Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Parachute posted:

hell yeah buddy

Clifton NJ? Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Immolation headlining is gonna be siiiick

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Parachute posted:

hell yeah buddy

yessss i've never caught immolation so that houston date is nice to see. blood incantation are cool too.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Parachute posted:

hell yeah buddy

Montreal AND Sherbrooke? Hails, you fuckin maniacs...

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

KozmoNaut posted:

Mortician continues just being rad and doing dumb poo poo that rules.

lmao I love it

Parachute posted:

someone here posted this ep last year & it is kind of similar but not as minimal as inquisition and also really good.

https://templeofmystery.bandcamp.com/album/reversed-widow-recluse

Yeah they don’t have the same feel exactly but I’m still into it!

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6o4fN_hlc

Some grind out of Spain. The riff the starts at 1:30 slays.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Seriously, go see Immolation if you get a chance. Top-tier live band.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I can't stop spinning the new Full of Hell. It's up there with Prowler in the Yard and World Extermination.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Henchman of Santa posted:

Works fine on this end. Does it work if you go directly to Bandcamp as CRIP posted?

Bandcamp worked.

Good song!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New Gygax song plopped out. Yes, it's still D&D themed Thin Lizzy worship. And it's still loving excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-pz_9dduc

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

this owns, I just smoked a bowl and goddamn just funnel this directly into my brain

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

If I may self-promote across multiple threads: My band has a new song out, with the record coming June 21. We’ve worked our asses off on the album so it would be much appreciated if you gave it a listen and feedback if you’ve got any! Goons have been very good to Flesh of the Stars since the first release.
http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2019/05/21/premiere-celebrate-flesh-of-the-stars-return-with-rites/

:eyepop: this is fuckin good dude

e: don't suppose there's any chance at a vinyl release?

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 22, 2019

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Oldstench posted:

This is a good and correct post. I should do that myself, it's been quite a few years

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

If I may self-promote across multiple threads: My band has a new song out, with the record coming June 21. We’ve worked our asses off on the album so it would be much appreciated if you gave it a listen and feedback if you’ve got any! Goons have been very good to Flesh of the Stars since the first release.
http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2019/05/21/premiere-celebrate-flesh-of-the-stars-return-with-rites/

this is real good!

quote:

victory audio wreckers in chicago, illinois

that is a very, very good name for a studio in chicago!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wachter posted:

I can't stop spinning the new Full of Hell. It's up there with Prowler in the Yard and World Extermination.

I’m enjoying it but the production/guitar tone is a little weird for me. I’m sure I’ll get used to it though once I listen more.

Oldstench posted:

Immolation has near flawless status for me honestly. I’ve never disliked a single thing about them. Every album rules.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

It’s funny, I can’t get into Immolation besides a few tracks and goddamn I’ve tried :shobon:

It took a listen through to start to grow on me but that new bewitcher album owns.
https://open.spotify.com/track/1EBMcWRUwYw99m00Uv97ZD?si=b4HRTv3iTsqsnxukUugSXA

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Plopped into Baltimore and there was a lot more people on the plane for MDF than usual

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYj-v99ZNZE

quote:

A Big Cake

everyone wants a piece of cake
and it's big enough for all
but some gets two or three pieces and some gets nothing -
why can't we all just share a bit of it?

(Bstial Bernd 6/88)

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I actually like Immolation's later stuff more than their early classic albums, although the early ones are still fantastic.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

owns

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Snowy posted:

Clifton NJ? Weird
Clifton gets some good stuff sometimes, there must be a decent promoter there. I've seen Dying Fetus and Organ Dealer at Clash Bar. Warbringer & Enforcer are at Dingbatz the week after that Immolation date.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Met two dudes here with the same first name as me sharing a room, got some whiskey and we went to their room and listened to Bolt Thrower. Best fest.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Met two dudes here with the same first name as me sharing a room, got some whiskey and we went to their room and listened to Bolt Thrower. Best fest.

Are you going to the Ottobar tonight? I’m thinking about heading over.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Nah. Gonna hit up the strip club with a friend and get kicked out like last time

EDIT: that being said, PM me your # or whatever and I’ll buy you a beer this weekend

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My friend Kendra is there and I am beyond jealous

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/HeaviestofArt/status/1131344227751714819?s=19

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

The three album covers from Slayer that didn't look like rear end. I remember seeing the album art from South of Heaven and Reign in Blood when I was a kid and thinking that they looked SO evil.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

For some reason I'd mentally written off Full of Hell as a band to avoid and I'm not sure why. But as you're all saying it rips, they're next up on my list to check out. Thanks thread!

Also I just got done listening to the new Arch/Matheos album "Winter Ethereal" and I really dug it. possibly even more so than the first one. Arch still sounds like he fell right out of the Awaken The Guardian recording sessions and in to modern times via time portal. While I'm a big fan over overblown prog wank, it's all very Fates Warning and controlled Lots of great riffs and places where Matheos cuts lose without any long drawn out "look at us prog" sections. Probably won't win over anyone who isn't already a prog/FW fan, but if you are, really do check it out.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

DroneRiff posted:

For some reason I'd mentally written off Full of Hell as a band to avoid and I'm not sure why. But as you're all saying it rips, they're next up on my list to check out. Thanks thread!

FOH started out really cool and then put out a bunch of bullshit noise tracks/albums that were unlistenable. i cautiously checked out this new album and was surprised that it contained actual songs, but i'm still way over them at this point, unfortunately.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
mommy stop the harsh noise is hurting my ears in between the grindcore songs

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Parachute posted:

Beat me to it, lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

FOH started out really cool and then put out a bunch of bullshit noise tracks/albums that were unlistenable. i cautiously checked out this new album and was surprised that it contained actual songs, but i'm still way over them at this point, unfortunately.

Their only real noisy projects were collaborations and even the one with Merzbow only had one song like that on the main album.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Parachute posted:

So what?

Some people aren't into that poo poo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
How bout some riffy-rear end Spanish black metal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fK11OPuBsY

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
The grimmest thing I’ve seen so far this year is a dude in his 70s, in a suit, just going to town and making out with a stripper in a gross club.

Malignancy loving ruled though.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

The grimmest thing I’ve seen so far this year is a dude in his 70s, in a suit, just going to town and making out with a stripper in a gross club.

oh cool bobby liebling's out of prison already?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

:aaa: top loving tier post right here lol that cracked me up

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

:vince:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume liebling doesn’t own a suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

New Birdflesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWbGVCU--sY

The album "Extreme Graveyard Tornado" :rock: will be out on June 28th.