Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

quote:

And because Jim is a man, I am worried that he may rape her even if she says no.

Anyone who can say this without a hint of introspection is irredeemably broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MarcusSA posted:

Lol they absolutely can sue and might even win.

They absolutely are the way they are because of malpractice.

But if that’s true then why can’t the people who have their whole lives hosed up by doctors not listening to them sue for malpractice too?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

But if that’s true then why can’t the people who have their whole lives hosed up by doctors not listening to them sue for malpractice too?

They can?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MarcusSA posted:

They can?

So in order to avoid exposing themselves to malpractice suits, doctors expose themselves to malpractice suits?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean, what is malpractice if it isn't repeatedly ignoring what a patient tells you and refusing to even try to verify it while repeatedly insisting on a false diagnosis based on obvious prejudices?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TheMaskedUgly posted:

This was the line that took me from hating her to feeling really sorry for her. She most likely thinks this from having it happen to her....

She's still insane, but, I feel sympathy for her

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Or, more likely given the unrelenting bigotry in the rest of the post, she's bigoted

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My mother was a doctor and she loved medicine. In fact, she encouraged me to be gay because gay men have better health outcomes and optimal scores on self-care, whether it be physical or mental.

I thank my mother every day for encouraging me to pursue the optimal fiscal, physical, and mental lifestyle of a gay male. And just to be clear, I am describing those outcomes in descending levels of importance from a medical standpoint.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Or, more likely given the unrelenting bigotry in the rest of the post, she's bigoted

.... Yeah, you're right. Nevermind

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

So in order to avoid exposing themselves to malpractice suits, doctors expose themselves to malpractice suits?

I'm sure someone somewhere has done the Fight Club Equation on this and determined what ends up costing the least.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

cumshitter posted:

My mother was a doctor and she loved medicine. In fact, she encouraged me to be gay because gay men have better health outcomes and optimal scores on self-care, whether it be physical or mental.

I thank my mother every day for encouraging me to pursue the optimal fiscal, physical, and mental lifestyle of a gay male. And just to be clear, I am describing those outcomes in descending levels of importance from a medical standpoint.

son gay, for pay?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

cumshitter posted:

I just want you to know, that you're one of my favorite posters ever, and I wish to one day be as gay as you

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

TheMaskedUgly posted:

son gay, for pay?

More like,

Good pay? Son gay!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
If you're white*

My black gay cousins are routinely homeless balls of mental and physical illnesses.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

gently caress Your Website posted:

My daughter (24F) is dating someone incompatible, please help!

Later...

Oh hi my ex's mom, sub a levantine flavor of abrahamic religion.

She won, by the way.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xequecal posted:

I'm sure someone somewhere has done the Fight Club Equation on this and determined what ends up costing the least.

Someone somewhere has always done the pinto math

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Ah doctors. I was 19 when I started trying to lose my virginity with my boyfriend but I couldn't because it hurt too much. I went to the doctor to try to find out why and they insisted on inserting a swab to check for STI and cancer. I told him that I couldn't have an STI because I'd never had sex before, that was literally why I was there. He said they should "test for them anyway, just in case". In case what, I was lying about it?? And he couldn't even insert the drat thing all the way up because it hurt like hell and my muscles closed up and wouldn't let it in properly.

Funnily enough, when I called back two weeks later the tests were negative and there was never any follow up. No ultrasound, nothing. I felt like no one believed me, that maybe I was just defective so I never went back to another doctor. Years later I read a story about vaginismus and everything suddenly made sense and I've been able to work on it (by myself) and get to a much healthier sex life. It would have been much easier if I'd be taken seriously a decade ago, and I wouldn't have felt like I was just fundamentally broken for years.

