Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

LadyPictureShow posted:

How does that guy keep getting body slammed so much?

Probably eats like a bird and has no muscle or fat to speak of.

Would certainly explain why everyone he swings and connects with just kind of shrugs it off.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

How does someone manage to LOSE so many fights? This guy is jockeying for Glass Joe's boxing record, christ.

We deliberately trained him wrong, as a joke.
/

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My girlfriend of 1.5 years deletes Instagram photos of us every time we get in a fight.

quote:

Every time we get in a pretty mild or bad fight she deletes Instagram photos of us and even hints at being single with new Instagram posts during our fights. We’ve always worked them out every time and I know we always will because they are usually stupid minor things.

For example, we had a stupid fight about how we were suppose to hangout but because one of us got busy (keeping it vague on purpose) it never happened and one of us got upset. After a few days she will go to her Instagram and delete all the pictures of us on Instagram that she has posted. She does this every 3-6months. Then we work it out like usual because it was a stupid rear end fight about something stupid and the cycle repeats.

Like is this some kind of punishment for me? Is this to let her followers know she’s “single” so she can get DMs?

It’s honestly not a big deal to me because I could care less about instagram clout but if it’s important enough to her to delete them then it’s important enough for me to care. She also sometimes goes on to post some pictures with “single” like captions. I think she believes it’s some kind of insult to me like I don’t need no man.

The worst part is just the fact that other people probably assume we’re going through something and she’s basically making our perils in our private relationship public and that’s the most annoying part.

We are a couple. If she’s trying to make me look stupid, she doesn’t understand that she’s making herself look stupid when she posts another picture of us together a few weeks later.

What do I do?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for telling my brother what I think of his wife?

quote:

Long time Reddit lurker, just discovered this sub and made an account to post this.

To keep it brief, I'm a single dad. Idk what I allowed to say here per the rules, but let's just say my kids mum isn't at all a fit mother and I have full custody. I'm pretty young (23, kid is 5) but I really think becoming a parent was the best thing that's happened to me and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy being a single parent.

My brother and, especially, his wife don't seem to grasp this. Since I took full custody she's been asking me non-stop when I'm going to "get back out there" and trying to set me up with her friends. I've told her multiple times that I'm not interested in dating again right now, and have given her my whole list of reasons as to why. To begin with she countered them with "oh but you're so young, you should date while you can!!" type bullshit. Then she started telling me I was selfish and that I'm depriving my kid of a stable two-parent home for my own "bullshit reasons". That, I took offence to, because I provide a stable home for my kid by myself and don't need another person to be able to do that.

Anyway, things peaked last month when I found out my sister in law had been signing me up for dating sites and talking to people on my behalf and trying to set up dates. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, and I kinda flipped out and called my brother and told him that I think his wife is an inconsiderate bitch, that she needs to learn some respect for other people and that I don't want her around me or my kid again for the foreseeable future. He told me that I'm being selfish, she's just trying to help me be a better parent, and that I'm ungrateful. It ended in us basically having a shouting match on the phone and we haven't spoken since. I can totally see their side that she was trying to help/do a nice thing but I repeatedly told her no and she didn't listen, so I think I was justified. Was I, or is my brother right that I'm a raging ungrateful douchebag?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

My girlfriend of 1.5 years deletes Instagram photos of us every time we get in a fight.

:sever:

You either invest in her weird online obsessions or you don't, but a house divided will fall.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

DemoneeHo posted:

That guy should leave her because it's only a matter of time before playing single turns into her cheating on him.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panfilo posted:

I swear there are more piss bottlers than people with clinical depression it seems. Laziness is just an excuse, they just love hoarding up those jars of liquid gold.

How does someone manage to LOSE so many fights? This guy is jockeying for Glass Joe's boxing record, christ.

Gotta be honest; I think it’s loving hilarious that this woman still exceeds the bar set on a table in hell by male piss-bottlers and dumps her piss outside.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol instagram is so loving stupid and creepy and I'm glad I'm old enough to have gotten through my 20's dating phase without it being a thing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

lol instagram is so loving stupid and creepy and I'm glad I'm old enough to have gotten through my 20's dating phase without it being a thing.

it's just another vector for cat photos, dude, settle down

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

DemoneeHo posted:

Don't validate your relationship through social media, that's loving dumb to begin with.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

MasBrillante posted:

Gotta be honest; I think it’s loving hilarious that this woman still exceeds the bar set on a table in hell by male piss-bottlers and dumps her piss outside.

I haven't discounted the possibility there is some rube Goldberg device hidden in the bushes that funnels the urine into some homemade bottling plant in the basement.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I had a girl I was dating super into instagram. Just could not live in the moment and be happy with an experience without having to stop and take a loving picture

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for telling my brother what I think of his wife?

