Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

CaPensiPraxis posted:

Ah yes, the evil hypocracy of "we care about the welfare of children*, let's not traumatize or kill them by neglect"

*yes yes, Imperialism I know.

Maybe it's more the fault of the parents who bring the children along while theyr'e committing a crime. Maybe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Maybe it's more the fault of the parents who bring the children along while theyr'e committing a crime. Maybe

Nah pretty sure it's the people running a kiddie death camp.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Shifty Pony posted:

Smoothie has a buddy named Milkshake. He is a ridiculous creature:

Who, unlike the dairy beverage, should not be thrown at fascists.

Your cat is broken.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Grape posted:

Reagan and Daddy Bush were also much closer to the USSR by the end of the 80's and into the early 90's when it went belly up. The stuff the right gets hard over is more the Andropov/Chernenko and early Gorbachev parts of the 80's.
Like it's hilarious they think Reagan just beat his manly chest hard enough to collapse them or whatever.

The usual argument is that Reagan's renewed round of defense spending (Star Wars™, but also serious projects) finally drove the USSR into bankruptcy while attempting to keep up with the arms race. However, the USSR's economy had already flatlined more or less on its own in the late 70's. Spending 17-25% of your GNP on the military (estimate circa 1988) certainly wasn't healthy compared to the US's ~6-7%, but it wasn't the primary factor.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

"I can almost eat off of the dinner table all by myself. No booster seat. I'm such a big boy now."

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

"Families Belong Together"
*Trump gives families the option to be together*
"Uh... n-nevermind"

Look at this cool dude and his cool posts

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Kale posted:

I honestly was not expecting Gorsuch to be a potential swing vote judge. This also means that Roberts probably voted in the dissenting column which doesn't exactly fill one with much confidence in Supreme Court and the idea that he's any sort of reliable swing vote. Alito, Thomas and Kavanaugh are obviously hot garbage and should be expected to side with the regressive opinion pretty much every time as they always have. The upcoming potential Roe v. Wade saving decision pretty much shakes up like

Overturning:

Alito
Thomas
Kavanaugh

?????:

Gorsuch
Roberts

Keeping:

Breyer
Sotomayor
Ginsburg
Kagan

Not exactly a great look considering we shouldn't even be having this conversation in 2019, but given McConell's obsession with slamming hyper conservative judges through nomination it could look a whole lot worse considering through hell and high water Ginsburg is still there. Imagine if Obama never got 2 picks as well. Imagine Bush or Trump got them instead. :gonk:

It's going to be worse. Thomas is going to retire this summer, and the court is going to have a 5-seat conservative majority that will likely last for 4 or 5 decades, unless the Democratic Party gets its poo poo together with regard to packing the Supreme Court. Trump has also appointed 1/6th of the judges that currently sit on federal courts, and that number is only going to grow.

The Democratic Party has been completely out-maneuvered on the courts.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feinne posted:

Nah pretty sure it's the people running a kiddie death camp.

If they just sent them back immediately instead of detaining them the open borders people would complain that they weren't given due process

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You might just seem to know what you are talking about if every single death in our custody wasn’t a child seeking asylum.

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

The 'crime' of seeking asylum?

Edit: on second thought, not even going with a rhetorical question here. Dumb opinion you have there

CaPensiPraxis fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 20, 2019

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The Sean posted:

literally soulless, dead eyes

"Like a doll's eyes"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

If they just sent them back immediately instead of detaining them the open borders people would complain that they weren't given due process

It's like you could give the people seeking asylum due process and ALSO not hold children in a death camp.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

You can detain people without murdering their children, hth.

jklfdsa
Oct 30, 2006
blah

Kale posted:

I honestly was not expecting Gorsuch to be a potential swing vote judge. This also means that Roberts probably voted in the dissenting column which doesn't exactly fill one with much confidence in Supreme Court and the idea that he's any sort of reliable swing vote. Alito, Thomas and Kavanaugh are obviously hot garbage and should be expected to side with the regressive opinion pretty much every time as they always have.

I think that's an overly optimistic take on what's happening. Gorsuch voted with the liberals on one of his pet issues where he's somewhat reasonable. Roberts may do the same from time to time. But there's not going to be a swingy, moderate judge that everyone tries to win over, because no one on the court is really a moderate or persuadable. There are just rare, seemingly random, minor issues where one of the right-wingers has quirky views.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

They should have known about our child concentration camps when they were fleeing US-backed instability and intense poverty in their home countries!

Welcome to SA, MAGA fash.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
You guys are responding to a chud troll.

It seems weird that right-wingers don't like abortions since they're eugenic. I mean not because of the race gap but because people who get abortions just tend to be stupider. Allowing abortions gets them out of the gene pool to prevent Idiocracy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feinne posted:

It's like you could give the people seeking asylum due process and ALSO not hold children in a death camp.