There was also my university friend who was feeling like utter poo poo so she went to a doctor on campus and he turned her away with a flea in her ear about wasting a doctor's time for a cold. She was hospitalised with severe pneumonia the next day. We all swore never to go to the campus doctors after that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

My boyfriend broke up with me and I think it’s all a huge mistake. How do I process this?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean hell, we're in the middle of a new drug crisis because docs love prescribing powerful opiates to anyone now, but seemingly especially old white dudes.

Good. Kill off the boomers imho

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

areyoucontagious posted:

Like on the one hand she’s right, men can totally be capable of rape and he will absolutely drag her daughter into the tarry black pits of hell, but this entitlement about a 40k salary with a masters? Bitch, I know PhDs who make like 18k. A masters ain’t poo poo unless it’s in finance or you sell your soul to pharma and even then you’ll top out at 70ish. You need to let that 40k isn’t enough ship sail into the sunset.

I can see you have never professionally touched a computer

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Me [35M] with my wife [33F] Married 2 years, just found out wife is a convicted felon & other goodies

quote:

I met her about 4 years ago (friend of a friend kind of thing) and started dating. Two years later we are Married. Things have been good, typical relationship stuff but I'm happy.

We had gotten to the place in life where we were looking to get into a gated community so that we could start a family that we both want. This is where the problem started to arise. We had to submit to background checks which I thought was going to be a no brainer for us to get in. She didn't hesitate to fill it out so I never thought a thing about it.

When we got the letter denying our application due to a felony conviction I flipped out wanting to go to their office and give them a piece of my mind.

That's when she decided to come clean.

My wife's life has not been nearly as boring and mundane as she had pretended it to be. In fact her teen years and early 20's were quite, I'm not sure exciting is the right word but something like that.

She started smoking pot at 15 and then soon after graduated to Crystal Meth. This led to several juvenile arrest for possession, criminal trespass and theft (she liked to shoplift apparently).

Then she got hooked up with people who made and distributed Meth which led to adult arrests for possession but worse manufacturing and distribution. However the worst was that she was arrested for helping rob a store and since they were armed when they did it and she had a record already they made their arrest felony's and refused to allow plea bargaining it down.

She also had a couple of overdoses and other things (I'm not even sure what) that were in there.

She said at 23 she had a close friend OD and die and that is when she decided to turn her life around. She moved back in with her parents, got clean and finished school. She swears she has been clean and away from those people for over 10 years.

I am totally bewildered as to what to think or do here. I have a flood of emotions and I don't know where I should go with them.

First of all I am not happy that this was hidden from me.

Second I am not happy that now as long as we are married my credit is tied to her and her background will always be there and there is nothing I can do about it. It has already cost us the ideal housing situation and I can't even think about what else it could cost.

Third I don't know if I'm thrilled with the idea of her former associates ever finding her or us. I don't want criminals hanging out in my house, however it is not lost on me that I am living with one (former anyway).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated here, I am at a total loss. I mean in some way's it shouldn't be an issue because I never knew before however it has now become an issue and will always be an issue due to her record.

P.S. Just fyi she spent 2.5 years in a state womens correctional facility back in her home state when she was 20 and was on probation for 5 more years after. She claims that she is under no restrictions or any type of probation today.

tl;dr: Due to denied background check found out wife was convicted felon and had entire other life I didn't know about.
(update, Jesus what a mess)Me [35m] with my wife [33F] Married 2 years, just found out wife is a convicted felon & other goodies

quote:

Look I'm not proud of this but after talking with her and reading all of the reply's out there I did something that I'm not sure I regret or regret not doing it sooner. I used her ss# and did a criminal background check on her. (yes I used my work place's service for this, again not proud but I did it)

Let's just say that if I had an old printer I would have used reams of paper on it.

It didn't show any of her juvenile arrests but there were a poo poo ton of arrests and several more that she didn't tell me about.

We've talked btw and I told her then to just tell me everything so I wouldn't be blindsided again. She doesn't know I ran this btw. She said she told me everything.

However when I view her record she certainly has not told me everything and there is one thing that I am going to confront her about and this now has me doing the pause in where I stand with her.

