Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Jamaldad as a DnD player does not disappoint.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

The truth of Jack's dad: revealed.

Awww, Jack's dad is so good! :allears:

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Something interesting happening in Rex Morgan? Say it ain't so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Wow that's the exact rationalization I thought they'd give. Maybe I should be a "merchandising consultant"!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I'd love to see some real-world A/B testing results on this.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Too soon.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TampaTango posted:

Rude boy spotted.

Naw I'm just a girl that's a fan of The Aquabats and various nerdcore groups/singers, namely MC Lars in this case.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RIP, little cart, you were the basis of a magnificent saga that will live for ages.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

For anyone unfamiliar with this, the thread is WELL worth a read. It's an utterly amazing goon saga.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

Ska is not Dead!

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1079555524285423618?lang=en

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Cheer Up Boss Dharma

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (December 31, 1931)

Peanuts, starring Linus and Lucy Van Pelt, clueless latchkey kids. (May 23, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 The-Punchline-Is-Scarring-Rubbernecking-Strangers-For-Life Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 16, 1935)

Out Our Way (September 1-3, 1932)

Toonerville Folks (July 12-14, 1915)

Got wrapped up in something else today, so the ducks kinda flew away.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

For anyone unfamiliar with this, the thread is WELL worth a read. It's an utterly amazing goon saga.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480

I'm 2 pages in, but is this going to be like the thread where everyone got way into drinking Russian embalming fluid or whatever and then people literal died, including the goon who was dealing to everyone?

Because that also started out pretty funny.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Huxley posted:

I'm 2 pages in, but is this going to be like the thread where everyone got way into drinking Russian embalming fluid or whatever and then people literal died, including the goon who was dealing to everyone?

Because that also started out pretty funny.

A man in a manic episode decides to completely destroy his life in the name of hiking across the entire country along trails even experienced backpackers have difficulty with, fails to even get out of a de facto dog park in Marin County before collapsing from exhaustion, and hopefully gets mental help from his family after disappearing from the internet.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kavak posted:

A man in a manic episode decides to completely destroy his life in the name of hiking across the entire country along trails even experienced backpackers have difficulty with, fails to even get out of a de facto dog park in Marin County before collapsing from exhaustion, and hopefully gets mental help from his family after disappearing from the internet.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't lmaoing at the opening credits of a snuff thread.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Thread's also noteworthy for having lots of genuinely good advice for serious hiking. Which the OP of course ignores.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kavak posted:

Don't forget it was a sure-fire death march if he went through with it because his planning had him hiking through Arizona in July so it never getting off the ground quite seriously saved his life.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Yar-har fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is- oh wait, I've already done that one, or Corto FINALLY does some piloting, or Slavin is really not keen on going to America.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 1/21/53

Mopsy 12/3/41

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Wow that's the exact rationalization I thought they'd give. Maybe I should be a "merchandising consultant"!

Go for it, it's a huge scam. I mean you do have to get "data" and something to show the clients but its all the same bullshit. The putting the good stuff in the back is a thing that's been around forever.

Just get some nice business cards and make a website for customer surveys or something. Then just Wolf of Wallstreet it and sell them a loving pen.
The stores will even move heaven and earth to help you get customer data.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Daddy's Home

Fred Basset

Judge Parker

Office Hours

Reply All

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tiggum posted:

Office Hours

He's on to us!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Huh, didn't know about this one. Thanks ADMIN.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tiggum posted:

Daddy's Home
this is high art

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
You posted foob twice and missed Dilbert.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Oct. 29, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Oct. 29, 1997)

Garfield Classic (Oct. 29, 1987)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holy poo poo, Kevin and Kell. You don’t get to unearth a conspiracy to catch and murder a class of people when the entire premise of the comic is based on that fact.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Green Intern posted:

Holy poo poo, Kevin and Kell. You don’t get to unearth a conspiracy to catch and murder a class of people when the entire premise of the comic is based on that fact.

The only moral mass murdering company is MY mass murdering company.

Also every Rose is Rose strip with the baby's speech style in it is the worst.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Zip

Rip

Dick Jan. 18-19, 1932

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts, starring Linus and Lucy Van Pelt, clueless latchkey kids. (May 23, 1972)

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

Those crazy little synchronicities...

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

You posted foob twice and missed Dilbert.

On one hand, nothing of value was lost. On the other hand, double Foob is still way too much Foob.

Green Intern posted:

It's not even a conspiracy since they know the trucks belongs to Herd Thinners.

...This is gonna end with the trans-rat character being mobbed and scarred by Geese, isn't it?

Zerilan posted:

Also every Rose is Rose strip with the baby's speech style in it is the worst.

It feels rather cloying, yeah.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Green Intern posted:

amigolupus posted:

It's not even a conspiracy since they know the trucks belongs to Herd Thinners.

It IS possible to get actual humor from pretty much exactly this situation -- see the "Chicken 4 Dayz" episode of Bojack Horseman. But the Bojack people were smart enough to only do one episode on that, rather than making it the focus of the entire show, year after year, and still trying to wring light-hearted jokes out of the rather disturbing premise.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Green Intern posted:

By Holbrook-logic this is immoral bc the wings have been clipped, thus keeping the geese from escaping using their own natural power. Rabbits fighting back with guns is equally as immoral as clipping bird wings by this logic, because both are 'breaking the rules' of 'the game'.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

It IS possible to get actual humor from pretty much exactly this situation -- see the "Chicken 4 Dayz" episode of Bojack Horseman. But the Bojack people were smart enough to only do one episode on that, rather than making it the focus of the entire show, year after year, and still trying to wring light-hearted jokes out of the rather disturbing premise.

Rocko's Modern Life does some similar jokes too, like Heifer living with his wolf family or chickens interviewing other chickens for a fast food chain job, with chickens ending up as a meal for others. It's a dog eat dog world caused by rampant capitalism, but at least the show actually satirizes the hell out of it, unlike what Holbrook is doing.

PetraCore posted:

By Holbrook-logic this is immoral bc the wings have been clipped, thus keeping the geese from escaping using their own natural power. Rabbits fighting back with guns is equally as immoral as clipping bird wings by this logic, because both are 'breaking the rules' of 'the game'.

Under Holbrook-logic, the lesson is gonna be that the geese shouldn't fight back at all and they should wait for the good guys to take pity on them and teach them the valuable lesson of accepting their place in the status quo of being murdered and eaten.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

EasyEW posted:

Oh poo poo I totally forgot Rerun was a thing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

PetraCore posted:

Holbrook has shown animals using technology to help them hunt/escape all the time, like flies using drones to break through spider webs, and I didn't see anything implying they were wrong to do so. The 'natural power' thing only matters when the plot demands it.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Zerilan posted:

Also every Rose is Rose strip is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The only real use Danish royals have is getting animals for the Copenhagen Zoo. Elephants from Thailand, Tasmanian devils, and we just got a pair of pandas as well.