Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Raldikuk posted:

Frank Luntz

here's a happy thread antidote to frank luntz

every time someone starts talking about "school choice", respond by referring to it as "school flight" ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.

pseudanonymous posted:

I loving love that they have an app to manipulate the other app.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

It's kind of neat. an app that skirts around labour laws to fight people using apps to skirt labour laws

They should give these apps Union names because they're basically a digital union

I think they're just refreshing the passenger-facing side of the apps to watch the prices??

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

fluffykittys posted:

I think they're just refreshing the passenger-facing side of the apps to watch the prices??

I have no idea but I'm into this digital union idea

Let's call it Strikr

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
They're all turning off their availability at once to drive prices up in a local neighborhood. It's exactly what an organize strike is.

Here is a video of them in action (timestamped start time):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68vyd5?start=779

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
More of a personal post on making myself happy: the Aus election didn't go the way that polls had been predicting (which I found out later because i went to the movies to be happy there instead of stressed while numbers slowly came in on live TV), and in hindsight I've gotten invested in a lot of stuff that isn't doing me any good to try and keep up with.

So I've cut way down on my twitter account, and it's no longer filled with political takes and there isn't even guaranteed new content every time I refresh. Cancelled some subscriptions (should have got rid of the NYT one long ago), uninstalled/silenced apps on my phone, that sort of thing. And probably more importantly found some promising ideas for clubs to join and volunteering opportunities to look into. There's no better place to start than the local community, right?

I guess there's a point where it would become outright denial but "ignorance is bliss" is worth a try for week or two

Anyway that's boring so here's a tweet and a cat

https://twitter.com/ziqqix/status/1119995661636767751

Her previous owners abandoned her when they moved and my parents have been pretending they don't want a pet while slowly and unofficially adopting her over the last year or so

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
By the time they've reached CSPAM nobody can say they're ignorant. Embrace the bliss I say

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Self care is generally different from ignorance, yeah. Grats on finding some peace, also cute cat :kimchi:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

uvar posted:

. And probably more importantly found some promising ideas for clubs to join and volunteering opportunities to look into. There's no better place to start than the local community, right?

I guess there's a point where it would become outright denial but "ignorance is bliss" is worth a try for week or two

The line I draw is usually at "will knowing this poo poo enable me to do something about it that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise", the answer is nearly always "no" so yeah getting involved in the local stuff is about as far from denial as you can be in my book

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The line I draw is usually at "will knowing this poo poo enable me to do something about it that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise", the answer is nearly always "no" so yeah getting involved in the local stuff is about as far from denial as you can be in my book

yeah, was gonna say something like this.

The world won't fall apart if you don't keep up on every little detail of what's going on, and you're not doing a disservice to people if you aren't aware of every horrid thing the instant it happens.

Hell, consider that burning yourself out, or worse killing yourself, just makes the fascists that much stronger. Self-care is antifa.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

megalodong posted:

The world won't fall apart if you don't keep up on every little detail of what's going on, and you're not doing a disservice to people if you aren't aware of every horrid thing the instant it happens.

Hell, consider that burning yourself out, or worse killing yourself, just makes the fascists that much stronger. Self-care is antifa.

This is an exception post.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
that's a really healthy perspective

anyway, lmao

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1129942870587248640

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

gently caress me why have I been saying 'climate change'??

I didn’t know about the political machinations behind the different terms, but I’ve preferred “climate change” because it fits more naturally with stuff like colder winters, more savage storms, and flooding than does “global warming”. warming is only one of the effects we care about, and is an intermediate causal step between “stuff we need to change” (carbonization and such) and “stuff we want to prevent” (lots of bad poo poo). better to focus the messaging on the actionable source and the full set of consequences, imo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

these rules so much

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

PerilPastry posted:

that's a really healthy perspective

anyway, lmao

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1129942870587248640

quote:

USGA spokeswoman Janeen Driscoll told The Hill in a statement that the association removed five scores that were "clearly out of character" for the president. One such score was a more flattering 68, which the USGA traced to a mobile posting on its app that used the president's name and account.
:laugh:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/nachosarah/status/1130013099954659329?s=21

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sarah Beattie is a pro follow. Always funny

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

megalodong posted:

yah I don't follow most pol stuff religiously, unless it's funny or immediately important to my own situation- if something important or awful or excellent happens I always hear about it- either through friends/work, or through a phone popup tryna get me into msnbc or something. rly I think the idea that everyone must be constantly engaged with The News is chiefly pushed by 24-hour news networks and Twitter, and it's toxic to a good life

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
say what you mean
mean what you say

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HOLY poo poo. :cawg:

Perfect.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Her name would be Ku Klux Kaitlin

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Subjunctive posted:

I didn’t know about the political machinations behind the different terms, but I’ve preferred “climate change” because it fits more naturally with stuff like colder winters, more savage storms, and flooding than does “global warming”. warming is only one of the effects we care about, and is an intermediate causal step between “stuff we need to change” (carbonization and such) and “stuff we want to prevent” (lots of bad poo poo). better to focus the messaging on the actionable source and the full set of consequences, imo

it’s certainly better than warming, but it’s obviously designed to be a neutral term to positive term — change is good, right? we should be calling it climate catastrophe.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.theroot.com/congrats-grad-morehouse-keynote-speaker-pays-off-deb-1834874749

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the knock down the house documentary on netflix is happy

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lol, she gettin' fat like her Daddy Trump

Also, here's another lol:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

it’s certainly better than warming, but it’s obviously designed to be a neutral term to positive term — change is good, right? we should be calling it climate catastrophe.

change, I think you’ll find, is not always good. I like “catastrophe”, though.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

uvar posted:

Her previous owners abandoned her when they moved and my parents have been pretending they don't want a pet while slowly and unofficially adopting her over the last year or so

What a cute cat!

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat

Thanks for this, it’s excellent on a Sunday afternoon.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

"Unfortunately I'm still in Ohio."

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1130144125074984960

That's over $17,000 US for the National Network of Abortion Funds. I'd say that's a pretty happy number.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Grape posted:

"Unfortunately I'm still in Ohio."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:negative:

e: you owe us a happy post

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

the knock down the house documentary on netflix is happy

they made a film about groverhous?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Chokes McGee posted:

:negative:

e: you owe us a happy post

Well, I'm not in Ohio. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grape posted:

Well, I'm not in Ohio. :)

dang that was quick

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

I swear half of the population of Ohio has moved to Portland in the last 10 years.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dickbutt Ouroboros posted:

I swear half of the population of Ohio has moved to Portland in the last 10 years.

Your username could not possibly match this post better.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

got any sevens posted:

they made a film about groverhous?

the moneypit?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dickbutt Ouroboros posted:

I lived in Austin in 2006 and everyone I met had just moved from Ohio or Michigan. In 2009 it was California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Ohio really and truly is a great place to be from, but never to move back to.