Honestly I don't know how our car insurance isn't through the roof. Her license had been suspended multiple times and oh btw she had a conviction for DUI causing bodily harm (how that is not a felony I have no idea).

But the one that hit me in the gut was for solicitation. My understanding of that is that this is prostitution. I've seen online that it can be trying to get others to willfully commit a crime so maybe this had to do with the drugs, I'm not sure.

I know that people are going to scorch me on this but if this was for prostitution I think that is going to be it for me.

No matter if it is or isn't I'm not happy with her at all right now as I gave her every chance to be honest with me the other night and she didn't tell me about the suspended licenses, the bodily injury or this solicitation. I feel like I'm getting trickle truth here and I don't like it one bit.

tl;dr: Did background check and found more "things" she didn't tell me about. Going to confront her tonight about the solicitation and if it is what I think it is I might be done.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I can see you have never professionally touched a computer

or know anything about pharma. topping out at 70k, lol

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Or, more likely given the unrelenting crazy in the rest of the post, she's crazy

Fixed.

Given that she named her kids Mary and Paul, and that she doesn't understand why the daughter she decided should be a missionary(it's god's plan for her! Told only to me!) would happily live a poorer lifestyle halfway across the country than live near her, I'm going to say her problems are well past bigoted.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I have a much-older boyfriend who has seven kids. Is my situation ok?

quote:

Hello,

I’m 25 and currently semi-secretly dating a man 17 years my senior who has 7 children, one of whom is only 4 years younger than me. BF and I are coworkers, met at work a year ago and had an instant connection. A select few people at work know about us. They expressed surprise and confusion (and a little revulsion) at first, but seem to have accepted the idea.

His children and parents love me (his eldest child even gave me gift ideas for his birthday the first time I met her). The youngest five are from one mother and she takes care of them primarily, and BF has emphatically stated they are not my responsibility. A couple come over, I ask about school, let them play my Xbox, give them junk food and they go home. So that’s not really a problem.

Here are my main concerns:

1) Telling my family. I CAN’T. I love my parents so much but they are pure-hearted, frankly naive, upper middle class, white collar conservatives who want me to marry a dashing young astronaut. I can’t help but believe it would crush them and make me a pariah to my extended family, who are deeply religious and conservative (I’m the black sheep atheist though, so I’m kinda used to that). Script ideas?

2) His kids. SEVEN. From three different mothers! It took a while for me to put aside my prejudice and accept that he came from an abusive, broken family (13 siblings from 4 different mothers). He never had a proper family unit and views my own family with poorly concealed awe. Whenever he mentions my dad (who is thankfully old enough to be his father) there are stars in his eyes. STILL THOUGH. Guess I still can’t put it all aside…

3) MY kids. Still can’t decide if I want them, but I definitely want the option. He stated at the beginning he would never have more kids, but hinted recently he “might not be done yet.” Part of me really likes the idea, but another part is horrified at being the 4th mother of his children and asks me wtf I’m doing with my life.

4) The ageplay. As an example, if I tease him too much, he’ll tease back and say that I’m grounded unless I stop. Usually the convo has a sexual overtone. We’re just joking and honestly I really like it. But the fact that I like it makes me feel weird.

What’s happening? Is my situation okay or not? He’s a sweetheart. Gentle, loving, extremely witty, very protective. I’m very happy with him. Just getting a random hug from him makes me grin like an idiot, even after a year.

I feel conflicted and could use advice.

– In Over Her Head
Oh honey.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

Fixed.

Given that she named her kids Mary and Paul, and that she doesn't understand why the daughter she decided should be a missionary(it's god's plan for her! Told only to me!) would happily live a poorer lifestyle halfway across the country than live near her, I'm going to say her problems are well past bigoted.

And I'd give pretty good odds that the daughter is also an atheist and just hasn't told her mom.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Toxic masculinity is a myth promulgated by feminists!

