Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I never see querns on jabber or i'd bother him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CainFortea posted:

I never see querns on jabber or i'd bother him.

He’s in gs_isk every day

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

orange juche posted:

I'm twice as good a poster as querns if you go by sheer numbers

numbers or quality aside I've always lowkey appreciated your username/av combo

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

evilweasel is the best poster in this thread and it is not close

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Never not post

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
oh noes. Elo is attacking delve

NavyBlue
Dec 22, 2013

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Resting Lich Face posted:

I see the idiots krabbing during deployment despite being told nobody will save them have started dying. :munch:

last night i harassed an astero trying to bump a badger out of teather. i made him gently caress off long enough that a combat fit ship came in and alpha'd him.

lesson learned: leave a combat ship in the station you rat from so that you can actually pvp when necessary.
lesson not learned: maybe i should have let the badger die so that he would learn to not go afk on the edge of tether in a home station away from where he should be during a deployment

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ragedx posted:

oh noes. Elo is attacking delve

"Ah, lovely - that small dent in the shape of my head is still here on this wall. Welp, time to get to it!" :bang:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Ah, lovely - that small dent in the shape of my head is still here on this wall. Welp, time to get to it!" :bang:

You're saying there's a dent...

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Kinda surprised he hasn't burnt out yet, it's about that time..

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

Kinda surprised he hasn't burnt out yet, it's about that time..

Back in the days when RZR and BL where good frenemies up in the northern north, we had a joint op :airquote: and so I had the absolute privilege of being FC'd by Elo chasing literally nobody around nowhere in fecking Venal. I burned out after 30 mins of his pretentiousness and leet attitude. That was almost a decade ago. How can the man still bear himself I have no clue :iiam:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

froody guy posted:

Back in the days when RZR and BL where good frenemies up in the northern north, we had a joint op :airquote: and so I had the absolute privilege of being FC'd by Elo chasing literally nobody around nowhere in fecking Venal. I burned out after 30 mins of his pretentiousness and leet attitude. That was almost a decade ago. How can the man still bear himself I have no clue :iiam:

Having a mental illness helps.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also copious amounts of cocaine

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Goonwaffe won't let me in their super special and hip space club. :bang:

If any body with an invite button reads this, here is a list of some of my likes and dislikes.

Likes: sex, good food, surfing, saying "oh gently caress, thats a lot of blood this time..." While using a public urinal.

Dislikes: when the grocery store hires special needs people to do a good deed or some poo poo, when popcorn gets stuck in my teeth, feeling too full after eating too much at a really good restaurant.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

nazca posted:

If any body with an invite button reads this, here is a list of some of my likes and dislikes.

Likes: sex, good food, surfing, saying "oh gently caress, thats a lot of blood this time..." While using a public urinal.

Dislikes: when the grocery store hires special needs people to do a good deed or some poo poo, when popcorn gets stuck in my teeth, feeling too full after eating too much at a really good restaurant.

Join Karmafleet or Ascee. There is little to no advantage being in a specific corp compared to another. People dont hang out with their corpmates, they hang out with their Sigs.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Coming here to whine makes it even more apparent you are an idiot

Also nice special ed joke, go gently caress yourself

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

UCS Hellmaker posted:

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Never not post

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Except you. You and He Who Shall Not Be Named.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

nazca posted:

Never not post

Also, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'm an idiot.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Spy

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

nazca posted:

This one was not a close call.

Miskatonic
May 16, 2010

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
I want to get back into eve online

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Maneck posted:

This one was not a close call.

I'm not funny.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Miskatonic posted:

I want to get back into eve online

do you though?

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Many years ago I wanted to get into Eve and I happened to have an SA account way back when. I checked out the Eve thread that was around then and it seemed like the only thing the clan (or corporation, whatever the correct term is for Eve) was mostly about griefing other players and that turned me off.

Now I've been chatting to a few Goons in Discords I'm in and they've been talking about Eve, and I admit it's got me intrigued again. But if the only thing I'm gonna be doing is being mean to pubbies then it's a hard pass. Has Goonswarm moved on from that or is that still it's main goal?

Miskatonic
May 16, 2010

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Landsknecht posted:

do you though?

