Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

your elezen looks a whooole lot like mine, will post comparison later

EDIT: there

AMISH FRIED PIES fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

FortMan posted:

The bribe season will start next week. Run (some) lowby contents, get tokens, exchange old shinies you might have missed, and more!

https://sqex.to/Wyauh
This is amazing.

No unsync (and good job at punishing people for helping a party who lost a group member :v:), not surprising. Let me run these awful lowbie dungeons the hard way a hundred times real quick. Sounds reasonable.

The Syrcus Tower queues will be nice though.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 23, 2019

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
Shame it isn't the horses I'm missing but I could use some bird mounts.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

jalapeno_dude posted:

These exchange rates are loving ridiculous. Only 34 Praetorium runs to get the earring, lol. People are just gonna end up doing preformed party Tam-Tara or LOTA speedruns to grind out the earring and maybe the unMBable diadem stuff, they'll be miserable about it the whole time, and the queue time for the low level duties won't actually get any better.

there will definitely be people who do that, but there will also definitely be people who just solo (or duo) queue for stuff because they're not interested in getting people together or their friends aren't interested, or whatever.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

drat I really want the Laurel Goobbue Horn and Bomb Palanquin Horn :sigh:

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
The primal mounts should be easily farmable at level 80 anyway, surely.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

All the ponies, and the two birds on offer, are already pretty trivial to grind for, nevermind 80.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I would have loved to get all those ride speed tokens as I don’t really do hunts but yeesh, they need to triple the rewards given, or even quadruple, those suck. Not worth it at all.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Apparently you have until 5.1 though? Should add up decently just from alliance roulette.

E: oh right, no, only until 5.0. Whatever. Not grinding it out specifically.

Bobfly fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 23, 2019

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Alder posted:

drat I really want the Laurel Goobbue Horn and Bomb Palanquin Horn :sigh:

It's really easy to max out ARR beast tribe rep, especially if you have a 70. I think it took me a month for those two, without doing it every day? What's nice about ARR is as you rank up there's multiple quest givers so it's not just the three a day.

Also, I started playing shortly after SB came out, so no HW glams, but here's a few current pics:

AST/WHM

RDM

MNK/SAM

Currently a dragongirl, although I've tried every race. I tend to default to dragon or cat though. Planning to at least try out the rabbits. I'd try out lions but idk how I feel about playing a dude and I have so much gender locked gear. Ugh.

Edit: Also lol at that event. I might grind out the pegasus, because I'm a sucker for collecting mounts and that's the only one I don't already have other than the Ixal and Amaal'ja which are in progress.

Emily Spinach fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 23, 2019

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should I got WHM or AST after leveling SCH? I like the cards with AST but being able to idiot proof everything with WHM is tempting with new dungeons in a month

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Blast of Confetti posted:

Should I got WHM or AST after leveling SCH? I like the cards with AST but being able to idiot proof everything with WHM is tempting with new dungeons in a month

I'd maybe wait and see what they announce later today? I think they're planning to make whm even easier.

AST is fun but requires more planning. I tend to reach for WHM more if I want healer queues but don't want to think.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do the numbers in this seem obscene?
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/mogmog-collection/

At best 3 tomes a run and just a cursory glance shows probably 600+ tomes worth of items I'd want.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
200 runs of HoW vErY gLiB

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

"look at this hell grind" says the gamer with the glowing scooty puff jr

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I would rather do 800 fates again before setting foot in msq roulette hell.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Spamming Syrcus is going to be the fastest way of farming. Your allowed to premade still too so if you could get a full 24 man going they'd be netting 8-10 tomestones an hour there.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

So with a new expansion and the Crystal Chronicles re-release coming soon, you think we'll ever get some Crystal Chronicles representation? I mean, Lalafels in lilty bucket helmets or anyone with Yuke helmets would be incredible.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobfly posted:

Apparently you have until 5.1 though? Should add up decently just from alliance roulette.

E: oh right, no, only until 5.0. Whatever. Not grinding it out specifically.

Do we know if they come from roulette? Kinda feels like they want you to specific queue.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Historically roulettes have I think always given all the normal rewards for a dungeon/raid in addition to the roulette rewards. I don't see why that would change now.

e: I mean yeah it looks like the rewards are being added to the dungeons/raids themselves, but you should still get them when you run MSDR, or when you get a CT raid in ADR or when you get one of those dungeons in LDR.

Telum fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 23, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

I would rather do 800 fates again before setting foot in msq roulette hell.

It doesn't require the roulette specifically, so you can just select Meridianum and chain run it. It's only about 25-30 minutes compared to Prae. Fastest will still likely be spamming Syrcus, just because it's got the least likelihood of wipes and is maybe 15-20 minutes at most.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Jade Mage posted:

So with a new expansion and the Crystal Chronicles re-release coming soon, you think we'll ever get some Crystal Chronicles representation? I mean, Lalafels in lilty bucket helmets or anyone with Yuke helmets would be incredible.