My boss brought a machete to a disciplinary meeting with staff

quote:

I’m a lawyer, working at a small-ish firm in the Midwest. As a bit of background, my last job was at a non-profit, where I believed in the work, and loved my co-workers, but it was a bad fit. My old boss shredded my self-esteem, and my leave-taking was not entirely voluntary. I was also hella depressed, and having constant panic attacks, and I was completely burned out. I feel very lucky to have found this job, where I’m able to help people, work decent hours, and make a good living, with folks who think I’m awesome.

So, on to the question. There’s been some drama at work among the support staff, and my boss restructured to help reduce friction, putting me in charge of a law clerk and an admin that I’ll call S. S is young and pretty. She’s also a hard worker and a lot of fun. We get along great, and as a team, we’re doing really well.

The problem is that my boss (who is the head of the firm, and so has no one in authority over him) has a Thing for S, and when S started hanging out with one of the other attorneys, he took it badly. I know this because he confronted S about it, asked if she was loving the other attorney, and asked if she preferred him. That would have been bad enough, but a lot of the other staff people have been complaining about S’s breaks being too long, or her visiting this other attorney during working hours. The boss ignored the complaints for the most part, I think until he realized how much time S had been spending with the other attorney, and until he had a rather disastrous anniversary date with his wife. (I wish I didn’t know this, but holy inappropriate comments, Batman!)

At the end of last week, the boss calls me and S into his office, along with the other attorney, the office manager, and the staff person who had been complaining the most about S. He yelled at just about everybody except me (and really, nothing he said was out of bounds or inappropriate because it was all about being late to work or screwing around). And then he pulls out a machete. A real machete. And then he says that while we’re all very important to the firm, if he has to have this conversation again, not everybody is going to leave an employee, and then he brought the machete down on his desk, leaving a gouge in the wood. I still can’t quite believe it happened.

The next day, I expected him to at least acknowledge how nuts/over the top/whatever his behavior was, but instead he said, “I think machete cuts in desks will be a great way to enforce order and discipline!” I was speechless.

The thing is, I love the work. I’m good at it. I want to stick with it. While we could deal without my income, we want to adopt in the near future, which will be impossible without a second income. But I also have no idea what to do with a boss who thinks swinging a machete around is an appropriate response to ANYTHING in the workplace. I have no idea what to say to him since he is clearly not operating with Earth Logic. There’s no one else at work I can take my concerns to, because he’s in charge. For now, I’ve told my people to keep their heads down and their noses clean so that no one can complain. If the boss carries through with his promise to put me in charge, I’m hopeful that he’ll focus on the other side of the business and leave us to do our thing. And maybe once he pulls his head out of his rear end and gets over his bruised ego, he’ll start seeing sense.

But is there a script for this? I know he respects me, and I’m pretty sure he has no idea that at least four of his best (female) employees are ready to walk. How do I even approach him? I’m not afraid for my own person, and I don’t view him as dangerous (machete-weilding notwithstanding), but DUDE. I got nothing. Honestly, ideally, I would stay there for at least a couple of years, and then investigate the possibility of moving to a different firm that practices the same kind of law once I’ve gotten more experience. I love this area of the law, and there’s no other firm in my area doing it right now, but moving might be a possibility in a few years.

Thoughts? Scripts? Anything?

Yours truly,

Stunned Speechless

If this had been Texas it would have been a gun, so count your blessings, honeybunch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Toxic masculinity is a myth promulgated by feminists!

My boss brought a machete to a disciplinary meeting with staff

At least he didn't bring staff to a disciplinary meeting with Machete

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Serene Dragon posted:

Ah doctors. I was 19 when I started trying to lose my virginity with my boyfriend but I couldn't because it hurt too much. I went to the doctor to try to find out why and they insisted on inserting a swab to check for STI and cancer. I told him that I couldn't have an STI because I'd never had sex before, that was literally why I was there. He said they should "test for them anyway, just in case". In case what, I was lying about it?? And he couldn't even insert the drat thing all the way up because it hurt like hell and my muscles closed up and wouldn't let it in properly.

