Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A lot is out there. What is your current character? Pretty much every class has something that will fit your requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Dameius posted:

A lot is out there. What is your current character? Pretty much every class has something that will fit your requirement.

DH. I've played Shadow Impale, UE Multishot and Natalya/Marauder Sentry, and they're all fine, but I'm not super in love with them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
First puzzle ring turned out ancient.

The new vault was interesting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I think I should start using nvidia shadowplay when I start a public T16 bounty game.

Not the first time this kind of thing has happened, I'm on the last bounty of Act V and go to kill Malthael. Two of the pubbies join the encounter with me and they die immediately to Mal's opening rush attack and some other bullshit he does. I'm left there with my Blood Nova necro slowly whittling him down, blood rushing and Steuarts'ing all his hazards while trying to get off a resurrection on any of those two pubs just to get some DPS out of them between Mal's attacks.

Don't even notice the 4th pubbie who has diligently finished off the remaining bounties asking wtf is going on. Was telling me to reset so he can go in and Impale Mal which would've saved a lot of time now that I think about it. And the other two seemed to only speak in Chinese characters so, :shrug:

4th pubbie turns in the last bounty and I explain this and seemed to enjoy the comedy of the situation.

tl;dr I solo Malthael with two dead pubbies watching me blood nova and blood rush like a bloody pinball.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Of course it's the goddamn Tzo Krin's Gaze that has to be the unicorn for me right now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Primal Rivera Dancers from S16 returned to me as yet anothe random GR drop in S17, cementing my belief that God really does intend for me to play LoN Lashing Tail Kick Monk.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

tzirean posted:

DH. I've played Shadow Impale, UE Multishot and Natalya/Marauder Sentry, and they're all fine, but I'm not super in love with them.

UE Grenades with Danetta crossbows is a fun alternative. Infinite vault and cover the screen in explosions.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

KingShiro posted:

UE Grenades with Danetta crossbows is a fun alternative. Infinite vault and cover the screen in explosions.

Can confirm this is by far the best DH for bounties and hella fun.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Barb HotA with IK build is fun.
Run around with your Ancient buddies in Goku mode and whenever you run out of Rage, just spam HotA on the ground for a couple of seconds and "Wala!" all your Rage is back.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I'm plugging away with my necro, siphon chaining to two more targets and each cast triggering a blood nova is fun :haw:

But what class is the closest one can get to becoming Doom Slayer?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Seamonster posted:

Can confirm this is by far the best DH for bounties and hella fun.

400% movespeed multishot is best DH bounty build by far.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Hey Kadala/random monsters can you drop a Trove belt for me please? This thorns build is fun and all but more bombardment would be ace.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dameius posted:

400% movespeed multishot is best DH bounty build by far.

What does that involve? The "gold set", the bracers that boost move speed after smashing an object, the tactical passive... more? (This already has me basically teleporting)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

What does that involve? The "gold set", the bracers that boost move speed after smashing an object, the tactical passive... more? (This already has me basically teleporting)

You may need to downtune this slightly to make it t16 compatible which will cost some movespeed, but here. I would normally run at about ~200-250% movespeed in prior seasons just because it was easier to control, still plenty fast enough and :effort:.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Antioch posted:

Hey Kadala/random monsters can you drop a Trove belt for me please? This thorns build is fun and all but more bombardment would be ace.

Trove has always been the last piece I find in every season where I want to play invoker

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I started out as a necro bonearmor dude, then i made a vyr archon dudette, and Im in love with the playstyle, its a lot of buttonpushing but Totally worth it.
It melts everything.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

What in the gently caress is with five different active freeze pulses on the screen at the same time from the same rift boss?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

5er posted:

What in the gently caress is with five different active freeze pulses on the screen at the same time from the same rift boss?

I imagine its name is Coldsnap.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Could use some help, this is the part of the season where I normally give up because getting new pieces takes forever, but I'm still having fun. Just don't know what to target next or how to be economical about it (like which pieces to reforge, which to gamble, etc)

Going for LoN Blessed Shield, nearly everything I have equipped is a placeholder but I can do T13 rifts in about 4 mins with this. Again I know what slots need better items but I don't know how to efficiently farm ancients or prioritize upgrades. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/VideoPaine-1696/hero/110951424

Laugh at my non-top-tier diamonds if you must, I'm working on it!

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

But what class is the closest one can get to becoming Doom Slayer?

Raekor/Immortal King build with Hammer of the Ancients is pretty visceral. Charging in and hammering an elite pack so hard that the resulting area-of-effect from your Battle Rage Bloodshed rune insta-gibs all the surrounding trash mobs. The small delay between your critical damage and the AoE adds a subtle impactfullness to it.

It also has no down time and you only worry about Convention of Element rotations when your pushing your limits so it's pretty much just non-stop carnage.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Star Man posted:

I imagine its name is Coldsnap.

