Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

having a weird niche class that only some people like is Fine

At last, justification for BLU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is just lightnings 2/4

Yeah so there could be a special circumstance that supercharges a thundercloud proc or whatever.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pearl/Holy/White are the same spell I'm pretty sure, the SNES era was weird.

Wasn't Dia its own thing? Where's that?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Sorry, not allowed, which is why MCH is now BRD with a gun glamoured over the bow. Exact same gameplay otherwise.

man, i was leveling a marksman hunter in wow back in legion and absolutely loved the class. i was transmogging all my weapons into guns

then i got the artifact weapon, which was a bow. no big deal, i thought, i can just transmog over it. but like... all the abilities were clearly designed with a bow in mind, aesthetically. so even though i was having fun with the class i dropped it because i wasn't enjoying the aesthetic anymore :smith:

anyway that's only tangentially related just this post made me remember it and made me sad again

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Dia was in the very first FF (the English version called it Harm) It was also in 1.0 but it was a Thaum spell, not a WHM spell.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

Yeah so there could be a special circumstance that supercharges a thundercloud proc or whatever.
They should call it Luminaire.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It makes me mad that Square never references Chrono Trigger in anything.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Mystic quest crossover event when

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

At least they referenced Chrono Cross, with Lyse's outfit basically being Kid's outfit, and the Serge cloth.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Those references are in Eureka.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

We don't need that. We just need the main character's shrug as an emote.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pearl/Holy/White are the same spell I'm pretty sure, the SNES era was weird.

I STILL think they missed a huge opportunity to use these old SNES Era translation names for the Red Mage spells. Verholy should have been Pearl and Verflare should have been Nuke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Excuse me what about much beloved game I Am Setsuna?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Leal posted:

At least they referenced Chrono Cross, with Lyse's outfit basically being Kid's outfit, and the Serge cloth.

This is justice

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they got the magus of darkness there

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

Uhhh. Don't oaths show up in the skill screen? (That lvl 10 Iron Will is using Shield Oath's icon?) Also no Total eclipse? No shield bash or swipe? hrm.

They're probably giving both MRD and GLD their tanking stances earlier, since new tanks genuinely struggle to hold aggro in lower level dungeons if they get synced DPS (especially bursty DPS like RDM). The only use Bash had left was if you were doing unsynced Leviathan Extreme for some bizarre reason, and Swipe's a completely forgettable skill on a class that's already got a good number of OGCDs to pump out.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I like how the entire darkness crew was just the group from the ARR cinematic, but with darker clothes

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The HW Hildy quests use some sound fx from Chrono Trigger.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I like how the entire darkness crew was just the group from the ARR cinematic, but with darker clothes

Can't wait to do a Predatoresque "Dillon! You son of a bitch!" manshake greeting with my Warrior of Darkness counterpart soon.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am hardly an expert on the history, but supposedly the reason is something to do with the licensing of Toriyama's artwork and character design.

It makes me real sad, because CT is my favorite game ever, and it may as well never exist to SE because of weird legalities :(

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 23, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's the <The Wings of Time> title at least.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Axel Serenity posted:

I am hardly an expert on the history, but supposedly the reason is something to do with the licensing of Toryama's artwork and character design.

It makes me real sad, because CT is my favorite game ever, and it may as well never exist to SE because of weird legalities :(

Its probably this to a large extent when it comes to actual sequel or remake talk, plus I'd thought that there was still some bad blood between SE and Mitsuda as well. Just making references or having cameos in another game (with that game's style) shouldn't be verboten but somehow feels like it is.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

hello I hope i'm not too late for the character yearbook, I even went waaaay way back and dug up a screenshot of my very first character in ARR:

she was a good catte, but when I finally came back to the game about midway through HW I decided I wanted to try something different, so I rolled a totally new character -- buff lizard, big heals!!

and this is one of the last few screenshots I took just before Stormblood's launch:

and now here we are waiting for Shadowbringers, living the DPS life and much wiser in the ways of gpose and reshade...

:ssh: my white mage glamour is pretty much the same now as it was back then, it's changed a few times but I keep going back because that chest piece is too good

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I played way back pre-HW, but never got further than 43 MNK. I rejoined a couple weeks ago, but have gotten through all the ARR content and unlocked all the jobs since then. Currently rocking SAM. So I don't have old screenshots, but I have recent.. Been working on my Ironworks gear cause it looks awesome. Also my first time using /gpose I really don't get how it works.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Have it work for stack markers letting one more dps ignore the mechanic and keep burning?

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Dia was a white magic spell in FF11 that did damage over time.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pretty sure dia is a weak single target heal.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

They'll never implement it, because someone will say "I Dia'd 'em" and then everyone will have painful flashbacks.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Melomane Mallet posted:

Dia was a white magic spell in FF11 that did damage over time.

Dia was the undead damage spell. And the first AoE you got in FF1. It was only useful in some situations but being able to burn a group of undead at low levels is really really handy.

ETA: I misread 11 as 1. Don't get high before going to work and reading the forums kids.

Tashilicious fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 23, 2019

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

quote:

Dia (ディア, Dia?), also known as HARM or Garlic,

oh, okay

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This yearbook needs some superlatives. Who's got the cutest glam? Who's most likely to teleport from the Rising Stones to Mor Dhona?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

SonicRulez posted:

This yearbook needs some superlatives. Who's got the cutest glam? Who's most likely to teleport from the Rising Stones to Mor Dhona?

Most likely to pray return to the Waking Sands.

Everyone.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Pray return to Eorzea from the first shard.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gentlemen.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

This picture was real small on my phone screen and my first thought was "is that Harry Potter?"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

This picture was real small on my phone screen and my first thought was "is that Harry Potter?"
'Tis, thus why people find me fun but ultimately disappointing.

It's also one of 9 current glams I haven't taken a picture of yet, but I'm going to get around to it at some point

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Another of my glams:

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

The bribe season will start next week. Run (some) lowby contents, get tokens, exchange old shinies you might have missed, and more!

https://sqex.to/Wyauh

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hogama posted:

This Dark Knight list may contradict the earlier post.

this is getting hilarious, because "drk" means jerk as in jerking off in my language and it's been the butt of so many jokes already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

FortMan posted:

The bribe season will start next week. Run (some) lowby contents, get tokens, exchange old shinies you might have missed, and more!

https://sqex.to/Wyauh

These exchange rates are loving ridiculous. Only 34 Praetorium runs to get the earring, lol. People are just gonna end up doing preformed party Tam-Tara or LOTA speedruns to grind out the earring and maybe the unMBable diadem stuff, they'll be miserable about it the whole time, and the queue time for the low level duties won't actually get any better.