Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

On the other end, I just had a Steps of Faith (OG) with a hyper-competent pub crew and Vishap just melted.
And

Can you clarify what I'm seeing there because it just looks like a washed-out blurry screenshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry apparently it was Final Steps of Faith. The Nidhogg one.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Was he at least a mentor with the crown?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

ImpAtom posted:

Can you clarify what I'm seeing there because it just looks like a washed-out blurry screenshot

Someone at the NA media tour playing what might be one of the new jobs.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sorry apparently it was Final Steps of Faith. The Nidhogg one.

tell us the story of your pain

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hogama posted:

On the other end, I just had a Steps of Faith (OG) with a hyper-competent pub crew and Vishap just melted.
And

nice, chat boxes confirmed for shb

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
What are we looking at here?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

A blurry sneak peak at the general shape of Dancer's resource gauge. :bignews:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Allucard voice: Neat

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
If I'm not too late for the yearbook photos stuff, here I am at the end of Stormblood, living a lovely life as a samurai:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Was he at least a mentor with the crown?
a sprout, which made it funnier

to be fair, the DPS other than me were legit embarrassingly bad at their jobs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You really can notice when people slack off on DPS when grinding for dogs. I got my last one earlier and it's hilarious how different a competent team vs an incompetent one is.

Like we were clearing Seiryu before he even finished his Throw Everything At You phase even with a death or two vs hitting enrage with 0 deaths and in both cases it was with a 390 ilevel minimum so it wasn't even a stat difference.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Why in the flying frick is there only a single winged helmet in the game and not dyeable?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Why in the flying frick is there only a single winged helmet in the game and not dyeable?
https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Astrum_Helm

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

I just wanted to say I appreciate that the tanks in this thread have contributed so heavily to meltdown may

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
I had a tank blacklist me earlier because I called them garbage.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I don't take a lot of screenshots so no trip down memory lane. I have hit the fantasia pretty hard over expansions, starting as a cat girl and trying everything. Somehow elf just stuck with me.

Here is my caster look:

It took a long time to get those seals, I was going to use that old company gear.

Here is my tank set:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Drizvolta posted:

I just wanted to say I appreciate that the tanks in this thread have contributed so heavily to meltdown may

i know i'm going to regret taking the bait, but what's meltdown may

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Spuzzz posted:

Here is my caster look:

What's the top?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Not even 20 abilities on that grainy picture, ominous.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Is there a non class/role limited top hat anywhere? I've seen one for weaver and a few for casters, but look. If Dancer's going to be a support DPS who throws things, I have basically just one idea for a glam option for it and it's

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I actually ended up having a few! How nice.

Perrine during the Dragonsong War. I still love the Thavnairian Turban.

Pickle Pear not long after Stormblood launched.

Silent Aurochs as of a few weeks ago.

Silent Aurochs now. I really want the Genji Eboshi so I can dye it a more vibrant red to match the traditional Time Mage hat, but this works for now.

VVVVVVV E: Oh wow, that's not just me? Wild.

CeallaSo fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 22, 2019

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

i know i'm going to regret taking the bait, but what's meltdown may

People tend to freak out during may. That's it.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Zack Ater posted:

What's the top?

It is the Maelstrom caster coat for 1000 ARR hunt seals, along with the hat and boots.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ok, I can't really compete with the glams ITT but dammit, she's still pretty! These are the two Jobs I have made it to so far:

White Mage

Paladin

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Why not, let's jump in with lizard yearbook photos.

Erim Moks, freshly out of Smith training and ready for adventure.

I spent way too much time trying to catch the knife at a point in mid-air I liked.

Ninja training nearly complete. I actually kinda preferred this version to the whole Artifact set.

Spent a brief portion of HW as a lady-lizard due to boredom and a free fantasia sitting in my inventory.

End of Stormblood main story and ready to RDM it up on a whole new world.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1130839460092887040

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

With all these screenshots from Shirogane, I can see several other people also have plot 8/38 which is the best plot.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Back in ARR, when I was a catgirl WHM:

Then HW, when I switched to Au'ra NIN:

Then now, still the same:

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I am so torn between bara tiger and sassy rabbit, I genuinely cannot make a decision. I didn't even realize I wanted to be a Ronso until the option was presented to me, and now I don't know what to do.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CeallaSo posted:

I am so torn between bara tiger and sassy rabbit, I genuinely cannot make a decision. I didn't even realize I wanted to be a Ronso until the option was presented to me, and now I don't know what to do.
por que no losara?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

CeallaSo posted:

Wait until you see their race specific emotes, that should help break the tie for you. I'm personally picking based on their /playdead animations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
My ARR beta catgirl, on Gilgamesh waiting for Excaliber to open up.

Rolled a new catgirl on Excaliber, this time a hyur catgirl

Switched to a regular catgirl for a time - only pic I have of her is also one of my favorite screenshots

Went back to hyur - this time with a more persian flavor. Fantasiad to pretty much everything, but this is what I've kept coming back to.
Think this was my first yearbook screenshot

And my most recent in my stylish hiking gear

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Sunday Morning posted:

Switched to a regular catgirl for a time - only pic I have of her is also one of my favorite screenshots

Where was this taken. Looks like Thanalan, but I don't recognize that chasm.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

CeallaSo posted:

Fantasia your retainers into them so you can see how some gear looks on them.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Leofish posted:

Where was this taken. Looks like Thanalan, but I don't recognize that chasm.

It's on the path between Camp Drybone and the Golden Bazaar

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Stormblood Tank

Stormblood Ranged

Stromblood Dragoon/Ninja/Gathering

Stormblood Samurai/Monk

Stormblood/Heavensward Casting/Crafting

Bonus:

Stormblood Healing/Casting Hoary Boulder

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Jimbot posted:

There's also the High Steel helm, comes in Fending and Maiming varieties. But then it's the feathery type of wings, not metal ones (which means they have physics).

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Jimbot posted:

My personal favorite(not dyeable)

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Farlander_Wings_of_Fending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Spuzzz posted:

It is the Maelstrom caster coat for 1000 ARR hunt seals, along with the hat and boots.

Thanks! Now I've gotta save up some seals too, I guess.