Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yes, that way you have the weapon's power/bonus damage right from level 1 (or whatever level you are when you finally make it to the cube).

Oh haha, I'm so dumb, I was trying to upgrade weapons lower than level 70, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Kadala can eat my rear end unless she drops either an ancient Dawn or the quiver that makes rapid fire free

I've got five ancients and most of the pieces for the rapid fire build and that rear end in a top hat won't drop it

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Kadala can eat my rear end unless she drops either an ancient Dawn or the quiver that makes rapid fire free

I've got five ancients and most of the pieces for the rapid fire build and that rear end in a top hat won't drop it

Yep, she never drops anything I need. If I get one more Sebors Nightmare or The Oculus...I've gotten both of those in ancient several times and I only rolled up my wizard late sunday.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This season rules because as I'm hunting for pieces I'm not worrying a ton about whether or not a random ancient is better than the non ancient in terms of what it does to my base numbers because I know I'm going to just scream murder down the throats of my enemies with that extra 750% damage

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
My Demon Hunter reached level 25, and is finally starting to feel good to play. Sentry is very nice, and Hungering Arrow's Scattershot is another great choice, there's the chilling Chakram, definitely starting to come together.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

bamhand posted:

Ancients or not on Sage's won't make a big difference. I'm testing the Sage's builds on my non seasonal Wizard with fairly decent gear and P1400.

You can see the explosive blast build here:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/13585291
Any comments/tweaks welcome.

Can someone please explain something to me?

I'm trying to figure out what build to use for my wizard (~400 paragon). I have ancient gear in every slot.

The part that I'm confused about : why are people running set bonuses this season? Isn't the whole point of the season to NOT use sets? What am I missing?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Icy veins has good guides still. Rip diablo fans.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

johnny sack posted:

The part that I'm confused about : why are people running set bonuses this season? Isn't the whole point of the season to NOT use sets? What am I missing?

A 6 piece set will outdo a full set of ancients with poo poo synergy. Hope that helps.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that was a fun couple of days to get Guardian. I wish D3 had a few more challenging goals like PoE but it was fun while it lasted.

The only thing that flies over my head is looking at the ladder and seeing people filled with ancient items. I got exactly one non-accessory ancient item for my mage.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

johnny sack posted:

Sets are still good. Just because LoN is passively there doesn't change that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

johnny sack posted:

Can someone please explain something to me?

I'm trying to figure out what build to use for my wizard (~400 paragon). I have ancient gear in every slot.

LON is a horrible gimmick build. This is how they give us a Season Buff without actually giving a Season Buff. Just ignore it exists, and you'll be fine.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Kheldarn posted:

LON is a horrible gimmick build. This is how they give us a Season Buff without actually giving a Season Buff. Just ignore it exists, and you'll be fine.

This is kind of the answer I was (not) hoping to get. What a bummer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You need to fool around with it for the one easy conquest at least.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Kheldarn posted:

If you wanted an excuse to play a LoN build, this is the season to play LoN (because you don't have to actually get decently rolled LoN rings).

If you're trying to push the top of the leaderboards, LoN builds are still annoying to construct, and most of them aren't all that much better than the traditional set builds (at most the season buff lets you slot a CoE or something that you couldn't otherwise fit in).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LoN is mostly there for your free conquest gimmick of not wearing any set items and a tiny small buff in your early game before you get a full set.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There are some LoN builds that are the top tier for their class. But it's definitely not the case for every class. Do keep in mind you get 2 free ring slots with your LoN this season so it is stronger than normal.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

johnny sack posted:

This is kind of the answer I was (not) hoping to get. What a bummer.

Depends what class you are I think, LoN is the poo poo for monks. My gear has all sorts of bad rolls in places, I have a gem I need to swap with Enforcer, and I'm missing an ancient ring, and yet I was just able to roll a 90 Grift, compared to the slow plodding 87 I had cleared before with my properly rolled set. These builds can be absurdly powerful, it varies class to class, and some classes like WD have basically unending builds.

Some classes that rely a lot on rings are much more powerful, for others it is less of a boost, and some classes just don't have as useful of a loadout for LoN.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

euphronius posted:

Icy veins has good guides still. Rip diablo fans.