Junior G-man posted:

You can detain people without murdering their children, hth.

The media and the Democrats aren't advocating for the conditions to be improved though, they're just saying to stop separating the children and then when they stopped separating the children that was worse somehow. It's because they don't really give a poo poo about children, all they care about is making Trump look bad and weakening the borders

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mods? Arguing about the definition of death camps was banned last week.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I checked into this and, no, it is actually the fault of the government run child internment camps, and not immigrant refugees.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

That should be the stock photo that is universally used for him.

Uhhh no humanity has that one covered

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

The media and the Democrats aren't advocating for the conditions to be improved though, they're just saying to stop separating the children and then when they stopped separating the children that was worse somehow. It's because they don't really give a poo poo about children, all they care about is making Trump look bad and weakening the borders

I think you're confusing this thread with people who are blind democrats or 'the media'?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1130497273274818560

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

:psypop:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Reminder that he is dumb as poo poo and will be right every now and then by accident

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

He just did this to spite the guy whose wife got deported.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Imagine his advisors running after him to TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW while he's off tweeting about Korea or whatever.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Mush brain can't even stay on message.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He finally started to panic that he won't be able to get abortions for the women he cheats on his wife with anymore.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Reminder that he is dumb as poo poo and will be right every now and then by accident

Ralepozozaxe posted:

He just did this to spite the guy whose wife got deported.

Junior G-man posted:

Imagine his advisors running after him to TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW while he's off tweeting about Korea or whatever.

Wooten posted:

Mush brain can't even stay on message.

Bakanogami posted:

He finally started to panic that he won't be able to get abortions for the women he cheats on his wife with anymore.

did any of y'all read the article

if so maybe you can tell me where he "denounced" anything at all? because it looks to me like this is poo poo journalism implicitly making him seem far far more reasonable than his actual position is

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

eke out posted:

did any of y'all read the article

if so maybe you can tell me where he "denounced" anything at all? because it looks to me like this is poo poo journalism implicitly making him seem far far more reasonable than his actual position is

Yeah that article loving sucks and what he said was “I’m pro life but that bill didn’t handle rapes n poo poo”.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its because it affects him. it would make it harder on him to force an abortion on someone.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah that article loving sucks and what he said was “I’m pro life but that bill didn’t handle rapes n poo poo”.

he didn't even say anything about those bills! he just mentioned the exceptions then went on bragging without in any way connecting it to those bills not having any exceptions

you'd think people would've learned the lesson by now before buying into a non-quote headline implying donald trump did something Actually Good

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah that's a bad tweet.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Sean posted:

"I can almost eat off of the dinner table all by myself. No booster seat. I'm such a big boy now."
Seriously? This needs to be on every loving page? Really? gently caress his stupid face and gently caress whoever keeps posting this bullshit celebration of this fucker's happy day. If he isn't loving crying than stop posting pictures of these fascist babies.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/1130163073082224640?s=19

Lmao

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah the connection is extremely tenuous, he says he favors the exceptions and we must stay united or whatever. The headlines are all making it out to be him denouncing the bill, whereas he's just sightly contradicting it. It would've been quite a thing to see, if he actually did -- since it's literally the only reason a not-insignificant subset of voters will go for him in 2020.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

My guess is that Trump currently has lawsuits or threats to go public from women that he has impregnated, and then paid for their abortions. And by that I mean they got abortions and he never paid for them. Cohen would be the one to ask.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trump has been burned by this before- in 2016 he did some interview where he said that women who have abortions should be punished. Then both sides began screaming in unison and he walked it back after someone managed to get it through his head how much that could hurt him. And now someone signed literally that into law, and the idea that it's bad is still stuck in his brain so it popped out again.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

eke out posted:

he didn't even say anything about those bills! he just mentioned the exceptions then went on bragging without in any way connecting it to those bills not having any exceptions

you'd think people would've learned the lesson by now before buying into a non-quote headline implying donald trump did something Actually Good

NPR had an interview with Standard Republican Flak #77 this morning where the guy repeatedly stated that Trump had criticized the abortion bills, and then attempted to spin it as a big win for Republicans because Trump "Represents the real Republican party which knows how to put the brakes on, voters know they can trust their President to lead from the front even when his own party gets too heated" or something like that.

It was really, really weird. "Actually we meant to criticize our own party for being nutbags!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gorson posted:

My guess is that Trump currently has lawsuits or threats to go public from women that he has impregnated, and then paid for their abortions. And by that I mean they got abortions and he never paid for them. Cohen would be the one to ask.

please leave weird fanfic out of this thread

donald trump openly supports these bills that illegally completely criminalize abortion. he happens to nominally support rape/incest exceptions, but they don't matter and it's just a figleaf and they're not stopping him from supporting these insane bills.

if any of this stuff you say was true, it would've already happened