NTA. I'll never understand people who can't grasp that not everyone is seeking out a relationship at every point in their lives. Relationships can be great and fulfilling, but since this guy sounds like he's trying his best to just be a really good parent, there's absolutely no reason he should feel any bullshit pressure to "get back out there" just because this chick is so co-dependent she can't imagine life without a SO.

Probably could have handled it better, but some people won't back off until you flip the gently caress out at them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

How does that guy keep getting body slammed so much?

Does he have a WWE Hardcore Title championship belt around his waist 24/7 and not realize it?

LOL

I'm reading his other posts and God he's just the worst at this.

I (19m) got beat up defending my (19f) date tonight and then afterwards my date beat me up. How do I apologize to her and where do I go from here?

quote:

I knew I shouldn’t of gone on this date.

I just got through a insane break up and I’m not truly over her yet to be real. Anyways everyone tells me I need to get back into it it’s been months but I still love my ex.

Anyways. So I’ve been speaking to this girl on tinder for about a week now and I finally decided it’s time. So I asked her on a date and we went on it tonight. We were to go out to eat and then come back to my apartment to watch a movie after.

Earlier in the night I got into a physical fight with my dad. He was telling me I need to get my life back in order and I attacked him and he beat my rear end. I already showed up to the date with a black eye and I was slightly drunk as well (I walked).

Dinner was okaybut kinda awkward. I was very nervous as she is beautiful. She is a straight 9.5. but when we were walking out in the parking lot a guy stared at her butt at whistled and went to grab it. She was walking too fast so he missed. So I instantly grabbed him and tried to put his head through the window of his car. His head only hit the window so then he grabbed me and threw me up against the car and I got punched probably 10 times and I fell to the floor gasping for air and my date quickly ran up screaming and then I got up and we ran away.

So we get back to my house and I clean up and then we calm down and watch our movie. The night comes to a close and she says she’s gonna head out (she drove). She thanked me for the date and said that she really really really appreciated me standing up for her but she doesn’t think she’d like to see each other again and that she wanted to be upfront about it and just let me know instead of ghosting me and she said she kinda felt like she owed me another date cause I got beat up for her but that she just wasn’t into it.

She said she’d really like to remain friends but that we just don’t match like that. I’ll admit the night was kinda awkward and she said she wanted someone with more interests in common with her. She likes to work out. We like different music. She’s on the more republican end of things I’m Democrat.

I freaked out and I regret it a lot. I was depressed from the rejection. I grabbed her arm and just asked if we could please try one more time and she tried to pull away and said I was hurting her. I didn’t let go so she immediately kneed me in the balls and I fell to my knees and in shock I wrapped my arms around her leg and she fell over. She then started kicking me in the face repeatedly and her toe poked me in the eye. All I saw was green (her toe nail color) and then my eye hurt really bad and then it started watering like crazy. By this time she was yelling to stop. But I was very disoriented and a little angry. I’m also pretty drunk by now cause I started drinking again once we got back. So I grabbed her foot and pulled on it for some reason and she got to her knees and put me into a rear naked choke and wrapped her legs around my body. I couldn’t move and I was extremely close to passing out and then I started thrashing my arms and hit her in the nose I think.

She eased up and I twisted around and then she got on top and had her hands around my throat and was choking me. By this time she was crying and pleading for me to stop. She again choked me to me almost passing out until I mustered every ounce of strength I had (I’m weak I’m like 5’9 and 115) she’s like 5’8 but I know she out weighs me by a lot cause she seems to be very fit and muscle kinda. So I finally kinda get on top and she wraps her legs and chokes me in like a scissor triangle type of choke with her thighs and this time she gets me to pass out. By the time I come to she’s gone.

I don’t know what to do. I already checked but I’m blocked on everything by her. My entire body hurts. I didn’t mean to hurt her. I want to apologize and explain things. The only thing I know is where she works. Should I go and at least apologize?

I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve had my rear end beaten in the past month or so. My body aches and I think my nose is broken this time it keeps leaking blood and it hasn’t stopped hurting and it looks a little crooked. I have two black eyes and bruises and cuts all over my body.

I hope to God this dude is real.

acems
May 8, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

I (19m) got beat up defending my (19f) date tonight and then afterwards my date beat me up. How do I apologize to her and where do I go from here?

there are enough posts over a long enough period that it’s fully real

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That guy's gonna do great in prison

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

#SBCCHAT time

really good ones this week imo

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1131242556048793601

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1131242559169282049

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1131242562633830401

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1131242578811207680

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Biohazard posted:

NTA. I'll never understand people who can't grasp that not everyone is seeking out a relationship at every point in their lives. Relationships can be great and fulfilling, but since this guy sounds like he's trying his best to just be a really good parent, there's absolutely no reason he should feel any bullshit pressure to "get back out there" just because this chick is so co-dependent she can't imagine life without a SO.