They wont even bring back the Crystal Bearer title from 1.0, I wouldn't count on any kind of marketing push for the remaster.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Emalde posted:

They wont even bring back the Crystal Bearer title from 1.0, I wouldn't count on any kind of marketing push for the remaster.

Let me dream :(

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
eh like just levelling casually you'll hit lota/syrcus/WoD and msq once a day, that plus any incidental copperbells or w/e from the moogle should easily see you getting whatever rewards you want

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I still think I'll not bother with this event. At this currency rate, this is a good way to get burnt the gently caress out right before an expansion launch.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Impermanent posted:

eh like just levelling casually you'll hit lota/syrcus/WoD and msq once a day, that plus any incidental copperbells or w/e from the moogle should easily see you getting whatever rewards you want

Ritually hitting roulettes for 2-3 hours every day for about 30 days.
"leveling casually"
:thunk:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eh, I'd call "hitting daily queues" leveling casually, at least compared to grinding dungeons/PotD/HoH. Granted, it's still a decent time investment.

Impermanent posted:

Probably not so bad if you've still got things to level. When I was finishing stuff off I'd usually do a MSQDR, ADR (which you can game to get the 50 dungeons) and LDR.) Although that's still only like 5 tomes a day. You're not getting much off the vendor doing just that.

If you're a crazy person like me, you've already got all the jobs maxed and would prefer to not step MSQDR ever again. (...I'll probably do it for XP on GUN & DNC)

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 23, 2019

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
So the Pegasus Whistle looks like to be the item that is the most annoying thing to get off that list normally yeah? Beside the earring of catfish mans if you count items only available during it.

Wonder what the payout for the maps are.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I doubt I'll get much more than forty tomestones, usually the seasonal stuff is like "three runs to get most of what you want, another ten for the big item if you like it, a full 7 hrs if you want everything and are taking your time."

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

orcane posted:

Ritually hitting roulettes for 2-3 hours every day for about 30 days.
"leveling casually"
:thunk:

yea like 2 or so hours a day of videogame is casual. Most people i know who play games play a lot more than that per day on average. we're all already playing an mmo, seems late in the game to start worrying about time wastage.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Givin posted:

The description makes them sound like regular Gazelleskin maps, but with a guarantee of getting a portal. The fact that they're 25 Tomestones each seems a bit ridiculous, but I guess it's intended for static groups that can quickly farm up tomestones and then mass do them.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Givin posted:

So the Pegasus Whistle looks like to be the item that is the most annoying thing to get off that list normally yeah? Beside the earring of catfish mans if you count items only available during it.

I think you can actually farm it pretty well if you have friends and GC airships to do gatherer-Diadem with.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?
Only way this tomestone payout structure makes sense to me if the 1/2/3 tomestone payout is per objective in the duty. (Plus, that would track with them saying 'objectives that award x' instead of 'duties that award x').

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

The description makes them sound like regular Gazelleskin maps, but with a guarantee of getting a portal. The fact that they're 25 Tomestones each seems a bit ridiculous, but I guess it's intended for static groups that can quickly farm up tomestones and then mass do them.
Arguably you can farm the maps (or the money to buy them) way faster than the 25 mogstones for the guaranteed portal map (e: if it's really just 1/2/3 tomes per run instead of a more generous reward structure, that is).

What's the regular chance for a portal?

orcane fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 23, 2019

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kaebora posted:

Only way this tomestone payout structure makes sense to me if the 1/2/3 tomestone payout is per objective in the duty. (Plus, that would track with them saying 'objectives that award x' instead of 'duties that award x').

That or it's a representative value of the duties. Like 3x the amount of tomes for doing these, 2x for these and 1x for these.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

m.hache posted:

That or it's a representative value of the duties. Like 3x the amount of tomes for doing these, 2x for these and 1x for these.

I was hoping that was the case when reading it again this morning (and who knows, maybe there was a translation error and it will be?) but from the site it sounds like that's the raw number, not a multiplier

Moogle Treasure Trove Site posted:

Objectives that Award One Irregular Tomestone of Philosophy

As an example of the wording.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
So whats the fast way to get from 60 to 61 so you can spam HoH? PotD? Not that I'm planning to grind DNC during early access week or anything definitely not that.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

m.hache posted:

This is the only way I’d bother with the event, earning them at raw numbers would make the grind insane.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
comedy option: they drop like loot at the end of each dungeon and you have to roll for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Truth Quark posted:

So whats the fast way to get from 60 to 61 so you can spam HoH? PotD? Not that I'm planning to grind DNC during early access week or anything definitely not that.

MSQ roulette and a Raid Roulette and hope you get a Library or Tower. Unless all healers go on strike that week then maybe some challenge log big ticket items like the two FATE completions.