouts & bounties - combine that with severance rune and it's crazy fast getting around.

Mine is only ancient, but it was the very first thing gambled at 70, and has been hugely useful with LON and an ancient weapon. Now I have the Jade set, and the cute cat in a noose mojo that I probably ought to be using, but drat, I'll miss the speed.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Getting that all bosses in 20 minutes conquest would be far easier with that.

I did it last season with a Shadow's Mantle demon hunter who cartwheeled everywhere and threw one knife into Diablo's rear end in a top hat.

Ok, two, but really.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

whole lot of clicking with this punish invoker.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Is the LLJK community up in EU this season, last one nobody seemed to be around.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

didn't know you could get items higher than your level from gambling

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a terrible Primal for my LoN LTK Monk.

Or for any build at all, I'd think.

And it's not even the right mainstat....

Do 2-handed Ancient Weapons count as 2 Ancients for the purpose of LoN builds?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My first level 70 gamble was an ancient aquilla. Season good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My first level 70 gamble was an ancient aquilla. Season good.

Nice.
I made a pair of Reapers Wraps and decided to make a second pair for the cube to fill out all the spots. Second pair rolled ancient.

So far really digging the LoN Blood Nova play for Necromancer.

Powerwolf - All We Need Is Blood

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This morning I started seasonal with a monk, because I love SWK bells so goddamn much. Couldn't have been luckier, got an Incense Torch daibo with the 'upgrade a lv.70 piece of gear for something to cube'. It even popped out as ancient, but that's no drat good in any circumstance.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

MariusLecter posted:

So far really digging the LoN Blood Nova play for Necromancer.

:same:

I made a few tweaks for personal preference. I didn't like Scythe of the Cycle and opted for Trag'oul's fang because I felt it was more reliable and better on bosses, when my Bone Armor depleted instantly.

Also the Simularcrum WILL cast Nova when it's not on your bar - but they won't cast blood nova, only the unruned version. With this in mind, I opted to get golemskin breeches and use bone golem for the knockback and stun (to proc Krysbin's triple more reliably as well). I don't think you lose much on the CoE rotation as poison comes up right after physical and the Simulacrum get that bonus.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Did they nerf using Unity with an unkillable hireling to get a perma 50% damage reduction? I just swapped from that to a RoRG and I really don't feel any squishier at all so I'm wondering if it was actually working.

Also, I've farmed quite a few normal t13 rifts and t60ish Grifts and been burning blood shards on amulets and still haven't gotten a Wisdom of Kalan, this is bullshit. I've gotten four Tasker and Theo's, which took me ages to find when I was playing a pet build a few seasons ago.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

Did they nerf using Unity with an unkillable hireling to get a perma 50% damage reduction? I just swapped from that to a RoRG and I really don't feel any squishier at all so I'm wondering if it was actually working.

Nah it definitely still works.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

That's really weird then. I even tried equipping it and also cubing it while my enchantress was wearing one because it didn't seem to do anything.

E: Complaining about not getting a WoK worked, just got one like two rifts later. Hopefully this will be a decent enough combo of damage and survivability to get gr70.
E E: And a second WoK the next rift... yay RNG

My GR70 primal was an Empyrean Messenger, gently caress

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

gently caress me, I blew the entire lot of starting/CR materials and gold without a single -lev req. weapon

and I got probably the shittiest 2h mighty possible with my upgrade