Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

VJeff posted:

Remember when Ambrose won the contract and cashed in on Seth and it was poetic because he had finally gotten his revenge on Seth with his own favorite weapon and then it turned out that they only did that because Roman pissed hot?

Yeah it loving ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TTBF posted:

Yeah it loving ruled

One of the best MitB wins and cash-ins ever because they just gave the loving thing to a face people liked but WWE still has to put it on heels every year since.

Vandar posted:

Arc-V was still better booked than the WWE.

ZARC is the Baron Corbin of the card game anime set.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

VJeff posted:

Remember when Ambrose won the contract and cashed in on Seth and it was poetic because he had finally gotten his revenge on Seth with his own favorite weapon and then it turned out that they only did that because Roman pissed hot?

Yeah and then he had a crappy title reign

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fatherofmustard posted:

It started good and had the good pre-Elsworth part of the Styles/Ambrose feud, it was only that month with Ziggler in the middle that sucked and come on... that's Dolph Ziggler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Literally the only bad part of it was the match against Dolph at SummerSlam, even the build to the match itself was good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Literally the only bad part of it was the match against Dolph at SummerSlam, even the build to the match itself was good.

Was that the one where they were doing the normal long in-ring promo segment and Ziggler cut himself off after like 3 words by superkicking Ambrose?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Was that the one where they were doing the normal long in-ring promo segment and Ziggler cut himself off after like 3 words by superkicking Ambrose?

It was also the time Ziggler did a big impassioned promo about how this time he was going to climb to the top and how this was his moment and Ambrose' rightfully responded by going "lol nope"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCgyspL2E2I

I feel like this was before this was literally every single one of Dolph's promos too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Seems like NXT may have shot an angle for an upcoming NXT. Shayna was at ringside for the Io/Candice vs MMA 4HW match. And camera crews were watching the entire thing.

https://twitter.com/ClassicCatch84/status/1129923880473247745

Bit more context: After Io did the patented Shayna armstomp spot above to Duke, Shayna completely freaked out and pulled Duke out of the ring. Io then did a moonsault to the outside, and they brawled into the crowd. Match was ruled a no contest.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 19, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thank you to my boys BCH and VJeff for defending the Ambrose reign so I didn't have to. God bless.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

Nah

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thank you to my boys BCH and VJeff for defending the Ambrose reign so I didn't have to. God bless.

Seriously, if people don't think AJ/Deano was one of the most fun feuds for the title then something's wrong with their heads

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Seriously, if people don't think AJ/Deano was one of the most fun feuds for the title then something's wrong with their heads

It was until Ellsworth got involved.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fatherofmustard posted:

IDK that wasn't AS good but it was the best thing Ellsworth was ever involved in by far.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It also had AJ save his life when he was loving up taking the Clash.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aj styles saves pedophile's life

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I offered no value judgement as to whether it was a good or bad thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Me 2

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The pedophile community?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

I will stan for the Ellsworth stuff because

1) It told a story about how AJ was ultra prideful and Ellsworth getting meaningless victories over him because of Dean's interference got under his skin big time. It showed Ambrose doing unorthodox wildcard-type poo poo to mess with his opponent's head without being WHACKY and doing cartoony hot dog cart garbage.
2) It actually got AJ booed, which was really loving difficult during his Champ That Runs The Camp run. Everybody liked Ellsworth, even us. More than a few of us wanted him to beat AJ for the belt for a week at the time.

The ending, with Ellsworth turning on Dean and Dean just getting punted down the card because Cena's back now, was weak, but the program up to that point was good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did dress like the Mountie and do Canada shtick that time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now you guys are making me sad. :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Ambrose/Dolph program was great because it directly led to the Miz/Dolph program which was loving incredible. I will state unequivocally that Dean's title run was one of the biggest reasons that the renewed Brand Split was an initial success and that Smackdown was so clearly the better brand for his entire tenure. Even when he got bumped down the card he was still a huge factor in Smackdown's success until he got shuffled to Raw for the Cursed Reunion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

He's also to this day the last person to get any offense in while wearing an Ottawa Senators jersey.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

It should’ve been Ambrose/Zayn and Miz/Zayn gdi

That whole angle was made for Sami Zayn

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

How can you mention that segment and not post the video of him and Bryan trying their hardest not to corpse? Shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxK4b1mHXXI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

The current plan is for the Women's Money in the Bank Ladder match to open tonight's MITB PPV.

Big E is backstage at the PPV, the first time he has been at an event since his knee surgery.

At one point over the last week, there was talk of adding the IIconics vs. The Kabuki Warriors to the Kickoff show but based on what we have heard, that will not be happening tonight.

There was also talk backstage that Hulk Hogan would be at the PPV tonight as he was in the Northeast filming something for the next WWE videogame today but thus far, no one we've spoken to has seen him.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wait MITB is tonight?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That's a joke right? There's no PPV tonight

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So what kind of throwaway garbage are they gonna toss in the middle of the show when everyone else is watching GOT

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Benne posted:

So what kind of throwaway garbage are they gonna toss in the middle of the show when everyone else is watching GOT

The wrestling

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Given the reaction to GOT final season I wonder which show is going to end up worse tonight and wonder if you can put money on it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

IDK that wasn't AS good but it was the best thing Ellsworth was ever involved in by far.
The first No Chin Music basically the only thing Denver popped for that entire night

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given the reaction to GOT final season I wonder which show is going to end up worse tonight and wonder if you can put money on it

One's only one hour, one's four or five

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ambrose's Title run was incredibly good and the Ellsworth stuff ruled, you dummies.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Which will be a worse received program: WWE Money In The Bank (-245) / Game Of Thrones S8E06 (+225)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least people expect GOT to suck and could be surprised when it's not that bad

We expect WWE to suck and they always deliver at sucking

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

At least people expect GOT to suck and could be surprised when it's not that bad

Consistency, baby!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

IDK man, MITB is pretty consistently one of the most fun main roster shows now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

IDK man, MITB is pretty consistently one of the most fun main roster shows now.

10 matches is complete overkill for any PPV let alone a minor one. Sure some of the matches will be good, but by the end no-one will give a poo poo because they'll be too tired to care.