I had a doctor force an STD test on me because he couldn't believe that I, an 18 year old woman, could be in a committed relationship, and very heavily insinuated I had probably, at least once, gotten drunk and cheated. I was in for reasons nothing to do with sexual health, and the STD panel came back clean.

There's probably a PYF thread in these.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
My partner’s wife is a People-Pleaser, is there a way for me to help?

quote:

I’m in a poly relationship, my partner (of four years) has a wife of 20 years (her & I have been really close but have grown more distant the last nine months or so) who has really been struggling the last couple years with what she feels is depression (I’m phrasing it that way because there’s no official diagnosis it’s not to invalidate her). We thought it might have been menopause/hormonal but everything with the docs has checked out. She is seeking finding counseling now but more so because things really got to a crisis level. Her husband gave her an ultimatum to go. He ended up rescinding it but being explicit in things are bad and for his own well being if she doesn’t take getting herself better seriously he’ll have to eventually do what it takes to keep himself healthy.

We typically work very well together and in the 20 years of their open marriage they’ve never had issues like they’re experiencing now. About two years ago there were some serious life stressors (job, money, health etc) and she broke up with a very toxic boyfriend just prior/about this time.

We’re coming out of those things and everything is moving forward and looking so promising but she is struggling. We are working VERY hard to be supportive yet set healthy boundaries.

Through all the transitions and upheavals the last couple years I can’t help feel it has almost been a trigger for a midlife crisis type event for her. There’s no doubt she’s a people pleaser. She’s always happily gone in the direction her husband was going. He’s a strong personality but not manipulative or abusive. His friends have always been her friends, his interest and hobbies became her interest and hobbies. I’ve maintained and continue to cultivate life outside of our relationship and he’s always been 1000% supportive in that. He tries to do so with her but she lacks drive/motivation.

He and I were discussing this, the whys etc and he had a lightbulb moment of she’s such a people pleaser and he doesn’t think she even knows what she wants. Today I’ve done sooooo much reading about P-P and it’s so text book! I’m not going to tell her this is what’s happening but I’m wondering if there are healthy ways to help guide her in exploring this concept. I feel like it’s made doubly tricky because of the P-P attitude. More than anything we want to support her. We really want her to have opinions and to KNOW what SHE wants.

We want her to accept and believe we love her and value her because she’s awesome not because she does everything we’re interested in or that we want to do.

We know that ultimately that is on her to realize that but we would like to be supportive as best we can while maintaining healthy boundaries for everyone.

Poly husband who I’m loving made offhand amateur diagnosis about his wife, how can I help him ram this half baked concept through her skull? I mean I can’t imagine what she has to be depressed about here. Just suck it up and walk it off honey

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Me [35M] with my wife [33F] Married 2 years, just found out wife is a convicted felon & other goodies

(update, Jesus what a mess)Me [35m] with my wife [33F] Married 2 years, just found out wife is a convicted felon & other goodies

Something something let sleeping dogs lie something something.

Also L OH L at some uppity gated community requires a full background check??

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I am 90% convinced that's a fakepost but that one bit is actually a fairly common fear among Asian parents whose children date outside the race. Think about how sexualized Asian women are, combined with the general idea that they're supposed to be physically weak frail waifs, plus interracial relationships don't have the best success rate in Asian-made entertainment, that's honestly the only part which DIDN'T leap out at me.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Man, there is nothing out there a Baptist hates more than Catholic atheists. Hoo boy, gets them going even more than homosexuals or dancing.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Just pretend I bolded the whole thing

How do I end this misery?

quote:

About ten months ago, I started a relationship (a really-long-distance relationship with someone I met on a website). At first, and I have to be honest here, I was just fooling around, I couldn’t believe that you could actually fell in love with someone you don’t even know.

