Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Odo is like Batman, except he only plans ahead to embarrass you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The_Doctor posted:

I love that he's got that particular PADD just lying around for this such occasion.

One might think PADDs are just SUPER fast at looking things up. But no, we know they can only hold one file. Odo definitely had that ready for a Worf interaction.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's a random PADD, Odo committed the list to memory.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Paradoxish posted:

This guy's facial expression and the weird, empty blandness behind him literally screams "I am in a Best Buy ad"

It's all I can see.

"Hello, sir, are you having problems with your cell phone?"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Astroman posted:

"Hello, sir, are you having problems with your cell phone?"

"It says it's on a 5G signal, but I ran a diagnostic and it's clearly only 4G."
"Well, the icon says 5G."
"THERE ARE 4 G's!"

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Odo is like Batman, except he only plans ahead to embarrass you.

Honestly a much better use of personnel dossiers imo

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Whenever Odo is losing an argument with Kira, he reminds her of that time she got chumped by the Dax stealing dude’s henchwoman

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Odo just methodically compiles lists of failures to periodically own absolutely everyone. A random Dabo girl stumbles in, crying about Quark robbing her and Odo harumphs, pulls out a PADD, then lambastes her for things she did before even taking the job for Quark.

Then he pretends to be a surly drink tray with a commbadge to get dirt on Quark; not to prosecute him, but to remind him that Quark is free only through Odo's bemusement.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Sir Lemming posted:

"THERE ARE 4 G's!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Over the weekend I watched the episode Genesis and that is one of my favorite TNG episodes ever. Watching it again years later makes me appreciate it even more. My only complaint was that I wish it was longer so we could see what more of the crew transformed into.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Over the weekend I watched the episode Genesis and that is one of my favorite TNG episodes ever. Watching it again years later makes me appreciate it even more. My only complaint was that I wish it was longer so we could see what more of the crew transformed into.

Is that the one with spider barclay, if so I sort of agree.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The non-ending of Genesis makes me laugh possibly more than any other Star Trek non-ending. Good thing everyone got fixed up by the tech. Except for that guy that Neanderthal Worf loving slaughtered with his bare hands, he’s still dead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

marktheando posted:

Is that the one with spider barclay, if so I sort of agree.

It is, Spider Barclay is the best Barclay.

skasion posted:

The non-ending of Genesis makes me laugh possibly more than any other Star Trek non-ending. Good thing everyone got fixed up by the tech. Except for that guy that Neanderthal Worf loving slaughtered with his bare hands, he’s still dead

The ships normal roster is about 1,030 people, and Data mentioned there were 1,011 life signs on the Enterprise during that incident. So a lot of people were horribly murdered off screen, possibly by more than just Worf. :stare:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I thought the number they usually used was 1,012 or 1,018 or something like that. I seem to recall that once they stated a specific number they kept repeating that same number in future episodes (with the exception of Genesis).

Also you have to admit the Enterprise got off lucky. If it had happened to another ship that the Enterprise encountered, you know it would have been like thirty survivors or something like that.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

I seem to recall that episode's kind of derided for its nonsensical plot. I love it. Worf's transformation coupled with Picard's growing nervousness turns it into an excellent horror story.

Maybe they should've made it a 2-parter so the ending didn't have to be so abrupt.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wish they'd explored more of the alien progenitor species. That could've been cool. The proto-klingon was badass, like a crab-man. Evil Zoidberg.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I thought the number they usually used was 1,012 or 1,018 or something like that. I seem to recall that once they stated a specific number they kept repeating that same number in future episodes (with the exception of Genesis).

Allow me to effortlessly pull 1,014 from my memory.
:goonsay:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

CPColin posted:

Allow me to effortlessly pull 1,014 from my memory.
:goonsay:

Seriously, I thought this thread was full of fans. I've had that number seared into my brain since I was 9 years old!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The Enterprise-D is crewed by 1027.125 people.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I can never get used to Picard's open velours jacket. He tends to wear it on the bridge and on official occasions and it never not looks like he's just casually letting his uniform jacket hang open to me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The Enterprise-D is crewed by 1027.125 people.

Actually it’s crewed by Captain Jean-Luc Picard and CMO Beverly Crusher and they’ve never needed any other crew.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Actually it’s crewed by Captain Jean-Luc Picard and CMO Beverly Crusher and they’ve never needed any other crew.

When the universe is only 705 meters in diameter, why need more than two people to explore it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There Must Be Something Wrong With The Universe is simultaneously the most rational and the most batshit crazy conclusion for her to draw

I love that episode though, Traveler and all

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Dalen Quaice Dalen Quaice Dalen Quaice Dalen Quaice Dalen Quaice

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The Bloop posted:

There Must Be Something Wrong With The Universe is simultaneously the most rational and the most batshit crazy conclusion for her to draw

I love that episode though, Traveler and all
It's goddamn perfect is what it is

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Sir Lemming posted:

"THERE ARE 4 G's!"

Star Trek: THERE ARE 4 G's!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bucswabe posted:

Seriously, I thought this thread was full of fans. I've had that number seared into my brain since I was 9 years old!

clearly I need to re-read my copy of the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Actually, what I really need to dig up is my old collection of TNG trading cards from the early 90s...

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Actually, what I really need to dig up is my old collection of TNG trading cards from the early 90s...

Post pics, take me back in time

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I draw this same conclusion on Friday nights after drinking a few (dozen) too many and trying to remember not to roll over onto my back when I pass out.

"Thersh shumming wrong wivva universe... na'mme..."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Post pics, take me back in time

It's gonna be awhile, if they're anywhere they're buried somewhere in my mom's garage, but if I ever get around to it I will certainly post some scans.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DS9's A Man Alone is tonight's episode on H&I, and holy poo poo is Bashir a loving creepazoid in this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

DS9's A Man Alone is tonight's episode on H&I, and holy poo poo is Bashir a loving creepazoid in this.

hes like the one character that the fandom re-interpreted as better written than the writers ever managed

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Timby posted:

Is this the one where the dude was a clone all along? I don't remember a drat thing about Bashir being in this episode

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BBC America's listings getting a little wonky

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

skasion posted:

Is this the one where the dude was a clone all along? I don't remember a drat thing about Bashir being in this episode
Yeah a criminal makes a clone of himself and makes it look like Odo killed him

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Odo: Killing a clone is still murder! You're under arrest!

*second, new clone with full memories of plotting and carrying out his own murder wakes up*

Clone: Wow, pretty hosed up what I did!

Odo: Yes. Anyway you're free to go, here's the keys to the spaceship we got your material from.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not sure that clone necessarily has the original's memories.

But also, the worst episode of modern Star Trek is "Sub Rosa", and I don't understand how that isn't a universally held opinion.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Odo: Killing a clone is still murder! You're under arrest!

Always wondered if Odo wanted a word with Riker and Pulaski about that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

As absurd as Sub Rosa is (like Beverly’s dead grandma rising from the grave with Force lightning), Threshold is pretty drat bad and just dumb with its science.