Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It makes sense why it does it for the last time, but between each section is silly. There's no need to send me to space just to have me click right back onto the terminal and go back to the planet when a taxi exists. It's just adding a click and a loading screen for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

I'm going to throw a shoe at you.

Perhaps that should be the new animation.... hmmm....

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

nonentity posted:

I said before you guys should sell it for like $200 and make him put up or shut up.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Arquinsiel posted:

It makes sense why it does it for the last time, but between each section is silly. There's no need to send me to space just to have me click right back onto the terminal and go back to the planet when a taxi exists. It's just adding a click and a loading screen for no reason.

Trooper chapter 1 2 3 all: "oh hey trooper, we know you're adventuring in Taris but we need you to come back to Coruscant so you can be questioned about Garza's warcrimes."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Siegkrow posted:

Trooper chapter 1 2 3 all: "oh hey trooper, we know you're adventuring in Taris but we need you to come back to Coruscant so you can be questioned about Garza's warcrimes."

It's kind of a shame Garza only dies in Eternal Throne if you help the Empire on Iokath.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Siegkrow posted:

At least they finally added a quick travel point to the Senate plaza.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

Each section was originally released several months apart so that's probably why.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Each section was originally released several months apart so that's probably why.

Nope. The vanilla class stories came out all at once. Vanilla was always lousy with extra loading steps and various similar bullshit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cease to Hope posted:

Nope. The vanilla class stories came out all at once. Vanilla was always lousy with extra loading steps and various similar bullshit.

He's talking about Ziost, though, which is between Shadow of Revan and Fallen Empire.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

nonentity posted:

I'm now having the mental image of a Sith force throwing a chancla and I can't stop giggling.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

That makes sense, but in a bad way.

Also I totally get what people mean by "corridors of Skytroopers" now. Ugh.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

That makes sense, but in a bad way.

Also I totally get what people mean by "corridors of Skytroopers" now. Ugh.

it gets a little better, then it gets so much worse. nathema is a hellish slog if you don't freely abuse stealth/suicide skips.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm now having the mental image of a Sith force throwing a chancla and I can't stop giggling.

Dr. Marten the FlipFlop Flinger of Coruscant, of the SithShod Bootchuckers will not stand for your insolence.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Odd bug (maybe?) I just noticed: after my smuggler got his ship back, Risha is in the cargo bay. Not usable as a companion, just chillin'. You think someone would have mentioned this to him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Not a bug, she joins you early on but doesn't commit to being a companion until later.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, if you watch the story stuff, she is your 'contact'/boss/person who hired you for the first arc.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Bear in mind that I'm on chapter 10 or so of the Fallen Empire stuff.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh yeah, then that's a bug.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh. Yes, very different. Sounds amusing though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce, you gonna fix the Nar Shaddaa planetary heroic bug before 6.0, or are me and DrunkenGarbageCan going to get to 75 not leaving the guild ship? :D

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Any more news regarding the expac?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Pryce, you gonna fix the Nar Shaddaa planetary heroic bug before 6.0, or are me and DrunkenGarbageCan going to get to 75 not leaving the guild ship? :D

Tell me more! You referring to this guy? https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/5zdszz/pssst_dont_tell_anybody_but/

Siegkrow posted:

Any more news regarding the expac?

Big info dump coming this week on the livestream: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9731235#edit9731235

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yup. It happens for any Republic character that did the Nar Shaddaa Heroic weekly mission before the game was patched to allow for the Heroics to be done daily, early in 5.0. But don't fix it it's a good bug. :)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
If we’re fixing bugs please oh please stop dismissing comps after WZ’s.

Also will Dantooine contain a new Weekly for 252’s or Masterwork Crystals? Ossus is getting old and is antithetical to the “do whatever you enjoy to earn gear” nature of Galactic Command.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Also give us the choice on the Weekly (for Dailies not the rotating) of either a 252 box or a Masterwork crystal.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

The best thing to sell is still the Insta-Level 70 boxes, right? I'm sorting through all my old cartel stuff, too. So much junk to sell for credits to buy new junk with.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

iGestalt posted:

The best thing to sell is still the Insta-Level 70 boxes, right? I'm sorting through all my old cartel stuff, too. So much junk to sell for credits to buy new junk with.

That's always a safe bet.

Hmmm makes me wonder, will they be updated to Insta 75's with the new Expansion? Or will there be a Grandmaster's Datacron added.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

That's always a safe bet.