He was a “good guy”: sweet, romantic, funny, smart; I could say I had a crush on him. Eventually, he said he loved me. I was truly shocked, mostly because I was only fooling around and the guy was not. I’ll admit that I started having feelings for him, a crush, like I said. We started texting each other, talking over Skype, when I realized, I was in love. But there was one problem at that time: He doesn’t know my real name. Due to very personal reasons (related to my family), I never use my full (or real name, sometimes) on the internet.

I admit I let things go too far. So when he started taling about us being together in the future, and how I was the love of his life, and the future mother of his children, I started freaking out. I felt, and I still feel, like the worst loving person on the face of the earth. I mean, how could I let things come to this? Why didn’t I walked away when it wasn’t too late?

So I broke up with him, about five moths ago, I couldn’t tell him the real reason, so I used my family crisis as an excuse to break up; I wasn’t in a good place, I couldn’t focus on a relationship (I really coudn’t focus on a relationship, anyway, but still…). So that’s when the whole thing got even worse.

You’ll see, he’s a depressive person. His mother died when he was really young, so he’s obviously scared as hell of being abandoned, he wants so desperately to have a family, he’s scared of being old and alone, he’s a virgin so he feels like a loser and he’s got a low self-esteem (I had no idea of this when I fell in love with him). He has told me several times of how his life makes no sense without me and how he would be capable of taking his own life if I’m not with him. The worst part? I know he would do it. I’ve heard that before, but I didn’t believe them at all. But with this guy, I just know he would do it, he tried to do it years ago, he feels so alone and useless and weak.

So we make up. I didn’t really wanted to do it, but I couldn’t do anything else, I didn’t know what to do.

For the last 5 months we have continued with this so-called relationship. But now, I don’t want to be with him anymore. I’m no longer in love with him. He’s a passive-agressive person, he keeps victimizing himself, telling me how bad I make him feel and telling me how much he cries when we have a fight (which happens all the time). We have nothing in common, we have nothing to talk about, he says I’m “too smart” and he can’t understand what I say, so he changes the subject. Most of the times the only thing we talk about is “I love you–I love you too”.

I can’t take this anymore. He has even gotten mad at me for not wanting to strip for him over Skype, and never apologized about it. He has made sexist comments about women and then says that I’m overreacting. A couple nights ago, we had a big arguement (precisely, about the deeply rooted sexism that carries “chivalry”) and he called me a sexist. I got pissed off, and told him that with the historical background of abuse every woman suffers, he’s not entitled of comparing me to the people who victimizes us. He couldn’t care less about my explanations, he just keep talking about how that had nothing to do with absolutely anything. When he realized I was angry he apologized, cried, let every on the social network we’re both in know how much he suffers and how sad he is, just so people could message me about how much of a horrible person I am and how I’m not appreciating him. This was the drop that spilled the glass.

It’s more than obvious I don’t want to be on this relationship anymore, he irritates me very often, I have no more respect for him, I don’t want to be with a passive-agressive sexist with a victim complex who has gotten into my mind and make me scared of saying how I feel because of his tendency to commit suicide.

He’s got lots of qualities, he can find a girl and be happy with her. But he says I’m the love of his life, the future mother of his children, that I am his only motivation to be better so he can “deserve” me (he has not yet finished high-school, and by the age we both have he should be finishing college by now).

I don’t know what to do. I still have feelings for him, despite on how much he hurts me. I’m no longer in-love, and I know I don’t want to be on a relationship like that. If I could change it all, I would do it. I would’ve never fell for him. I wouldn’t even have talked to him in the first place, I wouldn’t have make up with him out of guilt.

I’m in pain, though I feel like I deserve it for letting things go too far. I need an advice, I really do. I’m scared and unhappy. But I want him to be happy with someone else, I really do. He will never break up with me, and if I break up with him I’m scared he’ll kill himself and I just couldn’t put up with it.

