Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Any insight into which barb set dungeon is the easiest to deal with? The Earth one was super fiddly and dumb with the whole "use these skills in this exact combo, including hard-casting earthquake" gimmick.

IK, by far one of the easiest Set Dungeons in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Last season I kinda peaked out at t6 because I'm a filthy casual

This season I'm starting at t7 and I'm doing 3000% extra damage and it's great

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Bit late to ask and apologies if this has been addressed earlier and I skimmed it... but is the LoN season bonus restricted the same way that the rings work, in that no other set bonuses must be active?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Zarin posted:

Which skills are you using?

I'm considering trying a TR (or maybe FB?) Explosive Blast build. Not sure if it'll put out the damage, but I think it should be able to fit a Goldwrap.

Just standard channel meteor. Explosive Blast is definitely tankier but I think the item requirements are pretty tight. I'm not sure on the damage output since they buffed EB, it was a bit weak couple seasons ago prior to the buff.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/13585291

e: Looks like you could go In-Geom and Infinite Depth for weapons, Wand of Woh in cube. Then Goldwrap wrap in cube. Gonna give that a try when I go home.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 20, 2019

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

5er posted:

Bit late to ask and apologies if this has been addressed earlier and I skimmed it... but is the LoN season bonus restricted the same way that the rings work, in that no other set bonuses must be active?

Yep

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

5er posted:

Correct.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Had to stop and take a pic of this huge goblin pack I ran into from one of my rifts (what you see on screen isn't even all of it), and during my selfie, I died. That's my story.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Lol well, while I'm certain I'm going land somewhere around GR100 before peacing out for the season, there may as well not even be a season bonus for me here.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Rinkles posted:

If you're lucky enough to find an ancient early the LoN bonus will slingshot you to higher torments, but once you start completing sets (or earlier for some set bonuses) you'll most likely be better off going green.

Then maybe return to trying an LoN build once you have some cohesion in your selection of ancients.
Yeah, I used the LoN bonus with the first couple random ancients I got to get the 6 piece, then switched to the 6 piece for awhile, then switched back once I had enough useful ancients. It helped that my 6p build and my LoN build were mostly the same.

I still haven't actually switched to Blood Nova full-time: I mostly just run around as a goddamn racecar with Steuart's Greaves and Fueled by Death and hardcast Death Nova, and just use the Iron Rose power as a boss killer.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I have never, ever gotten an ancient anything. Ever.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Oldstench posted:

I have never, ever gotten an ancient anything. Ever.

:stare:

The odds of any given legendary being ancient is approximately 1 in 10. If you've ever completed a season, even to the Chapter 4 level, you should have gotten several.

e: This also counts for stat rerolling and upgrade-rare-to-ancient, the only thing that actively can't be ancient are set item to set item conversions.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

:stare:

The odds of any given legendary being ancient is approximately 1 in 10. If you've ever completed a season, even to the Chapter 4 level, you should have gotten several.

I just completed this season to Ch.4 and didn't get a single ancient.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Oldstench posted:

I just completed this season to Ch.4 and didn't get a single ancient.

Then either you're looking for primal ancients instead of ancients, or you're looking at the wrong thing to determine what "an ancient" is, or you have such hilariously bad luck that you should find a D&D group to play immediately with so you can amuse your party members and befuddle the GM with your perpetual natural 0s.

e: It's literally a coin flip statistically, roughly 50/50, that at least one of the legendaries from the combined season gift bags is ancient, before talking about any other legendaries you see drop.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 20, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Then either you're looking for primal ancients instead of ancients, or you're looking at the wrong thing to determine what "an ancient" is, or you have such hilariously bad luck that you should find a D&D group to play immediately with so you can amuse your party members and befuddle the GM with your perpetual natural 0s.

e: It's literally a coin flip statistically, roughly 50/50, that at least one of the legendaries from the combined season gift bags is ancient, before talking about any other legendaries you see drop.

Will Wheaton already has a lock on cursed dice roller.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Just looking for regular ancients. I understand that I'm statistically an outlier here, but I'm not lying.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i'm complete up through chapter 3 and like 50% of the way through 4 and i haven't seen an ancient or primal ancient either. 1 in 10 is still just a guesstimate, it's not a promise that you will definitely get an ancient by the end of your 10th legendary (unless there's some BLP built in that i have still managed to fail).

what do you mean "you're looking at the wrong thing to determine what an ancient is"? i am assuming it's when a legendary item has the word "primal" and/or "ancient" appended to the name. is that not it? is there something else that can drop that counts "as an ancient" without being a legendary item? are their ancient yellows or blues?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

And the second legendary that drops for me today is my first ancient. All I had to do was bitch here. Another goon success story.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i'm complete up through chapter 3 and like 50% of the way through 4 and i haven't seen an ancient or primal ancient either. 1 in 10 is still just a guesstimate, it's not a promise that you will definitely get an ancient by the end of your 10th legendary (unless there's some BLP built in that i have still managed to fail).

what do you mean "you're looking at the wrong thing to determine what an ancient is"? i am assuming it's when a legendary item has the word "primal" and/or "ancient" appended to the name. is that not it? is there something else that can drop that counts "as an ancient" without being a legendary item? are their ancient yellows or blues?

To be clear, ancient items have golden outlined cards and primals have red outlines. Less visible indicators include having the word Ancient prepended to their type, so like "Ancient Legendary Two-Handed Mace," and higher stat roll ranges. Primals only drop once you've cleared GR70, and you're guaranteed one per league when you hit that condition.

You'll come across one eventually.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Freaking Crumbum posted:

item has the word "primal" and/or "ancient" appended to the name.

