Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Next page is gonna be Allison giving a puzzled look, all "is that someone I know? he looks familiar but I can't put a finger on it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Gotta admit, Zaid looks a lot hotter with a bit of grizzle.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Bongo Bill posted:

Solomon wants to lose fair and square, so he's probably not going to make his challenger fight him immediately after the last round.

You know Solomon is a big enough prick to give his competitor a senzu bean just so no one can doubt that he won legitimately.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
His administration seems to be entirely ruled by his sons, I wouldn't trust the guy's notion of fairness too much.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can't wait for one of his progeny to join the tournament and get dunked immediately by a drunken beetle-man wrestler

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Cryophage I appreciate your dedication but surely :10bux:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can't wait for one of his progeny to join the tournament and get dunked immediately by a drunken beetle-man wrestler

I'm sure his surviving sons have figured out that a career as a cosseted bureaucrat in no way prepares you for no-holds-barred death matches.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm sure his surviving sons have figured out that a career as a cosseted bureaucrat in no way prepares you for no-holds-barred death matches.

Surely at least one of his failsons went into military service

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cryophage posted:

In Gog We Trust

Genuine laughter here. You're pretty good! :ocelot:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao if you think solomon doesnt make his sons learn mastery of some martial art he personally invented

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tollymain posted:

lmao if you think solomon doesnt make his sons learn mastery of some martial art he personally invented

The ancient art of You-Will-Never-Please-Your-Father Fu is strong indeed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it doesnt even make them special because its a core part of his military's subculture w solomon himself taking conscripts to the mat when present in the flesh

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Cryophage posted:

In Gog We Trust
gogdamn

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

its fun to say!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Surely at least one of his failsons went into military service

Speaking from experience, military command also does not adequately prepare you for winning knife fights, unless you learn in one of those exciting countries where "tribal coup" is a legitimate career concern, and/or a Prussian officer Corps.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 19, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think my favourite among the depicted competitors is the masked leatherman with the axes. He looks like he's already chopped a few hundred people into dogfood just left of the panel and has no intention of stopping.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
e: wrong thread

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 19, 2019

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

true royalty would just make this the right thread

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Dead Reckoning posted:

The monkey cheese lol random Hot Topic demiurge is not the best.

having read the comic up to this point THIS is where I draw the line, NOW its just getting silly.... JUST now...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dead Reckoning posted:

The monkey cheese lol random Hot Topic demiurge is not the best.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Honesty has rarely been popular.

I am glad you are still wrong about everything.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I will say, while Gog Agog is great, Incubus is still the most compelling and interesting for me.
Mottom and Solomon are also top tier. No strong feelings on Jadis until we learn more about Paperweight New God.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

mammon ranks real high for me personally.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They're all good bad guys.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

They're all good bad guys.

you take that back mammon is sweet and pure.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mammon is a bad good guy

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Motherfucker posted:

He's the best dog. Just the best.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

None of the Demiurges have been boring or disappointing so far. Jadis and Jagganoth haven't had a chance to show their stuff yet, but the other five are all characters I enjoy reading.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sick twist: Kill boss was Jagganoth who occasionally goes around in lesser form getting into scraps in order to feel a challenge for once.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I am nervous about Gog-Agog because her characterization has been less clear or consistent since the first version.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

I am nervous about Gog-Agog because her characterization has been less clear or consistent since the first version.

I’m nervous about anyone that has “Scourge of Worlds” as a title and is also a writhing mass of sentient worms that could secretly be anyone you thought you knew or loved.

She’s basically Slither: the Demiurge.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Bussamove posted:

I’m nervous about anyone that has “Scourge of Worlds” as a title and is also a writhing mass of sentient worms that could secretly be anyone you thought you knew or loved.

She’s basically Slither: the Demiurge.
"It could be you! It could be me! It could even be-[SEVEN SINS PUNISHES THE SINNER'S SPINE]"
"Princess what the gently caress?!"
"You heard him, he said it was him. Now all we gotta do is wait for him to turn into a pile of worms. [pause] Any minute now."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

he is literally the wealthiest banker in the multiverse

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bongo Bill posted:

he is literally the wealthiest banker in the multiverse

Which makes him the biggest bastard to ever bastard.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Mammon's a good boy. :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
corrupted by avarice

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm not entirely sure Mammon is even greedy in the sense we comprehend that concept. He just likes counting.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look not to the soldiers, but to the makers of industry, for the coin is far more blood soaked than the sword could ever hope to be

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I'm not entirely sure Mammon is even greedy in the sense we comprehend that concept. He just likes counting.

...counting the number of coins it takes to pay for your entire extended family to be murdered?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

YaketySass posted:

His administration seems to be entirely ruled by his sons, I wouldn't trust the guy's notion of fairness too much.

I think there was a Tumblr Q&A or a post somewhere that said Solomon only has sons through martial arts breathing bullshit because he can't bear the thought of replacing his daughters who died back in his origin story.

I guess it would be nice of him to bring in someone other than family though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mimesweeper posted:

I think there was a Tumblr Q&A or a post somewhere that said Solomon only has sons through martial arts breathing bullshit because he can't bear the thought of replacing his daughters who died back in his origin story.

Probably also because changing his sons to daughters would alter the dynamic of the throne room scene in ways that the audience would have a lot of problems with.