Probably could have handled it better, but some people won't back off until you flip the gently caress out at them.

Not to mention that dating gets complicated by single parenthood. It's not just about him and her, it's him, her, and how his kid fits into all of it.

And it is totally possible that he might be just put off by the type of women that are a little too enthusiastic about dating a single dad..

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So these are all great but why in the ever loving gently caress aren’t these each their own tweet? Like why does one question reply to the other one?

Twitter is dumb.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

It's really hard to pick a single one out of them all, but that one lady who said god chose that dude to reproduce with her takes the gold medal this week.

chitoryu12 posted:

He does not need your pithy belief to be real. The Failson is the truest person to have ever existed in this thread.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

acems posted:

there are enough posts over a long enough period that it’s fully real

Jesus Christ. I'm gonna do these in chronological order.

6 months ago: My girlfriend is falling for another guy, what do I do?

quote:

Hi, I (19m) have been dating my (20f) girlfriend for about 3 years now. She’s also 4 months pregnant with our child. She always has been loyal and very quick to curve any guy that tries to hit her up or talk to her in person. And if I have a problem with a guy just as if she has a problem with a girl it’s all good we just stop talking to said guy or girl. But, that all changed 2 months ago. We went to this party and I knew, I knew we shouldn’t of went. Something was just telling me not to go. I should have listened.

Anyways so we get to this party and meet up with our friends and right away I notice this guy staring at her. I also notice her staring at him right back. So I put my arm around her. But something just told me at some point in the night he was going to try to talk to her. Not a big deal I thought, she would just curve him. I was wrong. He is like 6’3 and extremely muscular and good looking. I’m not bi but I can tell this dude is a 10 to most girls I’m sure. He’s way better looking than me. I also find out that he’s 23 later on and I know my girlfriend likes older guys.

As the night goes on, of course, he talks to her. I go to the bathroom and come out and kinda chuckle to myself waiting for her to curb him But this time it’s different, I keep waiting for her to curb him but she doesn’t, instead she walks up to me and says “hey a bunch of people are going into the garage to play beer pong I’ll be back go hangout with Jason (my friend) usually stuff like this happens all the time, we split up and everything’s fine. I didn’t like how she was going off with him. So I said “why don’t you come too” and she just shrugged me off and said she wanted to watch beer pong but that I should stay inside cause I don’t like beer. Okay I figured, I’m gonna go outside in a little while and tell her I want to leave.

An hour later I notice everyone coming back inside who was in the garage. I wait about 10 minutes and see that neither of them have come back. So I walk out there. My heart dropped when I did. They’re the only two left our there and they’re sitting next to each other. She’s laughing like crazy at something he said. I walk up to her and tell her I’m ready to leave.

Then she starts talking to me like a little kid “okay, go back inside I’ll be ready in like 10 minutes okay”. At this point I’m pissed and I’m going to talk to her about it when she comes back in. I go inside and sit down on the couch and try to time her it’s 12:56. For some reason I fall asleep. I wake up to her shaking me awake. “Ugh are you ready to go now” she says, with extreme attitude which she never usually gives me. I look down at the clock. It’s 4:08 She was just out there talking to him for 3 hours. I look around and everyone’s either asleep or gone. I notice him walk in from the garage and walk up to my girlfriend give her a hug and say bye.

I try to talk to her about it and she just says it was nothing. I tell her that I don’t want her talking to him again and she tells me not worry about it that he’s just a new friend. (Usually she would never say that she’d immediately be like “okay no problem”)

After that I notice them snap chatting every and all of a sudden her hours at work have “changed” even though they’ve been exactly the same for the 5 years she’s worked there.

I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried talking to her about it a million times, she goes out and spends so much time with this new “friend” that she doesn’t even have time for me anymore. What do I do? I feel so betrayed and broken. Please don’t say to talk to her because I have tried. Fighting him is not an option as I said he’s huge, I’m 5’9 and 115 pounds soaking wet. Please help.

