Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Pick

What was the grandma deathbed joke

You can’t post about a joke and not post the joke

Thread policy

no don't somebody might get offended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

hawowanlawow posted:

no don't somebody might get offended

Can you please leave the thread? I'm offended.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Panfilo posted:

I can definitely attest that being a stay at home parent is one helluva full time job. Several of my (single, male) coworkers thought I was pulling some hustle to get extra paid time off work, as though it was a vacation and not being a responsible parent.
Yeah, no poo poo, I'm not going to go so far as "Oh boo hoo hoo no one understands the plight of being a father in America today it's so hard" but fuuuuuck yoooou forever to the pushback I got for actually wanting to take the parental leave I'm legally entitled to as a Californian, and then the inevitable "Oh you must be so rested after your time off!" when I went back to work, which was actually comparatively relaxing next to the 24/7 sleepless nightmare of puke and runny poo poo that is the wonder of infancy.

Still, thank Christ I don't live in one of the uncivilized states where it's like "Use all your PTO and then get fired" if you actually want to bond with your offspring.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Resting Lich Face posted:

Man gently caress those guys.

... or rather don't.

I think that's why the whole stay at home dad gig gets such dubious credibity. For every guy being a great dad and involved in pulling their weight, there's probably two others riding on the concept of being so 'progressive' as an excuse to do as little as possible.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm so glad I will never have to do any of that poo poo regarding crotch spawn

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

gently caress Your Website posted:

Yeah, no poo poo, I'm not going to go so far as "Oh boo hoo hoo no one understands the plight of being a father in America today it's so hard" but fuuuuuck yoooou forever to the pushback I got for actually wanting to take the parental leave I'm legally entitled to as a Californian, and then the inevitable "Oh you must be so rested after your time off!" when I went back to work, which was actually comparatively relaxing next to the 24/7 sleepless nightmare of puke and runny poo poo that is the wonder of infancy.

Still, thank Christ I don't live in one of the uncivilized states where it's like "Use all your PTO and then get fired" if you actually want to bond with your offspring.

Yeah we seriously need to rethink how we handle time off for parents in this country. And while I think the first part of that needs to be ensuring that mothers get paid maternity leave, paternity leave is pretty drat important from what I've seen. Having a kid absolutely wrecks a body for a period, I don't think many people realize how major of a deal it really is. So to just go "take some time off and take care of screaming, making GBS threads, puking infant and keep it from dying all by yourself" really isn't a great solution.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
My [18/M] close friend/FWB [45/F] is moving away, I have feelings for her and don’t know what I could do

quote:

I have known my close friend [45/F] for a year and we have been close since I met her. I started sleeping around with her and I see her everyday, I even sleep at her house on the weekends. She and I hang out a lot, we watch movies, shows, and she always wants me to come over.

We’ve created a really close bond with each other and I have real strong feelings for her. I’m not completely sure if she feels the same way, but not too long ago during sex she also told me that she loved me.

She bought a house really far away. So she’s moving upstate and it’s a 7 hour drive away since she bought a home up there with her daughter [25/F]. She told me the news and she also seemed very sad and she even cried a little bit. She’s helped me a lot, she helped me get throigh school, she helped me a lot with personal problems. And she helped me get into a good university for this fall.
I don’t know how it’s going to be like when she’s gone and she is already moving at the end of this month. I don’t think I can handle this. She did say we could stay in touch and visit each other occasionally, but things aren’t going to be the same. Is there really anything I can do about it? What should I do?

TL;DR My FWB/close friend is moving upstate and I am having a really hard time coping with knowing I might not see her again. Please help me

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Sjs00 posted:

I'm so glad I will never have to do any of that poo poo regarding crotch spawn
I guess there's one advantage to being an incel.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Piell posted:

My [18/M] close friend/FWB [45/F] is moving away, I have feelings for her and don’t know what I could do

This almost would have been sweet until you unspoiler the age and see the difference. Then it just becomes creepy as gently caress.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

It sort of reminds me of people who call it "babysitting" any time a dad watches his own kids.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Biohazard posted:

Yeah we seriously need to rethink how we handle time off for parents in this country. And while I think the first part of that needs to be ensuring that mothers get paid maternity leave, paternity leave is pretty drat important from what I've seen. Having a kid absolutely wrecks a body for a period, I don't think many people realize how major of a deal it really is. So to just go "take some time off and take care of screaming, making GBS threads, puking infant and keep it from dying all by yourself" really isn't a great solution.

