Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Samael posted:

and just before stormblood and all through it, I have been a femroe and will continue to be going into shadowbringers.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Shoehead posted:

Man, if I can't make a Viera ripped as hell I don't know if I would drop some Fantasia on one :sweatdrop:

Like 99% chance they'll be getting the ear slider like elezen, so no muscle slider.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If Viera get a butt slider but catgirls still don't I'm gonna flip.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Everyone should get the butt slider, and it should have no effect like the lala bust slider.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there's a discord or something for organizing farm parties? I'm looking to hammer out my Anima light farm and I don't feel like sitting in Party finder for an hour to just have a group fall apart.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

I just started playing a few months ago so here's my catgirl:

One day I will be good at gpose, but not today.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
early aar photo, dated 9/27/13

SB photo from last month

also found this cursed BONE ZONE pic

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Add the butt slider back, but moving it left only makes the left cheek bigger and moving it right makes the right cheek bigger.

Asymmetrical rear end is the heterochromia of the 2020s

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
I played back in ARR at release for a few weeks and when I was gonna upload pictures to imgur I this image of my ARR character there:

I started again in september/october and here is me at the end (for me) of HW:

And here I am at the end of Stormblood.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My kokoro wish is a catgirl muscle slider but I doubt I'll ever be allowed to look toned.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i had two major appearances over stormblood, though i had a more bluish lizard for a while

i love both of them but will probably succumb to the tol bunny's

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's only been live for 12 hours, but y'all are already sleepin on this twitter account: https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1130717587027836928

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1130728317210939393

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1130732696995426304

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1130792367508746240

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1130839460092887040

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

But where is bEatmstrJ's toilet?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

S.J. posted:

holy poo poo

Thank you! I am very proud of my roe :)

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Would anyone mind explaining to me how glamouring works? Pretend I am an absolute idiot child because I just don’t get it. Does it work in any way like transmog in WoW? I have figured out how to dye pieces, but that’s about it. Do I need to keep every piece of gear to use the appearance? Thank you.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

remigious posted:

Would anyone mind explaining to me how glamouring works? Pretend I am an absolute idiot child because I just don’t get it. Does it work in any way like transmog in WoW? I have figured out how to dye pieces, but that’s about it. Do I need to keep every piece of gear to use the appearance? Thank you.

The easiest and best way is to use Glamour Plates, which are a customized outfit that applies to your gear, that you can freely swap between (as long as you're in a city or residential district)

You will need Glamour Prisms, which you can buy at your Grand Company or probably also on the market board i forget.

Next go to an inn room in any major city and open up the Glamour Dresser.

Costing one Glamour Prism per item you can deposit items into the dresser, removing them from your inventory but letting you use them on glamour plates.

On each Plate you can assign an item that you want in each slot, you can change your plates around for free as much as you want so long as you have the items in your dresser..

You can also Dye items on the plate but this costs a pot of dye to save it to the plate. (it won't cost any dye when you're applying plates later of course).

Once the plate is done you can click the plates button on your character sheet and change plates, and you can save them to your gear sets so you can have a different plate for different jobs. You can only have 10 plates (though I think they're raising this with Shadowbringers :woop: ).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

remigious posted:

There's two ways to do it, but both ways you need to keep your gear + have glamour prisms.

The old way is to right click an item and Cast Glamour, then you can choose an item in your inventory to glamour its appearance over it. That costs a prism.

The new way is to go to an inn and use the glamour dresser, you can spend a prism to store an item inside it, and then build glamour plates out of all the items stored in the dresser + your armoire to glamour over your entire gearset at the same time. Right now you can store 200 items in the dresser and have 10 plates, but that's gonna double next expansion.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

remigious posted:

Does it work in any way like transmog in WoW?

Somewhat. The basic function is the same - make one item look like another item. The type needs to match (GLD/PLD weapon to GLD/PLD weapon, etc.), and you can't make a lower level item look like a higher level item.

Whenever you Glamour something from the basic menu, you use 1x Glamour Prism. Crafters can make them, and you can buy them for GC seals.

It gets more complicated but cheaper in the long run if you use the Glamour Dresser. Putting an item in uses a Glamour Prism, but you can then project that item onto another for free. You can withdraw the item as well, in case you need to equip it or whatever. You can also store 10 outfits as Glamour Plates, then apply the Plates from Sanctuary zones (capital cities, Idyllshire, Rhalgr's Reach, etc.).

The Glamour Prism item cap is being raised from 200 to 400 in Shadowbringers.

quote:

Do I need to keep every piece of gear to use the appearance? Thank you.