My girlfriend found my post on reddit, she wants to break up, what do I do?

quote:

Hey guys, it’s me again, I screwed up majorly last night. My girlfriend has been talking to this dude from a party as I explained in my last post and last night I posted on reddit seeking advice. Well this morning I was awoken to my phone being thrown in my face. My girlfriend went through it this morning when she woke up and I forgot to log out of this account last night so she seen my whole post and now she’s pissed saying that I deserve to be broken up with and maybe she will go date party guy. What do I do? She’s been cold towards me lately anyways now this ruins so much more. I want her so bad, everyone’s saying to leave but I can’t bring myself to. She stormed out before I could even talk to her and she just sent me a Snapchat of her and the dude from the party being all cuddly

Then I texted her friend who is a pretty nice person and asked if they knew anything and she was pretty suprised to hear from me saying that my girlfriend told her we broke up over a month ago! And that she had been hanging out with the new guy around her a lot, it literally broke my heart when I read that. And I looked on Facebook and it doesn’t even say we’re in a relationship anymore on there. I don’t know how long it’s been like that. I think she was just waiting for a reason to leave me and today was her reason. What do I do?? I have a kid with her, I don’t want to fight for the rights to see my own child. Please someone help.

Also, for people asking the last post, she watched beer pong she didn’t drink. And I hate beer but I love vodka mixed with stuff that’s what I was drinking. And we aren’t controlling towards each other. There’s never been a rule that we HAVE to stop taking to someone else. If we didn’t like who the other person was taking to we would just express that it makes us uncomfortable and the other person would stop out of respect. My red flag was that this time she didn’t. And I was right to be concerned.

Also, like I said she would NEVER take a guy hitting on here she’d literally leave them on read or be like “gtfo my inbox” online and in person she’d immediately mention me to them and tell them to back off. For the last 3 years it’s been like that. I never thought it’d change for some handsome 23 year old.

I remember on the way to the party talking to her in the car about how excited we were for the baby for marriage one day for the future everything. We used to talk about that stuff every day. That day in the car though was the last time I actually heard any enthusiasm from her about it. Anytime I’d mention it afterwards she’d just be like “yeah”

Also guys, we never left the honeymoon phase. For everyone saying I should’ve noticed it earlier. We never ever fought, our relationship was literally always happy and full of cuddling and love and passion. For 3 years. Then for it to end like this. I thought I found the one. I still think she is.

She always told me “it’s me and you against the world forever” and now I guess it’s just me against the world.

Edit: I also just went to McDonald’s to get some breakfast and went to go pay and noticed that the 40 I had in my wallet is gone and so is my debit card and checked my bank account and she withdrew $800.

My ex recently cheated on me and then broke up with me, now my friend wants me to give her a chance, should I?

quote:

Hi guys, I (19m) just got out of a 3 year relationship with the love of my life (or so I thought) I have been completely broken. Literally for the past week almost I’ve just laid in bed, drank whiskey, tripped on acid like 3 times trying to figure my life out, and cried. I’m in no means over her at all and I don’t think I will be any time soon. I wrote an entire post about it all when it was going on if you want to check it out.

My friend (18f) and I met when we were in 6th grade. We have known each other for a pretty good amount of time. I had a huge crush on her in pretty much all of middle school before my girlfriend and I started dating in high school. She never wanted me though. But then as soon as I got into a relationship she started to crush on me. I loved my girlfriend though. My girlfriend was not really comfortable with my friendship with her either once she confessed her feelings so we haven’t really talked much in the last probably year and a half.

So now that I am single she has been there for me all week. She’s let me crash at her place, she’s taken care of my depressed self, she has done literally everything for me. Last night she pretty much begged me to take a chance on her promising that she won’t hurt me, I told her that I don’t know right now. I don’t know what to do, I used to have feelings for her but that was years ago and I honestly can’t even imagine having feelings for anyone other than my ex still right now. Should I go for it or should I wait it out?

I don’t know what I am doing anymore.

quote:

Hey guys, (19m) here and I honestly don’t know what I am doing with my life anymore. I recently got out of a 3 year relationship with the person I thought I’d be with forever because she cheated and then broke up with me. I have a kid coming in about 4 months now with said girl. My friend who I’ve known since 6th grade (18f) who I was in love with before my relationship begged me to take a chance on her.

I said I’d think about it but I finally said yes. I feel bad though because I don’t even think of her like that anymore. I’m just lonely. The only person I want is my ex. I still just lay in bed and cry and drink everyday. She’s been there for me through it all though. I just don’t know where this is going to go. I’m really scared of getting attached or falling in love and getting hurt. I’m so stressed out. We are supposed to have our first date tomorrow night but I don’t even know what to do with her. I feel like I’ll start crying on the date.

I feel suicidal over the series of unfortunate events that are happening to me.

quote:

Hey guys. I don’t know where else to go at this point. You can check my (19m) post history if you want cause everything is explained but short story of everything. I recently had a girlfriend of 3 years cheat on me and then steal 800 dollars from me and leave me broken. She is also pregnant with my (I believe at least) child. Then my friend wanted me to give her a chance so I guess I’m in a relationship with her now after her begging and begging. I told her to give me time but she just begged for a chance, I can’t even feel anything towards her because all I can think about is my ex. I loved her so much, I hate her too but I can’t stop loving her and I just want her back.