Depending on the couple's strategy, paternity leave can be used directly after mom goes back to work to maximize the amount of time the baby has with a full time parent. At least in CA each parent can take six weeks paid+six weeks unpaid which means that child will get the first six months of their life with mom then dad before both have to go to work. That's being pretty optimistic though, since childbirth can be hard on many women.

What sucks is how much pressure parents have to return to work, not just dads but moms as well. My sister in law only took a few weeks off after she had a kid because her work threw such a massive guilt trip for her to come back sooner and my brother was unemployed at the time.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Biohazard posted:

Having a kid absolutely wrecks a body for a period, I don't think many people realize how major of a deal it really is.

My wife had a difficult labor and was pushing for a solid 4 hours. After our son was born she was pretty much out of commission for the two weeks that I had for paternity leave and I was on full time duty. It was taxing, even with a kid that was very easy by infant standards. It's hard to imagine her pulling that job solo during the day with the shape she was in.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Biohazard posted:

And while I think the first part of that needs to be ensuring that mothers get paid maternity leave, paternity leave is pretty drat important from what I've seen. Having a kid absolutely wrecks a body for a period, I don't think many people realize how major of a deal it really is.

Correct. Without going into more detail than necessary, the first few weeks of my leave were not in fact taking care of the baby at all (as he was still in the NICU) but helping my wife convalesce and recover from the birth--that is, doing literally everything she wasn't able to from a bed. No idea how we would have handled this at all had we been in the Midwest, other than going broke and potentially into crippling debt.

ghost emoji posted:

It sort of reminds me of people who call it "babysitting" any time a dad watches his own kids.

People who say that poo poo around me get sharply corrected.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 22, 2019

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Leon Einstein posted:

I guess there's one advantage to being an incel.

Agreed.
Hold on what exactly are the advantages of having a child???

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Sjs00 posted:

Agreed.

Free labor.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Sjs00 posted:

Agreed.

Tax credits

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Sjs00 posted:

Agreed.

Once and for all securing the approval of your parents followed by the sinking realization that you essentially lost your shot to live the life you actually wanted in order to gain the approval of your boomer parents.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sjs00 posted:

Agreed.

Mostly love. Something goons will never understand.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Having a kid absolutely wrecks a body for a period, I don't think many people realize how major of a deal it really is.

Fortunately they can move past it, and heal

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

There's plenty of easier ways to go about that

I know a woman with two children out of wedlock who said this and she posts on FB everyday complaining about her situation

Motherfucker posted:

Once and for all securing the approval of your parents followed by the sinking realization that you essentially lost your shot to live the life you actually wanted in order to gain the approval of your boomer parents.

God drat an I glad I don't have your parents.
My dad just offed himself too lol and my Mom doesn't want grandchildren so I guess she's woke? We're not stereotypical white boomer family either

Literally A Person posted:

Mostly love. Something goons will never understand.

Oh I love. Just not of the fleshy mortal hairless ape variety

Thanks for the responses but much like that woman who still didn't support climate control legislation despite the literal children advocating it I have decided to decline

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sjs00 posted:

Oh I love. Just not of the fleshy mortal hairless ape variety

As is your fleshy mortal hairless ape wont.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Literally A Person posted:

As is your fleshy mortal hairless ape wont.

95%Helium based lifeforms are 100% babes

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Correct. Without going into more detail than necessary, the first few weeks of my leave were not in fact taking care of the baby at all (as he was still in the NICU) but helping my wife convalesce and recover from the birth--that is, doing literally everything she wasn't able to from a bed. No idea how we would have handled this at all had we been in the Midwest, other than going broke and potentially into crippling debt.