I liked Diablofans layout way better.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Well, a T16 Ancient Puzzle Vault is officially the craziest thing I've ever seen in Diablo 3. Must have picked up like 30-40 legendaries just from that one vault, and it kept lagging with all the loot dropping. The season is off to a pretty sweet start.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i completed the first four season chapters on my necro who could already handle GR20 and

uh

holy poo poo that BONESTORM is something else :staredog:

i'm just firing it once and then running through the rift as fast as possible melting packs like some kind of calcified buzz saw. it's like having that lightning pylon turned on, all the time. i literally don't need to touch any other button except blood dash and BONESTORM

i assume there's some kind of ceiling for how useful this kit is? like, the endgame can't literally be me running unopposed through waves of monsters for faster and faster times, right?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Oh haha, I'm so dumb, I was trying to upgrade weapons lower than level 70, thanks!

The cube can do a lot of things but when people say "cube [thing]" it always means extract legendary power, as opposed to upgrade or reroll or whatever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kheldarn posted:

Counterpoint I am enjoying it greatly and making GBS threads on mobs from great heights probably in part because I accidentally got most of the key pieces of the build I want to run, as ancients, before I knew it was a thing

I just did a GR40 for the first time! It rules!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not like it really matters, but it seems like you can't unequip a cube power (if you don't have anything to replace it with, i.e., if you've only cubed one thing for the slot). only relevant because i wanted to test something out without the buff.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Elentor posted:

Try to carry him until he can finish Vyr's. Once he has Vyrs and Obsidian Ring he should be relatively good.

It's likely that as soon as he finishes his meta set you two will be the ones getting carried.

He already quit it seems. Rip. :(

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

There are some LoN builds that are the top tier for their class. But it's definitely not the case for every class. Do keep in mind you get 2 free ring slots with your LoN this season so it is stronger than normal.

Crusader has a captain America build that allows for CoE for more damage and a Justice Lantern for more defense with the buff, which is kinda nice. If just I'd actually get the right pieces for it.
For now I have to do with invokers but I feel I'll switch to Akkhan Condemn to farm mats to reroll my Captain America pieces to decent ancients.

Invokers would be much more fun if Hack would work with the set.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mindblast posted:

He already quit it seems. Rip. :(

Ah, too bad. The moment a mage finishes Vyr's with Chantodos they become unstoppable machines of doom.

This happened within 8 hours of play time from our mage this league:

Rank dropped a lot from 2 days ago but it's still showing up in the ladder.

The moment he finished the set we started skipping grifts all the way until 100, then he got an Ancient Chantodo and we managed to skip 103 to 105. We were doing double DPS Monk support but as soon as he finished Vyr's in around grift 90 his damage surpassed mine by such a degree that I switched to makeshift support with whatever I had in stash.

From grift 95 to 106 he gave away all extra vyrs and extra items to me and within the hour I had a ladder-viable mage as well.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 22, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elentor posted:

This happened within 8 hours of play time from our mage this league:

that seems lightning speed, but i've never group leveled

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Getting to max level is about 15 min or less depending on the group. He then lucked out tremendously with drops as we carried him. Most of those hours were hard carries through grift 90s until he finished every item he needed.

Then his DPS surpassed mine by almost an order of magnitude.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elentor posted:

Getting to max level is about 15 min or less depending on the group

but i assume that's not with everyone starting at zero?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No that's with power leveling someone. We had a head start and then carried our friend. I'm just saying that if you have a mage at max level it's just a matter of time until they complete Vyrs and Chantodo and then they become the ones carrying the group.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elentor posted:

No that's with power leveling someone. We had a head start and then carried our friend. I'm just saying that if you have a mage at max level it's just a matter of time until they complete Vyrs and Chantodo and then they become the ones carrying the group.

just completed it with my hc wizard. looking forward.

e:vyr's anyway. missing half of chantodo.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i completed the first four season chapters on my necro who could already handle GR20 and

uh

holy poo poo that BONESTORM is something else :staredog:

i'm just firing it once and then running through the rift as fast as possible melting packs like some kind of calcified buzz saw. it's like having that lightning pylon turned on, all the time. i literally don't need to touch any other button except blood dash and BONESTORM

i assume there's some kind of ceiling for how useful this kit is? like, the endgame can't literally be me running unopposed through waves of monsters for faster and faster times, right?
You'll eventually need some other button to press while you run around; Death Nova is the most amusing one (with Scythe of the Cycle + cubed Bloodtide Blade + maybe Iron Rose if you want to stand still for a second). I'm running the LoN variant (less BONESTORM, but basically the same buttons) and I was doing 2 minute GR45s while leveling a gem.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

I tried with Sunwoku and it's a bit weak as well.

You didn't stick with it.

SWK Bells is the laziest 1-button-win build in the game I'm aware of so far. It DOES take some gearing to get off the ground.

