Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Lol. I got my kp from my first cube upgrade but ever since then I only got greenstones for 8 times straight!

Also this set is just stupid. One of my friends went with wizard and he's struggling with t4.

Meanwhile I went with DH with this other friend who went WD and shot into t10 with no effort. We're definitely glass cannons but we've got plenty of easy paragon left to farm.

My wizard bud isn't having a lot of fun since he's left in the dust here tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I've figured out that for Followers, you want to pick skills which inflict statuses on enemies, but if you main character is a melee fighter, how to choose between Scoundrel and Enchantress? Does it matter much?
Choose Templar for sustain (some healing, some energy regen).
Choose Enchantress for CC or the attack speed aura.
Choose Scoundrel if you want to meme.

Usually you put CC effects on their equipment, too, since they don't really do significant damage: Eun-jang-do/Thunderfury/a couple staff options for enchantress, Ess of Johan, Oculus Ring. Unity if you're using it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Well, nuts.

Lost a lvl 70 GR +Empower when I hosed up, died and got no prompt for resurrection options. Had to Leave Game.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mindblast posted:

Lol. I got my kp from my first cube upgrade but ever since then I only got greenstones for 8 times straight!

Also this set is just stupid. One of my friends went with wizard and he's struggling with t4.

Meanwhile I went with DH with this other friend who went WD and shot into t10 with no effort. We're definitely glass cannons but we've got plenty of easy paragon left to farm.

Try to carry him until he can finish Vyr's. Once he has Vyrs and Obsidian Ring he should be relatively good.

It's likely that as soon as he finishes his meta set you two will be the ones getting carried.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 21, 2019

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'm close to the same Paragon and in the same boat. It's the worst because there's no way to reroll or force one to drop, they just happen.

Welp it finally happened in a normal rift. Your time will come soon too! Thanks thread!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
despite having virtually no idea what i was doing (never touched necro before, i learned along the way) i beat the na cr easily.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Incoherence posted:

Usually you put CC effects on their equipment, too, since they don't really do significant damage: Eun-jang-do/Thunderfury/a couple staff options for enchantress, Ess of Johan, Oculus Ring. Unity if you're using it.

Does the Templar's energy regen bonus from the level 20 passive matter that much later on?
I take that to mean "don't use the scoundrel unless you want to goof off".

Rinkles posted:

despite having virtually no idea what i was doing (never touched necro before, i learned along the way) i beat the na cr easily.

My eventual winning strategy was to run into crowds (sometimes using Bone Armor) and spamming the Life Siphon attack on LMB on anything far away while the constant blood novas hit anything close. Skeletal Mage was summoned on Elites. I also used the movement skill to speed through the second zone of the rift quickly because of all the slowing spiders and few Elites to get to the third floor.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Mindblast posted:

Firebird’s sucks. On the plus side, if you can help him farm up a Tal Rasha set then he’ll be playing my second-favorite build in the game. It’s pretty damned fun to just wade through the battlefield as a wizard melting everything with a constant rain of meteors.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

funny that it can drop ten levels before the passive is available

e:what the gently caress, seconds later

lol and i can't double equip

e2:this is a fresh hardcore character, so these were both natural drops

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 21, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After scientific testing I have determined that battle rage / bloodshed is the most OP skill combo in the game. It’s ridiculous

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

funny that it can drop ten levels before the passive is available

e:what the gently caress, seconds later

lol and i can't double equip

e2:this is a fresh hardcore character, so these were both natural drops

no way really to abuse MH early on, is there?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Is the Ancient drop rate higher this season than others? It sure seems that way, but maybe it's because I'm paying much more attention to them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s def because you care more about them.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Current stupid question: can someone explain the "scoring" for greater rifts? I need the "solo to 20" and 5 jewelery recipe challenges to finish the I-IV reward.