Then 2 days ago, my grandfather died, he didn’t even get to hear about the news about her and I breaking up. We were extremely close and he died thinking something that I didn’t tell him. His last words to me were telling me that her and I will make a great family with the baby and I just broke down and couldn’t stop crying right there. The nurses had to literally restrain me and pull me out of the room.

Now, yesterday my bank account got hacked or something. I think it has to do with my ex though because she has all my information because I’ve just been in bed crying and drinking whiskey I haven’t changed it yet. I think I’ve left the house maybe twice since she left and that was only to get breakfast at the McDonald’s that’s basically outside my doorway.

Whoever did it took everything I had though which was $10,576 that I had been continually saving up for the baby and for rent. Also, the money in my safety deposit box which was close to $1000 is gone and she had the combination. So now I don’t know what to do. I can’t get out of bed. My new I guess girlfriend has been very supportive but sometimes I just wish she’d leave. Now I feel like I want to die.

I don’t know how to change anything. I miss my ex. I miss my grandpa. I miss my money, I can’t even go buy more whiskey now cause I have nothing except a girlfriend I don’t want.

1 month ago: UPDATE: My girl is falling for another guy, what do I do?

quote:

Hey guys, it’s been awhile.

I wanted to tell you all how everything ended up. So as some of you know after everything went down I ended up getting into a relationship with my friend and it just couldn’t last. I was so torn up with my recent break up and I still am. I’m still not over anything. I’m still really depressed. I still hardly talk to anyone. We lasted about 3 weeks and then I had to break up with her.

As for my girlfriend. Well, I give her a monthly check of $500 now as she blackmails me and tells me she will tell everyone my biggest secrets if I don’t. I tried to see if she was bluffing and she wasn’t so that’s where I’m at.

Our baby is coming really soon and I’m just worried I won’t be able to see him.

She is still dating the guy that she left me for and apparently they’re engaged now. She told me that she has more chemistry with him than me and that he’s actually the love of her life and that she is glad she met him.

She’s really happy. I’m not.

I got into a physical altercation with the dude like a month ago that ended up with me getting my rear end beat. I went over to drop money off and he was there and he started saying poo poo so I pushed him and then we ended up fighting on the ground but when I started to win my ex ran up and kicked me straight in the balls then her boyfriend beat my rear end.

So yeah, this update is not a happy one. I’m still broken. I hope it gets better soon.

She was just such a different person for 3 years while I was dating her. I didn’t know she would steal from me, blackmail me, assault me. She never seemed like she would do any of that. She claimed that we’d be together forever.

UPDATE: All 3 of us got arrested. - My girlfriend is falling for another guy what do I do?

quote:

Okay guys.

I listened. Yesterday I called the non emergency police number and asked for someone to come to my house. I talked to a cop for about an hour and explained the entire situation. I showed him pictures of blackmail texts. I showed him pictures of my face after getting the poo poo kicked out of me. I showed him everything I needed to.

He said he had to go talk to them as well so he did and I filled out a report.

He arrested them. I was so loving happy. Then 2 hours later he came and arrested me as well.

Our charges-

Ex: Possesion of marijuana not over 20 grams, assault, extortion, petty theft, resisting arrest without violence, possession of controlled substance without prescription W intent to sell (I don’t know what that one is. I guess they found drugs on them when they arrested them) and probation violation (she previously got arrested on drug charges but I didn’t even know she was on probation)

Ex’s man: assault, resisting arrest without violence, possesion of controlled substance without prescription,

Me: assault

I’m being told by numerous people that I should get out of this okay but I’m still really scared. As far as I know they’re both still in jail but my dad bailed me out as soon as he could. It’s not a fun experience and I hope I don’t do any time.

She is literally about to have the baby anytime so I do feel bad that she just got arrested but I’m being told that both of them especially her are probably gonna do some time but I’m honestly just thinking about dropping charges.

On the other hand it’d be cool to have full custody over my child. I’m so torn.

I’m also getting texts from a bunch of her family members who don’t know the situation at all about how much of a piece of poo poo I am for getting her arrested and how I should’ve just moved on when she dumped my sorry rear end etc.

UPDATE: She just got bailed out and said she wants to get back together and that I should drop my charges against her and that she’d fight the rest. Considering she’s still engaged on Facebook I’m leaning more towards this being a trick on her part.

29 days ago: UPDATE: My girlfriend is falling for another guy, what do I do? FINAL UPDATE

quote:

Hey guys.

I figured I’d give you one final update. Unless you guys want another one after court. Let me know.