This season, I got extraordinarily lucky; the lv.70 upgraded daibo from challenge rift materials turned out to be an Incense Torch. It cuts the spirit cost for Bells in half and raises its damage by 550%. This has to be cubed for the complete build anyhow. Soon as I was able to get Bells, around lv 14 I think? I was able to raise the difficulty to Torment 1.
After hitting 70, I was able to proceed through the chapters needed for knocking out Haedrigs, without much problem. But, I spent probably two or so hours after that doing nothing but gambling belts, upgrading belts, until I got a Kyoshiro's, because the Sweeping Wind stacks are important to keep up and really annoying to do so manually. But, between the cubed Incense, SW stacking to 3, and full SWK's, I am doing Torment X just fine.
Real damage output does not begin until you get a Vengeful Wind fist weapon. That lets your SW stack 6 or 7 more times. That turns your 1500% bells bonus on 6pc SWK from 3x, to 9x or 10x. You will gently caress poo poo up with impunity thereafter.
Then you need the Kyoshiro's fist & Pintos bracers for even more Bells damage, and the Tzo Krin's Gaze so that Bells becomes ranged, and all the sudden your Monk is the best Wizard that ever existed.

Short of it is, SWK is way absolutely not weak; just somewhat gear dependent. I will start a season with a SWK reward every time sight unseen.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

5er posted:

SWK Bells is the laziest 1-button-win build in the game I'm aware of so far. It DOES take some gearing to get off the ground.

This season, I got extraordinarily lucky; the lv.70 upgraded daibo from challenge rift materials turned out to be an Incense Torch. It cuts the spirit cost for Bells in half and raises its damage by 550%. This has to be cubed for the complete build anyhow. Soon as I was able to get Bells, around lv 14 I think? I was able to raise the difficulty to Torment 1.
After hitting 70, I was able to proceed through the chapters needed for knocking out Haedrigs, without much problem. But, I spent probably two or so hours after that doing nothing but gambling belts, upgrading belts, until I got a Kyoshiro's, because the Sweeping Wind stacks are important to keep up and really annoying to do so manually. But, between the cubed Incense, SW stacking to 3, and full SWK's, I am doing Torment X just fine.
Real damage output does not begin until you get a Vengeful Wind fist weapon. That lets your SW stack 6 or 7 more times. That turns your 1500% bells bonus on 6pc SWK from 3x, to 9x or 10x. You will gently caress poo poo up with impunity thereafter.
Then you need the Kyoshiro's fist & Pintos bracers for even more Bells damage, and the Tzo Krin's Gaze so that Bells becomes ranged, and all the sudden your Monk is the best Wizard that ever existed.

Short of it is, SWK is way absolutely not weak; just somewhat gear dependent. I will start a season with a SWK reward every time sight unseen.

Inna's variant is both more powerful and tankier.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

5er posted:

Bro, I'm talking about with Sages on T16, pay attention to context. :v: I got to about P600ish with it, so I have all the items for the build, but only one of my weapons is ancient. For a T16 speed build, I don't know that it's strong enough with In Geom equipped. And with Sages, you can't wear the helm so you're losing a good bit of damage and range from Zei's so you need to swap that gem for something less good. About the only improvements would be Witching Hour in favor of the sweeping wind stacks belt (too lazy) and swapping out In geom for Kyoshiro's weapon or maybe trying a focus/restraint variant. There's compromises when you add Sages into the mix and damage is a big one. Might try this one for grins and see if it's any better.
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/102331-t13-sunwuko-speed

Dameius posted:

Inna's variant is both more powerful and tankier.

Yeah and probably this. I scraped together just the basics for a GR55 conquest and it already felt stronger. Don't think there's a

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 22, 2019

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I discovered that you can only revive at your corpse a finite number of times.

gently caress (Greater Rift Guardian) Agnidox and its turning invisible unavoidable random insta-kill BULLSHIT. Seriously, there was literally, I mean literally no enemies or attack indicators on my screen and POOF instantly dead.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 22, 2019

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
^^^ Bosses will warp to you if they spawn too far away to "path" to you properly because of unlucky map layout. Happens a lot in the act III tile-sets. That could definitely be an insta-gib. Or are you saying he was doing this repeatedly? Agnidox definitely doesn't have an invis ability.

(edit after edit above)

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 22, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Anything use a Magefist with CDR, before I reroll for crit damage?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Crusader blessed shield mentioned above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

LoN WoL on Monk since that is dex. You'd either roll dex off for CHD or the ASI for the same.