Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

he's obviously mocking D&D's post-episode commentary style here

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

what was even the point of this loving show and books?

the fight for power is bad?

really insightfull GRR and Dand D

I thought the message was put aside your petty conflicts and get along because death is coming for us all but then they poo poo all over that by having the White Walker conflict resolve in episode 3 and then had them go right back to petty arguments over the throne.

So I guess the message is humans are dumb and petty which to be fair is pretty accurate.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

This aged very, very, poorly

bran is trump i guess. but i love how moron white woke women/wine mom on twitter have basically turned dany into there dumb mary sue walter white character. the screaming tonight will be great.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The cast has gathered to watch the ship go down in flames in real time with the rest of us suckers.

https://twitter.com/themkidsdaddy/status/1130157290365939713

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mat Cauthon posted:

The cast has gathered to watch the ship go down in flames in real time with the rest of us suckers.

Pilou Asbæk in character still or is he just the sort of guy to bring a guitar to a party

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dillane really didnt give a gently caress about this show eh?

i think the guy is a good actor, where i can watch good entertainment with him?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

DoctorGonzo posted:

what was even the point of this loving show and books?

oligarchy is bad

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DoctorGonzo posted:

I've heard good things about The Tunnel (crime drama) from family but haven't seen it personally.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Mat Cauthon posted:

Conleth Hill would make a great Uncle Fester.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

So is anything of note going to happen today? Like, any alternative endings that appear similarly likely to King Bran, so we can subvert some expectations here?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Goons Are Great posted:

So is anything of note going to happen today? Like, any alternative endings that appear similarly likely to King Bran, so we can subvert some expectations here?

Honestly, no.

The other day my brain was so desperate for an alternative that I started trying to convince myself that something, ANYTHING, other than Bran would happen, that it was all just disinformation and the real ending was truly hidden, but I couldn't make myself become a Bran truther. :smith:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Quote =/= edit

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The poop ending is still possible

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Watching John Wick 3 makes you really realize how badly D&D hosed up by not utilizing the dire wolves but I guess sometimes you've just got to have a big, dumb, pointless zombie bear to work into the plot.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Pilou Asbæk in character still or is he just the sort of guy to bring a guitar to a party

Sure looks like a pretty decent photoshop to me.

PrincessKate
Mar 16, 2004

Let's get it on, honey.

DoctorGonzo posted:

John Adams

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Seconding John Adams; hes excellent in it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

The Phantom Menace came out 20 years ago today. Appropriate that Game of Thrones will end tonight with a similar reception and legacy.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The British knockoff of The Bridge stars Dillane, if you want to see him act against an autistic character

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I really need to get around to watching the UK and US versions of that one of these days

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You really don't. They're functionally shot for shot remakes. I think they both diverge in the second season and you could absolutely pick it up midstream.

I guess it works as a fun comparative project.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl mostly just want to see Kruger and Posey's interpretations of the lead lady.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just 3.5 hours left before we can end it all here.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I've never gone into a hour of television feeling so much like it's a chore. I honestly may skip it.

Edit: still looking to see how I get Bravosi'd out of my death pool winnings.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I've never gone into a hour of television feeling so much like it's a chore. I honestly may skip it.

Edit: still looking to see how I get Bravosi'd out of my death pool winnings.

Nah this is a blast going in spoiled. Same with eps 3-5 where we all knew what happened but not the absolute details around stuff

So 3 was seeing stills of Arya jumping and killing nk and going wait how'd she get there and then seeing the leadup go worse than imaginable
4 was seeing the clips of rhaegal dying and going wait how'd euron not get seen
5 was knowing the bells were going to happen but figuring there had to be more depth to what was happening

6 is going to be a "why did the dothraki disappear and why are the unsullied making their demands then being ok with Jon taking the black" as well as the leadup to king bran being incomprehensible

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

clown shoes posted:

The Phantom Menace came out 20 years ago today. Appropriate that Game of Thrones will end tonight with a similar reception and legacy.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Does that mean in 20 years we get to read the same obnoxious “no, it’s actually good” articles that I’m seeing for TPM?:bang:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's still hard to believe why they would choose to end the series with King Bran. Why? Who is this for?

It seems like they tried to go for a controversial/subversive ending, but without anything good to go with it. They could have just had a milquetoast King Jon ending and fans would have probably mostly accepted that.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Either this is a colossal fuckup by D&D (99% chance) or there's something left to be seen:

No Dany on Drogon's back.

E: Damnit, there's a shot later where she's clearly on Drogon. Another colossal fuckup by D&D.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 19, 2019

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Can't wait to watch (what's left of) the army of rapists and slavers abandon the war-ravaged and defenseless continent ripe for pillaging to get back on the boats they hate and go free slaves instead.

I get the unsullied doing that but they really had no idea what to do with the dothraki and have been spinning their wheels with them for so long.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dany obviously took a break from the dragon to kill some kids personally by her own hand

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

As Nero Danced posted:

I get the unsullied doing that but they really had no idea what to do with the dothraki and have been spinning their wheels with them for so long.
When was the last time there was a Dothraki character with a name, personality and lines?

Even the Wildlings still have Tormund.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I won't be able to watch this for a while so I wanted to wish everyone good luck for tonight! It's almost over. One last squeeze of the butthole and this turd disappears into the bowl forever and we are all free. Just as MLK envisioned

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sky Shadowing posted:

Either this is a colossal fuckup by D&D (99% chance) or there's something left to be seen:

No Dany on Drogon's back.

E: Damnit, there's a shot later where she's clearly on Drogon. Another colossal fuckup by D&D.

I think she sits farther back than that. What you've circled is the base of Drogon's neck.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Got some leaked subs from tonight

Opening Credits

Arya: Hey guys check out this magic horse I found

Bran: It's me.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah also she practically lies down on him, she never actually sat straight up there. It is within the range of plausibility to assume you just can't see her as from this angle you'd at best see her hair floating around.

Also, so pumped for this exciting finale, I hope you guys are ready to witness TV history!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

feedmyleg posted:

I think she sits farther back than that. What you've circled is the base of Drogon's neck.

Not my picture, stole it off /r/freefolk (though I re-uploaded it because of the no leeching images rules).

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Opferwurst posted:

I won't be able to watch this for a while so I wanted to wish everyone good luck for tonight! It's almost over. One last squeeze of the butthole and this turd disappears into the bowl forever and we are all free. Just as MLK envisioned

Coming, Spring 2020, "A Game of Thorns!" Just Oleanna Tyrell yelling at people with her comedic roomates on the lanai. Rosia is from the midlands and very proper! Blancherion is from the sotherlands and is a lustful woman. Together with Oleanna's mother, Sophisteria, they daily conquer the threats of the land with wisdom, and a little learning too.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Me watching this season:
https://i.imgur.com/SCFiG4d.gifv

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm also really shocked HBO is going for the age of heroes prequel rather than Robert's Rebellion
You'd think they would want that Star Wars prequel-esque "look it's all your favorite guys but younger" sorta thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Wouldn't a Robert's Rebellion series be rather short? It didn't even last a year.