I can’t live like this anymore. For the first time in my life, I don’t know what to do.

Thanks in advance, and pardon my poor English.
-Sel.

Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Close Your Eyes

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for flirting with 19 year old girls and defending myself when being called a predator.

quote:

I’m 31 and recently ended a long term relationship. I was broken.

I recently went to this cool restaurant/bar downtown with one of my buddies to have a good time. Anyone of any age can come in.

While we were there, there was a girl who was celebrating her 19th birthday (They sang happy birthday and they were allowed an outside cake with 19 on it).

The birthday girl was pretty so I wanted to go chat her up. Her friends were super cute too. My buddy told me to leave them alone and that they looked like “babies”. He didn’t want to go over at first, but since the breakup, every other woman but my ex has been invisible. So he went to wingman with me.

We walked over and wished her a happy birthday. I thought things were going well and the women were laughing. Then all of a sudden one of the girls snaps at me to “take a loving hint R Kelly”. I was taken aback and just said “excuse me”. She said to read the room and that they were uncomfortable. Another asked to us to go away. I was going to go but I was really bothered by the r kelly comment.

I said it’s hosed up to call me a predator when we are all adults here. My buddy wanted to leave, but I stood my ground.

The birthday woman said that it didn’t matter, it’s weird for someone my age to hit on them, especially when they make it obvious that they are uncomfortable. Then made another r Kelly comment by asking if she she looked like Aliyah to me. Which upset me again.

I apologized for making them uncomfortable but that didn’t give them the right to call me a predator.

One of the women said jt was a “personal problem”. I said that adults are allowed to hit on the adults. It’s not a crime. One woman just asked why I was still standing there and yelled at me to go away.

I was pissed off and when I left, their entire table was singing “remix to ignition” and laughing their asses off. I was furious and humiliated.

When we sat back down, I was seething. My buddy said that it was my fault for not seeing the signs that they were uncomfortable. To him it was obvious, so he wanted to go. He called me “delusional”. I pointed out that they were laughing and he said it was just uncomfortable laughter.

I told him that I had every right to be mad about being called a predator when they were all 18-19. It’s a horrible accusation.to make. My ex was 6 years older than me. He said that they weren’t calling me a predator, just weird for going for teens. He said it was wrong of them to sing after me and that was bullying. But I should have left long before that. I felt like he should have stuck up for me.

Was I wrong for sticking up for me or for hitting them on the first place. I was respectful and not creepy at all too.

Edit: For the record, I do date women my age and older. This was the first time I approached muchyounger women.

Edit: Alright guys I get it. I let my pride get in the way of things here. Can’t fix it, will do better next time.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ad090 posted:

AITA for flirting with 19 year old girls and defending myself when being called a predator.

Get a grip, dude. Jesus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just pretend I bolded the whole thing

How do I end this misery?

Due to very personal reasons (related to my family), I never use my full (or real name, sometimes) on the internet.

Plot twist she’s Osma bin ladens daughter.

I don’t care about the rest of the train wreck but that seems really really odd especially for talking with someone for so long.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

MarcusSA posted:

Something something let sleeping dogs lie something something.

Also L OH L at some uppity gated community requires a full background check??

"america doesn't have rigorously enforced class standards!" i shriek as i turn into a divorced corncob.

What's REALLY hosed is how many minimum wage jobs will pull a credit check just so i can get a p/t job scratching asses on the night shift at the dick sucking factory. bootstraps is BULLSHIT this system is designed to kill.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ad090 posted:

Update: TIFU I saw her again and tried to fix it, I got maced. Trying to find her on social media so I can explain my position to her

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ad090 posted:

Good as the ones where you form an immediate reaction to the title only for the story to totally change your mind are, it's nice to read ones like this where you're certain the person is an rear end in a top hat all the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

ad090 posted:

This group of young ladies needs to open a school to teach every other young lady exactly how to do this.