Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Did they actually add stubble? Lol finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ah, white mages seem to have either infused their rocks and wind with holy power or they've moved past those alltogether

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sad lol that Yoship told me that I was having fun wrong.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Grondoth posted:

Ah, white mages seem to have either infused their rocks and wind with holy power or they've moved past those alltogether

I think I did hear them say you wouldn't be throwing rocks anymore but dont quote me on that

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Ibblebibble posted:

Sad lol that Yoship told me that I was having fun wrong.

we have nothing to go off of about the healer changes except that they literally said they were adding large damage dealing spells to each healer so i would hold off on this a little

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Grondoth posted:

The CNJ aesthetic has gotten weirder and weirder over the years when so many of WHM's abilities are "glowing holy power" instead of an elemental effect. After how goddamn annoying Stone IV's sound was, I'd be glad for the change.

somepartsareme posted:

we have nothing to go off of about the healer changes except that they literally said they were adding large damage dealing spells to each healer so i would hold off on this a little

I think they mean MCH? Either way, I'd interpret the "pure healer" thing as them shifting each healer job to be more homogenous in terms of healing/shielding output instead of having a specific heal/shield divide. Unless they want to change it so that every single raid fight involves both tanks taking enough constant damage to necessitate Cure spam from both healers, healer DPS is still going to be there.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 24, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I loved stone 4's looks and sound, hated stone 3. I'll miss the rocks.

They look like the sure left CNJ roots though with the new skills. No earth/wind/water in there.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

New BLM spells look a little underwhelming compared to Foul but still neat. Also more Flare?

New AST spells look really cool.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
My takeaway from this liveletter is they seem to have a really good grasp on what is fun and are leaning in to it. All of the general changes seem really smart to me, and the only one that had me annoyed was the lack of job quests, but that's tiny in the grand scheme of things. Also fear of the honest healer slide, but I am going to wait until we get in game to see how it pans out. Now for winners and losers in my estimation:

Winners: Mch, drk, sam, gun. Mch and Drk looked to significantly, significantly improved. Sam probably not exciting to anyone who doesn't play it but as a Sam main, everything I caught in that video was incredible. Gun abilities looked dope as hell and I am itching to try it out.

Losers: War, pld, brd, all healers. Nothing I saw for any of these jobs really turned my head. Brds getting what looks like a way to apply venom in an AE is pretty great though, and all asts cards buffing damage is good. But in terms of spectacle, pretty meh all around and changes too hard to understand out of the context of a real fight.

What???": Dnc. Looked flashy and might even be really fun, but it's impossible to tell with any precision what they were doing. I get the step system after the explanation, but I feel like the translation of switching between ranged and pbaoe might have been a little rough. If a 30% crit and dh buff is what they give then please put that on my samurai at all times though. Gotta get them big midares.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Just had an ilvl 390 DRK with every single combat class to 70 tell me that white mages shouldn't spam holy during big pulls. I don't know how you can play this game so much and be so dumb. He got salty and started trolling by refusing to tank enemies and the first boss, so he got kicked. Got a new tank and ended up with 3 comms at the end of expert roulette. Just as I was starting to take screenshots of the chat I got DC'd so I can't share the fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hahahaha, ahahahahahah, HAHAHAHA I say, as I Steady Sword Mofo's as PLD.

Also DRK get's the good ol' Shadow Blade.

Makes the Tactic's focused raid all the better :getin:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mostly I'm just happy that PLD finally, finally, finally has non-dogshit AoE.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sorry WAR, you were fun, but DRK is stealing the show for me this time *hangs up axe, retrieves sword, hi-fives Fray*

Pretty much between it, GNB and MCH for launch at this point, I think.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Hommando posted:

Just had an ilvl 390 DRK with every single combat class to 70 tell me that white mages shouldn't spam holy during big pulls. I don't know how you can play this game so much and be so dumb. He got salty and started trolling by refusing to tank enemies and the first boss, so he got kicked. Got a new tank and ended up with 3 comms at the end of expert roulette. Just as I was starting to take screenshots of the chat I got DC'd so I can't share the fun.

