Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Glagha posted:

Did I see someone say in here that job quests were going away because that'd make me real sad after doing 70 DRK recently.

No, they're just not doing job quests for 70-79, you're still getting an 80 quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Blast of Confetti posted:

lol at the end of HW's story making you do Titan again

oh come on

At least Under the Weight is fun, unlike Ifrit and Garuda's music (which is the reason I know what it's called, unlike theirs)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Please pay attention to the dialogue in the Titan redo, and then you will never complain again

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Emalde posted:

A lot of raid encounters break down and mechanics get silly as the boss has to reposition for extremely long periods of time if you pull things to the door/far wall.

"Tank North" is just a prototype version of Door Tanking, which is The One True Strat.

RIP that one electric lizard in halatali

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Draxion posted:

oh come on

At least Under the Weight is fun, unlike Ifrit and Garuda's music (which is the reason I know what it's called, unlike theirs)

What? Garuda's is fun, and extremely buttrock just like Titan.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I don't know that I've ever been able to hear it tbh, for some bosses the music comes through really clearly and other times I can't tell when it changes out of the pianochanting stage

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

It's the one that goes now fall BWADOMP BWAAAA BWAAA BWAAA BWAAA BEA BWA

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Draxion posted:

I don't know that I've ever been able to hear it tbh, for some bosses the music comes through really clearly and other times I can't tell when it changes out of the pianochanting stage

Garuda goes very quickly nowadays and her music takes a minute to really get going.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Glagha posted:

Did I see someone say in here that job quests were going away because that'd make me real sad after doing 70 DRK recently.
The idea they've had is that during leveling, you have to do one set of "Role Quests" which will involve retracing the Warriors of Darkness's history on the First. There's a line for Tanks, Healers, Physical DPS, and Magical DPS, but you need to finish one to finish the MSQ. Then, after the MSQ, every job has a unique level 80 quest. Similarly, the Hand/Land jobs have their quests consolidated: the Facets of Forging, Crafting, and Nourishment for Hand, the Facets of Gathering and Fishing for Land. They'll be similar to the Custom Deliveries questlines.

Gunbreaker and Dancer will still have 60-70 job questlines of their own.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its good to know that DAN and GUN start at 60, so I can actually get a use out of these XP boost earrings :v:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Here's my shot in the character creator.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Cythereal posted:

DRG set is just embarrassing for women, even more than BRD.

How else will you be able to tell it's a woman unless you expose their thighs with the armor design?

I don't think Square knows what they want to do with the Samurai designs. They have the traditional look then they have what Auron was wearing in FFX but it also looks a lot like the old Monk armor. Monk armor has morphed into some sort of modern beat 'em up protagonist look.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glagha posted:

What? Garuda's is fun, and extremely buttrock just like Titan.

i just want to know why garudas song doesnt have the intro with the guy screaming about the mountains of madness

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Paladins should have to use their sword as a defensive tool and only attack with their shield.

wait isn't that what shield stance does??

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Z2t7nq_sU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/PityTheFrail/status/1132103027672866816

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Has anyone talked about how the Viera race outfit gives them way more of a butt than any other race gets? I looked and was shocked to not find 500 threads on the official forums about this.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Everyone who would be upset about butts is too busy being upset/excited/flabbergasted/lambasted/worryworting about the combat changes.

Nobody actually cares that much about the butts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
They better put in some Viera-esque thongs for catgirls or I'm gonna be so upset.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm upset that highladies have so little butt that it's almost goddamn concave.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Glagha posted:

No, they're just doing them differently in Shadow. The ones up to 70 will be unchanged presumably, and there will be a revisiting at 80

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish they'd let me give my Roedame a body of a bodybuilder. Like Zarya in Overwatch or something. Dummy thicc that can tear phone books in half with ease.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Of all the armor shown off in the benchmark, I'm looking forward to those black chainmail coats the guards in crystal town wear.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Solovey posted:

the authentic bard experience is hammering peloton between every trash pull while completely forgetting palisade even exists, and that's facts tbh

anyway I was starting to get cold feet about fantasiaing my main to a viera, but then I got this out of the character creator and, yeah, pretty sure I'm going to spend my time in shadowbringers as a bunny

my rig isn't nearly as beefy as some other folks but it was still interesting to see that actually running the benchmark with this filter active still scored a Very High in the 5000's range, lmao

Yo this is legit the coolest character I've seen come out of the creator so far

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A lot of the face paints look way better on Viera than other races, it's cool.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
So which Jobs are goons most/least excited about based on just the showcase video/fanfest talk?

It's definitely made me want to try out a bunch of jobs in ShB, although I've used WAR the most, it's the one I'm most meh about to level for ShB cool factor wise.

I like my fell cleaves, but it doesn't even register on the radar compared to shadow stand.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Holy poo poo Dancer so much I can't wait

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rastan Beeza posted:

So which Jobs are goons most/least excited about based on just the showcase video/fanfest talk?

It's definitely made me want to try out a bunch of jobs in ShB, although I've used WAR the most, it's the one I'm most meh about to level for ShB cool factor wise.

I like my fell cleaves, but it doesn't even register on the radar compared to shadow stand.

Honestly I'm going to play a healer but I am so loving curious about New MCH. I was always mildly annoyed that Mechanist was "the job with guns" and not Edgar from FF6 and they're fixing the hell out of that.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Rastan Beeza posted:

MCH is a big winner for a lot of folks, I think. I'm probably going to level it at some point now that it gets a bunch of Edgar tools.

I'm still looking forward to Gunbreaker the most. I like tanking and GNB is definitely pretty badass. I'll probably do at least one of every role, so GNB, MCH, SAM or NIN, BLM or RDM, and SCH.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rastan Beeza posted:

DRK and AST are up there. I mained WHM for SB and although a rework sounds nice, nothing they showed off was tantalizing. Except for Protect being gone. Get that poo poo out of here.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 26, 2019

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
PLD, AST and RDM for me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
We still don't know much about how the reworked SMN operates, so I'm very interested to see how that one works out.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
DRK [As literally everyone was when they saw we had a summon Fray button], SCH [To see if my fairy still carries me with the new changes], Dancer [Because synergistic buffing and twirling death blades intrigues me].

Least is things like SAM and RDM and all the rest where it looks like they got some cool things, but are relatively unchanged. So it's like, always neat to have cool new buttons but....I kind of know what I'm in for there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AST for healing, GNB for tanking and NIN for melee all three because they seem to be high APM classes. I dont know which ranged phys dps class would be best for me since I've never played one for long. Dancer seems unique though, if she plays smoothly then she'll definitely be my top pick

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

DRK/AST/GUN/MCH for me

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

I am excited about White mage. It looks neato. But also Black mage. because my aoe rotation is finally going to make sense, and I will have more on the move abilities.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Sam and Gun for me. Gun is so flashy I am even pondering main swapping to it from sam in light of all the other tank changes. Defense being always on and no more damage penalty is huge to me. But if the main shb sam changes are 150% more midare's and even bigger potency abilities to throw out then that is exactly what I am on board for.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Cythereal posted:

We still don't know much about how the reworked SMN operates, so I'm very interested to see how that one works out.

Yeah, from the LL it sounds like they're trying to make it more like the traditional FF summoner, where you're quickly bringing different summons in and out of play. Instant egis, plus Phoenix as a new tool seems to bring that together. I wonder if swapping egis out will become part of the rotation.