Yeah it was definitely the Izual clone.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

big cummers ONLY posted:

Could use some help, this is the part of the season where I normally give up because getting new pieces takes forever, but I'm still having fun. Just don't know what to target next or how to be economical about it (like which pieces to reforge, which to gamble, etc)

Going for LoN Blessed Shield, nearly everything I have equipped is a placeholder but I can do T13 rifts in about 4 mins with this. Again I know what slots need better items but I don't know how to efficiently farm ancients or prioritize upgrades. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/VideoPaine-1696/hero/110951424

I'm laughing at your (entirely correct) strategy of 5 set ancient items from different sets, including one of the LoN rings - I guess they are not completely useless.

Can't really help with crusader things, but when I'm at the 'need moar gems' stage of a season, and puzzle rings aren't dropping (seriously, nearly paragon 700, I have seen exactly 2!), you can usually get a few by cubing broken crown, restarting game 'til act 2 bounty boss is Zoltan, and repeatedly murdering the guy on the highest difficulty you can.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Don't forget the gem conversion recipe in the cube, too.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

What you definitely need is blessed shield braciers. Otherwise you seem to be wearing justice lantern and also cubing it? Get unity in there and for your follower.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I just got that JL tonight and don't have another ring to cube. Plvl 400 with 3 gifts and 0 unitys :v:

Really I think I'm just not being realistic about how much time I need to spend farming. I feel like my friends hit TXVI like one day after reset and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know what pieces I need but not how to get them efficiently I guess?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
See's all this talk about Puzzle Rings.

Looks them up.

gently caress, I've probably salvaged 10 or so at this point, didn't know they were used for anything...

What else am I probably screwing myself over with?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Im_Special posted:

See's all this talk about Puzzle Rings.

Looks them up.

gently caress, I've probably salvaged 10 or so at this point, didn't know they were used for anything...

What else am I probably screwing myself over with?

Bovine Bardiches give you cow levels when cubed.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Bovine Bardiches give you cow levels when cubed.

Also they get super tedious to get through.

Rather do a t16 rift than a bovine barchide.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Cow runs are for quickly spiking gold and crafting mats. There should be nothing tedious about it. If it is taking a long time, you are probably playing too hard a difficulty.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
How do Crusaders kill things? Mine is only level 41, but sucks even with the best weapons I can find or craft.

I also guess that the Sin Seekers legendary quiver is much more rare of a Legendary, as I've got 4 Fletcher's Prides from Kadala instead. I guess I should just move on and try to get to level 31 to gamble for other things then?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nothing is really more or less rare. Just have someone get your characters to 70 and you’re good to go.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Hold the phone, you mean I rolled a socket onto my ancient weapon when I didn't have to...

So can I just re-roll my socket to %damage instead, then use this item to add another socket to my weapon no strings attached?

God I feel like I'm playing so sub-optimally because I just don't know these things.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Im_Special posted:

So can I just re-roll my socket to %damage instead, then use this item to add another socket to my weapon no strings attached?

Yes.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I hosed up massively trying to snag the Avarice conquest in Ruins of Corvus on Torment 14 and still ended up succeeding over about a quarter of the map, that difficulty gold bonus is a hell of a thing. I usually try to run through the whole level without killing anything and work backwards but I kept getting wasted by trash mobs so I said gently caress it and just killed as I went from the waypoint and lo and behold, the achievement notification popped up like 45 seconds later.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Kaustik posted:

Raekor/Immortal King build with Hammer of the Ancients is pretty visceral. Charging in and hammering an elite pack so hard that the resulting area-of-effect from your Battle Rage Bloodshed rune insta-gibs all the surrounding trash mobs. The small delay between your critical damage and the AoE adds a subtle impactfullness to it.

It also has no down time and you only worry about Convention of Element rotations when your pushing your limits so it's pretty much just non-stop carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjC5ROdpj8

holy moly :prepop:

Im_Special posted:

God I feel like I'm playing so sub-optimally because I just don't know these things.

Same :haw: I am extremely loving casual when it comes to game and now that I've poked this season a little I'm understanding what I've been missing for so long.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Cool, any opinions on what I should re-roll this socket into?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Attack speed or area damage.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

big cummers ONLY posted:

I just got that JL tonight and don't have another ring to cube. Plvl 400 with 3 gifts and 0 unitys :v:

Really I think I'm just not being realistic about how much time I need to spend farming. I feel like my friends hit TXVI like one day after reset and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know what pieces I need but not how to get them efficiently I guess?

So, you know the gear you want. Start grinding rifts (for deathsbreath and keys), bounties as needed, and grifts mostly. Get socketed jewelry and run the highest grift you can clear in under 5 minutes to get items and level the gems for your build. Once you hit gr70 try to never go below that. Obviously, gamble with kadala for things as well. Convert rares to legendary if your build isnt complete yet. Another way to gamble and thats why you need db's. Call it a slot machine, but your loss is time.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Potential BFF posted:

Attack speed or area damage.

Yep. Bluddshed seems to favor area damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

mewse posted:

Yep. Bluddshed seems to favor area damage

Area damage always in high GR. Killin a lot more in a big group. High GR is just trying to manage and murder a large group asap.