Yeah I suspect we're going to look back and realized how much it cost us not to support parents during and after childbirth. I realize theres limits to what we're willing to do, but if you step back for a moment and think about the profound effect something like postpartum depression has on someone ability to re-enter the work force (and let's face it, we basically treat all mental health with an attitude of "oh just get over it, everyone gets sad jeeze") and it's not hard to imagine that it's costing us a lot as a society, both in terms of happiness and simple economic value.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Motherfucker posted:

Once and for all securing the approval of your parents.

Never gonna happen.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Can my father legally request my voting records as a condition of a trust fund? (self.legaladvice)

quote:

My dad is a Trump supporter. I am not. I'm not going to go into his completely backwards and insane political views here, because it's not pertinent to the question.

He tells me that when he dies (he's in his 50s now, so it's going to be a while) he's going to put his savings in a trust fund, and I can only have the money if I "don't do anything that contradicts what this country is founded on," which is extremely vague. Knowing him, what this really means is "don't be a libtard."

I asked him how they would know. He said I will have to provide voting records to prove that I'm not voting for any "leftist" candidates.

Can he legally ask them to do that?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sjs00 posted:

Agreed.

You would have less time to post

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ghost emoji posted:

Can my father legally request my voting records as a condition of a trust fund? (self.legaladvice)

Kill him now before he can get it in writing

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ghost emoji posted:

Predictably, the Trump supporter wants punitive measures that only exist to bully and hurt people worse off than him. Also predictably: they are ineffective, as the only record of a person's voting is if they voted, not how they voted.

All the son has to do is register as an Independent and lie about his vote if necessary.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ghost emoji posted:

...are ballots even personally-identifiable once they've been cast?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

both good points but he should probably still kill him

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

poo poo I think I broke the thread

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Trump supporter is an idiot with no idea how things work. Color me shocked.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I hope we're talking about enough money that it makes it worth dealing with such an awful human being. I don't agree with my dad about everything, but jesus if he took stances like that I'm pretty sure I'd decide that the small inheritance I get wasn't worth dealing with that kind of poo poo.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

Trump supporter is an idiot with no idea how things work. Color me shocked.

This is LITERALLY why secret ballots were introduced even.

acems
May 8, 2019

This guy's whole profile is a doozy. He just can't stop trying to fight people and getting his rear end beat.

Where do I go from here? Assaulted customer at work.

quote:

Hey guys.

My life continues to spiral downwards. Here’s the story.

I have been going through a lot lately. Like a lot. Let me tell you about my previous assault story first. So a while ago my girlfriend dumped me very harshly. Honestly I’m still not over it and it’s been months. All of this stuff is in my post history if you guys want proof. Anyways so basically after we broke up she was blackmailing me and I had to give her money every month. So one time when I was there her new boyfriend was saying stuff to me so I tackled him. He easily threw me off and punched me a few times. I grabbed his leg and he hit his head on the table and busted it open. I jumped up and punched him as many times as I could but it wasn’t really doing much and as he was trying to get up my ex girlfriend ran up and kicked me in the nuts. Then he punched me until I was basically passed out. We all got arrested and are waiting for court dates. On top of that there’s just been so much more going on.

So yesterday I was at work at my job at a grocery store I will not name. I was on break and a customer was trying to ask me a question but I couldn’t hear him because I had headphones in. So he grabbed my arm as I was walking by and yanked me towards him. Now I had no idea what was going on I just thought someone was attacking me so I whipped around and grabbed his shirt collar and slammed him against the shelf while ripping out my headphones. He pushed me back and slammed me against the other shelf across the isle and then we got into kinda a pushing match until he put me into a headlock and body slammed me into the ground and followed it up with an elbow to my nose. He then lost his poo poo screaming at me telling me that he should call the cops for me attacking him.