We are all awaiting court. Mine is in 2 weeks and so is my exes. My ex’s boyfriends is in 3 weeks. I don’t think they will last though because it’s seriously looking like they’re gonna do some time. My lawyer is telling me he thinks they might get years. I forgot to add that she actually got charged for Fraud and identity theft as well because apparently she was trying to use my social security card for something. I’m really glad I listened to everyone and called the cops.

She keeps trying to tell me to get back together with her and that she’ll break up with the other guy and that we will have the life we were supposed to have. It sounds tempting but as soon as I drop those charges I know she’d run.

I’m not dropping anything. My son is currently at my house with me. I’m hoping to get full custody. If she somehow avoids jail it’s going to be very hard. But I’m going to try.

That’s it guys. I can update after court again if you want. Just let me know. I’m scared for court too because I don’t want to go to jail. My ex’s grandma is actually paying for all my legal fees because I told her the story and she always liked me and she felt really bad. She also gave me a very very hefty check and told me to take care of myself. My ex also gave me everything she stole from me back thinking it’d help her case. So I don’t need to work for probably the next 2 years and I’m going to rent my own apartment and just pay rent for the year in advance and then quit my job for awhile and figure out what I truly want to do in my life.

My ex is probably reading these as she keeps tabs on this Reddit account. I appreciate all the advice I have been given. I still miss her. I still love her. I still feel empty. If you guys can give any advice on where to go from here I’d appreciate it.

Honestly I’m a bit scared at what she may have planned next. I don’t know how far she will go to win against me or whatever she’s trying to do. I hope she doesn’t try anything serious but until court is over and they are roaming free I do fear for my safety.

I’m probably also going to hire a financial adviser for myself. And get their input on what I should do here. Honestly I may or may not quit. I might need to because of the baby. I make good money but I want to be there for my kid and I also want all my finances in order so it’s best to hire someone especially with me being this young I’m nervous to have this amount of money. I don’t want to lose it.

15 days ago: AITA for “assaulting” customer at work while awaiting court date for a previous assault?

quote:

Hey guys.

My life continues to spiral downwards. Here’s the story.

I have been going through a lot lately. Like a lot. Let me tell you about my previous assault story first. So a while ago my girlfriend dumped me very harshly. Honestly I’m still not over it and it’s been months. All of this stuff is in my post history if you guys want proof. Anyways so basically after we broke up she was blackmailing me and I had to give her money every month. So one time when I was there her new boyfriend was saying stuff to me so I tackled him. He easily threw me off and punched me a few times. I grabbed his leg and he hit his head on the table and busted it open. I jumped up and punched him as many times as I could but it wasn’t really doing much and as he was trying to get up my ex girlfriend ran up and kicked me in the nuts. Then he punched me until I was basically passed out. We all got arrested and are waiting for court dates. On top of that there’s just been so much more going on.

So yesterday I was at work at my job at a grocery store I will not name. I was on break and a customer was trying to ask me a question but I couldn’t hear him because I had headphones in. So he grabbed my arm as I was walking by and yanked me towards him. Now I had no idea what was going on I just thought someone was attacking me so I whipped around and grabbed his shirt collar and slammed him against the shelf while ripping out my headphones. He pushed me back and slammed me against the other shelf across the isle and then we got into kinda a pushing match until he put me into a headlock and body slammed me into the ground and followed it up with an elbow to my nose. He then lost his poo poo screaming at me telling me that he should call the cops for me attacking him.

My manager knows that I’ve been going through a lot and he watched the security footage with the man and told the man that if he would like him to call the cops on him for attacking his employee he is fine with that. The man finally decided that he wasn’t going to get police involved. My manager said even though it wasn’t exactly my fault and that he knows what I’m going through that I’m on very thin ice and that I’m lucky no one else was in the isle cause I would’ve been fired if another customer saw. He said I need to pay more attention to my surroundings.

I don’t see how any of that is my fault? AITA?

14 days ago: I (19m) attacked my friend (20m) this morning and he beat me up now I have no one left. What do I do?

quote:

Hey guys.

So this morning my friend and I got into a fight. Last night we were talking about political stuff. Now I’m a bleeding heart liberal and he is a die hard republican. He constantly shows me these stupid videos on YouTube by StevenCrowder and last night there was one where the guy was saying there’s only 2 genders. We got into an argument and then it ended. This morning he was still at my house and he told me he can’t believe that I think the way I do. We got pretty heated and then I started punching him. And then he tried to hold me back so I punched him again and then he unloaded on me and started punching me repeadtly until I stopped and then I tried to attack him again and then he put me in a headlock and held it until I calmed down. He left and said not to talk to him anymore. He said that I’ve gone insane and he doesn’t know how to help me anymore.