Like they made that simple (and don't even start on the blues & yellows that are called 'primal' something).

Bracers are not ancient, chest is.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Oldstench posted:

And the second legendary that drops for me today is my first ancient. All I had to do was bitch

This seems to happen to me all the time with Kadala. I just need to publicly complain about the woman and she will soon after give me what I was looking for.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

xiansi posted:

Like they made that simple (and don't even start on the blues & yellows that are called 'primal' something).

Bracers are not ancient, chest is.

Appended to the item type ("Ancient Legendary [slot]" or "Ancient Set [slot]"), not the name. The outline is generally more noticeable to me anyway.

There are only so many words they could use for "powerful", I guess. Remember how vanilla had an awkward translation problem for difficulty names because "Inferno" is just Italian for "Hell"?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Freaking Crumbum posted:

RNG is RNG, yeah, it's just a matter of "congratulations you're a huge statistical outlier" the longer you go without. "Looking at the wrong thing" just means I know there are people who've confused ancients and primal ancients before when it comes to LoN.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Will Styles posted:

This seems to happen to me all the time with Kadala. I just need to publicly complain about the woman and she will soon after give me what I was looking for.

loving hell if this doesn't happen nearly every time.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’m going to get a full blackthorns set before I get a single item for my build.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Playing a skeleton mage necro this season and just got this:

Pretty happy rn.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lozareth posted:

Playing a skeleton mage necro this season and just got this:

Pretty happy rn.

Jelly.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
If anyone has never played a LeapQuake Barb... Do that. This is seriously the most satisfying build I’ve ever played, and I’m not really geared all that great: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Hellbound-1199/hero/9303797

For some reason bnet isn’t showing my RoRG that makes the set work with the lit socks. The combo of multiple leapquakes just destroying screens followed by +1000% seismic slams in the downtime and hoovering up globes for infinite rage to star again is just wonderful.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It took me a couple attempts to beat the new Necromancer CR (the first attempt I died in about 3 seconds to the first few enemies), mostly due to running out of time, but I managed to get through. eventually.

My wizard found an Unstable Scepter while running rifts and cubed that, and now my orbs are dissolving most things on one hit, and even uniques don't last more than a couple seconds, so that should help speed me up to 70.

My Demon Hunter is only level 19, but his killing power is utter shite. All my other characters are is up to Master difficulty now, but I think I need to drop the DH down to Hard because he just can't kill with any speed.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Lordshmee posted:

If anyone has never played a LeapQuake Barb... Do that. This is seriously the most satisfying build I’ve ever played, and I’m not really geared all that great: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Hellbound-1199/hero/9303797

For some reason bnet isn’t showing my RoRG that makes the set work with the lit socks. The combo of multiple leapquakes just destroying screens followed by +1000% seismic slams in the downtime and hoovering up globes for infinite rage to star again is just wonderful.

This guy knows what's up, Leapquake is a blast.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I didn't know how much I needed Blood Rush plus Steuart's Greaves in my life until today. Necro is amazing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Antioch posted:

This guy knows what's up, Leapquake is a blast.

It's seriously delightful and I'll be sad once it falls off and I have to play something else.

Still truckin' without a problem at GR85 though. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Rilgon-1445/hero/110966411

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lozareth posted:

I didn't know how much I needed Blood Rush plus Steuart's Greaves in my life until today. Necro is amazing.

:hi5:
I got pretty lucky and got a pretty good Ring of Royal Grandeur that I'm going to use with my Inarius set cause I CANNOT do without Steuart's Greaves on my feet after S16.
It is unacceptable.

Also.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Over p600 and no gifts yet. I'm usually swimming in them by this point.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

Over p600 and no gifts yet. I'm usually swimming in them by this point.

I'm close to the same Paragon and in the same boat. It's the worst because there's no way to reroll or force one to drop, they just happen.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Ancient cindercoat rolled two sockets and I love it. What an incredible trash piece that's still amazing just by its fixed qualities!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

My Demon Hunter is only level 19, but his killing power is utter shite. All my other characters are is up to Master difficulty now, but I think I need to drop the DH down to Hard because he just can't kill with any speed.

In general, imo, you should stick to hard unless you have at least one damage multiplier legendary effect, and even then sometimes it's not worth it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rinkles posted:

In general, imo, you should stick to hard unless you have at least one damage multiplier legendary effect, and even then sometimes it's not worth it.

Master is fine if you can pull it off, Expert is the trap difficulty where it's never worth it and more XP if you drop to Hard.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I've figured out that for Followers, you want to pick skills which inflict statuses on enemies, but if you main character is a melee fighter, how to choose between Scoundrel and Enchantress? Does it matter much?

A question I'm pondering for later - How does a Barbarian deal with "Reflects Damage" enemies? I know they're a little different in that they shoot projectiles, but they still shoot them in your direction. I doubt it'll be worth it to keep "Throwing Axes" on your skill bar just for them, and the longer-range fury spells will eat through it all before the Elite's HP is depleted.

Rinkles posted:

So he's supposed to be sucking at this point, got it. I was just wondering because other classes seem to be having no problem killing things on Master at the same point in the game. I did craft a bunch of rare items and that helped, and the new level 20 skills seem to be helpful as well. I still might drop down, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

A question I'm pondering for later - How does a Barbarian deal with "Reflects Damage" enemies?

80% DR, jumping out of the way, and healing for like 600k every time I blow through a rage bar with Seismic Slam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
game i appreciate it if this is your way of compensating for my lovely luck at the beginning, but enough with the ancient KPs already

i think i've seen one non-ancient one