My manager knows that I’ve been going through a lot and he watched the security footage with the man and told the man that if he would like him to call the cops on him for attacking his employee he is fine with that. The man finally decided that he wasn’t going to get police involved. My manager said even though it wasn’t exactly my fault and that he knows what I’m going through that I’m on very thin ice and that I’m lucky no one else was in the isle cause I would’ve been fired if another customer saw. He said I need to pay more attention to my surroundings.

I don’t see how any of that is my fault? AITA?

A note about that one: he was awaiting a court date for another assault.

I (19m) attacked my friend (20m) this morning and he beat me up now I have no one left. What do I do?

quote:

Hey guys.

So this morning my friend and I got into a fight. Last night we were talking about political stuff. Now I’m a bleeding heart liberal and he is a die hard republican. He constantly shows me these stupid videos on YouTube by StevenCrowder and last night there was one where the guy was saying there’s only 2 genders. We got into an argument and then it ended. This morning he was still at my house and he told me he can’t believe that I think the way I do. We got pretty heated and then I started punching him. And then he tried to hold me back so I punched him again and then he unloaded on me and started punching me repeadtly until I stopped and then I tried to attack him again and then he put me in a headlock and held it until I calmed down. He left and said not to talk to him anymore. He said that I’ve gone insane and he doesn’t know how to help me anymore.

I don’t know what to do. I have no one except my kid at this point. I keep getting into trouble and fights and my life just keeps spiraling into nothing. I’m so sad all of the time. I miss my ex so much. Where do I go from here?

I do not have full custody of my kid as of right now. My parents do not think it is safe and they are the caretaker of my child until my mental health gets better. I was raising him alone for a bit but not at this moment I’ve been honest with them about what’s been going on in my life and they think I need a therapist or something and they have the child.

FINAL UPDATE: my girlfriend is falling for another guy, what do I do?

quote:

Okay guys.

This is it.

Court has happened. Here are the sentences Me: I have to take an anger management class and that’s it Ex: 14 years and 2 years probation Ex’s man: 6 years and 2 years probation

I still love her and I still miss her. I wish none of this happened. I wish I was laying in bed cuddling with her. She probably strongly regrets doing all the things she did now. Our child will grow up without a mom. The kid is with my parents at the moment because I am not in the right mental state yet. I’m having breakdowns daily. I’m sad and broken. I don’t know where to go from here. All I can do is try to move forward.

I’ll be around. If needed I’ll post. But I’ll always be here guys. Have a good day. If you’re in a relationship you’re really lucky.

There's so much more and it's all so, so wack.

Dude got fired for attacking his manager, but that post got deleted :(

acems fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 22, 2019

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
"Ex: 14 years and 2 years probation Ex’s man: 6 years and 2 years probation"

There has to be a lot of other poo poo going on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

acems posted:

This guy's whole profile is a doozy. He just can't stop trying to fight people and getting his rear end beat.

Where do I go from here? Assaulted customer at work.

A note about that one: he was awaiting a court date for another assault.

I (19m) attacked my friend (20m) this morning and he beat me up now I have no one left. What do I do?

FINAL UPDATE: my girlfriend is falling for another guy, what do I do?

There's so much more and it's all so, so wack.

Dude got fired for attacking his manager, but that post got deleted :(

I feel like maybe this dude has some unresolved anger issues he should look at.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Biohazard posted:

I hope we're talking about enough money that it makes it worth dealing with such an awful human being. I don't agree with my dad about everything, but jesus if he took stances like that I'm pretty sure I'd decide that the small inheritance I get wasn't worth dealing with that kind of poo poo.

extremely good odds that he's convinced everyone he's rich in order to bigtime them about petty poo poo like this and when he dies all his kids are gonna find is the fuckin mountain of unpaid credit card bills and the mcmansion with three mortgages on it

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol that's quite a problem to have. "I can't stop picking fights and getting my rear end kicked"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Blatzmobile posted:

"Ex: 14 years and 2 years probation Ex’s man: 6 years and 2 years probation"

There has to be a lot of other poo poo going on.

The mind reels at what you have to do to get nearly 15 years of probation but no jail time.

N/m I read that as "14 years and 2 months probation." Must have been telling the truth about the blackmail.