I don’t know what to do. I have no one except my kid at this point. I keep getting into trouble and fights and my life just keeps spiraling into nothing. I’m so sad all of the time. I miss my ex so much. Where do I go from here?

I do not have full custody of my kid as of right now. My parents do not think it is safe and they are the caretaker of my child until my mental health gets better. I was raising him alone for a bit but not at this moment I’ve been honest with them about what’s been going on in my life and they think I need a therapist or something and they have the child.

20 hours ago: I just got into a physical fight with my dad, how do I apologize?

quote:

I (19m) just got into a huge physical fight with my (36m) dad. He was telling me that I needed to get my life together when he was visiting my apartment with my son (my son currently lives with him). I got really angry and started screaming in his face and then he told me to back off and I didn’t. This went on for a few minutes and then I pushed him a couple times and then swung at him. He dodged the punch and grabbed my arm and slammed me to the ground using it. I then reached up trying to hit him again and he punched me 2 times in the face. All while screaming for me to chill out. I then tried throwing him off of me and we wrestled for a minute until he got one last punch in and I just laid there.

He helped me up and then told me that with the way I’m acting I’m about to lose everyone in my life. He said he was very disappointed in me and then left my house with my son who I only got to see for a few minutes before all this happened. What do I even do at this point. I don’t want to lose everyone. How do I say sorry?

I am trying to renew my life. I just went through a horrific horrific break up with the mother of my child and she is currently in jail serving years. I’ve just laid around and started random different tv shows (right now I’m on Ozark) and went to work at my job that I’m hanging on by a thread to. I do have more than enough money to last me for a long long time but I’d like to at least have a job and I’m glad that I’m not blowing my money I’m doing good at keeping it stacking up other than bills of course. I am going on a date tonight though for the first time in a while. I’m not over my ex really but if I move on then eventually I have to be. It’s with a girl on tinder. It’s going to be a little tough explaining the beat up face and I’m already pretty drunk and it’s in 30 minutes. We are supposed to go out to eat at this restraint like 5 minutes from my house so I’ll probably just walk and then we are going to come back to my house and watch a movie. So let’s hope tonight goes good.

And here we are. I count 8 people who have beaten him up in the past month, not including the additional employees who dragged him out of the building when he attacked his boss.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Working opposite shifts to avoid spouse

quote:

Has anyone done this? Not because you can't stand your spouse, but becuase maybe your spouse can't stand you lol... My Wife (24f) seems to always find a reason to be mad at me (23m). If it's not one thing it's anothe, and it's so draining. For example, she'll say something like "All I ask is for you to pick up a little." You better believe that I'll be on top of it CONSISTENTLY. And guess what? It won't be enough.She'll then turn around and say something else she wants me to do.... "I wish you would give our son a bath at least once a week" I'll give him a bath 2 or 3 times a week and it will go unnoticed... You get the drift. I could literally go on and on.

There's things that she'll want me to do but complains about the WAY I do it, so eventually I get tired of trying and trying and hearing the nagging and start doing my own thing. Obviously this becomes a problem because now in her eyes I'm ignoring her. Which that isn't my intention. I just want to be around someone who is upset all the drat time because that upsets me.

I try to talk to my Wife... I really do... But it's like talking to a brick wall. Almost... At least the brick wall appears to listen. Anyway, I decided that maybe working a different shift might be beneficial towards our relationship so we can only have time to spend a couple of days out of the week together. I have the opportunity to work the same shift as her but then I think of how I'd keep coming home to nagging. I love my Wife. This is the only solution I can think of because maybe it'll help her to miss me more, which in return would cut the nagging down a bit. Thoughts?

Tl;DR Wife always finding something to complain about. Thinking of working opposite schedules to avoid the constant nagging.

I guess it's cheaper than couples therapy and/or divorce

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LGD posted:

#SBCCHAT time

really good ones this week imo

Whoever rewords and condenses these questions for Twitter is a loving master. It's artwork.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Me [27F] with my husband [28M]. I feel he has inappropriate male friendships. Together 6 years.

quote:

Okay so, my husband and I have been together for 6 years and during the course of our relationship there have been a few red flags and I want to know if I’m going crazy.

One day, at one of his friends birthday party, his friend made another statement to the other... something like “oh that’s why I couldn’t suck you off (hahahha). It was completely weird to me and I was taken aback.

I confronted him about this and he said that his friends go a little far with the homosexual jokes but they’ve always joked like that. Okay.

At a holiday one year, there was a question about my cousins sexuality (he’s 18, never had a girlfriend, my family was discussing this amongst each other). He literally was so defensive and arguing my family down saying “why are y’all questioning him”, “this is crazy”, he kind of embarrassed me. Okay.