He probably just didn't want you loving up his blood price, which I am sympathetic to, but he's still a moron.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope there is a glamor option for the DRK doppleganger.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

maybe its just unexciting to me in general but gunblade looks like a drk that didnt have the upper body strength for a proper greatsword

dancer looks fuckin rad even if i dunno exactly what she was doing

whm is making GBS threads light everywhere and i like it

i am down for super fairy

gimme double fouls

k those are my takes

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

They look like the sure left CNJ roots though with the new skills. No earth/wind/water in there.
I wonder if there's any other job that uses Earth, Wind, and Water.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

He probably just didn't want you loving up his blood price, which I am sympathetic to, but he's still a moron.

You give him too much credit, he pulled out the "healers are supposed to heal" line on me. He did not like me DPSing at all.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Noticed something in the job actions trailer music, possibly story related.

Also potentially a spoiler if you're into that.

The song that plays when the Warrior part starts, 5:15 ish, is a crystal tower remix (6:25). It's also an Omega O11 remix (6:45)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Also I have to say the intro for each job, with the signature effect and the big clashing icon, is really fun to watch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So where's that DRK skill screenshot that had the Fray summon on it? Since we know that one's probably legit now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Someone went and screencapped most of the tooltips that popped up during the gameplay segments:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ygOuLAyavlPKjiyFyjZa36PPFbZcrXSqEd9R2HFg2Mk/preview

Surecast & Lucid still around for Casters & Healers. Addle for Casters.

Also, as we saw in the trailer RDM has an aoe Aero and Thunder, the tooltips seem to suggest these are just the same buttons as we already have. But we also see the RDM in the trailer cast the single target versions. I guess there's something to switch modes or something?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

somepartsareme posted:

I was talking about MCH. "Most people who knew how to play it, weren't having fun either."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Could be counter based, like if you're mismatched White over Black you get Veraero 2.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god drat everything looked so good in that trailer., im going to have every class at 80. DRK is really stealing the show for me and I think that will be my first 80. god drat summoning fray pretty much is amazing.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

So where's that DRK skill screenshot that had the Fray summon on it? Since we know that one's probably legit now.

The others, just collected here:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Seems confusing to have both an Intervene and Intervention skill on the same job.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Someone went and screencapped most of the tooltips that popped up during the gameplay segments:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ygOuLAyavlPKjiyFyjZa36PPFbZcrXSqEd9R2HFg2Mk/preview

Also, as we saw in the trailer RDM has an aoe Aero and Thunder, the tooltips seem to suggest these are just the same buttons as we already have. But we also see the RDM in the trailer cast the single target versions. I guess there's something to switch modes or something?

I think they mentioned in the live discussion that some moves will have an AoE variation?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I noticed that they were using impact, and wanted to say maybe that was it, but looking at the tooltip screenshot posted earlier impact doesn't mention anything about it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Judging by the job trailer, it looks like GLD gets its AoE way earlier, and Prominence is the followup move that's also AoE.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

lmao what did they do to red mage

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

i know you already said he's a moron but he should either stop using grit in trash pulls so he gets the delicious blood weapon + quietus combo, or just use TBN/blood price once the holy spam stops

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:eyepop: Holy shiiiiit those MCH changes. I am so hype for 5.0 right now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I think they mentioned in the live discussion that some moves will have an AoE variation?
Well for BLM Despair sounds like single target Flare, and Xenoglossy sounds like single target Foul...both of these are new spells though. Which seems different then what's going on with RDM?

Also, not really sure I like that about the new BLM stuff. Felt kinda tight on buttons/binds before.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just want to say that the tank changes look extremely good, and also

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

gently caress you protect.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Man, Draw getting separated out into two skills is gonna take some getting used to. From what I can tell, it looks like Sleeve Draw now just gives you two free Draws without a CD, and Lord of Crowns is some kind of self-damage buff (?). Still extremely curious what the alignment symbols on the job gauge are and how they interact with that new action.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Leal posted:

I noticed that they were using impact, and wanted to say maybe that was it, but looking at the tooltip screenshot posted earlier impact doesn't mention anything about it.

watching the job actions, I think enhanced reprise changes aero and thunder to their single target versions

probably

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*banging on table*

WHERE'S.

MY.

BENCHMARK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

:eyepop: Holy shiiiiit those MCH changes. I am so hype for 5.0 right now.

I just hope they keep the rigid rotation which was the best bit.