Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

shadow has never been lame. he's a good friend who is trying to do the right thing but he has a hard time communicating with others because of his own personal issues. and he has cool rocket skates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shadow completed his evolution into Vegeta by still being an rear end in a top hat, but being a funny rear end in a top hat.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Shadow is the peak of my ironic enjoyment of sonic

His edgelord bullshit is just hilarious

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

Apparently in very early drafts of 06’s script Silver was actually originally supposed to be a mink (he also had a different name though I forget what it was) but then he got changed to just another hedgehog for some reason.

I dont know why i remember thos but i think his name was Venice

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Forget Silver, why do so many of you seem to unironically like Shadow

I feel like I'm being gaslit here

You will never be as cool as sahdow, ironically or unironically

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I dont know why i remember thos but i think his name was Venice

That was it, yes.

As for Shadow, to be fair most of the major problems with his character went away after his solo game. Now he’s basically just furry Vegeta.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shadow is the only character to come out of 06 looking good, because he was the most competent person in the plot. It's great.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
"Shadow is basically just Vegeta" explains why I like him so much, since Vegeta is the best character in DBZ

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nodosaur posted:

Iizuka said it was specifically male hedgehogs. So no Super Amy.

Iizuka is a fool and a coward.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Forget Silver, why do so many of you seem to unironically like Shadow

I feel like I'm being gaslit here

He was a decent villain in SA2, and then eventually he edged so hard he went over the edge and wrapped back around to ironic edge with everyone but him in on the joke.
It also makes his non-edgy moments super endearing.

Also, and you can honestly probably put this in for any character you don't know why people like:
He's loving great in the comics.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Shadow is the only character to come out of 06 looking good, because he was the most competent person in the plot. It's great.

Yeah actually, i genuinely really like his characterization in that game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Captain France posted:

Also, and you can honestly probably put this in for any character you don't know why people like:
He's loving great in the comics.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

people always post that one but my favorite is when he's getting chewed out by rouge for getting in a fight with knuckles for no reason

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i want a full 2d shadow the hedgehog game with omega following you around like tails and rouge acting as your operator who talks to you during missions and also acts as an upgrade shop

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how the one thing that came out of Chronicles going forward was Omega being essentially HK-47.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I' am having an extremely really really bad day today and i decided to buy sonic team racing because i am straight up not having a good time with the world right now and i hope sonic doesn't let me down too because he is all i believe in at this point in time in the year 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

beep by grandpa posted:

I' am having an extremely really really bad day today and i decided to buy sonic team racing because i am straight up not having a good time with the world right now and i hope sonic doesn't let me down too because he is all i believe in at this point in time in the year 2019

Hope it helps and you feel better. It’s getting decent-good reviews and the music is good so it should do the trick.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sonic (edit: and SeANMcBAY) on their way to cheer grandpa up after emotionall purchasing his new game

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

It's pretty good, but the team racing part is eh unless you have someone to play it with. The bots are only really average so you cant do much to help them in first place and it goes against everything in me to even consider losing first in a game about racing.

Music is exceptionally good, like really really really loving good. Also characters have unique responses to being hit by certain other characters, My personal favourite is omegas geniune "shadow, WHY?".

Online is bad though, aside from having gimmick matches be tied to map selection, meaning you only actually get one choice for normal races, it takes forever for the game to tally up after the race so you end up waiting nearly 3 minutes for the race to finish after its over. Luckily, these seem like easily patchable problems so these are more like early launch problems rather than "crippling design mistake" like how online is built in smash ultimate.

Don't worry about my complaints that much though, Its a very fun very solid game overall and I had a lot of fun when i was doing grand prix or playin with my brother.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 21, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

good night sweet prince

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i just started the game and the third spoken word of dialogue in the entire game is "omachao"

lmao

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also good his explanation of why he has a motorcycle despite being as fast as Sonic

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Also good his explanation of why he has a motorcycle despite being as fast as Sonic

Yes. Yes it is.
Man that was a fun arc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shadowns

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
all hail shadow

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Captain France posted:

Yes. Yes it is.
Man that was a fun arc.

I used to not care for it, because Rouge was outright willing to doom a whole other world, but then I recalled she was more outright villainous in pre-boot Archie

Still, that was one thing I wasn't sad to see go

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's the best way to read the comics right now?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Naked, with jar of moonshine and a bucket of peanut butter to sustain you as you dig your way into Ken Penders's echidnaphrodesiac wonderland.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

The series just got another reboot as it switched companies from Archie to IDW, and there's only a few issues out so far so you can pick up from there without worrying about baggage.

For the Archie series? Pick it up from the Worlds Collide Sonic/MegaMan crossover and go from there, that's when they dumped all the Penders stuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

In all seriousness, use this site:
https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/tagged/tkp%20post/chrono

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There is so much more to the Archie comics than Ken Penders and riffing on him. At least try to check out Ian's pre-boot run.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

right to left

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

I used to not care for it, because Rouge was outright willing to doom a whole other world, but then I recalled she was more outright villainous in pre-boot Archie

Still, that was one thing I wasn't sad to see go

Huh. I must have forgotten that bit because of Blaze guilt tripping Shadow, Omega's interactions with everyone, Amy actually getting to do something, and Nack, Bark, and Bean showing up.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nodosaur posted:

There is so much more to the Archie comics than Ken Penders and riffing on him. At least try to check out Ian's pre-boot run.

That site covers the whole span, the author just couldn't believe the URL was available and snapped it up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Captain France posted:

Huh. I must have forgotten that bit because of Blaze guilt tripping Shadow, Omega's interactions with everyone, Amy actually getting to do something, and Nack, Bark, and Bean showing up.

Also Omega having a crush on Blaze because she burns things good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Team Sonic Racing is pretty fun, the team mechanics feel surprisingly natural and add a lot to the races. It’s definitely not as impressive as Transformed but I like that it offers something different.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Omega is such a great character in the comics. He's a simple boy on a mission to destroy and loves it. Not a very complex character, but provides good banter and humor.

Captain France posted:

Yes. Yes it is.
Man that was a fun arc.

You're missing a part of this page.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The IDW comics are readable on phone/tablet via comixology for $3.99 an issue. Unlike the Archie comics they don't feature any SatAM characters and only use established game canon, picking up shortly after the ending of Sonic Forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010