I ran my first grift last night, see pop up like "you completed level 13". I ran another, similar time and it said 15. Can I select the "play from current/highest level" option to get that to tick up or am I going about it all wrong?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You choose the tier that you want to run when you run a GR. The max available is based on either the best normal rift you've done or how far you've pushed in GRs (fast enough gets you +3 ranks to your maximum possible, etc).

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Thanks! Some of these really basic questions I have, I can't even sort through Google results without already speaking the language.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pumped up for school posted:

Current stupid question: can someone explain the "scoring" for greater rifts? I need the "solo to 20" and 5 jewelery recipe challenges to finish the I-IV reward.

I ran my first grift last night, see pop up like "you completed level 13". I ran another, similar time and it said 15. Can I select the "play from current/highest level" option to get that to tick up or am I going about it all wrong?

Btw there are 3 recipes for sale in the act 2 town

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Tried Sage's + TR explosive blast wizard and yes you can fit a goldwrap into the build to take care of toughness issues. However, it doesn't output enough damage to farm TR16. You can only kill stuff quickly if you have In Geom up already.

The meteor version can't fit in goldwrap but can kill stuff pretty quickly. I'll get randomly one shot by stuff though. This is with Unity and Karini already.

Any one have better Sage's builds that can do T16?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I tried with Sunwoku and it's a bit weak as well. I need to play around with it more as I've found some better stuff since but I definitely can't do it with in geom equipped. I'd need both 1H weapons for WoL. Also I'm a lazy player so I'm not willing to give up the sweeping wind belt so that or goldwrap is cubed instead of nems.

It's a great build for 4 mans T16s though, somebody else usually has nems does more than enough damage for you to chase along and pick up tons of DBs. :v:

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I had the same issues on Necro (then again my Sages set isn’t ancient so that may be why).
I can do it just takes ages to kill blues/yellows which is the entire point of it.

I think eventually gem levels and paragon make it speedy as T13 was last season. It’s day 5? Of the season so not too worried about it yet.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ancients or not on Sage's won't make a big difference. I'm testing the Sage's builds on my non seasonal Wizard with fairly decent gear and P1400.

You can see the explosive blast build here:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/13585291
Any comments/tweaks welcome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I always find Sage's too finicky. Even if I am ultimately getting more DBs per minute, it's not worth how much less convenient/fun to play the character ends up.

(Admittedly there's still a bunch of sets I haven't tried it with)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I always find Sage's too finicky. Even if I am ultimately getting more DBs per minute, it's not worth how much less convenient/fun to play the character ends up.

(Admittedly there's still a bunch of sets I haven't tried it with)

Yah that was the case before the bonus was changed to double DB's. But now getting 6-8 per elite kill ... it's really tempting to try and put together a good build.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Ancients or not on Sage's won't make a big difference. I'm testing the Sage's builds on my non seasonal Wizard with fairly decent gear and P1400.

You can see the explosive blast build here:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/13585291
Any comments/tweaks welcome.

Googling those shoulders, they used to have a high bonus pick up radius? That sounded awesome.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Yah that was the case before the bonus was changed to double DB's. But now getting 6-8 per elite kill ... it's really tempting to try and put together a good build.

Oh I missed that.

Okay, I guess I am making a bell monk third season in a row.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hota barb is incredible. You need three things two of which your can gamble early. Bracers of the first men, band of might and gavel of judgment. Gavel you can get by upgrading two hand mighty weapons. You can put all of these in the cube.

Add in 3 or 4 ancients and that’s it. Easy mode. You don’t need IK set.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Googling those shoulders, they used to have a high bonus pick up radius? That sounded awesome.

Oh really? They don't give +7 anymore? That's a shame. Guess I can never shard this one.

Rinkles posted:

Oh I missed that.

Okay, I guess I am making a bell monk third season in a row.

What's the bells build with Sage's?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

stuxracer posted:

I had the same issues on Necro (then again my Sages set isn’t ancient so that may be why).
I can do it just takes ages to kill blues/yellows which is the entire point of it.