Only if you want to use the appearance again. The Glamour Dresser can store them for you as well.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Thank you both so much!! I can’t wait to try some outfits later. I think I was missing the whole thing about the glamour dresser, it makes much more sense now :)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

remigious posted:

Hi, I made a basic how to guide with pictures for glamouring using the glamour chest for a friend and I take every excuse to link it.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

This is great, thank you!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh wow I've just been burning prisms this whole time

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

My ARR look, around the FFXIII event to be precise.

HW to early SB.

Saw the light and switched to highlander. Tried going for a Ridcully glamour before switching to beachwear for Eureka.

Settled on this hipster look for a while.

Pic of when I realized it was time to change glamour.

My current glamour.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Holy poo poo thank you. I wish the Glamour quest just was reading this because it's actually comprehensible.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lots of pictures incoming. Wanted to put down the final state of my glamours in SB.

Tanks

Healers

DPS

SCH, SAM, and BLU aren't included because I haven't touched those jobs since maxing them out so their just sharing glams.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Oooh. It's time for a trip down memory lane?

On October 1st, 2013, I first started as a catgirl conjurer in Gridania because I knew I wanted to be a healer and white mage was there waiting for me. I wasn't aware how easy class switching was and how you had to level other classes for your job stone. I also wasn't aware how loving cool Limsa was. I got to level 15 on the character, saw Limsa, then promptly deleted that character and restarted as an arcanist in Limsa. I would have to raise Arcanist to 15 for white mage anyway and Limsa is a way better starting city than Gridania (one of the reasons is that you get an earlier introduction to Y'shtola, aka the best scion)

Tag yourself.

It's a rite of passage.

I was a long time fan of the Scylla robe and Lightning hair.

Me toward the end of 2.x

Just pre-Heavensward, my wife started playing. She created a catgirl and I racechanged to highlady.

I also ended up going through an extended pirate phase.

Stormblood brought about a change. Around 4.2, I cast of my healer job and for the first time in my 15 years of playing MMOs - I leveled a tank, Dark Knight.

Here's my two-bit 2B cosplay.

Recently, I ascended to my final form: a BDSM butterfly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mordiceius posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm 2:17 PM.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

we memberin? i member

"one day i'll have my own pretty unicorn..."

"gently caress yes finally got my own pretty unicorn"

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Congrats. You're the only other person I know who uses that hairstyle... and that character looks like a lighter cousin of mine. Edit: They even have the same scar!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the guy awkwardly "Excuse Me"-ing my way across the front of the shot while someone's trying to take a group photo.

no seriously

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Loving all the pictures here. I wish I had more to show, but I'm away from home for another four days.

While I'm here, I did briefly skim my PS3's FFXIV pictures... before promptly wiping its hard drive, since I have to sell most of my old electronics. :(

My PS4 should have some fun goony goon goon pictures once I get home, atleast.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The first & last screenshot I took in ARR

The first screenshot I took in HW
(:okpos:)

The last screenshot I took in HW, seconds before the servers went down

The first screenshot I took in SB
(Shatotto knows whats up concerning dumb BLM hats)

and the latest screenshot that I took a few nights ago with my partner.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Last time I posted this one

and I've updated the same look for SB!

(doing the chicken dance at Magnai is a v. important part of SB)

I've rocked a lot of other looks during the expansion of course! This is just my 'character default' that I tend to go back to when I tired of my current glam and don't have a great idea to swap to.

Some random recent looks

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

me circa july 2016 when I first came back to this dumb game after trying 1.0 and deciding it was poo poo

aw how cute

then there's me at the start of stormblood looking more or less the same only dressed even more generically somehow

tho some time ago i did dabble in dragonwaifery

and present day after having gone Full Pink after I did it to my hair for a laugh and got a weirdly positive reception for it

my screenshot skills have not improved

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just started playing a few months ago but Chocobo and outfit coordination is v important

As is taking your Dragon to the beach

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Oh we doing this, ok.
I'm not good at screenshots.

For 1.0 imagine the most basic rear end boring hyur dude

Then for 2.0 I did this

Then this

But then I... poo poo I didn't take any pictures of my potato warrior
Anyway after that I did this

Then for HW I did this

For SB I've done this

And the future continues to look like weeaboo potato.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This tank just had a complete meltdown on Steps of Faith. Good times.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

This tank just had a complete meltdown on Steps of Faith. Good times.

Let's see some screens.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Let's see some screens.
Too late :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
On the other end, I just had a Steps of Faith (OG) with a hyper-competent pub crew and Vishap just melted.
And