Hmmm makes me wonder, will they be updated to Insta 75's with the new Expansion? Or will there be a Grandmaster's Datacron added.

Probably just replace the current one with a new one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Live stream today with a ton of new information on how gearing is going to change in 6.0. Official forums thread

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Are they updating Galactic Starfighter

"Drops now scale based on your characters current gear." -- That's a version of loot that I don't think I've seen in other games. Hopefully it makes sense and doesn't punish people for using lower ilvl but better itemized gear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

Are they updating Galactic Starfighter

"Drops now scale based on your characters current gear." -- That's a version of loot that I don't think I've seen in other games. Hopefully it makes sense and doesn't punish people for using lower ilvl but better itemized gear.

In the stream it mentioned how they are really embracing legacy wide gearing - all new items will be bound to legacy now, including Implants, Earpieces and Relics. So realistically, you could get your Sniper up to top tier, then send that set over to your Juggernaut and ideally they'd get gear drops that are at the highest level. Set bonuses are going back to being tied to shells, which I'm not real keen on, but on the other hand that means if you have a Tier 1 set bonus but you get a Tier 3 extra chestpiece on an alt, you can use the Tier 3 mods and still keep your set bonus.

PvP is going to be bolstered to max, so while they're not bringing back expertise, the gear treadmill will be far less important. Ideally. Though they used the example of a potential new set bonus being "As an Assassin, whoever you're guarding will get the effects of Force Shroud when you use it as well" which will be BRUTALLY broken in PvP.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

PvP is going to be bolstered to max, so while they're not bringing back expertise, the gear treadmill will be far less important. Ideally. Though they used the example of a potential new set bonus being "As an Assassin, whoever you're guarding will get the effects of Force Shroud when you use it as well" which will be BRUTALLY broken in PvP.

*laughs in Mara as I drop 90k weapon damage on you in 3 GCD's then hard stun you once Shroud is gone* DCD's in this game are generally garbage without the right utilities....just look at Kolto Overload on Mercs compared to PT's. Base Force Shroud doesn't prevent damage from a good player it just changes the priorities.

meh as always pie in the sky devs think people are going to play the game their way when you're either going to laser focus on what's optimal or get left behind. Numbers may be boring but they don't lie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah that's the sad thing. They put a big focus on "play your way", but once people figure out the optimal setups that's what you'll see. Who are you bringing to Nightmare Brontes, the guy with the "Bloodlust's cooldown debuff is cleared from the group if you get to 20% health" or the one with "You get twice as much Green Goo from a Bio node"

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah that's the sad thing. They put a big focus on "play your way", but once people figure out the optimal setups that's what you'll see. Who are you bringing to Nightmare Brontes, the guy with the "Bloodlust's cooldown debuff is cleared from the group if you get to 20% health" or the one with "You get twice as much Green Goo from a Bio node"

In a game where the devs have repeatedly demonstrated that they don't understand the meta and haven't done any serious balancing in over a year adding even more variables doesn't seem like the best idea. That's a nice gas fire you got there let me add this kerosene... :kingsley:

Although I will say I like this better than adding new abilities which is what I was scared they were going to do.

This game doesn't need new systems it needs new classes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I got bad news for you... Every class is getting new abilities too.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Wait what?

I thought every ability was getting its own class.

*flips drawing board.*

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Any links talking about this? gently caress me I use a 15-button MMO mouse and 12 keyboard keys all with shift modifier and my skank Jugg has no room for new abilities.

It'd be neat if you could change animations...I'd really like to get rid of the flippy Ravage on said skank.

This expansion is set to go head-to-head with Classic WoW.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Classic WoW sucked and people are in for a hell of a reminder.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Any links talking about this? gently caress me I use a 15-button MMO mouse and 12 keyboard keys all with shift modifier and my skank Jugg has no room for new abilities.

It'd be neat if you could change animations...I'd really like to get rid of the flippy Ravage on said skank.

This expansion is set to go head-to-head with Classic WoW.

It was in the original Onslaught announcement at Celebration. It was a new move for each Advanced Class, not Discipline specific. I would think it's a replacement move (like Lethal Strike).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Classic WoW sucked and people are in for a hell of a reminder.

I'm probably the biggest ToR homer on these boards and I've played more Classic the last two weeks than ToR.

If they don't push into BC or WotLK it'll be a couple of months diversion only though.