Necro can't use Sage's set AND also have a 6pc set, so you may be missing the huge damage bonus and that's why you're not killing very fast.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bamhand posted:

Oh really? They don't give +7 anymore? That's a shame. Guess I can never shard this one.

What's the bells build with Sage's?

Sunwuko variant of WoL monk. Depending on what you want to do, you either do sages hands and feet but give up power from the 6pc, or swap one of those for the helm and deal with less WoL dmg% and no longer being able to range cast.

You could gold trinity on top of this but that gives up lazy belt or the option of using witching hour, as the armor cube will be for nems.

So you have a lot of options for how to build this, and depending on where you are on the paragon creep and quality and :effort: will determine where you make the sacrifices in your damage output.

Also, if you are really over geared, you swap out the not-sweeping wind stack weapon with an In-Geom for even faster clears.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DrSeRRoD posted:

Necro can't use Sage's set AND also have a 6pc set, so you may be missing the huge damage bonus and that's why you're not killing very fast.

This was mildly annoying last season; ended up leveling a wizard in part because of that :)

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yep. It’s annoying. There are builds that work at lower level but the lack of massive damage multiplier doesn’t work well. The ancient need is just more stats (and tbh I just used first made so stats suck too). It might be possible but,

It is better to just roll a different class.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dameius posted:

Sunwuko variant of WoL monk. Depending on what you want to do, you either do sages hands and feet but give up power from the 6pc, or swap one of those for the helm and deal with less WoL dmg% and no longer being able to range cast.

You could gold trinity on top of this but that gives up lazy belt or the option of using witching hour, as the armor cube will be for nems.

So you have a lot of options for how to build this, and depending on where you are on the paragon creep and quality and :effort: will determine where you make the sacrifices in your damage output.

Also, if you are really over geared, you swap out the not-sweeping wind stack weapon with an In-Geom for even faster clears.

Thanks, I'll try it out and see how it fairs in T16. Seems like damage might be a little low since you're giving up a core piece of the build with the helm. Meteor wizard has been the only build I've found that keeps all of your major damage items.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

DrSeRRoD posted:

Craft & upgrade 2h Scythe (or whatever the 'right' weapon is for your class)
Cube weapon (unless ancient)

I don't understand part of this guide, am I supposed to craft a rare 2H scythe and then upgrade it to legendary in the cube before level 70?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I did sage condemn crusader for db last time. Might try it again because they have the easiest set dungeons.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes with money from the challenge rift you can get the crafters to max level

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Incoherence posted:

Can the followers proc the "Charm" effect from the Overwhelming Desire amulet that drops in A3 caches? That seems like it could be handy if it worked -- particularly against an RG -- but it also sounds too convenient actually to work

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I don't understand part of this guide, am I supposed to craft a rare 2H scythe and then upgrade it to legendary in the cube before level 70?

Yes, that way you have the weapon's power/bonus damage right from level 1 (or whatever level you are when you finally make it to the cube).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The 70 restriction is on the upgrade rare recipe. Not any restriction on extracting or using powers.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

McCoy Pauley posted:

Can the followers proc the "Charm" effect from the Overwhelming Desire amulet that drops in A3 caches? That seems like it could be handy if it worked -- particularly against an RG -- but it also sounds too convenient actually to work

They can. The effect has diminishing returns each time if happens. Generally people get the neck that vacuums everything together, Ess of Johan, but Overwhelming Desire is a popular alternative. Another popular follower weapon is the dagger that freezes things below 20% hp. It will nearly perma stun an RG once they get below 20%, which is often when they are most dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bamhand posted:

They can. The effect has diminishing returns each time if happens. Generally people get the neck that vacuums everything together, Ess of Johan, but Overwhelming Desire is a popular alternative. Another popular follower weapon is the dagger that freezes things below 20% hp. It will nearly perma stun an RG once they get below 20%, which is often when they are most dangerous.

Yeah, I run Eun-jang-do on my Enchantress and between Death from Above stuns and EJD freezes, rift guardians don't do poo poo past 20%.