A few years ago I was on his Facebook and a man commented on his wall “_____ has a fat rear end.” Now I don’t recognize this guy, he isn’t in his circle of friends or anything like that. In confronted him about that and he said he didn’t remember because it was old. Okay.

Recently, he befriended this new male coworker (I’ve met him). He and this male coworker work in the same area, and they talk a LOT. I mean FaceTime calls (over 35 minutes, which I always thought was weird because we hardly FaceTime). On his call logs he’s on the phone all day with this guy when he isn’t at work, he works with him all day as well. Maybe 8+ calls a day. Yesterday I looked on his phone (I know I know), and he’s deleted their entire text message log.

When I’ve confronted him about this he gets really upset. I really want to know if I’m going crazy or are these major red flags. He’s told me that he isn’t bi, isn’t gay, isn’t attracted to males, never had a same sex relationship or anything so I’m just confused.

TL;DR - My husband has inappropriate male friendships and when I’ve asked him about it he gets super pissed. How do I go about this and is this normal?

Sweetie, i didn't want to be the one to break the news, but your hubby is straight

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Me [27F] with my husband [28M]. I feel he has inappropriate male friendships. Together 6 years.

Sweetie, i didn't want to be the one to break the news, but your hubby is straight

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

Also the part where he defends the 18 year old because the family is being dicks about it was actually a good thing? It seems weird she saw it as negative.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

PostNouveau posted:

Whoever rewords and condenses these questions for Twitter is a loving master. It's artwork.
Yeah, I wish r/relationships had a word limit :sigh:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

DemoneeHo posted:

Okay.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willfrey posted:

I had a girl I was dating super into instagram. Just could not live in the moment and be happy with an experience without having to stop and take a loving picture

People have been annoying their partners with this since AT LEAST the existence of Polaroid instant film. Sometimes people just don’t have compatible ways of enjoying outings. It’s not some social media boogeyman.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Queenie is the cat.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

chitoryu12 posted:

And here we are. I count 8 people who have beaten him up in the past month, not including the additional employees who dragged him out of the building when he attacked his boss.

Nope. He attacked his boss when he got fired. Post was deleted but I found it via removeddit and posted it a couple pages back. So 9.

Dude is the fuckin' Chihuahua of people. Quivering with rage but so tiny he can never win the fights he picks.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It feels like one of those revenge-fantasy stories where the put-upon nerd finally snaps and starts destroying his tormentors, except with the sad real-life detail of the nerd having the strength of a wet paper towel and getting wrecked in every fight he picks

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Dude needs actual psychiatric help with his incredibly severe anger issues and he won't get it because he's going to jail for sure.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Resting Lich Face posted:

Dude needs actual psychiatric help with his incredibly severe anger issues and he won't get it because he's going to jail for sure.

It's funny because when he first said he had been sentenced to anger management, it sounded like 1 actual example of sentencing that might legit help the person reform into a productive member of society. Although, if it's minimum security, maybe there are classes for that kind of thing?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Yeah, I wish r/relationships had a word limit :sigh:

I bet an account that condensed the best of this thread into tweets would do well. @helpmeinternet or something

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Vim Fuego posted:

Those are good instincts. Wish him well on his journey and hit the dating pool

If pools were enough water then she wouldn't have any problem with moving to Michigan! think before you post

tactlessbastard posted:

Time to promote the maid!

to what, bangmaid?

Tato posted:

At last! The nirvana of porn! The holy grail!!!

*gets bored and skips to end, nuts in 30 seconds. A feeling of utterly emptiness suffocates my soul*

too real bro. too loving real

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“My new I guess girlfriend”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Resting Lich Face posted:

Nope. He attacked his boss when he got fired. Post was deleted but I found it via removeddit and posted it a couple pages back. So 9.

Dude is the fuckin' Chihuahua of people. Quivering with rage but so tiny he can never win the fights he picks.

Ex, ex’s boyfriend, friend, customer, dad, groper, date, manager. So 8 before the employees at the end.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DemoneeHo posted:

It's really hard to pick a single one out of them all, but that one lady who said god chose that dude to reproduce with her takes the gold medal this week.

He does not need your pithy belief to be real. The Failson is the truest person to have ever existed in this thread.

:bahgawd:
Coming to the ring, weighing in at 115 pounds..... THEEEEEE FAAAAAAAAILSOOOOOOON!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

LadyPictureShow posted:

Coming to the ring, weighing in at 115 pounds..... THEEEEEE FAAAAAAAAILSOOOOOOON!

*Tubthumping by Chumbawumba starts playing in the background *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Panfilo posted:

*Tubthumping by Chumbawumba starts playing in the background *

:vince: