Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I'm the human jumping into the river thinking he can do gently caress-all to help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

Is it crumple vs fold because you crumplers need to get out of the stone age.

I think it's stand vs sit.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

zedprime posted:

It's an administrative guard masquerading as an engineering guard.

This is minor art right here. I'm going to use the poo poo out of it, too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Bravo sir, Bravo.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

what is this heresy

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

ArcMage posted:

Since almost all of the risk could be mitigated trivially with a bit of sheet metal, that would be the most correct thing to do, though.

And the fact that it's not mitigated is why it looks to me like something that's gonna lose someone some fingers if not a whole hand some day. :v: I'm not saying it wouldn't be relatively trivial to provide a safeguard, but that there is no such safeguard present.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

this image is so fuckin old but makes me laugh every time. does anyone remember what thread this came from?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hackers film 1995 posted:

this image is so fuckin old but makes me laugh every time. does anyone remember what thread this came from?

I'm about 90% sure it came from the original standing vs. sitting slapfight thread. The argument went on for pages and pages and pages, and that picture was one of the ones made when people started mocking it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That image is new as of today, friend

Just doing my part for the over/under debate

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFdceIGBPI

E: 45 seconds in, not sure why my start time didn't translate over to the embedded video

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 22, 2019

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Bothering me way more than it should that I still can't identify that SUV model. Mitsubishi?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yeah it looks like a fairly new Outlander, and if you look closely it's in reverse (the lights are in the bumper)

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

redgubbinz posted:

Yeah it looks like a fairly new Outlander, and if you look closely it's in reverse (the lights are in the bumper)

Those look like hazard lights, IMO.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

IT BURNS posted:

Yeah, they're definitely blinking

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

standing vs. sitting gets people whipped up in frenzied debates with both sides unable to comprehend that the other does it differently, definitely not a topic for the OSHA thread though

And then you get my one co-worker who I don't shake hands with anymore who claims wiping is gay

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's kind of hosed up not to shake hands

Maybe he just wears a diaper

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

this is basically a Internet Venus de milo and I giggle every time

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

shame on an IGA posted:

And then you get my one co-worker who I don't shake hands with anymore who claims wiping is gay

does he wear khakis with a black polo

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm about 90% sure it came from the original standing vs. sitting slapfight thread. The argument went on for pages and pages and pages, and that picture was one of the ones made when people started mocking it

I'll take the 10% that it was the German shelf toilet ask/tell

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think ask/tell was a thing when that pic came out

it still amazes me how good some people were with mspaint back then

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

another angle

https://i.imgur.com/bGPkgN2.mp4

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

these are loving rad

Yeah, kind of looks what a PDF from Warhammer 40K in an archaic planet would build. FOR CADIA!!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tashilicious posted:

Russians didn't have OSHA
Speaking of, a patient got crushed by a radiotherapy accelerator there yesterday.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

IT BURNS posted:

The reverse lights are in the bumper, i.e. below the actual taillight assembly below a retroreflector. It kinda looks like nothing or glare at first, but looking closer, yep that's a lit reverse light alright. Wonder what the hell actually happened here? Why would you leave it in reverse instead of putting it in park? The only logical explanation I can think of is that the parking brake failed, presumably because he didn't pull it up far enough. But then I'm not sure that's even a car with a typical handbrake, it might be an electronic one.

I mean, those can obviously fail but usually it's in the "won't disengage/can't be engaged at all" way, not by being randomly released by itself.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shut up Meg posted:

It's dangerous as gently caress.

That thing will be spinning around at insane speeds and those 3 bits will be doing their best to exit at high speed like shrapnel from a grenade.

They are held in place only by friction, which is dependant on a single screw which has the dual features of a) being constantly vibrated loose and b) having the thread battered every time it cuts anything, increased the chances of a).

Oh, if you hit a hidden nail, the bits will almost certainly shatter and do their shrapnel impressions, only in small, sharper pieces.

E: In theory, if you were to design it so that the bits could not fly out (perhaps make then J-shaped) and used a material that were malleable enough to bend, rather than shatter; then you would have a tool that was merely 'dangerous' as it shudders and jumps across the wood, lunging for your jugular.

well they bought one for the laffs, hopefully the trip report will be full-fingated.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076&perpage=40&pagenumber=289#post495286163

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Another reason to hate people with cats.

This has to be at least 15 years old.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
good thing for the glasses since he likely removed the guard on the grinder

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

The Russians used a pencil.

Sorry mate that's a bullshit story.
I bet you take McDonald's side on the coffee story too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gotta be a giant baby to complain about coffee hot enough to peel skin through your clothes

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

e: nvm

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Speaking of, a patient got crushed by a radiotherapy accelerator there yesterday.

Seems like it accelerated alright, then.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

that looks like water he falls into, hope his mate got back and got him out quick smart

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

redgubbinz posted:

I think the most OSHA thing about this is that it was a hybrid and after it was pulled out by a tow truck the batteries caught fire while attached to the tow truck and burned for a few hours.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5287301/we-can-not-keep-up-port-moody-firefighters-call-for-more-training-after-electric-vehicle-fire/

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Dread Head posted:

I think the most OSHA thing about this is that it was a hybrid and after it was pulled out by a tow truck the batteries caught fire while attached to the tow truck and burned for a few hours.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5287301/we-can-not-keep-up-port-moody-firefighters-call-for-more-training-after-electric-vehicle-fire/

Backing into the lake, then catching fire? Clearly this particular car was not meant for this earth.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jet Jaguar posted:

Backing into the lake, then catching fire? Clearly this particular car was not meant for this earth.

The ocean. I live right across the water from here.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Dread Head posted:

News report follow up also said the guy didn't have the parking brake on :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

The most :ussr: thing

"Sergei! Did you hear about Vasily? He was killed in a horrible accident with a particle accelerator!"
"Bozhe moi! What happened?"
"It fell on him!"