Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Givin posted:

MSQ roulette and a Raid Roulette and hope you get a Library or Tower. Unless all healers go on strike that week then maybe some challenge log big ticket items like the two FATE completions.

You can just mess with your equipment to drop your average ilvl below eligibility for HW Alliance raids.

But yeah, under normal circumstances I'd say do roulettes to go from 60->61, but queues might be real ugly. Does Potd EXP fall off at 60 or 61?

Can't really decide what I want to focus on for day 1/first few days. I'm probably going to roll on my RDM through the expac since I'm not planning a main switch, and I sorta want to plough through the story, but making sure to hit roulettes for GUN/DNC feels tempting.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My day 1 plan is that I'm gonna roll with AST to 80 unless they make WHM really fun. We'll see what gets revealed this afternoon.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

So whats the fast way to get from 60 to 61 so you can spam HoH? PotD? Not that I'm planning to grind DNC during early access week or anything definitely not that.

Google Library gives decent XP, but it can take a bit long with pubbies. Doesn't take many runs for 60 -> 61 though.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
A set of roulettes should do you. LDR + MSDR + ADR is a BUNCH of xp.

E: Getting a job to lv70 isn't an enormous effort though, should be very doable in a week. Barring Raubahn EX-like shenanigans, of course.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

You can also do stormblood beast tribes at 60.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im going to jump right over to GUN and level that when the expac launches. going to slam my face against HoH and dungeons.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

good thing i don't care about a tiny earring and just want the pegasus colt and maybe pegasus mount. also maybe the bird mounts since i don't have any and the other primal ponies since i only have one of those and maybe the baby brachiosaur too and maybe......... poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why do you not repeat the same trick that served you so well at Carteneau, and call them down?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Luckily I also have everything on that list except for the Calofisteri minion, so it won't take me too long unless I decide to farm the namazu earring by running Praet on whm with autofollow and a rubber band over the Holy button while I watch Netflix.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Oxyclean posted:

Can't really decide what I want to focus on for day 1/first few days. I'm probably going to roll on my RDM through the expac since I'm not planning a main switch, and I sorta want to plough through the story, but making sure to hit roulettes for GUN/DNC feels tempting.

Some of this is pending today's liveletter, but more or less in this order:

0) Race change to Viera if I like whatever preset I can turn out in the benchmark.

1) Go to Idyllshire, buy shire weapons and upgrade them for gun and dnc.

2) Go to the gold saucer and buy anything new and cool with mgp.

3) Go to Gridania, do enough gun to unlock it, leave.

4) Go to Limsa, do enough dnc to unlock it, leave.

5) Go to my house, engage in launch speculatory crafting.

6) Spend some time beating up on a dummy with gun, dnc, and sam and maybe rdm if there's been a bunch of changes. Get a handle on their respective rotations. Decide what I am going to "main" for the expansion.

7) Go to the wolves den and buy anything new and cool for whatever I decide to main.

8) If gun or dnc, get to levelling to 70. Hit up them beast tribe dailies then dehumanize myself in hoh or whatever I have to do to level. If sam, off to expansion content.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Before:
Play with benchmark character creator.
Figure out if going to do Hrothgar or Viera.

During:
Pick up axe, blast to 80.
Grind glamour gear.

After:
gently caress off to go play Wolfenstein, SamSho, and Bloodstained

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MCH will be my first to 80 no matter what.

I'll unlock Gunbreaker and Dancer ASAP to have them, of course, and start working on leveling them via SB beast tribes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

- Level to 80 on RDM
- Contemplate new glams
- Take a lot of cute screenshots of my catman
- Probably going to play Gunbreaker over DNC

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm probably just gonna hammer the MSQ with WHM, but DRK has been a siren's call to me these last few months. Maybe I'll pick up AST again like I did for Heavensward or Stormblood if they have something ridiculous looking.

Servers permitting of course.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im seriously dreading taking a healer to 80 first unless they give us a little more variety in killing poo poo

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Do we know that GUN and DNC will start at 60?

E: ^^^ Healers look kind of dumb in fighting cutscenes, too :I

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bobfly posted:

Healer's look super dumb in cutscenes but I like throwing rocks.

or sparklers.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bobfly posted:

They were stated at the fanfests to start at 60, but it's tentative, meaning they could decide to adjust that before final release. Odds are good it'll be 60, though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bobfly posted:

This is honestly the only reason I'm considering rdm over blm for msq stuff, the rapier looks a lot better than the staff for those scenes

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Gonna get on a dummy to relearn summoner and then level with that because I know my healer will be scholar.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Countblanc posted:

This is honestly the only reason I'm considering rdm over blm for msq stuff, the rapier looks a lot better than the staff for those scenes

Playing through SB as MCH was fun just for the iconic scene where the Warrior of Light charges at Lyse with a goddamn gun.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Yeah, I always thought it looked awfully silly having my character menace my enemies with a stick while playing as a BLM.

Particularly when they get stopped because the enemy is too far away or something. If only there was some way to, like, throw fire at them.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
How are you even a real hero if you're not staring down a dragon with your trusty floating fidget spinner?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lord almighty the audio tuning on the Twitch stream is murder.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
It's decided. I'm gonna have to come up with a non-edgy DRK glamour and play through the story as that. A big sword is the styliest weapon.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hogama posted:

How are you even a real hero if you're not staring down a dragon with your trusty floating fidget spinner?

you are LATE, warrior of light!!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Livestream links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYvzcayhyEo

https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Would spend $100 mog store for all these great hairstyles.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:rip: headphone users

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
RIP my headphone wearing ears.

e: :argh:

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
everything sounds great so far!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Yoshi-P looks older and older every time I watch one of these.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

LegionAreI posted:

Was just thinking this.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

LegionAreI posted:

that's how linear time works

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Please, understand!!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
This is starting out well. Also I think Hrothgar need more differentiation from Roegadyn. :( I thought that was just a Roe dancer.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Nobody has a spare XLR cable? Nobody?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dancer gauge is a fan, neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007