Yes, last I played was about five-years ago. Back then I was in university and my computer ran it like poo poo... I'd like to try industry this time.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

OscarDiggs posted:

Many years ago I wanted to get into Eve and I happened to have an SA account way back when. I checked out the Eve thread that was around then and it seemed like the only thing the clan (or corporation, whatever the correct term is for Eve) was mostly about griefing other players and that turned me off.

Now I've been chatting to a few Goons in Discords I'm in and they've been talking about Eve, and I admit it's got me intrigued again. But if the only thing I'm gonna be doing is being mean to pubbies then it's a hard pass. Has Goonswarm moved on from that or is that still it's main goal?

Goonswarm is such a large organization that you can do what you want. You do not need to grief pubbies even though it is pretty fun.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

funnily enough, no one bothers me on jabber, it's all the other weirdos not even in the alliance who think i'm a bigshot

Aren't you a trillionare. That could have something to do with it.

OscarDiggs posted:

The alliance is full of pubbies and they arent usually mean to them unless it's deserved. And like the other guy said you can be nice and totally oblivious to people who are mean for no reason if that even exists because the alliance is huge.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The biggest Corp in the alliance is the loving reddit Corp... don’t even know why goon is in the name anymore

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

quality of posting, not quantity of bodies.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

tyler posted:

The biggest Corp in the alliance is the loving reddit Corp... don’t even know why goon is in the name anymore

No longer can we recruit from this dead, gay comedy forum

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

quality of posting, not quantity of bodies.

tyler posted:

don’t even know why goon is in the name anymore

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

OscarDiggs posted:

There are plenty of goons who have played in the alliance and never been mean to anybody, but if you aren't comfortable hanging out with people who do than GSF isn't for you. The overall goal of the alliance is still to fight wars, gank pubbies, and bring misery to our opponents (which is everyone that isn't us). Right now we're destroying an enemy's space just because we can.

Holyshoot posted:

Aren't you a trillionare. That could have something to do with it.

iirc querns has said that he's small potatoes compared to aryth & mynnna

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Klyith posted:

iirc querns has said that he's small potatoes compared to aryth & mynnna

The Caldari Nation is small potatoes compared to those two.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I'm not even sure how much money I have any more, but I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of folks in GSF have more than me at this point (other than the obvious.) Delve has made our guys ridiculously rich, and I have really done gently caress all to make money in the last couple of years, since I mostly just fiddle with alliance assets when I do deign to log in. The alliance only trusts me with access to a couple trillion of its ISK, so it's not really that interesting on the whole.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

I made this eve thing, but i kinda puttered out on motivation.

http://www.newedenbasicacademy.com/

nazca fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 23, 2019

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

nazca posted:

I made this eve thing, but i kinda puttered out on motivation.

http://www.newedenbasicacademy.com/

do more of this, it'll def get you sponsored dude

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OscarDiggs posted:

There's room to do what you want. I tried ganking an miner in highsec once during one of our burn things events. Successfully pulled off a solo gank on some miner who was probably AFK. Then I felt bad and sent him 5 mil (less than he lost, but enough to get him back to mining if he was broke). Since I didn't enjoy it, I didn't participate in that sort of thing again and no one cared. No one ever even noticed.

Meanwhile I spent a few years helping with the programs for goon and allied newbies, generally being nice and helpful and having a good time. I saw a guy once wrote I was the only director he didn't want to kick in the teeth. :3: I also flew a space priest ship handing out heals in strategic fights because that's what I like to do. Also puttering around with a bunch of small time industry stuff. Just having a good time with no drama.

The only time being a nice person could put you in conflict with goonfleetwaffesquad is if you burst into the situation and tell everyone they are bad for enjoying mean things. Or you see a goon scaming someone so you take it upon yourself to get in the middle and warn the mark that he's being scammed. But mostly you'll never even know goon rude boys are out there being mean to pubbies unless you go out of your way to join those special interest groups. The stories of that part of the game are well known because they are more interesting than stories about standard MMO activities like how you mined a rock real good or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

It's also worth noting that GSF is large enough that you can operate a space business and become very wealthy just by offering services to other goons. Whether industry, markets, logistics, contracts, you can become space rich with zero pubbie contact and zero PVE mining/ratting. When I played, I plexed 6 accounts, bought a super, etc, just by doing work for other people in my alliance. GSF is a massive economy unto itself with a lot of neat niches for specialized work.